Author Topic: Dow Crash Coming To Your 401K (2007 to 2022)  (Read 462223 times)

chafed_nut_sack420

• Getbig IV
Re: Dow crash coming to your 401k..........
« Reply #1200 on: July 15, 2008, 06:25:37 PM »
With the exception of this thread and a small handful of others, it seems most people are content with discussing drawings of Obama and talking about Cindy McCain and ignoring the seriousness of our situation. Nobody seems to notice, nobody seems to care, the willfully ignorant, allowing  the douchbags at the top to get away with anything they want without even so much as a peep coming from any of the brainiacs on this board. Sad, really.

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1201 on: July 15, 2008, 08:50:32 PM »
With the exception of this thread and a small handful of others, it seems most people are content with discussing drawings of Obama and talking about Cindy McCain and ignoring the seriousness of our situation. Nobody seems to notice, nobody seems to care, the willfully ignorant, allowing  the douchbags at the top to get away with anything they want without even so much as a peep coming from any of the brainiacs on this board. Sad, really.

Speak for yourself.  I marched on the nation's capital on Saturday.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #1202 on: July 15, 2008, 08:54:24 PM »

I signed up to work for McCain.

And stared down a driver that had an Obama bumpersticker, I rode the ass of another one that evening.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #1203 on: July 15, 2008, 09:44:10 PM »
I signed up to work for McCain.

And stared down a driver that had an Obama bumpersticker, I rode the ass of another one that evening.

McShitstain supporter?  I got a Ron Paul sticker on my truck sittin on 35's I'd love for a joker like you to try that shit with me.  Your ass would wind up in a ditch or eating my ARB bumper.   

chafed_nut_sack420

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1204 on: July 15, 2008, 10:05:36 PM »

?

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1205 on: July 18, 2008, 04:04:00 AM »
after dropping to institutional support @ Dow 12,800, the shorts began to cover and take profits.

net result: Dow up nearly 500 points in two days.

NT

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #1206 on: July 18, 2008, 04:13:30 AM »
That's fucking bullshit.  We talk about all the other shit too.  You can't just show up here and all of a sudden be an expert on what the forum is.  Do a search and see how much we talk about Iraq and the economy and other issues.  We do.  Now you can rag on us when all we do is talk about some distraction for way to long, but infact you'll see even I have bitched when the media drags us down a distraction for to long.  We've talked Iraq and economy until we're blue in the face.  The New Yorker thing was worth posting.  If we didn't have other subjects here to talk about along with the major issues, I fucking guarantee nobody would be posting here very much.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1207 on: July 18, 2008, 05:14:17 AM »
this helped the recent short cover rally.

SEC Moves to Curb Short-Selling

The Securities and Exchange Commission took unprecedented action against short sellers. Acting on a widespread concern that negative bets against bank and brokerage stocks might be exacerbating the financial sector's woes. In a dramatic emergency order, the SEC said it would immediately move to curb improper short selling in the stocks of struggling mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, as well as those of 17 financial firms, including Goldman Sachs Group Inc., Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc., Morgan Stanley and Merrill Lynch & Co.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1208 on: July 18, 2008, 05:30:09 AM »
this helped the recent short cover rally.

SEC Moves to Curb Short-Selling

The Securities and Exchange Commission took unprecedented action against short sellers. Acting on a widespread concern that negative bets against bank and brokerage stocks might be exacerbating the financial sector's woes. In a dramatic emergency order, the SEC said it would immediately move to curb improper short selling in the stocks of struggling mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, as well as those of 17 financial firms, including Goldman Sachs Group Inc., Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc., Morgan Stanley and Merrill Lynch & Co.

as i've stated numerous times, the financials/banks control the markets direction. by curbing short sellers in financial stocks, the SEC/PPT forced financial short players to cover the last two days, resulting in a huge short cover rally.

without the financials, this market goes nowhere... but lower.

the SEC/PPT manipulated the short selling rules to push the financials higher......which moved the overall market higher.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1209 on: July 18, 2008, 05:46:53 AM »
if the SEC/PPT now controls short selling of the financials, and the financials control the markets direction........ guess who's in control now ?

