Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Religious Debates & Threads

The main reason(s) I stopped being a Christian

(1/3) > >>

Howard:
I have a basic belief in a divine creator aka GOD, but I stopped following any one faith or religion many years ago.
While the teachings of Jesus seem wise and decent, I don't think he was the son of GOD.

Axe71:
What do I believe

The story of Adam and Eve is the greatest love story ever told.

Adam walked into death voluntarily because of his love for Eve.  
He could have walked away.    But he chose to give up everything for his Love for her.

The fall of Adam gave to Satan the Lordship of this World.
And a great separation was now between man and GOD.   There was no way that man could find his way back to GOD.

It would take a perfect Man to stand in the place of Adam,   A second perfect man,   A son of GOD to gain back what
was lost.

Adam was a Son of GOD,   We are sons of Adam.

The only begotten Son of God,  the first born of all creation,   who was present at the formation of the worlds.
Existed in heaven beside God from the beginning.   In the old testament he is the voice in the burning bush,  who knew
Abraham and who went as the pillar of cloud in the day and by fire at night before the Israelites.

When God made a way into this world to gain you back to him.    He could not do this himself as he was Spirit.
It would take a man to do this.   It would take a Son of God to do this.    

When Jesus came through into this realm he had to be born as a man to repair what was lost.   Man is the link between heaven
and the Earth.

Jesus was not God,  but he was God's first made creation.   But through Jesus GOD made everything that was ever made.  So Jesus
was known as the master worker in heaven.   Who was continually rejoicing before GOD.  Jesus lit the light of all men.

No man has ever seen GOD or heard his voice.   But Jesus came to declare him and to show us what GOD was like.
That is your only way back to GOD.   Belief in Jesus CHRIST who GOD sent into this world.

When GOD raised the Lord Jesus he did it by the Power of the Holy Spirit which is like a river flowing out from GOD.
Jesus repaired the way back to GOD and destroyed the works of the Devil.   He gained back the Lordship that Adam had lost.

Jesus had to return to heaven so that GOD could send the Holy Spirit through him to be in you.    So now there is no condemnation and you
are never lost.   You always have access to GOD through  the Man Jesus Christ who stands as a high priest in heaven making mediation
for you daily.    He is your best friend Lord and Savior .  There is one mediator between man and GOD and that is the Lord Jesus. 

A lot of what you hear and read has been twisted by Satan to confuse you from what the first century Christians Believed.
Everything you read and hear in the world is to prevent you from ever coming to the knowledge of Jesus.  

But by his name you are saved.   He has paid in full everything for you.  It all started on a tree in the Garden of Eden and it all ended on a cross at Calvary.
 GOD defeated the Evil which rules this world there but they are not yet destroyed.    

And you need to know that we are in a War.   It is the biggest thing for you to ever find.   It is the Red Pill and the Blue Pill.  
Its a choice no one can make for you.    You have to walk through that door yourself.   And the door is the Lord Jesus.

Jesus promised that he would never leave us.    And GOD is never far from you.  

IroNat:
You think too much.

Purge_WTF:
The main reason(s) I stopped being a Christian: I watched the news for about five minutes.

Agnostic007:
One of the main reasons is I read the bible cover to cover a few times later in life. Wish I had read it for myself earlier

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version