Author Topic: Should Cops Be Allowed to Kill for Throwing Stones?  (Read 22119 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: Should Cops Be Allowed to Kill for Throwing Stones?
« Reply #250 on: February 19, 2015, 05:42:38 PM »
Or own a gun, be a cop, etc.  

I love 240 but he'd be in a fucking pinebox within a year as a result of "overthinking" situations concerning violent, methed out mental cases who want him dead just because he carries a badge.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #251 on: February 19, 2015, 05:47:09 PM »
you can't shoot a man for reaching for his waistband.   You can't.  Let me try that shit, just open fire on any random d-bag i see who was "reaching for his waistband".  

shit, man.  You have 5 guns trained on him at this point.  he's been hit already and everyone is screaming.  You take the second to see what comes from the waistband, you clearly have the drop already.

They never stopped firing, get that... as soon as he was lined up in sights, they lit him up again.  It was just finishing the job.

Bullshit.

Already attempted deadly force + reaching for the waistband + appears to be on tweaked out on speed = drain the clip and be back home by sunset for Wednesday's meatloaf and the Season Premier of The Walking Dead.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #252 on: February 19, 2015, 05:48:14 PM »
I love 240 but he'd be in a fucking pinebox within a year as a result of "overthinking" situations concerning violent, methed out mental cases who want him dead just because he carries a badge.

Nope.  But I would know when to stop shooting.  I'd follow that textbook, just as I do in real life.  Shoot to stop the threat, then return to arrest mode.  If you put a bullet in a bad guy, you don't chase him down and put more bullets in him.  It becomes a foot chase and the same rules apply.

SO many people don't get that.  That was my beef with ferguson.  I was all for wilson capping his punk ass in the car.  But not after jogging 150 feet to "finish the job".   I was all for the cops capping this fool with rock overhead... but not after chasing his unarmed ass across a street then capping him with empty hands.

Way too much "finish him off" bullshit.  

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #253 on: February 19, 2015, 05:49:44 PM »
no, you don't.   he threw a rock and they lit him up.  Then a foot chase ensued.

You can't kill him when you catch him because "oh, he threw a rock earlier".   

it's a separate incident, and the shooting justification due to a weapon present isn't there anymore.  He's a lesser threat now.

And that's somewhat I've my question from earlier with Straw.

I can't remember as an adult anyone ever throwing rocks at me, but it could be lethal.  Of course, kids doing it on the playground wouldn't warrant deadly force.

I think if you and I shot somebody for throwing rocks at us, we'd be in a little tiny cell.  No question about it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #254 on: February 19, 2015, 05:49:58 PM »
Bullshit.

Already attempted deadly force + reaching for the waistband + appears to be on tweaked out on speed = drain the clip and be back home by sunset for Wednesday's meatloaf and the Season Premier of The Walking Dead.

that kind of macho bullshit attitude lands people in prison.  

When you carry a gun, you have to be SO careful not to use it when not needed.  This dude was surrounded, tazed, already hit from initial bullets (?), and he'd stopped running.  Unless a gun appears, you bring him to ground and arrest/EMS.

They never had anything in eyes except shooting him, tape shows it, we all know it.

Yes, that "we get home" bullshit is nice, but this man had no weapon when they shot him.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #255 on: February 19, 2015, 05:51:23 PM »
no, you don't.   he threw a rock and they lit him up.  Then a foot chase ensued.

You can't kill him when you catch him because "oh, he threw a rock earlier".   

it's a separate incident, and the shooting justification due to a weapon present isn't there anymore.  He's a lesser threat now.

are you this fucking dumb or just playing watch the video again just before he's shot his hands go forward than to his belt,they probably thought he was going for a gun.here,s a hint Pinocchio if you ever assault a cop do not reach in your pockets in your jacket or at your belt because your going to get shot

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #256 on: February 19, 2015, 05:51:32 PM »
And that's somewhat I've my question from earlier with Straw.
I can't remember as an adult anyone ever throwing rocks at me, but it could be lethal.  Of course, kids doing it on the playground wouldn't warrant deadly force.
I think if you and I shot somebody for throwing rocks at us, we'd be in a little tiny cell.  No question about it.

