Author Topic: Is Stereotype not Just a Dirty Word for Pattern Recognition Within a Population?  (Read 2239 times)

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
for example.....are not most stereotypes grounded in a degree of truth......if i was to comment that people from Puerto Rico always fly in hot air balloons or that Irish people always eat potato chips......I would be labled silly, because we can all agree that these have not been commonly observed behavioral patterns within these groups........but if i said that Ruerto Rican chicks had big asses and bigger mouths and that Irish people are known to get drunk and fight......i would be accused of stereotyping......even though all i actually did was recognize an oftern occuring pattern within these populations......Of course all Puerto Rican chicks dont necessarily have big mouths and asses, likewise; all Irish are not belligerent drunks......there will always be outliers within any bell curve.......but is it really wrong to say.......well, for example......observe the following.......... :) :)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
what is this method GNA anyways?

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
hahahaha i love that clip, no chicken??? or they are just out of chicken?? hahaa

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
hahahaha i love that clip, no chicken??? or they are just out of chicken?? hahaa

whats so great to me is at the end.....the guy goes...."its not that i am mad as much as i am dissappointed........we were really looking forward to this"......i liked that

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."

Everyone was very polite. 

Gotta love the one chick, though, who said she can't feed her kids cuz Popeye's ran out of chicken. 

Pick up a skillet, bitch! 

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
"they should have had a tractor trailer out back with some chicken on ice".......LOL

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
whats so great to me is at the end.....the guy goes...."its not that i am mad as much as i am dissappointed........we were really looking forward to this"......i liked that

hahaha especially "forward to this day" behind it. as it was some kind of disney land visit.

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
hahaha especially "forward to this day" behind it. as it was some kind of disney land visit.

i know....think of that........there have been times in my life where i was looking foreward to taking some girl to a nice resturant, and maybe it was all booked.......it wouldnt have affected me in the slightest.......but that guy almost had an emotional tie to that chicken

what i also loved, is picture these progressive white-guilt laden reporters that got sent on assignment there.......they probably waited there hours, praying to god that a car with a white person in it showed up so they didnt look like racist assholes......they probably sat for 3-4 hours with their fingers crossed..........not one whitey :) :)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
....they probably sat for 3-4 hours with their fingers crossed..........not one whitey :) :)

All the white folks knew to avoid that whole city block on $4.99 8-piece bucket day.   :D

"Now Johnny, if you spot a black person with a 5-dollar bill in his hand, you cross the street immediately, ok?"

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
All the white folks knew to avoid that whole city block on $4.99 8-piece bucket day.   :D

"Now Johnny, if you spot a black person with a 5-dollar bill in his hand, you cross the street immediately, ok?"

not even.......they were actually running a deal where free chicken was being given out.........they probabaly befell on that establishment like locusts ;) ;)

lax

• Getbig IV
If you walk through a tightly-packed crowd of latino girls
when you come thru the other side
you will be holding a baby by the hand

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!

Tre, you know all the crackers were at KFC.... ;D

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
If you walk through a tightly-packed crowd of latino girls
when you come thru the other side
you will be holding a baby by the hand

he isnt joking either.......i've seen it happen ;) ;)