Author Topic: Arnold Classic: Bob Chick's post win interview with Kai Green  (Read 3947 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
 I could tell ol' Bob Chick ( and Dan S) had to use a lot of self control to avoid cracking up during the post win interview with Kai Green. Granted, Kai is a top pro BB and seem intelligent, but the guy came off as a real space cadet.

After Kai won the  Best Poser award, I loved Bob's quip; " So there you have it to any future pro bodybuilders out there. Learn to stand on your head while posing and pocket 10k."

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
Re: Bob Chick's post win interview with Kai Green
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 02:31:25 PM »
Hide was the best poser that night

lesaucer

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 03:01:30 PM »
Hide was the best poser that night

and phil had the best physique, only thing kai deserved that night was a box full of grapefruit.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 01:24:03 PM »
and phil had the best physique, only thing kai deserved that night was a box full of grapefruit.

Here is the "problem".

Hide did classic poses and had a smooth, professional looking routine. Hide didn't even attempt to stand on his head. How the hell was he going to win a BB contest doing BB shots> geeeeeesh.

Heath came in ripped and full , sooooooo he lacked the coveted bloated,watery look which is all the rage this season with all the rain fall we have had.
Heath only did BB poses and failed to stand on his head or pull his junk out, etc
Heath never has or will get intimate with any variety of citrus.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 02:09:18 PM »
Here is the "problem".

Hide did classic poses and had a smooth, professional looking routine. Hide didn't even attempt to stand on his head. How the hell was he going to win a BB contest doing BB shots> geeeeeesh.

Heath came in ripped and full , sooooooo he lacked the coveted bloated,watery look which is all the rage this season with all the rain fall we have had.
Heath only did BB poses and failed to stand on his head or pull his junk out, etc
Heath never has or will get intimate with any variety of citrus.

I heard that if you could punch a hole in a grapefruit, that you can punch a hole in anything, including judges---while standing on your head...that is a tough feat to beat.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 02:16:09 PM »
yawn.

grapefruit yawn.

kai fuck$ grapefruit yawn.

grapefruit jokes yawn.

phil's width is horrible, has to change his front bicep shot.  kai 95 vs phil 100 = coleman prime 90 vs flex 100.

if vic was consistent...then he'd give phil even more headaches.  phil will win it someday.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 02:18:20 PM »

Branch has the best double-bi there IMO. But it's only one photo I know.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 02:21:38 PM »

Branch has the best double-bi there IMO. But it's only one photo I know.
You mean, the best worst double bi...that pic doesn't show his T-Rex arms to their fullest. Branch is world class from the waist down. Waist up, he's a mess. Worst back in the show.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 02:26:18 PM »
In prejudging, Phil was the best as the score sheet said.
But kai and Branch improved a lot final and Phil got small. So I agree with the result.
But, I dont agree with Kai winning the best poser award.
I have voted to Hide too.

Rich2

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 02:38:57 PM »
yawn.

grapefruit yawn.

grapefruit jokes yawn.

phil's width is horrible, has to change his front bicep shot.  kai 95 vs phil 100 = coleman prime 90 vs flex 100.

if vic was consistent...then he'd give phil even more headaches.  phil will win it someday.

TRUTH

People bring up stuff that isn't stage related.  Bottom line, Kai looked amazing in the comparisons.  Phil is great, but got edged out by a RETURNING CHAMP WHO WAS IN SHAPE.

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 02:43:18 PM »
funny thing,,, going ny that fdb photo in this thread,,, it seems phil has the smallest arms of the 4 peeps there...
 ???
heath has great arms dont get me wrong but he has to hang(no pun lol) with everyone else, except for that one arm of branch.  :P

marty31672

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 02:44:15 PM »
i like kai greene this wont be the last trophy he wins!

karu

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2010, 02:47:06 PM »
what you probably could also tell, but failed to mention, was bobby's resentment towards kai winning again.
bobs "congrats champ" was so fake, that it was too fake even for bodybuilding.

bobby couldn't tolerate his AMI boy wonder losing to the competition.

hope this helps

I could tell ol' Bob Chick ( and Dan S) had to use a lot of self control to avoid cracking up during the post win interview with Kai Green. Granted, Kai is a top pro BB and seem intelligent, but the guy came off as a real space cadet.

After Kai won the  Best Poser award, I loved Bob's quip; " So there you have it to any future pro bodybuilders out there. Learn to stand on your head while posing and pocket 10k."

