Author Topic: After Yesterday`s "No One" Machine Workout...  (Read 78927 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: After Yesterday`s "No One" Machine Workout...
« Reply #425 on: October 25, 2014, 11:53:51 PM »
So it has nothing to do with getting in shape, it's just for science. Just arms, huh. No desire to fix the whole shebang?

How on earth is a sensible person supposed to discuss serious matters with The Ugly? Never mind what I am going to do. Just watch.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #426 on: October 25, 2014, 11:58:26 PM »
How on earth is a sensible person supposed to discuss serious matters with The Ugly? Never mind what I am going to do. Just watch.

You've gone on and on about hypertrophy, arm inches, and your flux-capacitor fueled biceps contraption; what exactly makes my question nonsensical, you condescending fuck? You'll be dead before your second session, Vince. There's nothing to watch except Sydney's obituary column.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #427 on: October 28, 2014, 11:41:48 PM »

ALL DRUGS.

I don't take kindly to being disrespected here or anywhere else! You haven't used my biceps machine so know zero about how it works the muscle better than any other biceps machine.

I religiously took two Dianabol tablets for a couple of years straight starting back in 1958.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #428 on: October 29, 2014, 12:34:24 AM »
"I religiously took two Dianabol tablets for a couple of years straight starting back in 1958."

Don't go fabricating lies about me. 12 years training before any Dianabol. Then only for a short while then off. Clean since 1975.

You have to understand that in those days only the foolhardy and desperate would take drugs. Broscience in those days said anabolics might cause cancer. The scientists even

claimed that steroids didn't work! The guys in California knew otherwise. Ditto the weightlifters in York and Russia.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #429 on: October 29, 2014, 12:50:23 AM »
"I religiously took two Dianabol tablets for a couple of years straight starting back in 1958."

Don't go fabricating lies about me. 12 years training before any Dianabol. Then only for a short while then off. Clean since 1975.

You have to understand that in those days only the foolhardy and desperate would take drugs. Broscience in those days said anabolics might cause cancer. The scientists even

claimed that steroids didn't work! The guys in California knew otherwise. Ditto the weightlifters in York and Russia.

and the drug addicts in canada apparently.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #430 on: December 24, 2014, 08:09:10 AM »
Ok, I stuck with it for a long time and will post what I think of it.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #431 on: December 24, 2014, 08:14:32 AM »
Ok, I stuck with it for a long time and will post what I think of it.

Excellent

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #432 on: December 24, 2014, 08:24:39 AM »
I enjoyed using this method overall.  Is it the magic bullet-no.  Is it a good routine-yes-if not done for too long a period of time.

First things first-I kept my calories 2400-2500 and never went over.  I was already 8-10 percent bodyfat when I started.

What I liked about the routine:
The length of time working out was short and fast
The initial pumps were awesome (faded fast as I adapted)
Great heart rate the whole time

What I did not like:
Pumps faded after a few weeks to not much pump
Burn out after a few weeks-I did not bother going to full body for 6-7 days.  Its way too much.
The routine becomes way too much and too time consuming and not worth it in my opinion.
Lack of weight progression and strength.  I saw no strength gains really and was stuck doing low weight to the point I was not feeling too much anymore.
Training became more of a burden than enjoyable.
Progress kind of stalled as a result.

Would I do the routine again-yes, but only in short bursts for 1-3 weeks.  I would not use this as a continuing routine.  

I did not see any more or less gains than other routines I have tried in the past and it worked about the same as any other despite being more demanding to a point.

When I did try to lift my normal weight, I found that I had trouble.  Perhaps I adapted to using light weights.  

Overall, it was a good experience.

I am now doing a German Volume routine and everything is back to normal weight wise and am feeling the pumps and soreness again!  Calories are still the same.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #433 on: December 24, 2014, 09:06:09 AM »
I had similar results, TA.

No different from any other program, though.  It feels great at first, then it's back to however you felt on your old routine.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #434 on: December 24, 2014, 09:11:36 AM »
I had similar results, TA.

No different from any other program, though.  It feels great at first, then it's back to however you felt on your old routine.
Yes!

I found it not to be worth it for an extended period of time.  1-3 weeks I would say max, just for a change.  Its certainly not sustainable unless you want to live in the gym.

jamesjenkinsfitness

• Getbig II
  • instagram @jamesjenkinsfitness
« Reply #435 on: December 24, 2014, 11:13:04 AM »
if you follow this routine but drop the reps, and raise the weights youll be pleasantly surprised. also your body will adapt and tolerate the higher weights with virtually no breaks.
i

jamesjenkinsfitness

• Getbig II
  • instagram @jamesjenkinsfitness
« Reply #436 on: December 24, 2014, 11:34:37 AM »
Good, you have a deal. I will keep to my regular nutrition program or lack of one. Bachelors don't eat the best meals but I can add muscle with the minimum amount of protein. I believe you need both a positive energy and protein balance to grow muscle. It might not be much but it still has to be positive.

The photo here was taken a week or so ago. How about posting a photo of what you look like now? That is only fair. I was pumped up after a severe arm workout in the photo.

respect the fact that you believe what you say. and try to back it up. most dont. my question is if you really beleive these things why not just compete in some drug free masters meets. wouldnt that prove you right, as opposed to arguing all day on the internet? just curious
i

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #437 on: December 24, 2014, 12:33:32 PM »
if you follow this routine but drop the reps, and raise the weights youll be pleasantly surprised. also your body will adapt and tolerate the higher weights with virtually no breaks.
I did do that.

Its just not for me in the long run.  Its not sustainable and I did not notice any strength gains or any other gains than using other methods.

dustin

« Reply #438 on: December 24, 2014, 08:29:06 PM »
I've still stuck with this routine. I found myself training already-trained body parts and just doing small pump exercises to get blood through everything while it was still sore. Never went beyond warm-up reps and just did a couple compound movements.

My workouts slowly evolved into full body workouts, which is something I would never picture an advanced lifter doing. But I'm still responding well. Each day I still have a "focus" muscle where I reserve most of my intensity. Instead of just pumping everything else up, I do fast sets (about 4-5) and a few exercises for each body part. Doing chest/back/shoulders/arms/legs, more or less. But sometimes I'll retrain (with lots of intensity) another body part which I had worked out just a couple of days before.

I'm finding that I'm still growing and still getting really conditioned. I'm able to train my body parts way more frequently and still get them sore. There is still a couple days of soreness, but I can lift through it without my strength being impeded. I had to cut my weights back a little bit, but the intensity is out of this world. Volume is very high and everything is very fast. There's no such thing as muscle wasting or anything from high volume - just glycogen depletion. I eat like a porker so I don't ever get too flat. I burn about 500 calories using the stepper each workout (mostly to pump my calves, get warmed up and to do actual CARDIO). Sometimes I burn a thousand calories. I used to think I would get flat, but I still get super pumped. I'm not running any supplements or anything. Just a little bit of test enth which I haven't run in years.

I don't think I'll change things up for a while because if I miss a few days at the gym, I can always bank on having just done a full body workout more or less. And if I know I only have one workout or two to make things count, I'll have a damn good workout and that'll be that. Little drunk right now. But I like no one's approach. I was able to meld it with what I was already sort of doing and it's going good for me.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #439 on: December 26, 2014, 09:53:16 AM »
Impressive, Dustin!  How much do you think you eat each day?

Still clean?