Author Topic: Bodybuilders are Gross  (Read 19726 times)

Alfurinn

• Getbig III
Re: Bodybuilders are Gross
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2016, 09:36:58 PM »
What's wee Kai up to now?  Auditioning for the role of the Gimp in the all schwinging, all air-humping, all S&M (no, not Spaniards and Mexicans) G4P musical version of Tarantino's renamed just for schmoes, "Pump Friction"!

What a silly little bitch Kai is. 

I don't deny an erotic intention behind that look and moves, but what makes you think all that really appeals to gay guys? Most will find that a bit eccentric.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2016, 05:05:09 AM »
It totally depends on the person. Most people look stupid with lots of muscle... artificial tan and excessive shaving added and you've got yourself a funky looking person.
Though some people do look great being big - Groink, Hazbin, Titus, Ursus just to name a few.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2016, 09:49:23 AM »
Ok, so it's been another 2 years and bodybuilding is even more gross and homosexual to me.

An activity solely based on steroids and looking at yourself in the mirror.

Gross :-X

should be more acceptable today with all the selfies people take

E
E

drmarkp

• Getbig III
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2016, 10:29:39 AM »
Whenever I'd see people look at a bodybuilder and say "that's gross", or whatever, it didn't make sense to me.

I got out of following bodybuilding awhile ago, just stuck with hardcore sports like pro football and MMA.

I don't even know who won the last couple Mr. Olympias; however earlier today it happened.  

I'm scrolling through my newsfeed and a picture of Phil Heath pops up on some ad and honest to God the first thought I had was "GROSS".

I now understand, or at least being away from the bodybuilding scene desensitized me to the stupidity of bodybuilding.  Who the hell would want to look like that?!?

Yesterday at the grocery store I overheard someone say to their friend as they passed me by in the aisle 'I think that looks gross' .. It just validated that all my hard work is finally paying off ..

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2016, 10:47:30 AM »
Yesterday at the grocery store I overheard someone say to their friend as they passed me by in the aisle 'I think that looks gross' .. It just validated that all my hard work is finally paying off ..

I'm sure her story would be vastly different behind closed doors...

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2016, 11:06:24 AM »
Old proverb:  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Since modern bodybuilding began over a 100 years ago, it has always thrived on the newest, biggest, freakiest muscles.  You can go back over its history and look at all the champs that set a new standard when they came along:  Steve Reeves, Arnold, Dorian or Coleman, etc.  I wonder what the next standard will be in the years ahead once we get into gene manipulation or second generation steroids.  Those bodybuilders will make Phil Heath and Big Ramy look like 98 pound weaklings.

In defense of bodybuilding from my own experience, there surely is thrill in changing your your body, and your appearance.

drmarkp

• Getbig III
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2016, 06:54:13 PM »
I'm sure her story would be vastly different behind closed doors...

It was a faggitty looking dude saying to his girl 'friend' ..

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2016, 07:15:10 PM »
It was a faggitty looking dude saying to his girl 'friend' ..

I stand by my words

Alfurinn

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2016, 11:40:12 PM »
I thought bodybuilders didn't care about how gross they look to others.

Although that statement is hardly believable because it is precisely people's natural inclination to find muscles (sexually) appealing that drives some people to pursue muscularity.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2016, 03:32:01 AM »
I thought bodybuilders didn't care about how gross they look to others.

Although that statement is hardly believable because it is precisely people's natural inclination to find muscles (sexually) appealing that drives some people to pursue muscularity.

Most bodybuilders don't, but most physique competitors do. At least, that's my observation.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2016, 02:18:43 PM »
It depends. I've heard they're gross in pictures and then when the women see a guy in person it's lights out. It really depends on how one carries themselves. Everyone agreed that none of the mr Olympia contestants looked that good in pictures but in person there were like 1-2 guys that people thought were ok. Roelly looks terrible in pictures but the ladies who knew nothing about bodybuilding liked him the best.

im surprised the men's physique people aren't very popular either.