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 04:04:13 PM »
what you probably could also tell, but failed to mention, was bobby's resentment towards kai winning again.
bobs "congrats champ" was so fake, that it was too fake even for bodybuilding.

bobby couldn't tolerate his AMI boy wonder losing to the competition.

hope this helps

Ya know what cracks me up, is how some always say it is politics and fixed , EXCEPT when the guy they want to win does hehehe.

If it really is fixed then how does a NON AMI guy win the show. It isn't fixed, but it sure is random and lacks consistant standards

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2010, 04:51:06 PM »
Phil has large triceps. His arms are thick, more width to them, thats why his arms look huge in his most musculars yet not so impressive in front double bicep, same like me

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2010, 04:55:25 PM »
I like Bob but I'm about sick and fucking tired of the utter disrespect he shows towards Kai with his snide remarks.
Very unprofessional to do during commentating.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2010, 05:15:50 PM »
I like Bob but I'm about sick and fucking tired of the utter disrespect he shows towards Kai with his snide remarks.

Like...?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2010, 06:11:27 PM »
Bob as commentator can say what he thinks because that is what he is paid to do. As pro athletes rep he shouldn't comment on the physiques in a way that might affect their chances in contests.

Finally, the penny has dropped and even hapless stooge Chick realizes that all is not right in the Pro League.

What the judges get confused about is the routine or posing ability. Kai knows how to present his body. No doubt he is an expert. Was his routine the best on the night? Nope. However, the judges might be considering all the rounds beforehand. Kai got into trouble trying to find the wall to rest his feet against in his routine and looked like an amateur. Why the judges reward all that dancing and strutting around is a total mystery. WTF are they judging? If you have poor judges you will usually have odd results.

This business of someone getting better overnight is another myth. I don't buy it. Judge the contest once and forget all the politics. Was Dexter being 'punished' for being nonchalant in the past when interviewed after he won contests?

Bob, do something about the judging process because it sucks. Hope this helps.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2010, 06:33:28 PM »

I'm not. Kai's a weirdo, shouldn't be winning these shows and posing awards, and it's refreshing to see someone in his position not trying to be politically correct for once

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2010, 06:39:35 PM »
Bob as commentator can say what he thinks because that is what he is paid to do. As pro athletes rep he shouldn't comment on the physiques in a way that might affect their chances in contests.

Finally, the penny has dropped and even hapless stooge Chick realizes that all is not right in the Pro League.

What the judges get confused about is the routine or posing ability. Kai knows how to present his body. No doubt he is an expert. Was his routine the best on the night? Nope. However, the judges might be considering all the rounds beforehand. Kai got into trouble trying to find the wall to rest his feet against in his routine and looked like an amateur. Why the judges reward all that dancing and strutting around is a total mystery. WTF are they judging? If you have poor judges you will usually have odd results.

This business of someone getting better overnight is another myth. I don't buy it. Judge the contest once and forget all the politics. Was Dexter being 'punished' for being nonchalant in the past when interviewed after he won contests?

Bob, do something about the judging process because it sucks. Hope this helps.

Just how would my comments affect the outcome of a show?   Especially as were commenting LIVE?

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2010, 06:56:55 PM »
Just how would my comments affect the outcome of a show?   Especially as were commenting LIVE?

Bob, you represent the little people; you're the voice of the fans. You're the man whose voice echoes to colossal volumes. You can change the face of bodybuilding with your knowledge and intelligence. You are the chosen one  :D haha but you know what I mean lol

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2010, 07:08:09 PM »
Bob, you represent the little people; you're the voice of the fans. You're the man whose voice echoes to colossal volumes. You can change the face of bodybuilding with your knowledge and intelligence. You are the chosen one  :D haha but you know what I mean lol

Plenty of change for the better has already taken place over the last few years...

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2010, 07:22:49 PM »

I am sure he means future contests.  I do see some merit to his point.  Curious as to the genesis of the bad blood between you and Vince B.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2010, 07:31:09 PM »
I am sure he means future contests.  I do see some merit to his point.  Curious as to the genesis of the bad blood between you and Vince B.

He has no merit, to any of his "points"....which answers your question

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2010, 07:36:19 PM »
yawn.

grapefruit yawn.

grapefruit jokes yawn.

phil's width is horrible, has to change his front bicep shot.  kai 95 vs phil 100 = coleman prime 90 vs flex 100.

if vic was consistent...then he'd give phil even more headaches.  phil will win it someday.

Your nuts. Kai looks horrid.. Short, stumpy mutant looking physique. I think if he was about 4" taller with the same musculature he'd look good. As is, he looks like a bunch of bodyparts thrown together.