Author Topic: Fucking Google  (Read 2173 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Fucking Google
« on: January 15, 2014, 08:21:06 AM »
I was actually going to buy two NEST thermostats for my home this month until I found out google just bought them.  Now I'm not.  Thanks google for fucking shit up and destroying another great company.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
Re: Fucking Google
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 08:41:55 AM »
Will these machines allow me to change the temperature in getbigger's houses from my phone?

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 08:49:39 AM »
Will these machines allow me to change the temperature in getbigger's houses from my phone?

It will actually allow you to burn them down.

Uncle Junior

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 08:52:50 AM »

Dare I ask what exactly is a "NEST thermostat"? I was going to Google it, but under the circumstances I think that my be inappropriate and I don't want to hurt OP's feelings any further.  :)

dustin

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 09:06:54 AM »
Why are people so pessimistic? Is it just a mob mentality where people blindly agree with others and go on a witch hunt? The NSA and other people are tracking everything for more nefarious purposes. If Google wants to make money off us, I really don't care anymore. I love my Android and Google services. It makes my life exponentially better. I love using things like Google Nav and Maps when I'm out of town - that alone makes it worth things.

If they want to create a better user experience by tracking things, I'd say I'd prefer Google to do that above anyone else. They know how to make the experience transparent but meaningful to end users. If they don't do it, someone else will. So we might as well deal with it or stop using all their services.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 09:23:30 AM »
I was actually going to buy two NEST thermostats for my home this month until I found out google just bought them.  Now I'm not.  Thanks google for fucking shit up and destroying another great company.

How has google destoyed Nest?
Y

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 09:32:05 AM »
Why are people so pessimistic? Is it just a mob mentality where people blindly agree with others and go on a witch hunt? The NSA and other people are tracking everything for more nefarious purposes. If Google wants to make money off us, I really don't care anymore. I love my Android and Google services. It makes my life exponentially better. I love using things like Google Nav and Maps when I'm out of town - that alone makes it worth things.

If they want to create a better user experience by tracking things, I'd say I'd prefer Google to do that above anyone else. They know how to make the experience transparent but meaningful to end users. If they don't do it, someone else will. So we might as well deal with it or stop using all their services.
Meltdown
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 09:47:04 AM »
How has google destoyed Nest?

Give it a few months for them to sink their teeth into it.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 09:55:11 AM »
Give it a few months for them to sink their teeth into it.

What will they do?
Y

dustin

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 10:12:36 AM »
Meltdown

Haha naw, it's the opposite of a meltdown. Everyone else is melting down over spying and espionage when they don't understand that we'll never escape it. Even if/when changes are made to the NSA, they'll still have their dragnets capturing damn near every packet of data. It's foolish to think that we won't be spied on, so we might as well chill out about it.

I'm sure small improvements will be made but the NSA is deceptive as fuck. If you check out Ars Technica's site they have pieces about the crazy technology they use. They implant chips into computers and peripherals that inject code into the BIOS of computers, or connect OFFLINE devices to the internet, etc. It's insane. Crazier than science fiction. They have some serious geniuses working for them, but it's ironic that the NSA hasn't stopped any terrorist attacks and couldn't stop a nerd from stealing a shitload of incriminating trade secrets.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 10:57:56 AM »
google is not necesarily meaning bad, this buying companies is a trick to blow up the shares.

but ofc they will destroy these companies.

;D
n