Yes, we would have a VERY hard time convincing the jury we were convinced the man with a rock would kill us.

Toss in the training & non-lethal tools at their disposal?  very bad.

I didn't even want to get into the argument on getbig "was the rock enough to kill the man" - obviously, it's weak soup, but I was just conceding that part to the little badge bunnies here.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #257 on: February 19, 2015, 05:59:13 PM »
that kind of macho bullshit attitude lands people in prison.  

When you carry a gun, you have to be SO careful not to use it when not needed.  This dude was surrounded, tazed, already hit from initial bullets (?), and he'd stopped running.  Unless a gun appears, you bring him to ground and arrest/EMS.

They never had anything in eyes except shooting him, tape shows it, we all know it.

Yes, that "we get home" bullshit is nice, but this man had no weapon when they shot him.

"Macho attitude"

It's a fucking violent dopehead reaching for his waistband.

Out of ALL these type situations that have been hashed out on this board THIS piece of shit should get the LEAST amount of sympathy!

At what point do you actually pull the trigger? When the culprit brandishes the weapon from his pants and the  .380 bullet literally becomes .75 seconds away from entering your skull?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #258 on: February 19, 2015, 06:01:06 PM »
"Macho attitude"

Out of ALL these type situations that have been hashed out on this board THIS piece of shit should get the LEAST amount of sympathy!

At what point do you actually pull the trigger? When the culprit brandishes the weapon from his pants and the  .380 bullet literally becomes .75 seconds away from entering your skull?

these guys have no fucking clue :o

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #259 on: February 19, 2015, 06:01:30 PM »

I have zero sympathy for this scumbag.   I am not upset he's not alive.  That's not my beef.

My beef is the cops who open fire so easily, who keep shooting so easily, who just keep creating these situations.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: February 19, 2015, 06:07:23 PM »
I have zero sympathy for this scumbag.   I am not upset he's not alive.  That's not my beef.

My beef is the cops who open fire so easily, who keep shooting so easily, who just keep creating these situations.

Didn't look like "an easy" situation to me in the least bit.

Like I stated early it looked like complete chaos.

Adrenaline rushing through the veins. Elevated levels of testosterone.

You as a police officer in that situation wouldn't know if the guy was strapped or not.

You do NOW...living in a comfortable, secure Florida neighborhood...but those guys certainly didn't.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #261 on: February 19, 2015, 06:12:51 PM »

You as a police officer in that situation wouldn't know if the guy was strapped or not.

You do NOW...living in a comfortable, secure Florida neighborhood...but those guys certainly didn't.

sounds like you're making excuses for these cops.  They're professionals.  They are trained not to lose their shit in situations like this.  There are 4+ of them against an unarmed man, and they can't get him on the floor?   

Sickening.  They're shitty cops.  Would love to see video of the 1st 3 shoots they were cleared on lol.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #262 on: February 19, 2015, 06:14:58 PM »

And if you shot somebody throwing rocks at you, do you think those cops would be your cheerleaders (not in the smart ass sense, but you get my meaning)?

Or do you think they would have you in handcuffs?

I think a double standard is a legit concern here for the use of deadly force.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: February 19, 2015, 06:21:06 PM »
sounds like you're making excuses for these cops.  They're professionals.  They are trained not to lose their shit in situations like this.  There are 4+ of them against an unarmed man, and they can't get him on the floor?  

Sickening.  They're shitty cops.  Would love to see video of the 1st 3 shoots they were cleared on lol.