The most popular guys I've seen at gyms tend to be real athletes baseball, football, basketball but I think the money thing has something to do with that

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2016, 02:21:55 PM »
It depends. I've heard they're gross in pictures and then when the women see a guy in person it's lights out. It really depends on how one carries themselves. Everyone agreed that none of the mr Olympia contestants looked that good in pictures but in person there were like 1-2 guys that people thought were ok. Roelly looks terrible in pictures but the ladies who knew nothing about bodybuilding liked him the best.

im surprised the men's physique people aren't very popular either.

The most popular guys I've seen at gyms tend to be real athletes baseball, football, basketball but I think the money thing has something to do with that

Roelly gets approached with all kinds of women, but most of them are hebrews.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2016, 03:10:34 PM »
Roelly gets approached with all kinds of women, but most of them are hebrews.

From what I see on social media and otherwise He gets love from all different types. I think it's because He looks like he Tries. In the clubs when the guys are dressed up they gets lots of love.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2016, 03:15:37 PM »

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2016, 03:16:58 PM »
What woman wants to sleep with this?
kinky ones.
A

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2016, 03:17:54 PM »
From what I see on social media and otherwise He gets love from all different types. I think it's because He looks like he Tries. In the clubs when the guys are dressed up they gets lots of love.

Maybe the North European women are different. At least, that's what I saw when he walked through the crowd with his Tupperware containers.
He's pretty laid back, but also a bit shy. Most women seem to love that.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2016, 04:28:22 PM »
Maybe the North European women are different. At least, that's what I saw when he walked through the crowd with his Tupperware containers.
He's pretty laid back, but also a bit shy. Most women seem to love that.

Well Even in that picture, he has a nice looking face.  A lot of women would want to sleep with that.  They just wouldn't want others to know about it because they would be judged.

I think that's a good observation. He does seem a bit shy so I guess that's part of the charm because women do love that or else they like arrogant assholes.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2016, 08:39:13 AM »
Ok, so it's been another 2 years and bodybuilding is even more gross and homosexual to me.

An activity solely based on steroids and looking at yourself in the mirror.

Gross :-X

Must say i agree with you. Whenever at some event not bodybuilding related i see some jacked guy on a tank top, with sun tan shining veiny delts, is when it's obvious how misplaced bodybuilding is, besides a stage or a Flex magazine.
Sometimes i regret having competed.

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2019, 10:53:04 PM »
Well it's been 5 years since my initial post and I don't think bodybuilding is as homo as it used to be from what I see, but it definitely seems deader than ever before  :'(

I think if a dude wore some Rogue shirts and was built like Frank Zane he'd be knee deep in healthy pussy Vs. the weird swole dude mid-life crisis HRT.

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2019, 10:59:08 PM »
Ideal physique is displayed on Love Island...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npbzsoi5VaU

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2019, 11:05:34 PM »
Because it is gross looking. The average body was not meant to look like that.

I see far more fat & morbidly obese people than Mr.Olympia competitors ............the average body was not meant to look like that .

So what is GROSS looking.

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2019, 11:15:21 PM »

I see far more fat & morbidly obese people than Mr.Olympia competitors ............the average body was not meant to look like that .

So what is GROSS looking.

Both

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2019, 11:15:59 PM »
Well it's been 5 years since my initial post and I don't think bodybuilding is as homo as it used to be from what I see, but it definitely seems deader than ever before  :'(

I think if a dude wore some Rogue shirts and was built like Frank Zane he'd be knee deep in healthy pussy Vs. the weird swole dude mid-life crisis HRT.

Bump this post in 10 years please. I'm curious what your opinion will be at that time.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2019, 11:50:24 PM »
Both

really , so every day U bump into 1 or 2 huge pro bodybuilder   ::)

usmcdevildoc

• Getbig III
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2019, 02:39:49 AM »

Physique division is where it's at!
I wouldn't go so far as to say "bodybuilders are gross" etc but I agree the modern bodybuilding look today is totally gross.
Also its all relative to the individual.

Pretty sure not many people would say, Paris, or Zane, or Labarada or Arnold were "gross" back in the day, far from it.
So what's the difference?
Too much mass, not enough symmetry or proportions, monster distended bellies and watery GH look is what most people don't like. 

I agree. The Fagsique Competition is where it is at. Lol