Author Topic: Election 2016  (Read 169933 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

Primemuscle

• Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Election 2016
« Reply #777 on: October 03, 2016, 07:24:36 PM »
Was just looking at the November 2012 polls.  Tight.  Final RCP average had Obama up .7.  Actual final margin of victory was 3.9.  We are probably looking at something similar this November. 

Final polls had them:

Politico - Tie
IBD/TIPP - Obama +1
Rasmussen - Romney +1
CNN - Tie
Gallup - Romney +1
ABC/WA Post - Obama +3
Monmouth - Tie
NBC/WSJ - Obama +1
Pew - Obama + 3

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/general_election_romney_vs_obama-1171.html

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #778 on: October 03, 2016, 07:53:57 PM »
You likely spent some time and energy finding anything that puts Trump ahead in the general election besides the L.A. Times.

It took me about 3 seconds. It's on the drudge report

http://googleweblight.com/?lite_url=http://smartestapple.com/thereport&f=1&s=1&source=wax

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #779 on: October 04, 2016, 08:25:20 AM »
Hillary Clinton  4 - 11

Donald Trump  5 - 2

Bernie Sanders  150 - 1

Joe Biden  150 - 1

Paul Ryan  225 - 1

Tim Kaine  325 - 1

Jill Stein  500 - 1

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #780 on: October 04, 2016, 09:52:23 AM »
It took me about 3 seconds. It's on the drudge report

http://googleweblight.com/?lite_url=http://smartestapple.com/thereport&f=1&s=1&source=wax

Oh. Well today on the Drudge Report, they are tied with Clinton slightly in the lead.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #782 on: October 04, 2016, 05:44:29 PM »
Years before ‘Aleppo moment,’ Gary Johnson showed little interest in details of governing

SANTA FE, N.M. — For state lawmakers here who used to work with Gary Johnson, something is familiar about the former governor’s baffled looks, which have turned into an embarrassment for his third-party presidential campaign.

Longtime state Sen. Stuart Ingle (R) recalled how Johnson, soon after taking office in 1995, mostly shrugged and stared during their first meeting together. As Ingle asked Johnson questions about his agenda, Ingle said, Johnson’s most common refrain was, “I don’t know.”

At the end of the meeting, Ingle said, Johnson revealed the one position on which he would hold firm: The state’s budget should not grow. And if legislation to do so passed, the new governor added, “I will veto it.”

Over the next eight years, New Mexico lawmakers would struggle to work with a governor who paid little attention to details. Those who worked closely with Johnson, then a Republican elected as a political novice vowing to shake up the established order, recall a chief executive who would speed through meetings and often preferred to discuss his fitness routine than focus on the minutiae of policymaking.

Today, people here are not surprised that Johnson’s lack of interest in the fine points of governing has led to some high-profile stumbles in his Libertarian candidacy for president, such as his inability to name his favorite foreign leader, or when a question about the war-ravaged city at the center of the Syrian refugee crisis prompted him to ask, “What is Aleppo?”

Johnson dismisses the notion that a president must be immersed in the particulars.

“It’s amazing that somehow because you dot the i’s and cross the t’s that somehow you’re immune,” Johnson told The Washington Post in a recent interview, “and judgments are being made on me that I’m not qualified because I didn’t know something that could be answered in five seconds on an iPad.”

In a year of widespread discontent with the major-party contenders, Johnson pitches himself as a logical alternative who can bridge divisions by embracing conservative fiscal policy and left-leaning social policy.

That pitch has proved attractive to a small but significant sliver of voters, particularly young people, peeling support away from Democrat Hillary Clinton and Republican Donald Trump. Both campaigns fret that Johnson’s presence on the ballot could tilt a tight race.

At the center of Johnson’s candidacy is his tenure in Santa Fe, where he was quick to use his veto pen and argued that government should provide only the most basic of services, such as building highways.

But Johnson ended up unnerving lawmakers on both sides of the aisle, who complained that he rarely took their ideas seriously.

