Author Topic: Stand Your Ground Law's Latest Victim  (Read 65529 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Stand Your Ground Law's Latest Victim
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2013, 10:45:55 AM »
What you get is street crime.

all he had to do was wait in the house with the doors locked with his gun in his hand and if the door got broke open all he had to do was shot the person.but no ,he had his metal courage in his hand and he was going to show that 72 year old man a thing or two.now look where it got him

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2013, 10:52:24 AM »
So basically....

SYG won't likely be used and the thread title is shit.

Why am i not surprised?

I don't think this has anything to do with stand your ground.  Assuming Georgia has traditional self defense, the issue is whether he had a reasonable belief he was going to suffer serious injury or death.  

Also, the fact the elderly man wasn't actually a threat doesn't mean the shooter didn't have a reasonable belief he was in danger.  The sheriff said he has no doubt the guy was afraid.  And based on what I read, I agree.  

Someone tries to open your door at 4 in the morning and fails to respond to verbal commands, you do what you believe is necessary to protect yourself and family.  

Will be interesting to see if a grand jury indicts him, assuming it gets that far.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2013, 10:57:41 AM »
all he had to do was wait in the house with the doors locked with his gun in his hand and if the door got broke open all he had to do was shot the person.but no ,he had his metal courage in his hand and he was going to show that 72 year old man a thing or two.now look where it got him
Hahah yesterday he didn't know who or what he was shooting at and now he was he'll bent on showing a 72 year old man a thing or two...

The emotion and desperation in your post is so thick you can almost hear you crying as you read it

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2013, 10:58:49 AM »

Yes but how is this relevant to anything?  This is one person making a bad decision.  Not one shred of evidence that maliciousness was involved at all.  Again, you seem pretty broken up over this but completely oblivious to other more pressing crime issues.  
A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2013, 10:59:45 AM »
Hahah yesterday he didn't know who or what he was shooting at and now he was he'll bent on showing a 72 year old man a thing or two...

The emotion and desperation in your post is so thick you can almost hear you crying as you read it

What your seeing is the formation of a narrative driven by personal bias and political ideology.
A

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2013, 11:01:04 AM »

I'm writing what I know after the fact  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D you have to be one of the dumbest fucks on this political board  :D :D :D :D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2013, 11:03:33 AM »
What your seeing is the formation of a narrative driven by personal bias and political ideology.
Spot on sir, yet another astute post

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2013, 11:18:15 AM »
Someone tries to open your door at 4 in the morning and fails to respond to verbal commands, you do what you believe is necessary to protect yourself and family. 

You cannot shoot someone juggling your door handle.  You cannot.  You're safe inside.  Castle doctrine doesn't matter until dude steps inside. 

Gonna be tough to sell "I feared for my life so I unlocked the door with police already on the way and headed outside shooting".   Really tough.  He had the brains to wait ten minutes... he got impatient.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2013, 11:29:12 AM »

I could say the same for yours and dumb dumbs post  ;D

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2013, 11:31:20 AM »
A lot of twinks melting on this thread.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2013, 11:36:02 AM »
A lot of twinks melting on this thread.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2013, 11:41:37 AM »

I could say the same for yours and dumb dumbs post  ;D

Actually no, archer's posts are reasonable, evidence based assessments devoid of emotion, while yours are silly, emotional politically-driven nonsense.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2013, 11:46:56 AM »
Some old guy with Alzheimer felt threatened and shot someone.  He doesn't have all his mental faculties.   This doesn't mean anything.

I can see where this is  evidence based assessments  :D :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2013, 02:00:40 PM »
Yes but how is this relevant to anything?  This is one person making a bad decision.  Not one shred of evidence that maliciousness was involved at all.  Again, you seem pretty broken up over this but completely oblivious to other more pressing crime issues. 

No evidence of maliciousness.  But there is evidence of a CHANGE OF HEART during that confrontation.

Ten minutes of doing the right thing, then SOMETHING agitated him into UNLOCKING THE DOOR and going into the darkness with a weapon.

It could have been a stroke victim.   A crime victim with a knot on head and/or broken jaw.  He had no idea what he was shooting. 

I remember once in the trailer park, this crack head came into the screen room, tried jiggling the door, knocking, pounding, pulling, asking for someone, demanding he come out.  My brother and I were home.  I had twin glocks pointed 12 inches from the door head level, my brother had a mossberg shotty at torso level.

