Author Topic: Dow Crash Coming To Your 401K (2007 to 2022)  (Read 462163 times)

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
Re: Dow crash coming to your 401k..........
« Reply #1050 on: June 09, 2008, 04:04:17 AM »

Corn Jumps to Record on U.S. Midwest Rain, Crude Oil, Dollar

June 9 (Bloomberg) -- Corn jumped to a record as rain in the U.S. Midwest flooded fields, delaying planting and threatening to reduce crops. Soybeans, wheat and rice also gained as soaring oil costs and the dollar's drop boosted demand for an inflation hedge.

Corn prices have advanced 47 percent this year, gaining for a fourth straight year, as demand surged for feed and biofuels, reducing global inventories to a 24-year low. Wheat, soybeans and palm oil also reached records this year, and rice has risen 9.4 percent in the last three days, stoking concern that food shortages may worsen and spur inflation.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1051 on: June 09, 2008, 04:07:54 AM »

U.K. Producer Prices Rise at Fastest Pace Since 1986  

June 9 (Bloomberg) -- U.K. producer prices increased at the quickest rate in two decades in May, increasing the odds the Bank of England will refrain from interest-rate cuts even as the economy edges toward a recession.

NT

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #1052 on: June 09, 2008, 04:23:11 AM »
Ever learn the difference between there, their and they're? I guess you were too busy being smart to notice that one?  ;D

I would actually have to read your posts for them to have any effect, fortunatly for me I ignore most of your nonsensical comments.  :)

See how easy that is?  Now remove your foot from your mouth son.

It is spelled fortunately

Sophomoric attempt at diversion from topic

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1053 on: June 09, 2008, 05:16:39 AM »

just so everybody understands......when i talk about exiting the market for safety, i only believe this makes sense for the average investor when a BIG DOWNTURN may occur. this thread is NOT about trading etc. this thread was started because my experience leads me to believe that a recession is on the horizon. with a recession comes a corresponding LARGE stock market correction. both recessionary and bubble (real estate) corrections many times take yrs to recover loses. (think dot-com bubble)

it makes no sense for the average guy to jump in and out of the market for the "normal ups and downs". if investors would AVOID the big corrections, their returns would increase significantly.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1054 on: June 09, 2008, 05:19:56 AM »

70% of our nations GDP is consumer consumption. since our nation no longer manufactures, we are dependent on a STRONG consumer. a weak dollar INCREASES inflation which lessens Americans buying power. the weak greenback may increase exports but never enough to offset the weak u.s. consumer.

record u.s deficits, a weak dollar, negative consumer savings, high inflation, record gas/oil prices (in none peak season) coupled with Americans no longer able to use their homes as a.t.m. machines spells disaster for a service economy such as ours.

the perfect storm is brewing........

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #1055 on: June 09, 2008, 09:19:59 AM »
See how easy that is?  Now remove your foot from your mouth son.

It is spelled fortunately

Sophomoric attempt at diversion from topic

Epic search through my posts for redemption.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1056 on: June 09, 2008, 03:54:25 PM »
US investment bank Lehman Brothers is raising $6bn to boost its finances after predicting a loss in the second quarter of 2008.

The firm expects a $2.8bn loss compared with $1.3bn profit a year earlier, due to the US sub-prime mortgage meltdown and the global credit crisis.

Just last week the bank denied it was facing funding problems.

It is the first loss for the Wall Street bank since being spun off from American Express in 1994.

The move comes after Lehman Brothers raised $4bn in April by selling shares to quell investor concerns that it needed more capital.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1057 on: June 09, 2008, 04:30:27 PM »

financial's are the foundation of our market. not until our banking crisis ends, will this market trend higher.

NT

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #1058 on: June 09, 2008, 05:22:30 PM »
Epic search through my posts for redemption.

Epic stupidity and diversion by you, I searched 1 posts before your epic diversion post.  Check the date/time sweety!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1059 on: June 09, 2008, 09:00:11 PM »
Epic stupidity and diversion by you, I searched 1 posts before your epic diversion post.  Check the date/time sweety!

You searched 1 posts?

Here we go again.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #1060 on: June 09, 2008, 09:16:25 PM »
You searched 1 posts?

Here we go again.

Yes. Somehow one is Plural..... ;D

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #1061 on: June 09, 2008, 10:45:05 PM »

Yes. Somehow one is Plural..... ;D

You searched 1 posts?

Here we go again.

Epic diversion, can't blame ya, seems to me that the cowardice left is rotting this place from the core, that will change in the next 12 months while I am here.

