Author Topic: Phil Heaths Advice for GETBIG  (Read 13580 times)

Simple Simon

Re: Phil Heaths Advice for GETBIG
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2014, 12:00:31 AM »
The blind eye suits every time. The only actual tested O was in 1990 and then they quit. They later started testing for diuretics, Jay failed the test and was disqualified so he got a good lawyer and was going to challenge it in court but the IFBB backed down. If they went before the judge and Jay revealed how clearly they don't test events the IFBB wouldve folded quick. Singling out Phil is pointless.
Im not singliing him out, Im lumping them all in.

Now do you think that the figurehead for an organisation that is anti drugs should be taking drugs?

TristenEsco

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • #SHREDZARMY
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2014, 12:03:55 AM »
Im not singliing him out, Im lumping them all in.

Now do you think that the figurehead for an organisation that is anti drugs should be taking drugs?

Given the circumstances I just explained in my last 3 post, yes.

Simple Simon

« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2014, 12:04:57 AM »
Given the circumstances I just explained in my last 3 post, yes.
Wow, amazing.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2014, 12:06:06 AM »
Wow, amazing.

Does not matter what you say.he will stick up for bodybuilders no matter whst.
X

Simple Simon

« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2014, 12:07:00 AM »
Does not matter what you say.he will stick up for bodybuilders no matter whst.
His decision isnt based on logic.

TristenEsco

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • #SHREDZARMY
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2014, 12:08:18 AM »
I never said it was politically correct. But this is the playing field. Period. Where is the lack of logic?

Simple Simon

« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2014, 12:11:27 AM »
I never said it was politically correct. But this is the playing field. Period. Where is the lack of logic?
An organisation who pride themselves in being anti drugs and sing it from the rooftops and test and ban athletes then allow a known drug user to be the public face of that organisation.

Thats not logical.

You belive that to be acceptable, therefore your opinion isnt logical.

IronMeister

• Getbig IV
  • Übermacht
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2014, 12:19:14 AM »

TristenEsco

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • #SHREDZARMY
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2014, 12:28:57 AM »
An organisation who pride themselves in being anti drugs and sing it from the rooftops and test and ban athletes then allow a known drug user to be the public face of that organisation.

Thats not logical.

You belive that to be acceptable, therefore your opinion isnt logical.

A few manuels posted online for legal purposes is hardly singing from the rooftops. Please show me 1 pro who has been banned or tested for peds. Singling out any athletes is opening themselves up for a big lawsuit. And when everyone on your level is using the rule is curved which makes it only logical to use in order to be competitive.

Simple Simon

« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2014, 12:33:12 AM »
A few manuels posted online for legal purposes is hardly singing from the rooftops. Please show me 1 pro who has been banned or tested for peds. Singling out any athletes is opening themselves open for a big lawsuit. And when everyone on your level is using the rule is curved which makes it only logical to use in order to be competitive.

So if we were to ask Jim Manion what was the IFBBs stance on drug use was , what do you think he would say?
"Well,we have some documents online for legal purposes but really we dont care what our athletes do"

Its not about singling out athletes its sticking to its clearly laid out rules.

Simple Simon

« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2014, 12:37:23 AM »
IFBB PRESS RELEASE REGARDING DRUG TESTS!

November 20, 2001

•With all of the hype, rumors and story on two athlete's testing positive at the 2001 Mr. Olympia, namely Jay Cutler, and Markus Ruhl, there was lots of rumors that these two athletes would be disqualified. While Markus Ruhl would not stand to lose any money, Jay Cutler, who could of been named Mr. Olympia, would lose his second place ranking, $60,000, and be forced to requalify for next year's Olympia. Needless to say, none of that will happen now, as the IFBB has made an official response to all that was going on. Here is there response, from Wayne DeMilia, chairman of the IFBB Pro Division, and Jim Manion, chairman of IFBB Judges Committee.
Subsequent to the mandatory drug tests that took place at the Olympia Weekend of October 26/27, 2001, the IFBB was informed that two samples had tested positive for banned diuretics. As a result of this information, the IFBB took the initiative to scrupulously examine the drug-testing procedures that took place at and around the 2001 Olympia Weekend. After completing this investigation, the IFBB is confident that each and every one of the steps called for in the protocol of drug testing were meticulously followed at the event itself. However, as part of this investigation, it was discovered that the world-renowned laboratory employed by the IFBB is no longer designated as an official accredited lab by the International Olympic Committee. When the IFBB commenced its relationship with this highly reputable lab several years ago it was an IOC-accredited lab.

As the IFBB's Doping Control Policy calls for all testing to be undertaken by an IOC-accredited lab, the IFBB, committed to following the highest ethical standards, has no option but to declare the drug testing results from the 2001 Olympia Weekend null and void. Those athletes who had been informed that they had tested positive, Jay Cutler and Markus Ruhl, will keep their original 2001 Mr. Olympia placings of second and 14th, respectfully, and retain all relevant medals, privileges and prize money applicable to their placings.

