Author Topic: I can't believe I'm quoting something from MSLSD  (Read 786 times)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
I can't believe I'm quoting something from MSLSD
« on: January 20, 2010, 06:33:51 AM »
Auletta: Obama Honeymoon Over, Lost Fox Battle
By: Jim Meyers
newsmax.com

Not only is the mainstream media’s honeymoon with Barack Obama over but also Obama lost his war against Fox News after a mean-spirited effort to shut the network up.

That’s the view of longtime media insider and uber-journalist Ken Auletta, who also declared Tuesday morning on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” that Obama’s attacks on Fox News and conservatives in the media was “Nixonian” and said the Obama team has long viewed the press as “jackals.”

Asked what Obama’s strategy was in attacking Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, and others in the media, Auletta said: "They actually think they were too slow off the draw to go after Glenn Beck and others on Fox News, and the push within the White House in late summer and fall was, we have to be more aggressive.
“That argument won out and ultimately what they did, they went after Fox, they went after some others in the press, and then they found out the press kind of joined in and said, 'Hey stop this. This is outrageous.' This is Nixonian actually was the argument that was made. And the White House has sort of backed off.”

Editor’s Note: Get Newsmax’s special report “Obama Hates Fox News” – the inside story revealed – Click Here Now.

Auletta writes in a new article for New Yorker magazine: “During the 2008 elections Obama was the object of near veneration, possessed of a persona and a campaign that were irresistibly compelling. . . What complaints the Obama campaign had about coverage it generally kept to itself. But now that the president has rolled out his ambitious initiatives. . . he bristles at the way he is treated in the media.”

Auletta was asked Tuesday morning to characterize the relationship now between White House and the mainstream media.

“Post-honeymoon,” he declared. “The honeymoon’s over.”

Host Joe Scarborough noted that, if Martha Coakley loses the special election in Massachusetts today, “it may be counseling time.”

Columnist and MSNBC commentator Mike Barnicle noted that Obama previously received “kid-glove treatment” from the press, and asked Auletta whether he senses “any tone of arrogance in the White House” to press coverage.

“I do,” Auletta responded.

“One of the things I found in my reporting is, below the surface, the Obama administration and its people were angry at the press all throughout the campaign, despite the press coverage they got, which was very favorable.

“In fact, in David Plouffe book, his former campaign manager, he describes their attitude as ‘the jackals.’ They referred to the press as 'the jackals'.”

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: I can't believe I'm quoting something from MSLSD
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 06:39:45 AM »
Auletta: Obama Honeymoon Over, Lost Fox Battle
By: Jim Meyers
newsmax.com

Not only is the mainstream media’s honeymoon with Barack Obama over but also Obama lost his war against Fox News after a mean-spirited effort to shut the network up.

That’s the view of longtime media insider and uber-journalist Ken Auletta, who also declared Tuesday morning on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” that Obama’s attacks on Fox News and conservatives in the media was “Nixonian” and said the Obama team has long viewed the press as “jackals.”

Asked what Obama’s strategy was in attacking Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, and others in the media, Auletta said: "They actually think they were too slow off the draw to go after Glenn Beck and others on Fox News, and the push within the White House in late summer and fall was, we have to be more aggressive.
“That argument won out and ultimately what they did, they went after Fox, they went after some others in the press, and then they found out the press kind of joined in and said, 'Hey stop this. This is outrageous.' This is Nixonian actually was the argument that was made. And the White House has sort of backed off.”

Editor’s Note: Get Newsmax’s special report “Obama Hates Fox News” – the inside story revealed – Click Here Now.

Auletta writes in a new article for New Yorker magazine: “During the 2008 elections Obama was the object of near veneration, possessed of a persona and a campaign that were irresistibly compelling. . . What complaints the Obama campaign had about coverage it generally kept to itself. But now that the president has rolled out his ambitious initiatives. . . he bristles at the way he is treated in the media.”

Auletta was asked Tuesday morning to characterize the relationship now between White House and the mainstream media.

“Post-honeymoon,” he declared. “The honeymoon’s over.”

Host Joe Scarborough noted that, if Martha Coakley loses the special election in Massachusetts today, “it may be counseling time.”

Columnist and MSNBC commentator Mike Barnicle noted that Obama previously received “kid-glove treatment” from the press, and asked Auletta whether he senses “any tone of arrogance in the White House” to press coverage.

“I do,” Auletta responded.

“One of the things I found in my reporting is, below the surface, the Obama administration and its people were angry at the press all throughout the campaign, despite the press coverage they got, which was very favorable.

“In fact, in David Plouffe book, his former campaign manager, he describes their attitude as ‘the jackals.’ They referred to the press as 'the jackals'.”

And, now with Sarah Palin on the ticket, the ratings may be even larger than they are now.

Heck, it ain't called "Fox" News for nothing!!!

;D

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 06:40:51 AM »
What people miss is this.Obama doesnt care.His agenda is the destruction of America and remaking it in his image.He doesnt care if hes a one term president as long as he can destroy as much of the American way of life as possible.He will not go to the middle,he will go further left and try to jam through as much of his anti-capitalist plan as possible.Its what he is,its what he does.When half wits like Rachel Maddow say the reason Coakley ost is because Obama isnt liberal enough,you get the idea that these people only care with as much mayhem and destruction as possible.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 06:43:56 AM »
What people miss is this.Obama doesnt care.His agenda is the destruction of America and remaking it in his image.He doesnt care if hes a one term president as long as he can destroy as much of the American way of life as possible.He will not go to the middle,he will go further left and try to jam through as much of his anti-capitalist plan as possible.Its what he is,its what he does.When half wits like Rachel Maddow say the reason Coakley ost is because Obama isnt liberal enough,you get the idea that these people only care with as much mayhem and destruction as possible.