If you want to be known as the guy who supported the violent meth head with a past of threatening peoples lives with guns and who reached for his waistband during a violent confrontation with the police, that's on you.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #264 on: February 19, 2015, 06:22:01 PM »

And if you shot somebody throwing rocks at you, do you think those cops would be your cheerleaders (not in the smart ass sense, but you get my meaning)?

Or do you think they would have you in handcuffs?

I think a double standard is a legit concern here for the use of deadly force.

Well take that issue up with your congressman, what the fuck do you want from me??

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: February 19, 2015, 06:28:21 PM »
Well take that issue up with your congressman, what the fuck do you want from me??

Reason, logic.

If it wouldn't rise to the level of you using lethal force to defend yourself, how can you argue that it rises to that level for the cop?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: February 19, 2015, 06:30:01 PM »
Ahh...it's been another interesting discussion on GB.

But now it's bed time for job and all that.

You all have a goodnight!

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #267 on: February 19, 2015, 06:38:35 PM »
The more I watch the video, of what this idiot did in provoking the cops, the more it looks like a case of suicide by cop. The POS just wanted to die, and didn't have the balls to do it himself.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #268 on: February 20, 2015, 09:26:36 AM »
"Macho attitude"

At what point do you actually pull the trigger? When the culprit brandishes the weapon from his pants and the  .380 bullet literally becomes .75 seconds away from entering your skull?

He just makes shit up. He writes don't use the guys past but he's more than comfortable totally creating imaginary scenarios and describing in detail the motivations of individuals.  He pulled this nonsense with Zimmerman.  He not only used Zimmerman's past but he was able to read Zimmerman's mind in order to describe exactly what Zim was feeling before, during and after shooting Martin.  He's a joke who poisons the well.

A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #269 on: February 20, 2015, 01:45:38 PM »

He just makes shit up. He writes don't use the guys past but he's more than comfortable totally creating imaginary scenarios and describing in detail the motivations of individuals.  He pulled this nonsense with Zimmerman.  He not only used Zimmerman's past but he was able to read Zimmerman's mind in order to describe exactly what Zim was feeling before, during and after shooting Martin.  He's a joke who poisons the well.

All the time. 

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #270 on: February 20, 2015, 11:20:01 PM »
Viral video of Pasco police shooting doesn’t count as evidence, police say

PASCO, Washington– Police in Pasco, Washington, say they don’t know who filmed the viral video that showed three officers fatally shooting an unarmed Mexican man last week, nor the device the person used, so they can’t use it as evidence.

“It’s not enough for us to take [it] from YouTube,” said Ken Lattin, a spokesperson for the Kennewick Police Department. “It has to be preserved forensically in order to be admitted as evidence.”

Lattin urged the person who shot the video to come forward.

Other footage may prove more useful. The three officers involved in the death of Antonio Zambrano-Montes were wearing microphones at the time, Lattin said, and there is dashcam video of the incident.

http://fusion.net/story/51683/police-say-they-cant-use-viral-video-of-pasco-shooting-as-evidence/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #271 on: February 20, 2015, 11:39:09 PM »
\Lattin urged the person who shot the video to come forward.

LOL... sounds like a recipe for the video donor being stopped/ searched/ beaten/ wasted in about 2 weeks.

I'd be using a lawyer to turn that shit in.  Reaching anywhere near the waist, even for a phone, those cops might get all bullety.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #272 on: February 21, 2015, 08:21:31 AM »
LOL... sounds like a recipe for the video donor being stopped/ searched/ beaten/ wasted in about 2 weeks.

I'd be using a lawyer to turn that shit in.  Reaching anywhere near the waist, even for a phone, those cops might get all bullety.

240's fate within a few months of being a police officer.  :D

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #273 on: February 21, 2015, 08:33:42 AM »
240's fate within a few months of being a police officer.  :D

just what i said earlier 240 does't have a clue on this subject

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #274 on: February 21, 2015, 11:23:30 AM »
you gotta know when to shoot... know when to hold em.... know when to walk away... know when to run