Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Religious Debates & Threads

Interesting interaction today at the Winn Dixie.

(1/2) > >>

Agnostic007:
I was pushing my cart down the aisle of a supermarket today when a woman stopped me in passing and handed me about a 4" by 7" white card that started out with "Jesus Loves You". As she handed it to me she said "Jesus Loves You" I took a second to look at it, realized it was a Christian religious pamphlet and thinking that I didn't want her to waste something on me I was not going to read I smiled and said "Thanks but you can have it back"  and handed it to her. She acted like I had just called her a whore. As I walked away her look stuck in my mind... and I wondered if I should have just taken it and tossed it when she wasn't looking.

AbrahamG:

--- Quote from: Agnostic007 on June 18, 2019, 09:27:31 PM ---I was pushing my cart down the aisle of a supermarket today when a woman stopped me in passing and handed me about a 4" by 7" white card that started out with "Jesus Loves You". As she handed it to me she said "Jesus Loves You" I took a second to look at it, realized it was a Christian religious pamphlet and thinking that I didn't want her to waste something on me I was not going to read I smiled and said "Thanks but you can have it back"  and handed it to her. She acted like I had just called her a whore. As I walked away her look stuck in my mind... and I wondered if I should have just taken it and tossed it when she wasn't looking.

--- End quote ---

Wonder what she'd have done if I walked past her at Winn Dixie and handed her a pocket size Quran or Hadith?  Would she have been as courteous to me as you were to her?

IroNat:

--- Quote from: Agnostic007 on June 18, 2019, 09:27:31 PM ---I was pushing my cart down the aisle of a supermarket today when a woman stopped me in passing and handed me about a 4" by 7" white card that started out with "Jesus Loves You". As she handed it to me she said "Jesus Loves You" I took a second to look at it, realized it was a Christian religious pamphlet and thinking that I didn't want her to waste something on me I was not going to read I smiled and said "Thanks but you can have it back"  and handed it to her. She acted like I had just called her a whore. As I walked away her look stuck in my mind... and I wondered if I should have just taken it and tossed it when she wasn't looking.

--- End quote ---

Yep, that's what you should have done.

These people are usually either mentally ill, recovered drug addicts, or recovering from some traumatic life experience, etc.

Not worth having an altercation with.

Dos Equis:
You mean you haven't experienced this countless times in your life?  Why is this newsworthy?  It happens to me all the time.  Sometimes I take them (and later toss them).  Mostly I decline.  Takes about 2 seconds of my time. 

Agnostic007:

--- Quote from: Dos Equis on June 19, 2019, 02:48:22 PM ---You mean you haven't experienced this countless times in your life?  Why is this newsworthy?  It happens to me all the time.  Sometimes I take them (and later toss them).  Mostly I decline.  Takes about 2 seconds of my time. 

--- End quote ---

I guess, had I experienced it as much as you have, I wouldn't have mentioned it. But I didn't and I did.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version