Author Topic: An Observation about the Media  (Read 758 times)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
An Observation about the Media
« on: January 23, 2017, 05:07:23 AM »
In terms of news and how it's portrayed:

FOX makes a point of conveying common sense but in a dumber, unsophisticated way

MSNBC has really smart people eloquently voicing some of the goddam dumbest perspectives you ever heard.

Its not just FOX and MSNBC. You seem to get the same dynamic in AM talk radio vs print. Talk radio is more honest but juvenile in its appeal. Print appeals to the more literate but has the most contrived, half-baked bullshit imaginable

The fact is that media consumption sells better when you talk to more people. So its a question of whether someone is tuning in to people they think are smarter than they believe themselves to be & learn (bullshit) from smarter people. Or are they intimidated & insulted by know-it-alls & would rather feel like they are hearing from peers who are more blunt but friendlier.

Thoughts?
a

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: An Observation about the Media
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 05:22:56 AM »
You make some good points and I can only offer a limited explanation.

REGARDLESS of the network, they all need to fill air time 24/7 with "breaking news".
It's inevitable, that opinion and outright pulling BS out one's ass will occur.

On one side, we have our new President talking about his crowd size , in front of the CIA Wall of Fallen Heroes ( stars).
Politics aside, between that and his juvenile tweets, he's not acting very "presidential".

Worse yet, is the Saturday protest with legions of pink pussy style caps on marching libtards .
Pres. Trump was acting like an immature ass-clown . So, the retort was an even bigger example of
ass-clownery, complete with uniformed pink pussy hats .

But, the cable news channels fed off this shit like a sharks with blood in the water.
They all had their own unique spin or opinions on these "events".

To me, it was like seeing  serious analysis of a farting contest between: Pres Trump and
disgruntled female celebs.

Thank GOD, I stopped watching that nonsense and enjoyed seeing BOTH the NFC and AFC games.
Pro sports made a lot more sense to me.  ;)