Author Topic: After Yesterday`s "No One" Machine Workout...  (Read 78929 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: After Yesterday`s "No One" Machine Workout...
« Reply #350 on: October 17, 2014, 07:25:41 PM »
What is all this nonsense about mind-muscle? The body is a single machine. The brain controls everything including growth. The brain and the muscle are one. So the trick is to stimulate growth. I can tell you that the requirements for continuous hypertrophy are not for the faint hearted. There has to be a good reason for a large muscle to hypertrophy more. Simply doing more frequency is not the answer but is part of the equation. What is required is a progressively more difficult program and effort. This is where most fall away and are stuck on plateaus.

Ask yourself this: do your muscles have a good reason to grow? There is only one true theory of hypertrophy. It isn't guesswork. It has nothing to do with folklore or beliefs. The methods have been worked out by many huge bodybuilders over the decades. The scientists do not know because they have no interest in the subject so no experiments have been done on champion bodybuilders. To make matters worse, drugs have entered the scene and to tell the truth hardly anyone knows what is responsible for their huge size. Was it the drugs, the training or both? If we eliminate the drugs then we have a chance of finding what really causes hypertrophy. That is what I am interested in. Most Getbiggers literally do not believe that training makes a difference. They believe you need drugs to get huge, but you also need good genetics. Well, tell that to Larry Scott. He didn't have good genetics except perhaps long muscle bellies. The guy invented ways to keep growing. His protocols are painful, extreme, but effective. If you don't grow doing what Larry did then perhaps you should take up table tennis or surfing the internet.

I can tell you that after a few workouts that left my biceps sore I am almost avoiding training them again. Why? Because it is extremely hard work and very painful. If this is what you have to progressively do then it is not something most would continue doing.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #351 on: October 17, 2014, 07:48:10 PM »
I want to address a couple of things mentioned by no one. First of all, if hypertrophy is your goal there is absolutely no way you can train all body parts every two days. Definitely not every day. No way and still grow.

Second, suppose you decide to train just your arms using the no one frequency. After 9 weeks you would be training them daily. I can tell you this is a big ask. After 9 or 12 weeks it will be difficult if not nearly impossible

to sustain the effort needed to keep the arms growing. I doubt there are very many human beings that motivated to keep the effort progressive. What we find is the body adapts alright but further growth in the arms is

unlikely unless severe and difficult protocols are followed using the most effective exercises. We can forget about watching the videos of the steroid champions because their choice of exercises and their form is not optimal.

You need just one effective exercise for biceps and one effective exercise for triceps. Doing other things is mostly a waste of time. The brain doesn't know what the muscle is doing. The brain makes a muscle grow if the

right conditions are there. Waste products accumulated from severe, prolonged tension.

Third, there is no possible way to do a set to the max and then repeat using the same weight. No way. Not possible. I superset biceps and triceps but after the first set the reps are less and after the third set the reps drop again.

If I rest for a couple of minutes then I can do another three sets with more reps.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #352 on: October 17, 2014, 07:53:51 PM »

so Vince you DONT follow the routine EXACTLY as I have outlined, jumped right into training your arms every  two days after I have REPEATEDLY said to follow the routine EXACTLY and warned about this very thing and are now so sore you have determined that to train the way I suggest is 'impossible'.

thank you for further highlighting to everyone the importance of adaptation in my routine, which is the entirety of what it is based on- the body being given time to adapt to increasing stress until it is capable of performing 7x the workload you currently train with.

everyone please learn from Vince's mistake. the whole routine and the results from it are based totally on adaptation which you just skipped altogether.

thank you for posting this.  
b

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #353 on: October 17, 2014, 07:55:58 PM »
so Vince you DONT follow the routine exactly as I have outlined, jumped right into training your arms evetyaimmtnu two days after I have REPEATED said to follow the routine exactly and warned about this very thing and are now so sore you have determined that to train the way I suggest is 'impossible'.

thank you for further highlighting to everyone the importance of adaptation in my routine, which is the entirety of what it is based on- the body being given time to adapt to increasing stress until it is capable of performing 7x the workload you currently train with.

everyone please learn from Vince's mistake.

thank you for posting this. 

