Author Topic: UK schools ignore the Holocaust in history class to avoid offending Muslims  (Read 2730 times)

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
You've got to be kidding.   ???

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
ridiculous.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Disgusting. Watch these pussy Brits sit around while their country slowly turns into an Islamic state is pathetic.

History should be taught in its entirety.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
This is unbelievable!   >:(

People are over reacting to other people's over sensitivity.

they all need to get the hell over it.   If the Muslims don't like what's being taught, get the fuck out.  Or get a dam job and send your kids to a private school.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
Damn. That's just sad and pathetic.

Durka durka pedo mohammed jihad.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Pretty tired of the West only catering to Islam. About high time they either assimilate or get the fuck out.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
Pretty tired of the West only catering to Islam. About high time they either assimilate or get the fuck out.

I would have to agree it's gone too far. I've got nothing against Islam but Islamic countries don't exactly cater to Christians & Jews living in their countries.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
I would have to agree it's gone too far. I've got nothing against Islam but Islamic countries don't exactly cater to Christians & Jews living in their countries.

So you're down with slavery, the possession of women and segregation between religions all sanctioned by the koran?

Interesting.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
That's where I'd draw the fucking line with Islam. The truth is the truth.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
So you don't draw the line that women are a field to be ploughed and their voting right in court is 1/4 that of a muslim man?

How about believe slavery is acceptable? You down with that too? But you're not down with denying the holocaust?

Interesting!
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
As bad as people are for not wanting to integrate; the UK government is far worse for catering to them.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Adam will sort it out....

When he commissioned the report last year, schools minister Lord Adonis said the national curriculum encouraged teachers to choose content "likely to resonate in their multicultural classrooms"
E

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
Thats a very good point Camel:

"As bad as people are for not wanting to integrate; the UK government is far worse for catering to them"

Its incredibly rude that immigrants come to a new country, disrespect their traditions and refuse to integrate...then the governement allows and in some ways encourages this?  How does that make any sense?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Thats a very good point Camel:

"As bad as people are for not wanting to integrate; the UK government is far worse for catering to them"

Its incredibly rude that immigrants come to a new country, disrespect their traditions and refuse to integrate...then the governement allows and in some ways encourages this?  How does that make any sense?

It's even done here.. Drivers' license examinations in SPANISH.. wtf is that?  :-X Pressing one for english? I don't care if businesses do it, but when the government does it, it's pretty much a slap in the face.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
UK schools ignore the Holocaust in history class to avoid offending Muslims

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/education/6517359.stm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=445979&in_page_id=1770

man your country is getting pwned again n again by mus..ahem..brownies...

poetic justice i say!  ;D
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!

kinda like the brownies want whitie to get the fuck out of saudi??

aww but you need their oil...  ;D
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
As bad as people are for not wanting to integrate; the UK government is far worse for catering to them.

its their own fucking fault...why should we feel sorry for em???  :-\
carpe` vaginum!

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
Disgusting. Watch these pussy Brits sit around while their country slowly turns into an Islamic state is pathetic.

History should be taught in its entirety.

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT ...LETS START BY ADMITTING THAT THE HOLOCAUST NEVER HAPPENED...YOU FOOLS FELL FOR THE JEW LIE

http://www.onethirdoftheholocaust.com/

http://www.israelect.com/reference/WillieMartin/HOLOHOAX.htm

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/holohoax.htm
C

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Did anyone actually read the entire article, ...or just the inflammatory subject header?
And for those who did read the entire article... did you tune out the contents after reading the subject heading, or the first few sentences?

The reason I ask is that the jest of that piece said to me that authorities acknowledged they were sending teachers into the classrooms ill-equipped. For all intents & purposes, Muslims were a mere footnote in that article and not the focus. The brief example mentioned in passing was not so much a desire to avoid offending muslims, ...but rather an attempt to avoid rousing anti-semitism. The author spent more tme discussing the slave trade than they did about muslims. I can understand why that would be such a difficult subject, ...especially in Britain with their particular history, ...however the teaching of history is essential for any nation's educational system.

The point of the article was about how teachers were ill equipped to present a balanced perspectives without creating alienation in students. Why should this be considered less of a problem than it is anywhere else? ... because one of the potentially offended or alienated groups may be Muslims? I see this as no different than in North America where teachers have difficulty presenting a curriculum that discusses evolutionary ideas in a region full of christian fundamentalists. Or those who say that American history especially as it pertains to the TransAtlantic Slave Trade should not be taught because it makes white students feel bad (a comment uttered by a poster on these very boards) Are you saying cultural sensitivity is fine as long as it is WASP sensibilities one is concerned with, ...but anyone elses is irrelevant? This isn't even about cultural sensitivity as much as it is about the lack of resources available to educators. or do you all propose teachers teach a BS version of the "official story" regardless of how inaccurate, or biased it may be? Have we forgotten what inaccurate culturally biased dogmas breed? If you've never been subjected to that kind of BS in the classroom, you probably would not understand.