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1210 on: July 21, 2008, 04:32:54 AM »
guys, last week as the Dow hit institutional support @ 10,800; the Fed announced an investigation into oil speculation trading along with an unprecedented move in curbing short sellers in financial/banking stocks. the above actions resulted in traders covering their financial/banking short positions as well as oil dropping like a rock. net result: Dow up 550 points in 3 days.

market psychology is now completely altered by the above Fed actions. remember, financials ALWAYS lead the market higher, and if short sellers avoid the financials.....we head higher no matter how bad the economy is.

IF the market can hold 10,800 going into the election, i'd expect that to be our base to work off of.

NT

Paulson Braces Public for Tough Times

AP (July 20) - Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson sought to reassure an anxious public Sunday that the banking system is sound, while also bracing people for more troubled times ahead."I think it's going to be months that we're working our way through this period — clearly months," he said.

Paulson said the number of troubled banks will increase as they struggle to cope with big losses on bad mortgages. The government this month took over IndyMac after a run led it to become the largest regulated thrift to fail.
"Of course the list is going to grow longer given the stresses we have in the marketplace, given the housing correction. But again, it's a safe banking system, a sound banking system. Our regulators are on top of it. This is a very manageable situation," he said in broadcast interviews.

"We're going through a challenging time with our economy. This is a tough time. The three big issues we're facing right now are, first, the housing correction which is at the heart of the slowdown; secondly, turmoil of the capital markets; and thirdly, the high oil prices, which are going to prolong the slowdown," he said.

Paulson acknowledged the U.S. is continuing to lose jobs, though he said the $168 billion economic relief plan approved this year has created jobs that would not otherwise exist. The plan included tax rebates for people and tax breaks for businesses.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1211 on: July 28, 2008, 04:35:33 AM »
guys, right now the stock market is in "No Man's Land". last week we expereinced a nice short cover rally @ 10,800. which was expected, we followed that up with a 300 point selloff. 

currently our market lacks earnings, institutional buyers, conviction and direction.

i'd expect to test Dow 10,800 (market support) again in the near future.

NT 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #1212 on: July 28, 2008, 04:52:22 AM »
Neuro, quick moment to thank you.  You put a lot of time in on this thread and give your honest opinion on the market.  I for one appreciate it. thank you!

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #1213 on: July 28, 2008, 08:41:36 AM »
McShitstain supporter?  I got a Ron Paul sticker on my truck sittin on 35's I'd love for a joker like you to try that shit with me.  Your ass would wind up in a ditch or eating my ARB bumper.   

haha yeah sure big guy

wow 35s  ::)

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1214 on: July 28, 2008, 03:16:40 PM »
guys, right now the stock market is in "No Man's Land". last week we expereinced a nice short cover rally @ 10,800. which was expected, we followed that up with a 300 point selloff. 

currently our market lacks earnings, institutional buyers, conviction and direction.

i'd expect to test Dow 10,800 (market support) again in the near future.

NT 

July 28 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. stocks fell and the Dow Jones Industrial Average lost more than 200 points for the second time in three days after the International Monetary Fund said there is no end in sight to the housing slump.

Merrill Lynch & Co., American International Group Inc. and Fannie Mae led financial shares to a third straight drop as the IMF warned that worsening credit conditions may prolong the economic slowdown. Verizon Communications Inc., the second- largest U.S. phone company, slid to an almost two-year low on a bigger-than-estimated decrease in home-phone lines. Tyson Foods Inc., the second-largest U.S. chicken producer, tumbled the most in six weeks after profit sank 92 percent on higher feed costs.

The Standard & Poor's 500 Index retreated 23.39 points, or 1.9 percent, to 1,234.37, its lowest level since reaching an almost three-year low on July 15. The Dow lost 239.61, or 2.1 percent, to 11,131.08. The Nasdaq Composite Index slipped 46.31, or 2 percent, to 2,264.22. Four stocks fell for each that rose on the New York Stock Exchange.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1215 on: July 28, 2008, 03:22:06 PM »
Neuro, quick moment to thank you.  You put a lot of time in on this thread and give your honest opinion on the market.  I for one appreciate it. thank you!

you're welcome HC.  :D

NT

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #1216 on: July 28, 2008, 09:48:24 PM »
I love the market!!!!  Educate yourselves and make some money like the rest of us.  Down markets make for some great profits!

