Author Topic: Sandow sold on Ebay bought by Aaron Singerman  (Read 10580 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Sandow sold on Ebay bought by Aaron Singerman
« on: July 07, 2015, 07:24:06 AM »
Sitting on Aaron Singerman's kitchen table now.

A

Waller

• Getbig IV
Re: Remember that Sandow being sold on Ebay ????
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 07:24:55 AM »
Were you not tempted Vince?

TK

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 07:38:14 AM »

$10,000 for a Sandow. Not bad.

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 07:41:25 AM »

I think he ended up paying $7,000 cause whoever bought it for $9,999 bailed and the seller told Aaron he could have it.

Mr. Zimbabwe

• Getbig IV
Re: Sandow sold on Ebay bought by Aaron Singerman
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 07:44:04 AM »
Posted by Aaron:

"I own a Sandow. It finally arrived last night. I opened the box up like a kid on Christmas. Tearing through tons of bubble wrap to uncover him. Some of you might be wondering why I would buy this... Why buy a trophy I didn't earn? There are two answers to this. One is, what you are looking at is bodybuilding history. Only 13 men have won the Mr. Olympia, and of those Sandows given out this might be the only one in circulation and not on the mantle of one of those 13 men. I bought it because it represents the pinnacle of achievement in the sport I've loved since I was a teenager and before. To me this solid brass statue is art. The second reason is because I did EARN this. Not in the way one might normally win Sandow, but in my own way. As a Jewish skinny teenager I knew I'd never stand onstage as the best bodybuilder in the world having Joe Weider hand me one. I was realistic enough at a young age to know better. That said, ironically I figured out a way to make it happen though other kinds of achievement within the sport and industry of bodybuilding. To me this Sandow doesn't represent the ultimate achievement in bodybuilding, but it most certainly represents achievement no one thought was possible... Even me! Lol. I love bodybuilding and where ever I am in live, I'll always have this amazing trophy to honor and look back on and remember where I came from. Because without bodybuilding I wouldn't be here."

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 07:53:08 AM »
Posted by Aaron:

"I own a Sandow. It finally arrived last night. I opened the box up like a kid on Christmas. Tearing through tons of bubble wrap to uncover him. Some of you might be wondering why I would buy this... Why buy a trophy I didn't earn? There are two answers to this. One is, what you are looking at is bodybuilding history. Only 13 men have won the Mr. Olympia, and of those Sandows given out this might be the only one in circulation and not on the mantle of one of those 13 men. I bought it because it represents the pinnacle of achievement in the sport I've loved since I was a teenager and before. To me this solid brass statue is art. The second reason is because I did EARN this. Not in the way one might normally win Sandow, but in my own way. As a Jewish skinny teenager I knew I'd never stand onstage as the best bodybuilder in the world having Joe Weider hand me one. I was realistic enough at a young age to know better. That said, ironically I figured out a way to make it happen though other kinds of achievement within the sport and industry of bodybuilding. To me this Sandow doesn't represent the ultimate achievement in bodybuilding, but it most certainly represents achievement no one thought was possible... Even me! Lol. I love bodybuilding and where ever I am in live, I'll always have this amazing trophy to honor and look back on and remember where I came from. Because without bodybuilding I wouldn't be here."

Translation:

"I sell snake oil for a living and I'm proud of it."

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 08:02:16 AM »
Posted by Aaron:

I believe the sculpture is a bronze, not brass. Different composition of metals. Plus the bronze has a patina to give it the colour it has.

Not all Mr Olympias were awarded a Sandow but some received more than one as we know.

http://www.ifbbpro.com/news/history-of-the-sandow-statuette/

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 08:07:43 AM »
The only Jew to touch the Sandow trophy other than Joe Weider handing it to a thonged warrior of course

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 08:16:39 AM »

I believe the sculpture is a bronze, not brass. Different composition of metals. Plus the bronze has a patina to give it the colour it has.

Not all Mr Olympias were awarded a Sandow but some received more than one as we know.

http://www.ifbbpro.com/news/history-of-the-sandow-statuette/

This.

Sergio Oliva NEVER had one, and Arnold and Franco only got one sandow each .

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2015, 08:23:43 AM »

This.

Sergio Oliva NEVER had one, and Arnold and Franco only got one sandow each .

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Larry Scott didn't get one either. But Steve Reeves had three

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2015, 08:31:37 AM »

This is just wasteful.

I don't really say bad things about people, but Singerman has lost his marbles.

He will be broke before too long.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2015, 08:35:19 AM »
i bought this and it only cost me $369 on ebay.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2015, 08:37:16 AM »
Who won this sandow?  Samir, Dickerson, Coleman?

Mr. Zimbabwe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2015, 08:42:22 AM »
This is just wasteful.

I don't really say bad things about people, but Singerman has lost his marbles.

He will be broke before too long.

I think the quote "and having Joe Weider's hand on me" had me squirming a bit.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2015, 08:43:55 AM »
I think the quote "and having Joe Weider's hand on me" had me squirming a bit.

Agreed. The entire thing had a weird creepy vibe about it.

:-X

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2015, 08:46:32 AM »
how come ron didnt buy it  ???

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2015, 08:54:26 AM »
Translation:

"I sell snake oil for a living and I'm proud of it."
No, real translation: "I bought it because I know I don't have the genetics nor the constitution to become a Mr. Olympia. And this is a conversation piece, where I can tell unsuspecting people that I won an award."

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2015, 08:57:47 AM »

instead of saving money for his kids future he blows it on this
Definitely a scumbag father move
w

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2015, 09:09:34 AM »
Does anyone know whose this was?

Even on antique roadshow the first questions are something along the lines of knowing the history.

MuscleDysmorphia

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2015, 09:12:38 AM »
Schmoe Level: Expert

whitewidow

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2015, 09:22:49 AM »
I think samir sold it

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2015, 09:45:42 AM »
i bought this and it only cost me $369 on ebay.

Nice, got a link for another one? :P
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2015, 09:47:29 AM »
I don't get why someone would buy something like that, when the value in it is from winning the thing, not buying it off ebay. Seems like a pointless waste of money.

I have some documents signed by various historical figures, one of them being Hitler. Don't ask me why, it's just something you may find interesting and want to own. I don't really agree with him buying it, but to each their own I guess.

MuscleDysmorphia

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2015, 09:49:35 AM »
It's a little PR stunt from Aaron, trying to ingratiate himself with the bodybuilding world. I'm sure he's also using it as a not-so subtle reminder that Blackstone Labs is so wildly successful that he can drop 7-10k on an otherwise useless sculpture without batting an eye.