Author Topic: If there's one thing that my time in the Bodybuilding world has taught me it's..  (Read 2599 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
He was the first gym pusher.

It was mainly this to which I was referring.

Methandrostenolone was synthesized by researchers at the CIBA laboratories in Basel, Switzerland. CIBA filed for a U.S. patent in 1957, and began marketing the drug as Dianabol in 1958 in the U.S.

Dr. John Ziegler was the first person to introduce Dianabol to competitive athletes shortly after its commercial introduction by CIBA in 1958. Wettstein and his associates collaborated with the Leopold Ružička’s (sounds a little bit like Ziegler), research team that won the 1939 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for their remarkable work on the synthesis of testosterone.

Our family doctor prescribed it to me for hypogonadism in 1960 or 1961 along with a weekly testosterone injection. Of course the dosage was a lot less than what most bodybuilders were using @ 5 mg a day. I don't know the amount of testosterone he injected. My guess is that it too was low by comparison.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
That ultimately when you get to a high enough level you will be judged on what you haven't got as opposed to what you have. So identify weaknesses in your physique as early as possible and spend the majority of your time working on them rather than your strengths. Life and business is similar, use the same philosophy there.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
That ultimately when you get to a high enough level you will be judged on what you haven't got as opposed to what you have. So identify weaknesses in your physique as early as possible and spend the majority of your time working on them rather than your strengths. Life and business is similar, use the same philosophy there.

I appreciate this answer, despite the jokes, there were far more positive lessons than otherwise.  Lessons about putting in the work, focusing efforts, believing in yourself and your ability to carve your destiny from the cold hard rock of reality, etc.