We consider this decision to be one based on a pure technicality and in no way reflects on the integrity of the lab used by the IFBB, nor does it question the testing procedure followed by the IFBB at the 2001 Olympia Weekend. The IFBB is committed to following its official federation guidelines and bylaws to the letter. As a result, the IFBB officially announces that all future IFBB drug testing will be carried out under the auspices of an IOC-accredited lab to be determined before the commencement of the 2002 season.

With this decision, the IFBB reaffirms its strong commitment to the Olympic ideal of unity through sport, and fair and balanced treatment of all athletes

lol.

TristenEsco

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • #SHREDZARMY
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2014, 12:38:00 AM »
So if we were to ask Jim Manion what was the IFBBs stance on drug use was , what do you think he would say?
"Well,we have some documents online for legal purposes but really we dont care what our athletes do"

Did you read the part where I just said sticking to the rules opens them up for lawsuits that could lead to them being put out of business? This is beyond what's politically correct.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2014, 12:40:00 AM »
lol.

lol at trying everything in their power to find  a loophole.
X

Simple Simon

« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2014, 12:40:49 AM »
Did you read the part where I just said sticking to the rules opens them up for lawsuits that could lead to them being put out of business? This is beyond what's politically correct.

Are you serious?
Sticking to the rules PROTECTS them from lawsuits.

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2014, 12:41:30 AM »

Like he said, hardly singing it from the rooftops

TristenEsco

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • #SHREDZARMY
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2014, 12:43:17 AM »
Are you serious?
Sticking to the rules PROTECTS them from lawsuits.

Why do you think Jay Cutler got off? Because a lawyer could easily expose their drug regulations as a farce and have them shut down. So they will not challenge any athletes.

Simple Simon

« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2014, 12:43:22 AM »
lol at trying everything in their power to find  a loophole.
Yep, the lab isnt a recognised lab, we dont cast any doubt on the labs ability yet we will ignore the labs results because it doesnt fit our agenda.

As a result, the IFBB officially announces that all future IFBB drug testing will be carried out under the auspices of an IOC-accredited lab to be determined before the commencement of the 2002 season.

With this decision, the IFBB reaffirms its strong commitment to the Olympic ideal of unity through sport, and fair and balanced treatment of all athletes

Now, where are all the test results from the Olympias since 2001?

Simple Simon

« Reply #92 on: August 11, 2014, 12:46:00 AM »
Why do you think Jay Cutler got off? Because a lawyer could easily expose their drug regulations as a farce and have them shut down. So they will not challenge any athletes.

http://www.ifbb.com/pdf/2012_IFBB_Anti-Doping_Summary.xls

TristenEsco

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • #SHREDZARMY
« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2014, 12:53:28 AM »
http://www.ifbb.com/pdf/2012_IFBB_Anti-Doping_Summary.xls

I have no idea if any of those people from Ecuador, Russia or Ukraine took their cases to court. But I know Jay did, and we see what that resulted in..them changing their story.

Simple Simon

« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2014, 12:57:30 AM »
I have no idea if any of those people from Ecuador, Russia or Ukraine took their cases to court. But I know Jay did, and we see what that resulted in..them changing their story.
So you are saying a competitor entering a drug tested event could then simply take the organisation to court should he fail the test?

Shame no one let Ben Johnson know about this "loophole"

TristenEsco

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • #SHREDZARMY
« Reply #95 on: August 11, 2014, 01:01:33 AM »
So you are saying a competitor entering a drug tested event could then simply take the organisation to court should he fail the test?

Shame no one let Ben Johnson know about this "loophole"

Ben Johnson wasn't in the IFBB an org with much obvious different standards. And yes that's precisely what I'm saying and the reason why they dont even bother testing. At least not in the states.

Simple Simon

« Reply #96 on: August 11, 2014, 01:05:03 AM »
Ben Johnson wasn't in the IFBB an org with much obvious different standards. And yes that's precisely what I'm saying and the reason why they dont even bother testing. At least not in the states.

So, we have sort of come full circle.
An organisation that tests some athletes but not others yet prides itself on Olympic values.

Now, if the said champion* of that organisation isnt morally sound than I suppose its to be expected.

Good discussion mate.   ;)

PS *Im not singling any athlete out here, just anyone wearing the crown.

TristenEsco

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • #SHREDZARMY
« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2014, 01:07:09 AM »
So, we have sort of come full circle.
An organisation that tests some athletes but not others yet prides itself on Olympic values.

Now, if the said champion* of that organisation isnt morally sound than I suppose its to be expected.

Good discussion mate.   ;)

PS *Im not singling any athlete out here, just anyone wearing the crown.

Agreed, taking my ass to bed lol

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2014, 01:14:52 AM »
I wish drug addicts gave out more advice on life.
P

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: August 11, 2014, 01:19:50 AM »
:D :D

The Trainer knows how to get shit done!!