Author Topic: PITTSBURGH PENGUINS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2003 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
the look of a man that feels stupid, dejected, and completely OWNED!!!!! :D :D :D

karma is for real, there is justice in the world 8)

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
for my fellow bodybuilding fans :)

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
his body is quite functional for his chosen sport 8)

E
E

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

Their worst 50 minutes of hockey all season...unbelievable.

The WORST part about it is all the stupid radio people who are going to keep asking, "How much did last year's loss help you in terms of experience and motivation to come back and win this year?"

Ugh.

Detroit just laid an egg, period.  Congrats, Pittsburgh.

I knew Osgood would fail us eventually and when that shot went off the crossbar late in the game, well, it just wasn't meant to be.

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
is hockey like nba of the 40s or whatever?  what happens to the game when minorities flood it eventually?  does it become faster, more action filled and white guys skipping out on all the fight when some 6'4"230 brother puts up?  anyway...dont watch it so no comment on the winner.   
Oh...Monica!

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time

I knew Osgood would fail us eventually and when that shot went off the crossbar late in the game, well, it just wasn't meant to be.

It wasn't just one game, they were up 2-0 then the erosion happened in losing 4 out of 5. Reminds me of the Islanders losing to Edmonton for the first time, youth eventually trumped age and experience. This wasn't an accident, Penguins were very resilient in every series esp. to win in game 7s away from home means they're that much better than the opponent.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
is hockey like nba of the 40s or whatever?  what happens to the game when minorities flood it eventually?  does it become faster, more action filled and white guys skipping out on all the fight when some 6'4"230 brother puts up?  anyway...dont watch it so no comment on the winner.   

Black people can't ice skate and they hate the cold.

Hockey sucks anyway. The Cup finals are the only entertaining thing.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Black people can't ice skate and they hate the cold.

Thing is they love and are great with roller skating so it's mainly an emotional disinterest. As far as the cold, it's anything but when playing a game at high intensity but ya while growing up and practicing outside it's a turnoff to many of any race plus the weather's often not condusive to outdoor rinks.

They like basketball, another Canadian invented game instead. Just hits the spot.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Their worst 50 minutes of hockey all season...unbelievable.

The WORST part about it is all the stupid radio people who are going to keep asking, "How much did last year's loss help you in terms of experience and motivation to come back and win this year?"

Ugh.

osgood kept the wings in the series, he was the mvp

giving up 2 goals in a game is a very good game

E
E

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

He needed to hold them to 1 goal in Game 7 and he didn't get it done...hard to believe he left so much of the net open on that 2-on-1.  I'm thinking he's gotta force the Penguins player to make a much tougher shot to the near side. 

Meanwhile Fleury was beast.  A hot goaltender always gives his team a chance to win in the playoffs and holding that offense to one goal last night...that's what champions do.  I agreed with Melrose, I believe, who said, "Will beats skill".

The Penguins just flat out wanted it more and it showed.