Author Topic: why don't marriages in HOLLYWOOD last long...  (Read 2990 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: why don't marriages in HOLLYWOOD last long...
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2006, 10:33:58 AM »
I have no idea, nor do I care, why Reese Witherspoon is getting a divorce.  Try reading the title of this topic.  I made a comment about why I believe Hollywood marriages don't last long. 

Well if you have no idea, perhaps it might be a good idea not to offer an opinion as to why.[/quote]

If you cannot see that a plethora of people in Hollywood do not have multiple sexual partners, jumping from mate to mate, then you are in denial.

And a plethora of people not in Hollywood, aren't behaving the same way?
Just as there are sluts in Hollywood, ...there are sluts in maintown, USA.
Just as there are virtuous moral upright people in maintown, USA, they exist in Hollywood as well.
You can't paint such broad strokes with your brush, and not expect such a ludicrous premise to go unchallenged.

Charlie Sheen, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, etc., etc.  These guys have a warped sense of morality IMO.     

Brad Pitt is actually a very moral upright guy from middle America. Very average, very normal, hardly eccentric.

As for a "sense of morality", I'd take a guy who likes to visit hookers dressed up as cheerleaders, and not afraid to stand up for himself and his beliefs, and fearlessly speak the truth, over some anally retentive homophobe who would gladly evict a widow with small kids out in the cold, ...anyday of the week. I wouldn't marry him, ...but I'd probably prefer him as a friend.

As for Tom Cruise, ...what can I say, ...before Hollywood beckoned, ...he was on his way to the priesthood.
I also think the two of you have ALOT in common.  :P
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2006, 10:36:04 AM »
The most creative people in the world are generally considered 'crazy' by regular standards. Cant expect crazy people to live happily ever after.

you got that right. So many greats were mocked by their peers.  History won't remember their average, small minded peers, tho.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2006, 10:41:11 AM »
Well if you have no idea, perhaps it might be a good idea not to offer an opinion as to why.

And a plethora of people not in Hollywood, aren't behaving the same way?
Just as there are virtuous moral upright people in maintown, USA, they exist in Hollywood as well.
You can't paint such broad strokes with your brush, and not expect such a ludicrous premise to go unchallenged.

Brad Pitt is actually a very moral upright guy from middle America. Very average, very normal, hardly eccentric.

As for a "sense of morality", I'd take a guy who likes to visit hookers dressed up as cheerleaders, and not afraid to stand up for himself and his beliefs, and fearlessly speak the truth, over some anally retentive homophobe who would gladly evict a widow with small kids out in the cold, ...anyday of the week. I wouldn't marry him, ...but I'd probably prefer him as a friend.

As for Tom Cruise, ...what can I say, ...before Hollywood beckoned, ...he was on his way to the priesthood.
I also think the two of you have ALOT in common.  :P

I offered an opinion about why I think Hollywood marriages don't last long, not about Reese Witherspoon.  But I think I said that already. 

Yes I will use the broad brush with Hollywood.  The shoe fits.  We have different opinions.  You look at Hollywood and see normalcy.  I look at Hollywood and see a morass (no pun intended). 

Brad Pitt dumped his beautiful wife and shacked up with a "bisexual" weirdo.  There is nothing moral and upright about that. 

I have nothing in common with Tom Cruise.  He's better looking than me, but I'm much bigger than he is.   :)  Plus my wife is much prettier than his girlfriend. 

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2006, 11:30:05 AM »

Agree

Brad Pitt is actually a very moral upright guy

Disagree

As for a "sense of morality", I'd take a guy who likes to visit hookers dressed up as cheerleaders, and not afraid to stand up for himself and his beliefs, and fearlessly speak the truth,

I wouldn't marry him, ...but I'd probably prefer him as a friend.

Why wouldn't you marry him Jag?

R

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2006, 12:09:04 PM »
Most of the get-togethers and marriages in Hollywood are instigated because the couple worked together on something.  Either in a movie or TV show.  When you are togther with someone like that for a month or months something is bound to happen.  Most of of the time it is just an infactuation that leads to more.  I worked on a few shows where I started to like a few people.  On Dangerous Curves I ended up seeing one of the bikini models for about a year or more.  It was later on I found out she was married.  I also ended up with a make-up girl from a show I worked on.  I even went out with a casting directors secretary before.  It just seems like you meet someone in the same industry and have the same interests and you hit it off.  But it reality it is only a temporary thing.  Till the next movie

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2006, 01:00:12 PM »
Eddie Murphy is divorced too, if anything they only hook up for publicity.then when the public is bored of them they call it quits...

Delete.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!