I am interested in immediate, continuous hypertrophy. Your method doesn't generate what I am after. Sorry, not possible with your protocols. If you were in Sydney I could prove it to you.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #354 on: October 17, 2014, 08:02:03 PM »
I am interested in immediate, continuous hypertrophy. Your method doesn't generate what I am after. Sorry, not possible with your protocols. If you were in Sydney I could prove it to you.

there is no such thing as 'immediate hypertrophy' vince. if there was every one in every gym around the world would be jacked and huge. it takes time to create the environment for growth. the body needs to adapt as your injury has pointed out. adaptation is not immediate. it is a means of survival under prolonged periods of stress. typically the organism changes or strengthen to meet these demands. it's simple biology. I guess that at the laws of biological adaptation that have existed for millenias apply globally except in your gym in Australia.

the body needs time to adapt to the workloads. inside of that adaptation comes the ability to repair rapidly in order to perform more work the next day. that is where one experiences growth vince - frequency + stress + repair = growth.

you decided to NOT to listen to what I said, skipped the repair aspect of the equation which is necessary for growth and are now left scratching your head wondering why it didn't work. lol unreal.

all you have 'proven' is your inability to follow a simple routine to fruition.
b

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #355 on: October 17, 2014, 08:09:06 PM »
there is no such thing as 'immediate hypertrophy' vince. if there was every one in every gym around the world would be jacked and huge. it takes time to create the environment for growth. the body needs to adapt as your injury has pointed out. adaptation is not immediate. it is a means of survival under prolonged periods of stress. typically the organism changes or strengthen to meet these demands. it's simple biology. I guess that at the laws of biological adaptation that have existed for millenias apply globally expect in your gym in Australia.

the body needs time to adapt to the workloads. inside of that adaptation comes the ability to repair rapidly in order to perform more work the next day. that is where one experiences growth vince - frequency + stress + repair = growth.

you decided to NOT to listen to what I said, skipped the repair aspect of the equation which is necessary for growth and are now left scratching your head wondering why it didn't work. lol unreal.

x2

Vince, aren't you 60-something? "Immediate continuous hypertrophy" isn't really possible for someone your age, probably not even with aggressive HRT.

No one, check your PMs, bro.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #356 on: October 17, 2014, 08:12:20 PM »
x2

Vince, aren't you 60-something? "Immediate continuous hypertrophy" isn't really possible for someone your age, probably not even with aggressive HRT.

just did.

this man ^ is a GB legend. good to have you back sir.

b

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #357 on: October 17, 2014, 08:14:18 PM »
there is no such thing as 'immediate hypertrophy' vince. if there was every one in every gym around the world would be jacked and huge. it takes time to create the environment for growth. the body needs to adapt as your injury has pointed out. adaptation is not immediate. it is a means of survival under prolonged periods of stress. typically the organism changes or strengthen to meet these demands. it's simple biology. I guess that at the laws of biological adaptation that have existed for millenias apply globally expect in your gym in Australia.

Says who? Of course it is possible to make a muscle keep growing. It is just very difficult to do so most either don't work hard enough or they do the wrong exercises or both.

I am interested in your frequency idea. Previously, because of injuries, I concluded that connective tissue needs time to repair. However, I knew the muscles did not. They keep growing.

So when my joints are sore I go back and do another workout. I always warm up with high maximum sets progressing to my training sets that I can do for about 20 reps. I always try to

add weight over the weeks. Without adding resistance I doubt much growth will occur. The muscles respond to perceived load increases not absolute increases so these can be gradual.

In my system the goal is to generate severe DOMS in the target muscles. That is the only way to know the muscle is going to grow. Then I try to keep the muscle sore. Now, I have

speculated on daily training but have yet to do it. I even wondered how the arms would respond if I trained them daily all day! Not that is being really crazy. I guessed that very rapid

hypertrophy would occur.

The no one system is more or less untested. I would be happy to have both the DOMS method and the no one method tested scientifically. That isn't going to happen.

So here is what I propose. You continue using your system and see if you can get your arms bigger. I will use my system and do the same thing. Report any significant results here on

Getbig.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #358 on: October 17, 2014, 08:16:03 PM »
x2

Says who?  I am 72 and I see no reason why I can't keep my arms growing. I don't need any HRT, drugs or supplements either. Time will tell.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #359 on: October 17, 2014, 08:22:17 PM »
Says who?  I am 72 and I see no reason why I can't keep my arms growing. I don't need any HRT, drugs or supplements either. Time will tell.
just arms????