When the vetoes started to pile up that first year, legislators tried to make amends by inviting him to participate in discussions about how they should spend money, according to legislative notes in the state Capitol. Johnson’s reply, again, was “no.”

More: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/years-before-aleppo-moment-gary-johnson-showed-little-interest-in-details-of-governing/2016/10/03/f62a00fa-873d-11e6-92c2-14b64f3d453f_story.html?tid=hybrid_collaborative_1_na

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #783 on: October 05, 2016, 07:40:43 AM »
Reuters/Ipsos shows Trump up in Colorado and Nevada, tied in Wisconsin and Michigan

The Reuters/Ipsos polls have some good news for Trump on both sides of the equation. In both Nevada and Colorado, their most recent finding shows Trump two points up. Trump is leading 44 to 42 in Nevada and 45 to 43 in Colorado.

Trump is also drawing to a tie in Wisconsin and Michigan in the latest Reuters/Ipsos polling. In Wisconsin the two candidates are tied at 42. In Michigan they each pull 39%.
a

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #784 on: October 05, 2016, 10:47:04 AM »
Link to the VP debate:

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #785 on: October 05, 2016, 10:48:01 AM »
Why can't Trump be like his son?  He's good.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #786 on: October 05, 2016, 10:48:18 AM »
Reuters/Ipsos shows Trump up in Colorado and Nevada, tied in Wisconsin and Michigan

The Reuters/Ipsos polls have some good news for Trump on both sides of the equation. In both Nevada and Colorado, their most recent finding shows Trump two points up. Trump is leading 44 to 42 in Nevada and 45 to 43 in Colorado.

Trump is also drawing to a tie in Wisconsin and Michigan in the latest Reuters/Ipsos polling. In Wisconsin the two candidates are tied at 42. In Michigan they each pull 39%.

It appears that you are misinformed. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/co/colorado_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5974.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/nv/nevada_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson-6004.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #788 on: October 05, 2016, 10:49:31 AM »
White House Watch
White House Watch: Trump Turnaround?
Wednesday, October 05, 2016

The two major presidential candidates remain in a dead heat, but Donald Trump has regained the edge.

The latest Rasmussen Reports White House Watch survey shows Trump with 42% support among Likely U.S. Voters to Hillary Clinton’s 41%. Yesterday, it was the other way around, Clinton 42%, Trump 41%, and the day before Clinton had a 43% to 40% advantage. This is the first time Trump has been ahead since before the first presidential debate last week.

Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson earns eight percent (8%) support in the latest survey, and Green Party nominee Jill Stein remains at two percent (2%). Another two percent (2%) like some other candidate, and three percent (3%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Among the 82% of voters who say they are certain how they will vote, Trump leads 48% to 47%. Among those who say they still could change their minds, it’s Trump 32%, Clinton 30%, Johnson 27% and Stein 11%.

This survey was largely completed prior to last night’s debate between Democratic vice presidential nominee Tim Kaine and Trump’s running mate Mike Pence.

Rasmussen Reports updates its White House Watch survey daily Monday through Friday at 8:30 am based on a three-day rolling average of 1,500 Likely U.S. Voters.

(Want a free daily e-mail update? If it's in the news, it's in our polls). Rasmussen Reports updates are also available on Twitter or Facebook.

The survey of 1,500 Likely Voters was conducted on October 2-4, 2016 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 2.5 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Field work for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC. See methodology.

. . . .

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/white_house_watch_oct05

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #789 on: October 05, 2016, 10:55:46 AM »

???

This poll was literally just released. Take it up with Reuters.

