Author Topic: Questions for Atheists  (Read 26763 times)

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
Re: Questions for Atheists
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2006, 07:12:20 PM »
If I lived in a muslim community and publicly displayed such distaste for that religion as I do for christianity Id probably be made an example of. However, I live in a 'christian' society which also celebrates free speech. And I have every right to suggest that christianity is the weakest excuse for a religion in the world and christianity is going to be at fault for the downfall of the human race.

One other thing. I can leave this thread and not think twice about the fact that youre a christian and have a civil discussion on any topic with you somewhere else. On the other hand, in the back of your mind Im just a blaspheming 'athiest' to you, perhaps even a devil worshipper?  ::) .

There inlies the difference  :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2006, 07:27:55 PM »
If I lived in a muslim community and publicly displayed such distaste for that religion as I do for christianity Id probably be made an example of. However, I live in a 'christian' society which also celebrates free speech. And I have every right to suggest that christianity is the weakest excuse for a religion in the world and christianity is going to be at fault for the downfall of the human race.

One other thing. I can leave this thread and not think twice about the fact that youre a christian and have a civil discussion on any topic with you somewhere else. On the other hand, in the back of your mind Im just a blaspheming 'athiest' to you, perhaps even a devil worshipper?  ::) .

There inlies the difference  :D

Whatever dude.  I don't know you from Adam (so to speak), so I don't have any opinion about you or your religious/non-religious practices (other than you sound angry and/or bitter).  The day you start having an impact on whether or not I can pay my mortgage or put food on the table, is the day I start thinking about you outside of this board.   :) 

I'm very comfortable and happy with my faith.  If you're happy with yours, or the lack thereof, then good for you.   

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2006, 08:09:34 PM »
I'm very comfortable and happy with my faith.  If you're happy with yours, or the lack thereof, then good for you.   

BB I have zero tollerance for religion and how you interpret that is entirely up to you. Christians live in fantasy land, how can you be friends with people that are convinced some guy walked on water 2000 years ago and that we were 'created'?

The homeless guy out the front of the train station who wears his manties outside his jogging pants thinks he's elvis. Im sure theres people around who believe him too.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2006, 08:15:13 PM »
BB I have zero tollerance for religion and how you interpret that is entirely up to you. Christians live in fantasy land, how can you be friends with people that are convinced some guy walked on water 2000 years ago and that we were 'created'?

The homeless guy out the front of the train station who wears his manties outside his jogging pants thinks he's elvis. Im sure theres people around who believe him too.

Dude,  you are way too angry to the point of losing any and all objectivity.   Take some deep breaths.  Chill.  Go hug a christian.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2006, 08:17:58 PM »
oh brother i will keep this short or neo will start posting links agian. you dont know if god exsists or not, nobody does if empirical evidence is what you seek. atheism is a dumb position, and i am agnostic  which indicates that because i cant know i wont pretend to know like you. you act as if you know that god does not exsist but i ask you one question i would like answered what is eternal in this universe as your explanation for exsistence?

i say your angry because your posts stink of animosity and frustration.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2006, 08:21:00 PM »
Yeah out of nowhere this guy starts labeling and putting words in everyone's mouth.  Did his Girlfriend get born again and dump him?

Is his frustration and anger stemming from never having a spiritual experience in his life like most people?

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2006, 08:24:19 PM »
Dude,  you are way too angry to the point of losing any and all objectivity.   Take some deep breaths.  Chill.  Go hug a christian.

Imagine the most religious person you can

now imagine the complete opposite

thats me  :D

can you clarify your question pole? "one question i would like answered what is eternal in this universe as your explanation for exsistence?"

Are you asking me why we exsist?  

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2006, 08:55:41 PM »
i dont like to tell people im an athiest when they talk about god, its would be like telling a kid there is no santa

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2006, 09:02:57 PM »

in one way or another, my child, everyone clings to some far fetched notion. for some, its that we are going to a paradise when we die. for others, its that their parents are perfect. for others, its that their fat ass is skinny. could be a drug addict not coping to an addiction ... whatever, its part of the human condition. to avoid haning out with them on that basis is premature

wait till they tell you about rapture for that ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2006, 12:18:46 AM »

I agree with Ozmo:  you need a hug.   :)

Hey did you know Ted Turner dumped Jane Fonda because she became a Christian?  Or so I heard.  Do you and Jane have anything in common?  :)

And if you have "zero tolerance for religion," why are you hanging around and posting on the religion board?   ???

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2006, 12:22:58 AM »
And if you have "zero tolerance for religion," why are you hanging around and posting on the religion board?   ???

Its not a religion board...its a religious discussion board

and I am the voice of reason

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2006, 12:27:19 AM »
Its not a religion board...its a religious discussion board

and I am the voice of reason

And the difference between a "religion board" and "religious discussion board" is  . . .  ? 

If you're the voice of reason then I'm Ronald Reagan. 

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2006, 12:47:19 AM »
And the difference between a "religion board" and "religious discussion board" is  . . .  ? 