If that's the case then (as I said elsewhere), grab your popcorn, sit back, and watch the woodshed whippings, inflicted on the Democrats in November.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 06:46:50 AM »
 ;D

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 06:50:03 AM »
Going to be a huge blockbuster come November if those on the extreme fringes of the left continue to lead the Democratic party by its nose.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 06:52:21 AM »
If that's the case then (as I said elsewhere), grab your popcorn, sit back, and watch the woodshed whippings, inflicted on the Democrats in November.

The lunatic left could care less and Obama is going to double down on marxism now.  I told 240 many times, Obama is not Bill Clinton and will now push even harder for his communist agenda. 

And yes guys, he is a communist, do some damn research where and how his agenda items got their start and who Obama has aligned himself with his entire life. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 07:06:26 AM »
The lunatic left could care less and Obama is going to double down on marxism now.  I told 240 many times, Obama is not Bill Clinton and will now push even harder for his communist agenda. 

And yes guys, he is a communist, do some damn research where and how his agenda items got their start and who Obama has aligned himself with his entire life. 

Then, we'll just have to keep punching him (and his cronies) in the mouth, until 2012, when we can finally heave his "Yes-We-Can" behind out of office.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 07:08:24 AM »
Then, we'll just have to keep punching him (and his cronies) in the mouth, until 2012, when we can finally heave his "Yes-We-Can" behind out of office.

Damn right, many of us have only begun to fight.  The "progressives" aka communists, have no idea what they will face if they plan on doubling down on their marxist agenda of trying to tear down this country and replace it with a 1917 Revolution. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 07:20:30 AM »
Damn right, many of us have only begun to fight.  The "progressives" aka communists, have no idea what they will face if they plan on doubling down on their marxist agenda of trying to tear down this country and replace it with a 1917 Revolution. 

Let them try to use the nuclear option to push ObamaCare through; let them try and stall Brown's seating.

Heck, listen to some of these Democrats!! They are scared silly. Even they acknowledge that it's time to restart this whole thing.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 07:22:30 AM »
Let them try to use the nuclear option to push ObamaCare through; let them try and stall Brown's seating.

Heck, listen to some of these Democrats!! They are scared silly. Even they acknowledge that it's time to restart this whole thing.

Wiener is talking about pigs coming out of his ass. 

James

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 07:27:56 AM »

240 is a good guy, but his problem is he watches MSNBC 24 hours a day. Which makes it hard for him to see the truth anymore.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2010, 07:29:59 AM »
240 is a good guy, but his problem is he watches MSNBC 24 hours a day. Which makes it hard for him to see the truth anymore.

Exactly.  240 is one of, if not my favorite poster here, but he watches way too much TV and it skews his ability to see truth anymore. 

240 - stop watching MSNBC!  Your brain is getting fried! 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2010, 07:36:22 AM »
Exactly.  240 is one of, if not my favorite poster here, but he watches way too much TV and it skews his ability to see truth anymore. 

240 - stop watching MSNBC!  Your brain is getting fried! 

Whats funny is he states that "Maddow is very intelligent".Really?Its intelligent to look at how democrats are getting destroyed in lib states running on anti-health care and comming to the conclusion that the reason they are losing is because they didnt pass health care?She is a moron which is why 300,000 people watch her pathetic show and even less listen to her on radio.

James

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2010, 07:38:08 AM »
Exactly.  240 is one of, if not my favorite poster here, but he watches way too much TV and it skews his ability to see truth anymore.

240 - stop watching MSNBC!  Your brain is getting fried!  

Same here.

I noticed that as the MSNBC crew started getting depressed and pissed off over the last week (about Coakley slipping in the polls) that 240 seemed to get depressed (and pissed off) as well.

If 240 would go one week with out watching MSNBC, he might get back to reality.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 07:40:29 AM »

I noticed that as the MSNBC crew started getting depressed and pissed off over the last week (about Coakley slipping in the polls) that 240 seemed to get depressed (and pissed off) as well.

As I said, it's sackcloth and ashes time.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2010, 07:40:38 AM »

Olbermann,that no talent nit wit,went into his "Brown is a racist and homophobe...[put in the other lib attacks]"rant last night.They are truly clueless which is why only fools watch their dreadfull shows...Oh sorry,only 300,000 fools.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2010, 07:41:36 AM »
Same here.

240 - there is time to save yourself bro! 

Switch the damn channel! 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2010, 07:43:20 AM »
Olbermann,that no talent nit wit,went into his "Brown is a racist and homophobe...[put in the other lib attacks]"rant last night.They are truly clueless which is why only fools watch their dreadfull shows...Oh sorry,only 300,000 fools.

I confess. I watched it last night, just to see the sad and pitiful countenances of Olbermann, Maddow, and Matthews.

I HAVE SINNNNNNNNED!!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2010, 07:43:26 AM »

The best part is that last night was only the start!  By November 2010, unless Obama turned into a teabagger himself, 1994 is going to look like nothing.