Author Topic: Random car searches?  (Read 600 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Random car searches?
« on: September 28, 2009, 01:55:35 PM »
Just saw one of these a couple days ago in Nebraska.  My turn was coming up and I didn't want to miss it so I was going about 5 to 10 mph under the speed limit.  There was one car behind me that ended up turning at the same turn so I know he wasn't speeding.  There was a cop at the turn who ended up pulling over the car right behind me.  I pulled into the gas station and the car being pulled over parked right behind me.  The car was a newer car and diver looked like your average middleclass person, nothing looked strange.  As I got out the cop was telling the driver of the car that he was being stopped as a routine random inspection.  When I came out the cop was searching the guy's car and trunk and then let him go when he didn't find anything.  I'm not going to flip out about it here because I doubt many will give a shit anyway.  Just seems fucked up.  that is all. ;D

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: Random car searches?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 02:11:26 PM »
Just saw one of these a couple days ago in Nebraska.  My turn was coming up and I didn't want to miss it so I was going about 5 to 10 mph under the speed limit.  There was one car behind me that ended up turning at the same turn so I know he wasn't speeding.  There was a cop at the turn who ended up pulling over the car right behind me.  I pulled into the gas station and the car being pulled over parked right behind me.  The car was a newer car and diver looked like your average middleclass person, nothing looked strange.  As I got out the cop was telling the driver of the car that he was being stopped as a routine random inspection.  When I came out the cop was searching the guy's car and trunk and then let him go when he didn't find anything.  I'm not going to flip out about it here because I doubt many will give a shit anyway.  Just seems fucked up.  that is all. ;D

Extremely fucked up!

Heil Hitler!
S

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 02:27:06 PM »
They can't do that...all it takes is a person to say "prove it" and they'll run away.  Now neither of us know if a car matching that discription was inlvoved in something and the guy was doing his job etc...
L

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 04:12:46 PM »
I hate that crap to no end.  The problem is that they will need at least a reasonable suspicion to go through your car like that, but they can simply ask even if they have no reason.  And if you consent...

I think a lot of people get intimidated by the uniform, cops demeanor, etc., and just voluntarily give up their rights by consenting.  Fuck that...