But we didn't OPEN the door.  We were safe in our home.  Any one comes THRU the door, well, you can imagine how that story ends, right?  But because he never entered our home, we repressed any anger and frustration we had - and told him to get outta here, wrong house, police are on their way.  He ran away and never came back. 

That's how you handle it (although today I'd have better position behind cover, of course).  Dude tried to get in.  He was a junkie punk intent on bad things.  But no way did we bring the party to him.  You avoid shooting people ANYTIME YOU CAN.  You don't unlock safety and run into the darkness firing. 

That shooter shouldn't own guns.  He's shown he cannot control his emotions with them.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2013, 02:06:40 PM »
No evidence of maliciousness.  But there is evidence of a CHANGE OF HEART during that confrontation.

Ten minutes of doing the right thing, then SOMETHING agitated him into UNLOCKING THE DOOR and going into the darkness with a weapon.

It could have been a stroke victim.   A crime victim with a knot on head and/or broken jaw.  He had no idea what he was shooting.  

I remember once in the trailer park, this crack head came into the screen room, tried jiggling the door, knocking, pounding, pulling, asking for someone, demanding he come out.  My brother and I were home.  I had twin glocks pointed 12 inches from the door head level, my brother had a mossberg shotty at torso level.

But we didn't OPEN the door.  We were safe in our home.  Any one comes THRU the door, well, you can imagine how that story ends, right?  But because he never entered our home, we repressed any anger and frustration we had - and told him to get outta here, wrong house, police are on their way.  He ran away and never came back.  

That's how you handle it (although today I'd have better position behind cover, of course).  Dude tried to get in.  He was a junkie punk intent on bad things.  But no way did we bring the party to him.  You avoid shooting people ANYTIME YOU CAN.  You don't unlock safety and run into the darkness firing.  

That shooter shouldn't own guns.  He's shown he cannot control his emotions with them.

No one is arguing he didn't demonstrate bad judgement by leaving his house but that person choice doesn't say anything about gun laws, gun owners or guns themselves.  It doesn't prove that gun owners are inherently dangerous or that gun laws are to laxs, it only proves this one person had poor judgement.
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2013, 02:19:13 PM »
Classic Monday Morning Quarterbacking. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2013, 02:23:46 PM »
No one is arguing he didn't demonstrate bad judgement by leaving his house but that person choice doesn't say anything about gun laws, gun owners or guns themselves.  It doesn't prove that gun owners are inherently dangerous or that gun laws are to laxs, it only proves this one person had poor judgement.

Nope, it just proves this ONE gun owner is too dangerous to own a gun.    Most gun owners carry them (or keep at home) and avoid trouble, not run into it.

Classic Monday Morning Quarterbacking. 

Disagree... Most of us wouldn't have unlocked the door, with a person on porch jiggling door, and proceeded into the darkness with a gun, instead of letting the police handle it, knowing they were on their way.

This is common sense for most gun owners... we want NO PART of a confusing battle with a stranger in the dark with a gun involved.  We know TODAY what we would do if someone jiggled our handle - we sure as shit don't go opening that door LOL.

It's not like we're dissecting what shot to take or other tactics - this is something as simple as "DONT OPEN THE DOOR"  lol.   Most people with guns already possess the common sense not to open the door and exit home into a potentially dangerous situation.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2013, 03:37:40 PM »
Nope, it just proves this ONE gun owner is too dangerous to own a gun.    Most gun owners carry them (or keep at home) and avoid trouble, not run into it.

Disagree... Most of us wouldn't have unlocked the door, with a person on porch jiggling door, and proceeded into the darkness with a gun, instead of letting the police handle it, knowing they were on their way.

This is common sense for most gun owners... we want NO PART of a confusing battle with a stranger in the dark with a gun involved.  We know TODAY what we would do if someone jiggled our handle - we sure as shit don't go opening that door LOL.

It's not like we're dissecting what shot to take or other tactics - this is something as simple as "DONT OPEN THE DOOR"  lol.   Most people with guns already possess the common sense not to open the door and exit home into a potentially dangerous situation.

Don't try and act like you speak for all gun owners or the "reasonable" gun owner.  You don't.  I remember you mentioning on the board how you supposedly approached an unfamiliar car in your neighborhood with your hand on your gun to question the people in the car.  Exactly what a reasonable, responsible gun owner would do.  ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2013, 04:47:08 PM »
Don't try and act like you speak for all gun owners or the "reasonable" gun owner.  You don't.  I remember you mentioning on the board how you supposedly approached an unfamiliar car in your neighborhood with your hand on your gun to question the people in the car.  Exactly what a reasonable, responsible gun owner would do.  ::)
hahah yup 240 used to brag about how him and his merry band of trailer park militia men would chase out unwanted individuals armed to the teeth.

