Author Topic: Two questions for HUGERIPPED!!  (Read 1333 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Two questions for HUGERIPPED!!
« on: March 22, 2010, 06:24:15 PM »
So, I purchased some cookies today. 4 cookies = 1 gram of protein. Therefore, 20 cookies = 5 grams of protein.  Based on your elite knowledge of fitness, are these calculations correct? Also, does it make sense to eat 20 cookies for 5 grams of protein? Since cookies also have calories and fat, will this help me in my quest for big muscles? Also, they're mint cookies. Is mint healthy for you? I mean, mint comes from a plant (or something). Plants are natural. So, these cookies must be healthy. No?

Secondly, you said NEVER to do more than 8 reps or less than 6 reps. I did 10 reps when I was doing db presses. What will happen to my chest? Will it automatically disappear? Is this overtraining? By doing 10 reps have I increased my chance for an injury?
X

HugeRipped

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
Re: Two questions for HUGERIPPED!!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 08:23:20 PM »
It is important to chose the right foods for your protein sources. Sure, many foods contain protein but as a bodybuilder, your goal is to get protein from "lean" sources to avoid excess fat gain and promote lean muscle building. While cookies may have some protein, they most likely are calorie dense and contain a high amount of carbohydrates and trans fats. This macronutrient ratio is unsavory for a bodybuilder since the excess calories and high carbohydrate values - most of which are coming from simple sugars that spike blood sugar and thus increase lipid storage - will be stored as fat. If you enjoy mint, I suggest having some mint green tea. It is flavorful and does not need added sugar or artificial sweetener, both of which can be detrimental to maintaining low bodyfat and high muscularity. In terms of protein sources that I recommend for a bodybuilder's diet, I would suggest focusing on getting your protein from chicken, turkey, tilapia, orange roughy and mahi mahi. Salmon is very fatty and dense in excess calories providing about 800 calories per pound with the same amount of protein as the 400 calorie per pound tilapia and red meat has been proven to increase the risk of heart disease exponentially.

In terms of repititions, I suggest staying in between 6-8 reps for maximum hypertrophy as well as CNS adaptation. You will not sabotage your muscular gains overnight by accidentally going too high in repititons, but over an extended period of time you will see diminished muscle tissue hypertrophy and minimal weight progression inciting said lean mass gains. Take bodybuilding one day at a time, the perfect diet with the perfect amount of calories and protein intake, the perfect workout keeping all exercises between 6-8 reps and the perfect amount of sleep (8-10 hours). It is easier to take things day by day then becoming overwhelmed with all the aspects that bodybuilding requires. All the perfect days will become perfect months and perfect years and eventually you will reap the benefits of an impressive physique.

- HR

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 08:30:19 PM »
It is important to chose the right foods for your protein sources. Sure, many foods contain protein but as a bodybuilder, your goal is to get protein from "lean" sources to avoid excess fat gain and promote lean muscle building. While cookies may have some protein, they most likely are calorie dense and contain a high amount of carbohydrates and trans fats. This macronutrient ratio is unsavory for a bodybuilder since the excess calories and high carbohydrate values - most of which are coming from simple sugars that spike blood sugar and thus increase lipid storage - will be stored as fat. If you enjoy mint, I suggest having some mint green tea. It is flavorful and does not need added sugar or artificial sweetener, both of which can be detrimental to maintaining low bodyfat and high muscularity. In terms of protein sources that I recommend for a bodybuilder's diet, I would suggest focusing on getting your protein from chicken, turkey, tilapia, orange roughy and mahi mahi. Salmon is very fatty and dense in excess calories providing about 800 calories per pound with the same amount of protein as the 400 calorie per pound tilapia and red meat has been proven to increase the risk of heart disease exponentially.

In terms of repititions, I suggest staying in between 6-8 reps for maximum hypertrophy as well as CNS adaptation. You will not sabotage your muscular gains overnight by accidentally going too high in repititons, but over an extended period of time you will see diminished muscle tissue hypertrophy and minimal weight progression inciting said lean mass gains. Take bodybuilding one day at a time, the perfect diet with the perfect amount of calories and protein intake, the perfect workout keeping all exercises between 6-8 reps and the perfect amount of sleep (8-10 hours). It is easier to take things day by day then becoming overwhelmed with all the aspects that bodybuilding requires. All the perfect days will become perfect months and perfect years and eventually you will reap the benefits of an impressive physique.

