Author Topic: Bodybuilding should change, like it was in the 1990's  (Read 4106 times)

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
Re: Bodybuilding should change, like it was in the 1990's
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2007, 05:48:47 PM »
Goatboy i agree with you.busyB science has evolved and should help our enviromental problems or treat diseases.Bodybuilders arent robots(maybe they are).But you are right about the money.Pros are puppets and some make serious money from all this situation...
...but most spend more money than they make because they don't get a check for making the top spots. Sad and you are right, science should help those great causes but saving the o-zone won't give me 25" arms! 8)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2007, 04:59:40 AM »
Guys,iam from Greece.We have good bodybuilders here but no pros.BB here isnt getting any attention and people dont really like it.Only few.We read your magazines and care about your bb which is at a pro level.We dont have pro shows and we dont go to pro shows(including all europe).Its you who can change it.Dont give them money,say what you want to see.You make the industry.Show your dissaproval...

Agreed....lots of potential....but wasted and not given many oportunities...

djohnsen

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2007, 06:23:44 AM »
Okay, serious post on the topic:  why does bodybuilding not seem as exciting as in in 90's? What's different?  Two words: the internet. 

In the 90's, all anyone knew about bodybuilding was what they read in the once-a-month magazines. Because these mags were professionally put together to create an "image", bodybuilding seemed like a real sport, and had sort of a mystique to it. Your information was limited, so your mind filled in the gaps with fanciful ideas that bore no semblance of the reality of the situation.  The internet has been a double-edged sword for bodybuilding...  it has raised interest, but at the same time it has exposed pro bodybuilding for the sad, pathetic reality it is. 

I agree with the original poster that there were more great physiques in the 90's, and Ron is correct that the shows/expos are a lot better now, but the real difference is the public now has "too much information" and the reality of bodybuilding just doesn't live up to the hype the mags were selling for decades.

A very good post, Goatboy!

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2007, 08:40:46 AM »
A very good post, Goatboy!

yep, I agree that the internet has ruined any mystique that used to go along with bodybuilding

The Coach

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2007, 08:52:08 AM »
Okay, serious post on the topic:  why does bodybuilding not seem as exciting as in in 90's? What's different?  Two words: the internet. 

In the 90's, all anyone knew about bodybuilding was what they read in the once-a-month magazines. Because these mags were professionally put together to create an "image", bodybuilding seemed like a real sport, and had sort of a mystique to it. Your information was limited, so your mind filled in the gaps with fanciful ideas that bore no semblance of the reality of the situation.  The internet has been a double-edged sword for bodybuilding...  it has raised interest, but at the same time it has exposed pro bodybuilding for the sad, pathetic reality it is. 

I agree with the original poster that there were more great physiques in the 90's, and Ron is correct that the shows/expos are a lot better now, but the real difference is the public now has "too much information" and the reality of bodybuilding just doesn't live up to the hype the mags were selling for decades.

Good post and I agree.

Also with the introduction of insulin and the judging criteria of bigger is better. I blame the judges for the real downfall of bodybuilding by not keeping it the way it used to be and I also blame the IFBB and any other organization that does nothing about bodybuilders who expose themselves (literally) and also do nothing about people do the G4P for example.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2007, 08:53:05 AM »
No one has died since the 90's (Momo, Muntzer)

Yes, whats up with that? We need more frequent deaths.

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2007, 09:30:03 AM »
Its funny how you guys are saying theres too much drugs now, and it shoudl go back to how it was in the 90's. From what i've read, thats when they were usin even more, including more dihuretics, which aint so good.  Get over the drug aspect, its a part of bodybuilding.

GR

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2007, 02:02:21 PM »
Beener,i never said i wanna see natural bodybuilders and i dont have a problem with the steroid use.Its not the steroids that is the problem,the pros nowadays take so many other stuff.Some of you know...They take drugs in order to sleep and to wake up,and for their blood pressure and so many,many others just for their system to work,off course not properly...Steroids is a part of bb,i agree but all that ugly shit aint...
TEAM NASSER!

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2007, 02:11:01 PM »
Back in the day there was a lot more quality physiques. Imagine this placing 8th.

I

GR

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2007, 02:16:09 PM »
Exactly Mike!
TEAM NASSER!

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2007, 04:05:10 PM »
Here's some concrete Ron...

1.If the contestant has a gut they move at least two places lower.
2.If synthol is suspected, contestant again drops at least two places.
3.If contestant has obvious injection sites, they drop at least five places.
4.If contestant is big but not very symetrical, they place lower than medium sized guys with very good balance.
5.If contestant has great balance but lacks size they place in top 10.
6.If contestant is big, but looks like qt, they get last place.

I saw pics of the montreal.  It was a travesty that alves wasn't top 5.  That freaking makes me sick, he had perfect balance, good conditioning, full muscles.  What does troy have to do to place well?

GR

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2007, 04:17:14 PM »
Very good.Also height should not matter...and i aint short :)
TEAM NASSER!

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2007, 04:55:17 AM »
bodybuilding is used by gay sects to molest and sodomize the idiots who devout every second of their life to this bizare and filthy "pastime".

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2007, 04:58:28 AM »
Beener,i never said i wanna see natural bodybuilders and i dont have a problem with the steroid use.Its not the steroids that is the problem,the pros nowadays take so many other stuff.Some of you know...They take drugs in order to sleep and to wake up,and for their blood pressure and so many,many others just for their system to work,off course not properly...Steroids is a part of bb,i agree but all that ugly shit aint...

And they didn't do that exact same thing in the 90s?  The 90's were KNOWN for pushing the limits. Thats WHY there were deaths like Munzer's and thats WHY dihuretic use has gone down.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2007, 05:02:46 AM »
Here's some concrete Ron...

1.If the contestant has a gut they move at least two places lower.
2.If synthol is suspected, contestant again drops at least two places.
3.If contestant has obvious injection sites, they drop at least five places.
4.If contestant is big but not very symetrical, they place lower than medium sized guys with very good balance.
5.If contestant has great balance but lacks size they place in top 10.
6.If contestant is big, but looks like qt, they get last place.

I saw pics of the montreal.  It was a travesty that alves wasn't top 5.  That freaking makes me sick, he had perfect balance, good conditioning, full muscles.  What does troy have to do to place well?

gut should put em last!

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2007, 08:04:42 AM »
are you sure your nostalgia isnt just a memory dipped in a dream?.  was it really all that great?