Author Topic: im addicted to sleeping pills? help  (Read 4436 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: im addicted to sleeping pills? help
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2008, 10:22:14 AM »

Grab a good ol' King James Bible, seek the Lord, and repent of your sins.

The Devil will try to steal your life with those pills. He is a thief...

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:
I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it
more abundantly. – John 10:10 (KJV)

Remember, any drug abused to get high, etc. is a form of sorcery...
(SEE: SORCERY & DRUGS - http://www.musclemissions.org/public/94.cfm )

Only God can give you the peace that you seek.

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
- Matthew 11:28 (KJV)

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,
Dennis

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2008, 10:36:50 AM »

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,
Dennis

LISTEN TO THE LYRICS

:-*

Sassyclassywoman

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2008, 12:06:37 PM »
Try to stay up as long as possible until you want to go to sleep (lets say 9 pm).  Take a valerian root and serotonin supplement.  Turn off all lights and wait.  It will happen.   oh and stop taking all caffeine products.

ambian is my devil, my monkey devil screetching in my ear everynightn...fo away monkyee devil let me sleep@!!@!@@!

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2008, 12:16:07 PM »
typically a problem with serotonin. 

if it is poor serotonin production in your brain, then meletonin, tryptophan, GHB, etc. will help

if your serotonin reuptake cycle is off, it won't help to increase serotonin as you won't utilize it properly.

if the first products don't help, maybe try L-tyrosine, 5HTP, omega 3s,  or last resort an SSRI such as celexa or sertraline. (SSRIs are prescription depression meds that work on increasing serotonin utilization).

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2008, 12:21:22 PM »

sure, and if you are diabetic, don't take insulin, just read this fairy tale.

and if you are hungry, don't eat, just read this fairy tale.

and if you have any other medical condition, don't treat it, just pick up a book of bullshit and you'll be all better. ::)

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2008, 12:25:36 PM »
Read bluto's defense on why he should mod the MMA board....oh wait...that'll probably keep you laughing  all night.

Lets try again

Any one of bluto's naturalfag83's drivel about the recent hazard(s) he went through.
Lights out

;D

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2008, 12:40:32 PM »
Here's a few suggestions since I suffered with this for a while.
1. Get off your sleep meds gradually and switch to other stuff. Tylenol PM.  if your anxious..occasional use of zanax at .5 to 1 mg. Never use the zanax for more than 3 days in a row.
2. After you wean off the sleep meds, buy Nutra spray Melatonin by Source Natural. This stuff is amazing- 3 or 4 sublingual sprays under my tongue puts me out.
3. Buy the extra strength Kava Root from Gaia herbs. It is a liquid tincture. Put 4 dropperfuls in a small amount of water and drink before bed.
4. Try not to ingest anything with caffeine after 2:00 pm.
5. If you drink red wine, a couple of glasses before bed helps.
6. Be patient..it will take time to get back to normal. Try reading before bed as well. Good Luck. This is what i do every night and I haven't had a problem in years. If I don't sleep well 2 nights in a row. I do the zanax for 3 nights, otherwise I take no meds.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2008, 02:43:35 PM »
I didn't mean that it's quickly addictive. It also has a very short half-life which makes it less likely to cause dependency very quickly. But Ambien essentially works like Benzo's and these types of drugs are the hardest to stop out of all drugs if you have become dependent. My point was that Ambien "addiction" isn't unheard of.

why do people call benzos gabaergics?  gaba agonists, it is true that ambien is, but benzos? no? they work on the gaba receptor complex, at the benzodiazepine site, increasing chloride influx at the gaba post synaptic channel hyperpolarizing the cell, making excitation harder. Just an observation. They dont directly increase or decrease gaba per se.

but yes ambien is addictive, people need to realize that there is both physical and psychological addiction. Physical can occur wether the effects are pleasurable or not, just like god will burn you in hell regardless if you are a good person or not. Both can be classified as benevolent and caring if you take the argument to its logical conclusion.

your suggestions are great, traz would be my go to as it has positive effects on SWS, but my favorite is pregabalin as it uniquely alters voltage gated calcium channels, reducing excitatory neuros like glutamate and have an awesome impact on sleep architecture and quality. Super expensive though, serequel is some nasty shit, you try it before? You could really go to some of the TCA's or neuroleptics here but i doubt anyone wants that.

Traz or bust is my suggestion. Traz concunrrently with ambien taper. Avoid alcohol during the taper.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2008, 02:45:50 PM »
Here's a few suggestions since I suffered with this for a while.
1. Get off your sleep meds gradually and switch to other stuff. Tylenol PM.  if your anxious..occasional use of zanax at .5 to 1 mg. Never use the zanax for more than 3 days in a row.
2. After you wean off the sleep meds, buy Nutra spray Melatonin by Source Natural. This stuff is amazing- 3 or 4 sublingual sprays under my tongue puts me out.
3. Buy the extra strength Kava Root from Gaia herbs. It is a liquid tincture. Put 4 dropperfuls in a small amount of water and drink before bed.
4. Try not to ingest anything with caffeine after 2:00 pm.
5. If you drink red wine, a couple of glasses before bed helps.
6. Be patient..it will take time to get back to normal. Try reading before bed as well. Good Luck. This is what i do every night and I haven't had a problem in years. If I don't sleep well 2 nights in a row. I do the zanax for 3 nights, otherwise I take no meds.

great advice.