Well Mr Reagan...a religious board would probably be full of god toss and pats on the back about who can quote the most awesome jesus saying. A discussion on the other hand invites opposition and creative argument.

hope this 'heps'

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2006, 01:07:21 AM »
It hasn't helped...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2006, 02:01:42 AM »
Well Mr Reagan...a religious board would probably be full of god toss and pats on the back about who can quote the most awesome jesus saying. A discussion on the other hand invites opposition and creative argument.

hope this 'heps'

Oh, you mean like the devotionals thread?   ::)  Isn't that "god toss and pats on the back and who can quote the most awesome jesus saying"?  Except for my barbs at Jag's psychobabble of course.   ;D

Call it what you want:   religion, religious, etc., whatever.  You're still spending an inordinate amount of time on a "religious discussion board," given your extreme distaste for religion.  Sort of reminds me of Eddie Murphy consistently picking up transvestite hitchhikers.   ;D

Hey it's okay to share your frustrations with religion.  No one knows your identity (at least I don't).  You never know.  You might just find your way.  Heathen. 

Kidding.   :)

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2006, 04:05:05 AM »
I'm just curious...before you press 'post' do wonder what jesus thinks of your replies?

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2006, 05:30:50 AM »
I'm just curious...before you press 'post' do wonder what jesus thinks of your replies?
If you have such a disdain for religion and a contempt for those of us who believed that a man walked on water more than 2000 years ago, I have ask you why you would then turn around and ask Beach Bum what he things Jesus would think of his posts?   ???

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2006, 05:33:55 AM »
yeah what? I asked him if he asks Jesus...not because I think his posts are unchristian, but because Im curious if he asks jesus

theres nothing to look into big guy

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2006, 06:01:31 AM »
yes im asking if god did not create us then what is your explanation for the exsistence of this universe, since it is not infinite something is eternal, so what is eternal?

your no voice of reason my friend, you are the minority and believing in no god and inprobabilities is just as much of a faith issue.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2006, 06:14:47 AM »
yes im asking if god did not create us then what is your explanation for the exsistence of this universe, since it is not infinite something is eternal, so what is eternal?

this rock we live on suits our species...thats it. we're nothing more than amoebas on a planet that is a speck in the universe. do you believe we (human mammals) are the most important thing going on in all of the trillions (for lack of a better word) of other planets? 

your no voice of reason my friend, you are the minority and believing in no god and inprobabilities is just as much of a faith issue.

minority? thats laughable. the rest of the sentence makes no sense, i'm not even sure if i answered your first question right...with all due respect is english your first language?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2006, 06:28:46 AM »
People in Australia are completely different to Americans as far as advertising their faith. I may see the odd 'fish' symbol on a car but generally christianity here is a cult.

Usually I see a cult defined as some group that "rejects the biblical teaching that salvation is a “free gift” from God by grace through faith alone.  Instead, cults and all other “religions” falsely say that people must “earn” their salvation by certain works and deeds, often works that will perpetuate the cult (this glorifies man rather than God)."

And "cults are often exclusive, centering around a strong leader (or late founder) who has the only “true” interpretations of Scripture.  Whereas Christ came to give us freedom, (Galatians 5:1), cult members are in bondage to that cult leader, with the threat that leaving the cult will cause a loss of salvation.

So I don't see how Christianity can be defined as a cult unless it's some denomination or church that claims to be Christian but really isn't.

R

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2006, 06:30:58 AM »
Usually I see a cult defined as some group that "rejects the biblical teaching that salvation is a “free gift” from God by grace through faith alone.  Instead, cults and all other “religions” falsely say that people must “earn” their salvation by certain works and deeds, often works that will perpetuate the cult (this glorifies man rather than God)."

And "cults are often exclusive, centering around a strong leader (or late founder) who has the only “true” interpretations of Scripture.  Whereas Christ came to give us freedom, (Galatians 5:1), cult members are in bondage to that cult leader, with the threat that leaving the cult will cause a loss of salvation.

So I don't see how Christianity can be defined as a cult unless it's some denomination or church that claims to be Christian but really isn't.

run lola run is a cult movie

its a loose term dont look so much into it

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2006, 06:33:31 AM »
'Born agains' are completely ridiculed and generally become outsiders to their pre 'saved' buddies, we dont tolerate that nonsense. Sure we have many thousands of christians but its a different mentality and they either keep to themselves or dont advertise the fact.

Sometimes when people here in America are born-again their pre-'saved' buddies drop them too and ridicule them.  It's hard for people that haven't had the experience to understand what has happened to them.

Also here some people are more vocal about their faith than others.  I have aquaintances that are Christian that I can't stand to be around because they seem like they are judging people sometimes and they tend to preach AT me on how I should be living my life when they, themselves are committing sins (as we ALL are every single day).  If they want to be helpful to people, fine, but don't preach AT me please! :P

R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2006, 06:35:11 AM »

I use to compete on the skateboard circuit when I was a kid. I was/still am a fan of the band Bad Religion and was wearing one of their t-shirts at a christian sponsored event and was asked to change my shirt. (I wasnt wearing the shirt intentionally...was just a t-shirt) I kindly declined their request and was promptly disqualified. You think I'd care if I was running the gig and a dude turned up to skate in a 'I love jesus' t-shirt?

This was wrong of them in my opinion.   
R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2006, 06:36:24 AM »
I wouldnt knowingly hang out with religious people, because it just 'wouldnt work out'. 

This is wrong because we would have a blast hanging out! ;D  And Jimmy could come too :D
R