The links I posted are today's polls. Can you provide a link to the Reuters poll? I checked their polling page and was not able to find anything current.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #790 on: October 06, 2016, 08:26:06 AM »
 ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #791 on: October 06, 2016, 08:59:18 AM »
Only 125 People Turn Out for Chelsea Clinton in Iowa
Breitbart ^ | 6 Oct 2016 | DUSTIN STOCKTON
Posted on 10/6/2016, 10:25:46 AM by mandaladon

A small crowd greeted Democrat nominee Hillary Clinton’s daughter Chelsea at a campaign stop in Sioux City, Iowa on Tuesday. At the Orpheum theater, Chelsea defended her mother and attacked Republican Presidential nominee Donald Trump to a crowd reported to include just 125 people. Chelsea Clinton told those in attendance that she doesn’t want to live in a country with what she called the “demeaning speak” of Trump.

“The demeaning speak against Americans with disabilities, against women, against minorities, against Muslims, against immigrants, against our veterans, against a gold-star family,” Clinton said. “None of that is the country that I want to live in and it’s certainly not the country that I want my children, our children, and our grandchildren to grow up in.”

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #792 on: October 06, 2016, 01:17:54 PM »
Only 125 People Turn Out for Chelsea Clinton in Iowa
Breitbart ^ | 6 Oct 2016 | DUSTIN STOCKTON
Posted on 10/6/2016, 10:25:46 AM by mandaladon

A small crowd greeted Democrat nominee Hillary Clinton’s daughter Chelsea at a campaign stop in Sioux City, Iowa on Tuesday. At the Orpheum theater, Chelsea defended her mother and attacked Republican Presidential nominee Donald Trump to a crowd reported to include just 125 people. Chelsea Clinton told those in attendance that she doesn’t want to live in a country with what she called the “demeaning speak” of Trump.

“The demeaning speak against Americans with disabilities, against women, against minorities, against Muslims, against immigrants, against our veterans, against a gold-star family,” Clinton said. “None of that is the country that I want to live in and it’s certainly not the country that I want my children, our children, and our grandchildren to grow up in.”

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

I agree with Chelsea with regards to not wanting to live in the U.S. where, if elected, Donald Trump continues demeaning much of the citizenry. Odds are he won't win the Presidency, but anything is possible. If elected, he will probably be impeached or assassinated within a year, once the public discovers he is completely inept and that his many promises were just a bunch of lies.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #793 on: October 06, 2016, 01:21:45 PM »
I agree with Chelsea with regards to not wanting to live in the U.S. where, if elected, Donald Trump continues demeaning much of the citizenry. Odds are he won't win the Presidency, but anything is possible. If elected, he will probably be impeached or assassinated within a year, once the public discovers he is completely inept and that his many promises were just a bunch of lies.

He has definitely demeaned a lot of people. 

How many Americans are in Clinton's basket of deplorables? 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #794 on: October 06, 2016, 01:31:52 PM »
He has definitely demeaned a lot of people. 

Likely quite a few. However, she hasn't been so dumb as to announce who they may be in her campaign speeches and recent debates.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #795 on: October 06, 2016, 01:56:37 PM »
Likely quite a few. However, she hasn't been so dumb as to announce who they may be in her campaign speeches and recent debates.

Trump got about 13 million votes in the primaries/caucuses (and many more voted against him), so that means at least 6.5 million Americans are in the basket of deplorables.  If he gets about 50 million votes in November, that means about 25 million Americans will be in the basket. 

Hillary did actually announce who they were, twice:  racists, sexists, homophobes, and xenophobes. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #796 on: October 06, 2016, 02:31:06 PM »
Racists, sexists, homophobes, and xenophobes. 

I don't get why anyone would want to wear a t-shirt proudly claiming to be one of these.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #797 on: October 06, 2016, 02:35:53 PM »
Love it.   :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #798 on: October 06, 2016, 03:21:59 PM »

Anyone wearing a deplorables shirt kinda loses the ability to bitch about it.

James

« Reply #799 on: October 06, 2016, 04:11:31 PM »
Racists, sexists, homophobes, and xenophobes. 

I don't get why anyone would want to wear a t-shirt proudly claiming to be one of these.

Anyone wearing a deplorables shirt kinda loses the ability to bitch about it.