Now he supposedly was a scared little shit who wouldnt leave his trailer....

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2013, 08:00:46 PM »
Why was my post deleted?    ???

I see 24KT/JaguarEnterprises cried to the mods again who caved in and deleted my post for no reason.

Anyway, the number one killer of black men are black men.  Why aren't we discussing this instead?

I had nothing to do with your post being deleted.
This is my first visit back to this thread since I started it.
Why don't you ask the mods why they deleted it.

Both the shooter and the elderly victim are white.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2013, 08:05:00 PM »
You still can't shoot someone for jiggling your door handle.  That's why that have 911.  Yes, you can be very mad or scared they are jiggling your door handle.  But it'd been ten minutes, and the old senile person was unable to get in, so he had gone back into the yard where he was shot. 

beach bum, human life is much  more valuable than just to run out there shooting at something which jiiggled your door handle.  You lay down, you call 911, you point gun at door, and until he actually enters, you don't do a thing.  Nothing.

He had the good sense to call 911.  He had the good sense to wait ten minutes.  I think at that point, he lost his cool, let his emotions get the best of him.  He knew whoever was out there wasn't coming in the door, he knew his life wasn't at risk from that.  He just wanted to go 'reclaim' his yard.

I think if the confrontation happened immediately, it'd be an easy win for the shooter.  The fact he waited ten minutes, THEN went out firing bullets into an unknown situation, well, that ain't so good.  By the way, OZ is right, this isn't stand your ground, not one bit.   Fear for life or castle doctrine.

I dont know what GA laws are on castle doctrine, but in FL, I sure cannot go shoot a person cause they're in my yard.  no way.  Home & inside car, that's it!   And SYG can't apply as the shooter was the one doing the advancing - old man had already left porch, showing retreat.

You cannot shoot someone for being in your yard.  Understand?

His girlfriend was still on the phone with the 911 operator when the shooting took place.

Earlier in the day, the elderly gentleman had encountered a patrolman who had noticed he wasn't properly dressed for the weather. He stopped and questioned him. His response to the man was "You better head on home, it's getting cold"... then he drove away. Unfortunately, the old man didn't quite know which way home was.

My understanding is that Hendrix has now been charged for the shooting.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2013, 11:43:58 PM »
His girlfriend was still on the phone with the 911 operator when the shooting took place.

that 911 call will tell it all.   I'm betting it's not "I'm so scared, I'd better confront him!"

it's more likely (in my guess), "Fck that, if they're gonna take all night, I'm gonna go get this guy myself..." before heading outside.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2013, 08:49:40 AM »

Earlier in the day, the elderly gentleman had encountered a patrolman who had noticed he wasn't properly dressed for the weather. He stopped and questioned him. His response to the man was "You better head on home, it's getting cold"... then he drove away. Unfortunately, the old man didn't quite know which way home was.

It wasn't earlier in the day.  It was 2:30 a.m. 

Where are you getting the information that he has already been charged? 

Georgia prosecutors say they are trying to determine whether to charge a homeowner with a crime after he shot an elderly Alzheimers patient as the man was trying to get into his house during the middle of the night.

The man who fired the shot had moved into the neighborhood just days earlier, police said. The victim had been wandering in the cold for hours with his two dogs, and after he was shot one of his dogs laid across his body protectively and had to be pried away by animal control.

In the coming weeks, authorities from the Walker County District Attorney's and sheriff's offices will meet to determine whether to file charges against Joe Hendrix, 34, who fatally shot Ronald Westbrook, 72, on Nov. 27.

. . .

http://abcnews.go.com/US/da-mulls-shooting-alzheimers-patient-enter-home/story?id=21080904

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2013, 09:36:57 AM »
Mute Air Force Vet Ronald Westbrook, With Advanced Alzheimer's...

Unreal... what a clown, running into a situation with guns blazing, having zero information on the situation.

Dude deserves to be locked up just for being stupid.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2013, 10:13:28 AM »
tough call.  horrible accident?  or idiot with a gun?  i'm leaning towards idiot with a gun.  charge his ass.