The point is the teachers are not "catering to muslim agendas"... or any other [insert group here] agendas, ...they're taking the path of least resistance while admitting their own inadequacies. The solution is not to exclude subjects from the curriculum, ...but rather to equip the teachers properly, ...enabling them to present a balanced view of history without causing upset, trauma, or the stigmatization of their students, ...and right now they are admitting they don't know how to do that.  Blaming the student body or stigmatizing them for a teacher's inadequacies is ridiculous. The solution is to equip the teachers.
w

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT ...LETS START BY ADMITTING THAT THE HOLOCAUST NEVER HAPPENED...YOU FOOLS FELL FOR THE JEW LIE

http://www.onethirdoftheholocaust.com/

http://www.israelect.com/reference/WillieMartin/HOLOHOAX.htm

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/holohoax.htm

Islam is satanic, muhammad molested children and murdered boys (which he also probably molested).

Aisha was an whore. Islam contradicts itself continually and even provides verses to protect itself from its own contradictions.

Did anyone actually read the entire article, ...or just the inflammatory subject header?
And for those who did read the entire article... did you tune out the contents after reading the subject heading, or the first few sentences?

The reason I ask is that the jest of that piece said to me that authorities acknowledged they were sending teachers into the classrooms ill-equipped. For all intents & purposes, Muslims were a mere footnote in that article and not the focus. The brief example mentioned in passing was not so much a desire to avoid offending muslims, ...but rather an attempt to avoid rousing anti-semitism. The author spent more tme discussing the slave trade than they did about muslims. I can understand why that would be such a difficult subject, ...especially in Britain with their particular history, ...however the teaching of history is essential for any nation's educational system.

The point of the article was about how teachers were ill equipped to present a balanced perspectives without creating alienation in students. Why should this be considered less of a problem than it is anywhere else? ... because one of the potentially offended or alienated groups may be Muslims? I see this as no different than in North America where teachers have difficulty presenting a curriculum that discusses evolutionary ideas in a region full of christian fundamentalists. Or those who say that American history especially as it pertains to the TransAtlantic Slave Trade should not be taught because it makes white students feel bad (a comment uttered by a poster on these very boards) Are you saying cultural sensitivity is fine as long as it is WASP sensibilities one is concerned with, ...but anyone elses is irrelevant? This isn't even about cultural sensitivity as much as it is about the lack of resources available to educators. or do you all propose teachers teach a BS version of the "official story" regardless of how inaccurate, or biased it may be? Have we forgotten what inaccurate culturally biased dogmas breed? If you've never been subjected to that kind of BS in the classroom, you probably would not understand.

The point is the teachers are not "catering to muslim agendas"... or any other [insert group here] agendas, ...they're taking the path of least resistance while admitting their own inadequacies. The solution is not to exclude subjects from the curriculum, ...but rather to equip the teachers properly, ...enabling them to present a balanced view of history without causing upset, trauma, or the stigmatization of their students, ...and right now they are admitting they don't know how to do that.  Blaming the student body or stigmatizing them for a teacher's inadequacies is ridiculous. The solution is to equip the teachers.

Now this is typical apologist drivel.

It has everything to do with muslim pupils. Of course the media is as sheepish as you are at pointing the finger because you're a pro-multiculturalist coward.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

SAMSON123

• Getbig V

You're obviously exceedingly ignorant to facts...There is a large Christian adn jewish population in both Iraq and Iran. as a matter of fact the Christians were som eof the first people killed in amerikkkas attack on Iraq with both Christian churches and Islamic mosques bombed. See you amerikkkans are too ignorant to live.
C

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
Islam is satanic, muhammad molested children and murdered boys (which he also probably molested).

AND CHRISTIANITY AS THE CATHOLICS WOULD HAVE IT IS GOD FEARING??...THEY PUT THE FEAR OF GOD IN THE YOUNG BOYS BY RAPING THEM...THAT'S SOME RELIGION...

Aisha was an whore. Islam contradicts itself continually and even provides verses to protect itself from its own contradictions.

PROVE AISHA WAS A WHORE?

AMERIKKKAN CONSTITUTION AND ITS SOCIETY ARE A CONTRADICTION...WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BEG FOR YOR RIGHTS AND WHY SO EASILY VIOLATED? WHY A SOCIETY WHERE CHILDREN ARE TAKEN FROM HOMES AND MOLESTED IN STATE RUN SOCIAL AGENCIES? YOUR FORM OF CHRISTIANITY IS THE REAL SATANIC WORSHIP

Now this is typical apologist drivel.

It has everything to do with muslim pupils. Of course the media is as sheepish as you are at pointing the finger because you're a pro-multiculturalist coward.

PRO MULTICULURIST IS BETTER THAN RACIST...BEING THAT WHITES ARE ONLY 5% OF THE PLANETS POPULATION YOU WOULD THINK YOU COULD GET ALONG BEING THAT YOU ARE THE IGNORANT MINORITY...BUT ALAST I GUESS NOT. MAYBE ITS YOUR INFERIORITY COMPLEX
C

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
You're obviously exceedingly ignorant to facts...There is a large Christian adn jewish population in both Iraq and Iran. as a matter of fact the Christians were som eof the first people killed in amerikkkas attack on Iraq with both Christian churches and Islamic mosques bombed. See you amerikkkans are too ignorant to live.

Exactly, theres the truth.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Outrageous.  On the other hand, we whitewash our history books too.   :-\