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #1217 on: July 29, 2008, 10:41:54 PM »

July 28 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. stocks fell and the Dow Jones Industrial Average lost more than 200 points for the second time in three days after the International Monetary Fund said there is no end in sight to the housing slump.

Merrill Lynch & Co., American International Group Inc. and Fannie Mae led financial shares to a third straight drop as the IMF warned that worsening credit conditions may prolong the economic slowdown. Verizon Communications Inc., the second- largest U.S. phone company, slid to an almost two-year low on a bigger-than-estimated decrease in home-phone lines. Tyson Foods Inc., the second-largest U.S. chicken producer, tumbled the most in six weeks after profit sank 92 percent on higher feed costs.

The Standard & Poor's 500 Index retreated 23.39 points, or 1.9 percent, to 1,234.37, its lowest level since reaching an almost three-year low on July 15. The Dow lost 239.61, or 2.1 percent, to 11,131.08. The Nasdaq Composite Index slipped 46.31, or 2 percent, to 2,264.22. Four stocks fell for each that rose on the New York Stock Exchange.

Seems like sombody didn't post the Market Change for the 29th of July.  I wonder why?

Lets see:

Dow 11,397.56 +266.48 +2.39%

Nasdaq 2,319.62 +55.40 +2.45%

S&P 500 1,263.19 +28.82 +2.33%

But this wouldn't fit Nuerotoxin's agenda would it?  Don't worry NT just post the bad things and convince yourself the world is ending, i assure you there will be many more days of fluctuation that you can pervert your views of the market on.

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1218 on: July 30, 2008, 04:03:35 AM »
Seems like sombody didn't post the Market Change for the 29th of July.  I wonder why?

Lets see:

Dow 11,397.56 +266.48 +2.39%

Nasdaq 2,319.62 +55.40 +2.45%

S&P 500 1,263.19 +28.82 +2.33%

But this wouldn't fit Nuerotoxin's agenda would it?  Don't worry NT just post the bad things and convince yourself the world is ending, i assure you there will be many more days of fluctuation that you can pervert your views of the market on.

guys, as i've mentioned before, bear markets are filled with short cover rallies. that's not unusual. in fact, the most violent market swings occur in WEAK markets. Monday, market down 230 points. Tuesday, market up 270 points. ho hum.

don't get too excited guys, since Dow 14,200 we've experienced short cover rallies too numerous to count.

BTW, i've noticed the Gbers who ignored my early advice to exit the market last Nov. tend to be a bit angry with me. maybe they should look in the mirror.

NT

Neurotoxin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1219 on: July 30, 2008, 05:05:03 AM »

guys, last week as the Dow hit institutional support @ 10,800; the Fed announced an investigation into oil speculation trading along with an unprecedented move in curbing short sellers in financial/banking stocks. the above actions resulted in traders covering their financial/banking short positions as well as oil dropping like a rock. net result: Dow up 550 points in 3 days.

market psychology is now completely altered by the above Fed actions. remember, financials ALWAYS lead the market higher, and if short sellers avoid the financials.....we head higher no matter how bad the economy is.

IF the market can hold 10,800 going into the election, i'd expect that to be our base to work off of.

NT

guys, Dow 10,800 or S+P 1,200 are important institutional market support levels. as i've stated before, IF we can hold these levels going into the Nov election, it would be a positive for the market and long term buyers.

the financial/bank stocks will ultimately determine when the time is right to enter long again.

i'll keep you posted.

NT   

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #1220 on: July 30, 2008, 08:52:20 AM »
Here are some top performing Mutual Funds.  Nuerotoxin doesn't want you to see this, she is only concerned with telling you the world is ending and how bad the stock market is.  Predicting doom and gloom when markets are tough doesn't mean to get out like NT wants you to believe, it means get smarter.  As we all know past performance is no indications of future results, here is a little reality check:

Top Performers - 3 Month

Profunds UltraSector Mobile Telecomm Inv WCPIX 50.17%

Profunds UltraSector Mobile Telecomm Svc WCPSX 49.63%

BlackRock Global Resources Instl SGLSX 45.60%

BlackRock Global Resources Inv A SSGRX 45.48%

BlackRock Global Resources Inv C SSGDX 45.25%

BlackRock Global Resources Inv B SSGPX 45.22%

ProFunds Oil Eqpmt Svc & Distr Inv OEPIX 43.18%

ProFunds Oil Eqpmt Svc & Distr Svc OEPSX 42.78%

Fidelity Select Energy Service FSESX 31.35%

Oppenheimer Commodity Strat Total Ret Y QRAYX 30.98%

Top Performers - 1 Year

Oppenheimer Commodity Strat Total Ret Y QRAYX 74.63%

Oppenheimer Commodity Strat Total Ret A QRAAX 73.91%

Rydex Commodities Strategy A RYMEX 73.55%

Rydex Commodities Strategy H RYMBX 73.54%

Oppenheimer Commodity Strat Total Ret N QRANX 73.28%

Oppenheimer Commodity Strat Total Ret C QRACX 72.50%

Goldman Sachs Commodity Strategy Instl GCCIX 72.49%

Rydex Commodities Strategy C RYMJX 72.23%

Oppenheimer Commodity Strat Total Ret B QRABX 72.23%

Goldman Sachs Commodity Strategy A GSCAX 71.24%

For more info. click the link below:

http://biz.yahoo.com/p/tops/all.html

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #1221 on: July 30, 2008, 08:59:49 AM »
Here are some top STOCK performers, too bad it's all doom and gloom for Nuerotoxin. 

Remember investors, there are always great opportunities in tough market conditions. 

The weak never survive when all they look for is an excuse to fail because eventually they find that excuse.

Click the link Below:

http://www2.barchart.com/sectors.asp?level=2&sort=8&title=Top+100+Stocks&sec=top%7e100%7estocks%2esec

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #1222 on: July 30, 2008, 02:57:37 PM »

are you implying my information and opinion have been wrong since Nov. ? if so, point out where.

are you mad i've been correct ?

does that depress you tp ?

would you prefer i only say "happy things" to move the market higher ? i can post just like jim cramer calls the market on TV, but would that be truthful ? i think not.

this thread is about TELLING THE FUCKING TRUTH. if that bothers you tp, read something else.

all day... guys like you run errands for me.  :-*

NT

BTW, i would NEVER buy anything you listed above. the party/move is OVER in most those sectors.  ;)

Nice reply, did I strike a nerve? 

I am hear to counter your consistent "dooms day" posts.  A monkey predicted a downswing in our economy in October, where does that leave you?

Of course you wouldn't move into any of those stocks but if you had a few months or even a year ago you would be happier. 

The problem with you is simple, you are unhappy, underachieving, or plain pessimistic (not realistic because you choose only to mention the bad) I say this because it is evident in your posts.  For example "guys like you run errands for me.  :-*" a typical comment from a person who feels inferior.

The truth is not how you present it ONE SIDE of our economy but the economy as a whole and many companies are doing very well as are many investors smarter than you.  I see that there are tough times ahead for our economy, but the difference between you and I comes to this:  You are invested in a bad economy, your word, your opinion, and your credibility depend on it now.  I am invested in the many opportunities that you fail to acknowledge even exist in our economy and the global economy. 

God bless the man running your errands because you sound like an A-hole but I am sure he (like me) sees it as an opportunity to be employed maybe even advance and prosper.  You obviously don't see it that way because you sit too high on your self made pedestal.  Shame on you!!!

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #1223 on: July 30, 2008, 07:17:08 PM »
Amazing no Neurotoxin and another wonderful day on Wall Street...I am sensing a trend here.  Oh wait, that's right bear markets have cover rallies, lmao. 

Dow 11,583.69 +186.13 +1.63%

Nasdaq 2,329.72 +10.10 +0.44%

S&P 500 1,284.26 +21.07 +1.67%

10 Yr Bond(%) 4.0480% +0.0040

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
« Reply #1224 on: July 30, 2008, 07:38:24 PM »
An imposter has been unfolded.

Good job TerminalPower.

Ya know? 

I understand the market and economy are suffering in many sectors but how does that translate to all the "doom & gloom" NT presents?  Nothing is stopping any American Investor from looking at energy, commodities, banking plus GLOBAL opportunities in emerging markets.  You with me?  C'mon, NT wants to present only one side and is doing a disservice to Getbiggers.