Author Topic: Cheney: Iraq withdrawal will "waste" US sacrifices.  (Read 748 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Cheney: Iraq withdrawal will "waste" US sacrifices.
« on: June 29, 2009, 11:34:01 AM »
Obama stuck with the bush/Gates agreement with iraq for withdrawal. 

"CTers" on the forum have been saying for a year that june 30, 09 was exit date, even if others called them nuts.  Seems iraq didn't budge - they're kicking us out...

EXCLUSIVE: Cheney fears Iraq withdrawal will 'waste' U.S. sacrifices
Richard Tomkins and Joseph Weber (Contact)

Former Vice President Dick Cheney on Monday said he is concerned about U.S. forces withdrawing from Iraqi cities within 24 hours.

Mr. Cheney told The Washington Times' America's Morning News radio show that he is a strong believer in Gen. Ray Odierno, commander of U.S. forces in Iraq, and that the general is doing what needs to be done.

"But what he says concerns me: That there is still a continuing problem. One might speculate that insurgents are waiting as soon as they get an opportunity to launch more attacks.

"I hope Iraqis can deal with it. At some point they have to stand on their own. But I would not want to see the U.S. waste all the tremendous sacrifice that has gotten us to this point."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jun/29/cheney-...

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: Cheney: Iraq withdrawal will "waste" US sacrifices.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 11:39:28 AM »
Obama stuck with the bush/Gates agreement with iraq for withdrawal. 

"CTers" on the forum have been saying for a year that june 30, 09 was exit date, even if others called them nuts.  Seems iraq didn't budge - they're kicking us out...

EXCLUSIVE: Cheney fears Iraq withdrawal will 'waste' U.S. sacrifices
Richard Tomkins and Joseph Weber (Contact)

Former Vice President Dick Cheney on Monday said he is concerned about U.S. forces withdrawing from Iraqi cities within 24 hours.

Mr. Cheney told The Washington Times' America's Morning News radio show that he is a strong believer in Gen. Ray Odierno, commander of U.S. forces in Iraq, and that the general is doing what needs to be done.

"But what he says concerns me: That there is still a continuing problem. One might speculate that insurgents are waiting as soon as they get an opportunity to launch more attacks.

"I hope Iraqis can deal with it. At some point they have to stand on their own. But I would not want to see the U.S. waste all the tremendous sacrifice that has gotten us to this point."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jun/29/cheney-...

Where have we gotten Rob? ???
I hate the State.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 11:53:11 AM »
The country has no doubtably improved.  When I talk to vets that served in Iraq they say how totally backward the country is.  Many people didn't have electricity.  The money and power were with so few people, these asshole leaders let their countrymen live in poverty and stupidity while they horded oil monies.  The semi-democratic process is truely great for that country.  The guys that went back in the last 2 years said there has been a ton of progress and improvements in sanitation, utilities and basic convienences in many of the cities.

That being said, we have to get out of there.  We don't (and never had) the money for that war and shouldn't have been there in the first place.  We can't stay there forever either.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 12:35:27 PM »
For some reason I suspect Cheney is more concerned about the loss of contracts, $$$ for his companies/cronies etc.. than the actual sacrifices by military men/women and their families.

Call me cynical but it's just a hunch

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 12:59:18 PM »
I just want this guy to shut the fuck up.  Even if the rest of what he says by a miracle I agree with, I don't want to read or hear from this guy for at least a few years.  The ass has been more public than he was during the entire Bush presidency and yet he managed on earning the nickname of Darth Vader in hiding for 8 years.  The guy need to stfu and go away for a spell.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 01:17:44 PM »
For some reason I suspect Cheney is more concerned about the loss of contracts, $$$ for his companies/cronies etc.. than the actual sacrifices by military men/women and their families.

OK, you are cynical.
I hate the State.

the_steevo_uk

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 01:30:08 PM »
Gotta be honest I don't really care what Cheney says anymore.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 02:04:57 PM »
Straw, I don't think its so much about the contracts...I think its about defending his decision to go in there.
Cheney was a big disappointment.  The guy is smart, and has a ton of experience as he served in high level Washington positions for many many years advising multiple presidents.  He just seemed like he didn't care what people thought of him or the way he handled national issues.  Came across very poorly on camera when we did hear from him. 

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 02:15:47 PM »
He just seemed like he didn't care what people thought of him or the way he handled national issues.  Came across very poorly on camera when we did hear from him. 

kinda goes against that whole democracy dealie he keeps going to war for no?
carpe` vaginum!

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 02:23:49 PM »

How much did his company make from this war?

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 03:44:21 PM »
Probably a lot but at this point, I still think its about defending his decisions and questioning his judgements, especially at his age and being through a lot of negative press for the last 4-8 yrs, can't imagine how that must weigh on a person.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 04:20:21 PM »
He's not loosing anything, and we're not going anywhere. They moved up my deployment from next year to Nov. According to the folks we're replacing, they're doing alot of FOB sitting. So it will be 3 square meals...and plenty of gym time.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 05:03:58 PM »
But I would not want to see the U.S. waste all the tremendous sacrifice that has gotten us to this point."

Thats the quote, nor ur BS. What gives 240. I guess ur looking for a job with Barry.
L

Purge_WTF

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 05:21:28 PM »
Gotta be honest I don't really care what Cheney says anymore.

This.