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #1062 on: June 09, 2008, 10:48:49 PM »
You searched 1 posts?

Here we go again.

Jackass

They are pressuring Iran to abandon its nuclear programme, rejecting claims it is solely for peaceful purposes.

Try "program"   :-*

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1063 on: June 09, 2008, 10:55:54 PM »
Jackass

Try "program"   :-*

What does someone else's article, hence, their spelling "mistake" have to do with me?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1064 on: June 09, 2008, 11:05:00 PM »
Epic diversion, can't blame ya, seems to me that the cowardice left is rotting this place from the core, that will change in the next 12 months while I am here.

As long as you use the right words in your attempt at conquering the board.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1065 on: June 10, 2008, 11:30:06 AM »
Oil imports increase US trade gap 

The rising cost of importing foreign oil caused the US trade deficit to widen in April to $60.9bn, the biggest for 13 months.

Despite healthy export growth, the difference between US imports and exports jumped 7.8% in April.

Crude oil imports alone increased $4.3bn to $29.3bn over the month, reflecting higher prices for fuel on world markets.

The increase wiped out the gains from strong US exports, which grew 3.3%.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1066 on: June 10, 2008, 11:41:28 AM »
BD, i couldn't agree more.

the weak greenback may increase exports but never enough to offset the weak u.s. consumer.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1067 on: June 10, 2008, 04:16:30 PM »

Most U.S. Stocks Drop for 3rd Day, Led by Oil, Metals Producers

June 10 (Bloomberg) -- Most U.S. stocks declined for a third day, led by raw-materials and energy producers, as the prospect of higher interest rates drove down oil and metals and the International Energy Agency lowered its forecast for fuel demand.

NT

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1068 on: June 11, 2008, 10:42:15 AM »
Corn prices have hit new highs after the US Department of Agriculture forecast that output would fall because of poor weather.

Corn hit a record price of $6.672 a bushel for July delivery on the Chicago Board of Trade after the government cut its forecasts for the 2008 yield by 3%.

Crops have been hard hit by wet weather and flooding in the US.

To exacerbate the problem, demand for corn for both food and fuel has been increasing worldwide.

Joe Victor, an analyst with Allendale said: "The biggest surprise is how aggressive the US Department of Agriculture was in dropping yield."

The government also reduced its forecast for corn supplies running to 31 August 2009 to its lowest in more than a decade, at 673 million bushels or three weeks' worth of supply.

As well as bad weather, growing demand for corn worldwide to feed animals and make biofuels has pushed up prices.

As oil prices rise, using corn in biofuels as an alternative to fossil fuels becomes more attractive, and this has helped to raise the price of corn from about $4 a bushel a year ago to its current record levels

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1069 on: June 11, 2008, 01:12:02 PM »
Fed: Economy 'generally weak'
The Fed's Beige Book report reveals low economic activity and sky-high prices for food and energy.

June 11, 2008:
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The economy remained "generally weak" heading into summer as rising costs for energy and food pounded consumers and forced some companies to push their own prices higher.

The Fed's new snapshot of business conditions, released Wednesday in Washington, underscored two big sore spots for the country: listless economic activity coupled with high energy and food prices. Those rising prices carry the risk of both spreading inflation and putting another drag on overall economic growth.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1070 on: June 11, 2008, 01:18:44 PM »
Dow tumbles 205 points on oil surge
Wall Street slumps as crude prices rally more than $5 a barrel, the dollar falls.

June 11, 2008
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Stocks tanked Wednesday afternoon as investors eyed a $5 spike in oil prices, more problems for the bank sector and a report showing continued economic weakness.

NT

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1071 on: June 11, 2008, 02:13:50 PM »
Dow tumbles 205 points on oil surge
Wall Street slumps as crude prices rally more than $5 a barrel, the dollar falls.

June 11, 2008
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Stocks tanked Wednesday afternoon as investors eyed a $5 spike in oil prices, more problems for the bank sector and a report showing continued economic weakness.

NT

Now this is what I like to see.. I hope that DOW goes to 8,000

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1072 on: June 11, 2008, 02:23:37 PM »
Now this is what I like to see.. I hope that DOW goes to 8,000

lol

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1073 on: June 11, 2008, 04:28:37 PM »
Dow 11,700 will be retested sooner, rather than later.

financial's continue to drag on the market along with soaring commodities.

IMO, buying this market would border on insanity.

NT

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #1074 on: June 11, 2008, 04:54:57 PM »
You are so clueless...buying what?

There are many stocks that will do well this year, if you bothered to research instead of getting all your left wing information from Media Matters.