Author Topic: Middle-Aged men and Harley Davidsons  (Read 17668 times)

kh300

• Getbig V
Re: Middle-Aged men and Harley Davidsons
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2015, 06:57:06 AM »
What makes you think they use inferior parts whereas the Japanese use high quality?

Harleys are covered in Chinese parts. Not one single part of a Harley is made in America.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2015, 07:00:59 AM »
That just shows he knows nothing about Harley's and how they have improved their engines over the years. I have had a large number and never had a problem.

What changes have they made? Yes a lot of guys claim their bike is reliable then you look at the dash and see they only have 1k miles.lol

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2015, 08:19:48 AM »
Big fan of Guzzi myself.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2015, 09:36:10 AM »
Big fan of Guzzi myself.

You spelled cock wrong.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2015, 09:57:13 AM »
The buy American thing is just propaganda from the company. I'm not going to buy from a company that 1. Sells an overpriced product and 2. Then bends you over a barrel on maintenance. If you have the disposable cash and the need for a status symbol then by all means buy a Harley, but you are overpaying and getting an inferior product than the import competitors.   

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2015, 10:08:10 AM »
family man - middle aged biker at my work are ppl bored with life.

The weather is not very fine near Paris, so they drive motorcycle 20 time a year but their whole life revolve around motorcycle.

It's a kind of escape.
asstropin

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2015, 10:20:19 AM »
I actually agree with OP.  The same overweight middle aged men also guzzle beer and obsess over "their team" every Sunday as well.  It is an interesting phenomenon.  They aren't stupid or bad people though.  They just fit into the accepted norm of society and I guess don't realize it.  If you live the accepted normal life it's actually quite depressing.  Grow up and have fun as a teen, get a job/wife/house/kids, go heavily into debt, eat poorly, overwork, maximum stress, get fat, retire with 75 grand, get sick, die.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2015, 10:43:55 AM »
I actually agree with OP.  The same overweight middle aged men also guzzle beer and obsess over "their team" every Sunday as well.  It is an interesting phenomenon.  They aren't stupid or bad people though.  They just fit into the accepted norm of society and I guess don't realize it.  If you live the accepted normal life it's actually quite depressing.  Grow up and have fun as a teen, get a job/wife/house/kids, go heavily into debt, eat poorly, overwork, maximum stress, get fat, retire with 75 grand, get sick, die.

I need a drink..

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2015, 11:54:45 AM »

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2015, 12:47:39 PM »
Harleys are covered in Chinese parts. Not one single part of a Harley is made in America.

Tell that to the thousands of employees in Milwaukee, KC and York 
:

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2015, 01:01:20 PM »
Tell that to the thousands of employees in Milwaukee, KC and York 

assemblers you mean?

jdooly

• Getbig III
« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2015, 04:01:40 PM »
HD's are assembled in US but littered with China parts.  They are heavy as F, handle like F, and got the industy by the balls because of the name "Harley Davidson."  They are damn popular though.  Im a Harley mechanic BTW.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2015, 04:15:52 PM »
Walking Dead Daryl's bike

http://www.classifiedmoto.com/bikes/

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2015, 04:22:00 PM »
Trikes are pretty gay but Exile's trike is pretty badass

http://www.exilecycles.com/index.php?section=1

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2015, 05:03:11 PM »
HD's are assembled in US but littered with China parts.  They are heavy as F, handle like F, and got the industy by the balls because of the name "Harley Davidson."  They are damn popular though.  Im a Harley mechanic BTW.

Ok then you can explain better than me how reliability has improved over the years.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2015, 07:35:29 PM »
I disagree. What may be dirt cheap to you may not be for a guy with a mortgage and kids. My neighbor who is a cop and his wife a teacher with three kids was moaning about how he is going to have to come up with the money to buy a new washer.
What's a washer cost? $4-500 dollars. They make six figures between the two of them.

I don't buy the notion that every middle age guy that rides a Harley is going through a mid life crisis. it completely discounts the very real possibility that maybe they have always had Harleys since their twenties and have simply gotten older like we all do.

But it is the way of GetBig to always assume the worse in a person to make themselves feel better.  I see a middle age man riding a Harley or a expensive sports car I don't think anything of it. Some people just enjoy those things. I'm sure if many here saw Harley Briete, a middle aged man with his long graying hair and pony tail, will shake their heads and consider him another poseur trying to relive his youth.

WTF?

Cops here make 6 figs alone and teachers make close to that as well.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2015, 08:27:38 PM »
Harleys are cruisers, not sport bikes.
PS: Hook a fellow getbigger up with a new hi torque starter!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #93 on: October 27, 2015, 04:45:30 AM »
I can see the bathtub steroids and kigs have rotted away your sarcasm meter.
And given you turtle belly and leather covered pig nipples. ::)

It always cracks me up when a bald, oval head, wide hips, narrow shouldered, overall pear shape that personifies Humpty Dumpty
criticizes anybodies physique here.

Everyone know why, even admitting yourself, why you always keep well covered up in pictures.

Simple Simon

« Reply #94 on: October 27, 2015, 04:48:17 AM »
It always cracks me up when a bald, oval head, wide hips, narrow shouldered, overall pear shape that personifies Humpty Dumpty

Everyone know why, even admitting yourself, why you always keep well covered up in pictures.

Google "chocadoobie"

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: October 27, 2015, 04:54:47 AM »
WTF?

Cops here make 6 figs alone and teachers make close to that as well.

Not true. LAPD, one of the highest paid in the country, starts in the high 50s. After putting in some years and working a lot of over time you can break six figures. And a lot depends where you live. In Arkansas it's around 35 grand. A veteran officer in Hawaii is pulling around 60 grand.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2015, 04:59:29 AM »
Google "chocadoobie"

LOL. A splitting image. And he's a mod on the training board.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: October 27, 2015, 09:33:11 AM »
Not true. LAPD, one of the highest paid in the country, starts in the high 50s. After putting in some years and working a lot of over time you can break six figures. And a lot depends where you live. In Arkansas it's around 35 grand. A veteran officer in Hawaii is pulling around 60 grand.

a 2 year officer here in Austin makes $69,851 plus soft pay that brings it to around 74K not including overtime

a 14 yr Sgt makes $101, 663 base pay

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: October 27, 2015, 09:37:30 AM »

In LAPD, you make 60K upon completion of the academy and $64K when you complete probation. 

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: October 27, 2015, 10:26:54 AM »

You bowed down and willingly allowed yourself to be called an elf, your opinion means less than nothing.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!