- HR

But I already have an impressive physique, and I eat mint cookies and do 10 reps. That pokes holes in your above theories.
X

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 08:50:15 PM »
All genetics and anadrol 50.
dont forget sperm...lots and lots of sperm!!!!

bench

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 08:53:15 PM »
dont forget sperm...lots and lots of sperm!!!!

bench

Yes, and Anator-P70  :D
X

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 02:45:13 AM »
HugeRipped, how many days a week do you train, how do you split up your body parts and what general training principles do you follow? HIT? Volume? SuperSlow? Milos' Giant Sets? Dante/DoggCrap?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 02:50:48 AM »
Hugeripped just follows all the weider principles = tremendous size and strength

HugeRipped

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 11:40:41 AM »
HugeRipped, how many days a week do you train, how do you split up your body parts and what general training principles do you follow? HIT? Volume? SuperSlow? Milos' Giant Sets? Dante/DoggCrap?

The following is my training split:

Monday - Chest, Serratus, Lower Abs and Heavy Calves
Tuesday - Quads, Hamstrings, Trapezius, Upper Lats
Wednesday - Anterior and Medial Deltoids, Medium-Weight Calves, Light Forearms
Thursday - Middle Back, Lower Lats, Upper Abs, Lower Back and Spinal Erector
Friday - Biceps, Triceps, Brachialis, Heavy Forearms, Posterior Deltoids, Delt/Pec Tie-ins
Satuday and Sunday - Rest with Low Carbs and High Protein

I train heavy in the 6-8 repititions range with 9 sets for larger bodyparts and 6-7 sets for smaller body parts.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 03:03:57 PM »
The following is my training split:

Monday - Chest, Serratus, Lower Abs and Heavy Calves
Tuesday - Quads, Hamstrings, Trapezius, Upper Lats
Wednesday - Anterior and Medial Deltoids, Medium-Weight Calves, Light Forearms
Thursday - Middle Back, Lower Lats, Upper Abs, Lower Back and Spinal Erector
Friday - Biceps, Triceps, Brachialis, Heavy Forearms, Posterior Deltoids, Delt/Pec Tie-ins
Satuday and Sunday - Rest with Low Carbs and High Protein

I train heavy in the 6-8 repititions range with 9 sets for larger bodyparts and 6-7 sets for smaller body parts.

WTF!!  :o This is way too complicated for bodybuilders  :-X
X

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 03:10:54 PM »
So, I purchased some cookies today. 4 cookies = 1 gram of protein. Therefore, 20 cookies = 5 grams of protein.  Based on your elite knowledge of fitness, are these calculations correct? Also, does it make sense to eat 20 cookies for 5 grams of protein? Since cookies also have calories and fat, will this help me in my quest for big muscles? Also, they're mint cookies. Is mint healthy for you? I mean, mint comes from a plant (or something). Plants are natural. So, these cookies must be healthy. No?

Secondly, you said NEVER to do more than 8 reps or less than 6 reps. I did 10 reps when I was doing db presses. What will happen to my chest? Will it automatically disappear? Is this overtraining? By doing 10 reps have I increased my chance for an injury?
WTF is this gay shit? You're kidding, I hope!

MadeYaMelt

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 03:19:53 PM »
HugeRipped, if you bob on schmoe-cock every day of the week, will this lead to overtraining of the trapezius muscles? 

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 03:23:07 PM »
But I already have an impressive physique, and I eat mint cookies and do 10 reps. That pokes holes in your above theories.

I think HR enjoys having holes poked in his theories, if you catch my drift.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 03:26:15 PM »
I think HR enjoys having holes poked in his theories, if you catch my drift.

:D

Then he has come to the wrong forum. Oh wait, its getbig, nevermind........  :-X :-\
X

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2010, 03:27:43 PM »
Well, well......I see "Marty1964" has moved on to his next gimmick.