Definately try reading a good book or drinking some wine.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2008, 02:49:01 PM »
i take melatonin sometimes benadryl before bed...

but what really puts me to sleep is a joint, a big meal, then laying down with my eyes closed and listening to senate or congressional hearings on c-span..    8)

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2008, 03:08:01 PM »
ambian is my devil, my monkey devil screetching in my ear everynightn...fo away monkyee devil let me sleep@!!@!@@!

TRY TAKING SOMATOMAX BY HI-TECH, IT PUTS ME DOWN AT NIGHT.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2008, 03:11:11 PM »
Go cry to a drug counselor, addicted to sleeping pills ::) Lets have a pity party for nyclown!
I am a big baby

shadowpilot

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2008, 03:12:05 PM »
WTF?  How can you become "addicted" to sleeping pills?  It's not like you get high like it's a pain pill or something. I've taken Ambien before, and I don't get it...  becoming addicted to that would be like becoming addicted to aspirin or rolaids.  ::)

I cant speak for everyone, but I just got some ambien in Iraq and no I havent been able to drink or do anything exciting for the last 5 months.... But I stayed awake on ambien and i felt drunk it was amazing. A friend and i took a few and went for a walk, i barly remmember the night it was alot of fun. To be completly honest i dont use them for sleeping at all, i feel like im wasting a good buzz sleeping on em. I usually take them and go out for a walk or chat online. Its just wierd because i dont remmember anything when I wake up.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2008, 03:13:23 PM »
I cant speak for everyone, but I just got some ambien in Iraq and no I havent been able to drink or do anything exciting for the last 5 months.... But I stayed awake on ambien and i felt drunk it was amazing. A friend and i took a few and went for a walk, i barly remmember the night it was alot of fun. To be completly honest i dont use them for sleeping at all, i feel like im wasting a good buzz sleeping on em. I usually take them and go out for a walk or chat online. Its just wierd because i dont remmember anything when I wake up.
Go huff some paint w/Johnny Falcon while you are at it ::) People are idiots!!
I am a big baby

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2008, 03:14:11 PM »
Go cry to a drug counselor, addicted to sleeping pills ::) Lets have a pity party for nyclown!

hahaha, thanks for all your advices guys....There are a lot of getbiggers up around 4 am, there must be a lot of us out there.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2008, 03:37:53 PM »
typically a problem with serotonin. 

if it is poor serotonin production in your brain, then meletonin, tryptophan, GHB, etc. will help

if your serotonin reuptake cycle is off, it won't help to increase serotonin as you won't utilize it properly.

if the first products don't help, maybe try L-tyrosine, 5HTP, omega 3s,  or last resort an SSRI such as celexa or sertraline. (SSRIs are prescription depression meds that work on increasing serotonin utilization).

your wrong on almost everything you said. GHB doesnt effect serotonin and is prescription for cataplexy, it has its own endogenous receptor. The first two may help with melatonin being the best. L-tyrosine effects dopamine and noepinephrine, excitatory NT's, it will keep you awake. SSRIS are known to cause insomnia and poor sleep quality.They do not help nor are they prescribed for insomnia, possibly if he has an anxiety disorder, even then they still make sleeping harder.

Melatonin, GABA, valerian with phenibut being the best non script treatment. Proper sleep hygiene is paramount.

If you want to prove me wrong post a picture of you hitting a front double bi with zoloft spread across your chest.

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2008, 03:47:07 PM »
I took an Ambien and stayed awake once.

Clothes on my dresser were writhing like snakes.

It was pretty cool.
☠ Order of Nephilim

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2008, 03:50:06 PM »
have your boyfriend toss your salad untill you pass out.

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2008, 04:01:16 PM »
I took an Ambien and stayed awake once.

Clothes on my dresser were writhing like snakes.

It was pretty cool.

yea that happens if you stay awake on ambien...if your on the computer you see people moving in pictures and stuff....scary if its some ugly getbigger.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2008, 04:26:06 PM »
2 OR 3 BUD ICE LIGHT  8)
175lbs by 31st July

shadowpilot

• Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2008, 04:33:43 PM »
Go huff some paint w/Johnny Falcon while you are at it ::) People are idiots!!

lol taking ambien and forcing urself to stay awake is nothing like huffing. why so much hostility? lol, its not like im going out drinking on sleeping pills and driving... And after reading a few more of the posts im clearly not the only one who has noticed how crazy things get after you dont go to sleep.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2008, 04:36:26 PM »
Learn to deal with it, somehow.
I hate the State.

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2008, 04:38:06 PM »
Someone said wine; that sounds like a good answer to me.

Ease off the Zolps, and sip some Zin. : )

You could always just ask a pharmacist or doctor about the best way to stop.
I'm sure they deal with questions like that all the time. Don't feel embarrassed.
☠ Order of Nephilim

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2008, 04:51:14 PM »
thanks for the help guys,Im not really that bad off, didnt think the thread would stick, just going through a tough time....but i think its time to help Jimmy Thompson,,,i was never a fan of his posts but the board should support him, nobody deserves to be sick...I hate cancer, I dont know why they cant find a cure.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2008, 06:25:53 PM »
Why not trying dealing with anxiety? Try taking deeper breaths and not worrying. Insomnia is almost always caused by anxiety or poor habits.

If you need to get off them, then suck it for a week and don't take them. Suffer by trying to sleep without the pills if you have to. Doesn't matter if you have big issues the next day, just don't take the pills to bring sleep. Instead, just suck it up until you get into a good and timely habit of falling asleep without that shit.