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #360 on: October 17, 2014, 08:30:37 PM »
just arms????

Yes, that is all I have the energy to train at the moment. I do some climbing in the hills to take photos and that serves as leg workouts.

I want to test my theory and since I am the only person who believes the DOMS theory I have to test it on myself.

My biceps-supinator machine is great. This is the first time I have used it consistently since I first built it in 2001. I have modified the machine

several times and it now works both simply and effectively. Last week was the first time I can remember my biceps being sore the next few

days after a severe workout. I can tell you those workouts are brutal and it takes a lot of motivation to do them. I use a modified Nautilus triceps

machine for triceps. It is also effective and safer than most triceps exercises because of the hand position which is vertical.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #361 on: October 17, 2014, 08:31:23 PM »
Says who? Of course it is possible to make a muscle keep growing. It is just very difficult to do so most either don't work hard enough or they do the wrong exercises or both.

I am interested in your frequency idea. Previously, because of injuries, I concluded that connective tissue needs time to repair. However, I knew the muscles did not. They keep growing.

So when my joints are sore I go back and do another workout. I always warm up with high maximum sets progressing to my training sets that I can do for about 20 reps. I always try to

add weight over the weeks. Without adding resistance I doubt much growth will occur. The muscles respond to perceived increases not absolute increases so these can be gradual.

In my system the goal is to generate severe DOMS in the target muscles. That is the only way to know the muscle is going to grow. Then I try to keep the muscle sore. Now, I have

speculated on daily training but have yet to do it. I even wondered how the arms would respond if I trained them daily all day! Not that is being really crazy. I guessed that very rapid

hypertrophy would occur.

The no one system is more or less untested. I would be happy to have both the DOMS method and the no one method tested scientifically. That isn't going to happen.

So here is what I propose. You continue using your system and see if you can get your arms bigger. I will use my system and do the same thing. Report any significant results here on

Getbig.

this is more like it.

I started the system again last week. I dropped down to 2 full body workouts a week to focus more on cycling.

I will post my pics in 6 weeks. maybe sooner since my body is acclimating rapidly to the increase in workloads already. the compression phase I'm adapted to. so ya 6 weeks or so before I get back to where I ended before I posted this. we can then compare those pics to the last ones I posted here from last summer where I feel I was in my best ever shape and conditioning.  

to further strengthen the ability of the system to create the environment I claim it will I will be doing it in a severe calorie deficit. apparently this is not ideal for 'growth' they say which will only strengthen my claims as to the efficacy of the system.

i have already proven my original stance- the body can adapt to any environment you create for it. i was training 10x a week at the apex of it. I created a highly functioning machine. that's what I set out to do and that's what I did.

the 'cosmetic' part ie creating tissue / density is an added bonus that I'll be happy to prove.

just for you vince.
b

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #362 on: October 17, 2014, 08:38:42 PM »
this is more like it.

I started the system again last week. I dropped down to 2 full body workouts a week to focus more on cycling.

I will post my pics in 6 weeks. maybe sooner since my body is acclimating rapidly to the increase in workloads already. the compression phase I'm adapted to. so ya 6 weeks or so before I get back to where I ended before I posted this. we can then compare those pics to the last ones I posted here from last summer where I feel I was in my best ever shape and conditioning.  

to further strengthen the ability of the system to create the environment I claim it will I will be doing it in a severe calorie deficit. apparently this is not ideal for 'growth' they say which will only strengthen my claims as to the efficacy of the system.

i have already proven my original stance- the body can adapt to any environment you create for it. i was training 10x a week at the apex of it. I created a highly functioning machine. that's what I set out to do and that's what I did.

the 'cosmetic' part ie creating tissue / density is an added bonus that I'll be happy to prove.

just for you vince.

Good, you have a deal. I will keep to my regular nutrition program or lack of one. Bachelors don't eat the best meals but I can add muscle with the minimum amount of protein. I believe you need both a positive energy and protein balance to grow muscle. It might not be much but it still has to be positive.

The photo here was taken a week or so ago. How about posting a photo of what you look like now? That is only fair. I was pumped up after a severe arm workout in the photo.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #363 on: October 17, 2014, 09:38:47 PM »
The photo here was taken a week or so ago. How about posting a photo of what you look like now? That is only fair. I was pumped up after a severe arm workout in the photo.

