Author Topic: Arnie telling Frank Zane "That joke"  (Read 7245 times)

doozejooze

• Getbig II
  • Get bit
Arnie telling Frank Zane "That joke"
« on: August 30, 2006, 07:47:48 PM »
At the 2003 Mr. Olympia, as Frank Zane was signing a picture for me I asked him about that photo in Arnold's encyclopedia of bodybuilding where Arnold is supposedly telling Frank a joke that disallows Frank to hit his pose correctly.

Frank said that what really happened was the following; He leaned over and asked Arnold how he felt coming back after 5 years and competing with the guys that had been busting their butts the past few years and paying their dues. Arnold hesistated a moment and right before Frank hit his pose said "It's kicking my ass, I'm tired." Frank said that answer made him laugh and at that moment the photo was taken. I thanked him for that story and Frank Zane was very gracious the entire time and told the story genuinely.

True story  D
Rectum defendere!

AVBG

Re: Arnie telling Frank Zane "That joke"
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 07:53:16 PM »
At the 2003 Mr. Olympia, as Frank Zane was signing a picture for me I asked him about that photo in Arnold's encyclopedia of bodybuilding where Arnold is supposedly telling Frank a joke that disallows Frank to hit his pose correctly.

Frank said that what really happened was the following; He leaned over and asked Arnold how he felt coming back after 5 years and competing with the guys that had been busting their butts the past few years and paying their dues. Arnold hesistated a moment and right before Frank hit his pose said "It's kicking my ass, I'm tired." Frank said that answer made him laugh and at that moment the photo was taken. I thanked him for that story and Frank Zane was very gracious the entire time and told the story genuinely.

True story  D

What a cool story..

Its great to see someone not ramlbling on.  ;D

doozejooze

• Getbig II
  • Get bit
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 08:02:58 PM »
My pleasure. I'm hoping to go again this year and view the "Gallery of Greats" once again. The Mr. Olympia expo was a dream come true. Another story-
I was getting an autograph from Ed Corney and he had his stack of photos, and next to them a photo album of his (I believe Rottweilers) dogs. He went through that whole album-the names of the dogs, pictures of his friends. It was an incredible time. In his wheelchair and everything, that guy was CLASSY.

D
Rectum defendere!

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 04:08:34 PM »
My pleasure. I'm hoping to go again this year and view the "Gallery of Greats" once again. The Mr. Olympia expo was a dream come true. Another story-
I was getting an autograph from Ed Corney and he had his stack of photos, and next to them a photo album of his (I believe Rottweilers) dogs. He went through that whole album-the names of the dogs, pictures of his friends. It was an incredible time. In his wheelchair and everything, that guy was CLASSY.

D
cool man your very lucky.
bodybuildersreality.com

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 07:01:47 PM »

True story  D

I'm glad you thought of asking Frank Zane that. Thanks for sharing.  8)

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 06:19:24 AM »
Old thread!

Would loved to meet Zane, looks like a real class act.

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 06:47:51 PM »

He is. Pretty cool cat.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 08:16:37 AM »
Old thread!

I met and trained with Zane for a few days.

I asked him about that story...he said, as it was purveyed in the mags...that Arnold disrupted his concentration...and that was the purest bucnh of bunk....that was part of A's propaganda...and tell that Arnold guy Pollux I said so.

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 04:55:51 AM »
I met and trained with Zane for a few days.

I asked him about that story...he said, as it was purveyed in the mags...that Arnold disrupted his concentration...and that was the purest bucnh of bunk....that was part of A's propaganda...and tell that Arnold guy Pollux I said so.

I'm Getbig's BIGGEST Arnold nut hugger. I don't deny that.  ;D

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 08:02:14 PM »
Zane absolutely detests Franco Columbu..hates him with a passion and says he's full of shit...said it on an interview on PBW radio

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 04:43:36 AM »
Zane absolutely detests Franco Columbu..hates him with a passion and says he's full of shit...said it on an interview on PBW radio

whats his beef with Franco? actually i dont like Franco, full of shit ::)
Thunderdome approved

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 05:25:57 AM »

Barbara Outland-Baker couldn't stand him either.  :D

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2009, 04:01:00 PM »
whats his beef with Franco? actually i dont like Franco, full of shit ::)

Zane feels Franco was beneath him in terms of physique and got many gifts from the judges due to his connection with Arnold and the magazines....He also claims Franco lies about how many times he beat Zane..Franco went around claiming that he beat Zane whenever they competed together and that there is no way Zane could ever beat him...Zane says Franco is full of shit on this and says that he beat Franco at least three or four times in all the contests they did...

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2009, 07:54:55 AM »

Zane feels Franco was beneath him in terms of physique and got many gifts from the judges due to his connection with Arnold and the magazines....He also claims Franco lies about how many times he beat Zane..Franco went around claiming that he beat Zane whenever they competed together and that there is no way Zane could ever beat him...Zane says Franco is full of shit on this and says that he beat Franco at least three or four times in all the contests they did...

the Sardinian couldm never, ever polish Zane's shoes as bb goes