Vince, is this the best pose you could do to show off your arm development? Seems like a different angle would make your arm look more muscular. This one mainly makes you upper arm look fat. It is hard to see the muscles.

I have no doubt your a maniac in the gym and that you are strong. I just think for someone that previously competed, you should be able to show yourself to better advantage.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #364 on: October 17, 2014, 10:49:49 PM »
Next week I am at the full body routines.  I have to say, so far I have stayed pumped the entire time after still.  My shirts seem to fit just a bit tighter and I am noticing I am leaning up way faster than usual.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #365 on: October 18, 2014, 12:20:04 AM »
Good, you have a deal. I will keep to my regular nutrition program or lack of one. Bachelors don't eat the best meals but I can add muscle with the minimum amount of protein. I believe you need both a positive energy and protein balance to grow muscle. It might not be much but it still has to be positive.

Thats not a muscular arm.

its an old man fat arm.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #366 on: October 18, 2014, 01:13:09 AM »
Thats not a muscular arm.

its an old man fat arm.

This fat arm and my grip of steel could easily break an arm or even rip ribs out! I don't take kindly to being disrespected on the Internet you know so watch what you say!

Those who scoff at my doing only arms obviously haven't tried it. If you did you would know that all the adjoining muscles grow a little as well.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #367 on: October 18, 2014, 01:13:59 AM »
This fat arm and my grip of steel could easily break an arm or even rip ribs out! I don't take kindly to being disrespected on the Internet you know so watch what you say!

Those who scoff at my doing only arms obviously haven't tried it. If you did you would know that all the adjoining muscles grow a little as well.

Fuck off.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #368 on: October 18, 2014, 01:16:23 AM »
Vince, is this the best pose you could do to show off your arm development? Seems like a different angle would make your arm look more muscular. This one mainly makes you upper arm look fat. It is hard to see the muscles.

I have no doubt your a maniac in the gym and that you are strong. I just think for someone that previously competed, you should be able to show yourself to better advantage.

I just pumped my arms over 1 3/8 inches in that photo. I will worry about definition later. I invite others to post how big their arms are.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #369 on: October 18, 2014, 01:57:23 AM »

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #370 on: October 18, 2014, 05:15:57 PM »
That is a huge arm.

Now, where are photos of no one and Adonis? Both are cutting up so this will be rather easy to surpass any gains those two will achieve!

I am grateful for the motivation to show 'em!

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #371 on: October 18, 2014, 06:05:27 PM »
x2

Legend has returned.

Welcome back!

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #372 on: October 18, 2014, 06:12:04 PM »

There are many reasons why your arms, and everybody's arm, can't keep growing. In your case, age is a major factor. You no longer produce in sufficient quantities the necessary hormones. You down play this but it's the same reason why women, and prepubescent men, can't get as big muscularly as men naturally.

Even the greatest of bodybuilders have never been able to maintain the muscular mass that they had in their prime let alone keep growing. You may say it's because they don't train as hard or as seriously. Maybe so. But I submit it's because they simply can't maintain that level of intensity as they get older. You are a prime example. You always quit or say you are injured. That's because you are old. You simply can't endure what it takes anymore. The lack of ability often goes hand in hand with the lack of desire.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #373 on: October 18, 2014, 06:23:52 PM »
That is a huge arm.

Now, where are photos of no one and Adonis? Both are cutting up so this will be rather easy to surpass any gains those two will achieve!

I am grateful for the motivation to show 'em!

i look fwd to seeing you at your best sir.
b

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #374 on: October 18, 2014, 06:30:07 PM »
There are many reasons why your arms, and everybody's arm, can't keep growing. In your case, age is a major factor. You no longer produce in sufficient quantities the necessary hormones. You down play this but it's the same reason why women, and prepubescent men, can't get as big muscularly as men naturally.

Even the greatest of bodybuilders have never been able to maintain the muscular mass that they had in their prime let alone keep growing. You may say it's because they don't train as hard or as seriously. Maybe so. But I submit it's because they simply can't maintain that level of intensity as they get older. You are a prime example. You always quit or say you are injured. That's because you are old. You simply can't endure what it takes anymore. The lack of ability often goes hand in hand with the lack of desire.
he wil gain  :P ???
A