Author Topic: Obama sends troop to Turkey , New WAR in the Works  (Read 1990 times)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Obama sends troop to Turkey , New WAR in the Works
« on: December 14, 2012, 06:42:55 AM »
Its always nice to see people starting a war with a handshake and a smile  ;D

Pentagon to send missiles, 400 troops to Turkey

INCIRLIK AIR BASE, Turkey (AP) — The U.S. will send two batteries of Patriot missiles and 400 troops to Turkey as part of a NATO force meant to protect Turkish territory from potential Syrian missile attack, the Pentagon said Friday.

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta signed a deployment order en route to Turkey from Afghanistan calling for 400 U.S. soldiers to operate two batteries of Patriots at undisclosed locations in Turkey, Pentagon press secretary George Little told reporters flying with Panetta.

Germany and the Netherlands have already agreed to provide two batteries of the U.S.-built defense systems and send up to 400 German and 360 Dutch troops to man them, bringing the total number of Patriot batteries slated for Turkey to six.

German lawmakers voted 461-86 Friday to approve the deployment of two Patriot missile batteries. The mandate allows Germany to deploy a maximum 400 soldiers through January 2014. NATO foreign ministers endorsed Turkey's request for the Patriots on Nov. 30.

A number of Syrian shells have landed in Turkish territory since the conflict in the Arab state began in March 2011. Turkey has condemned the Syrian regime of President Bashar Assad, supported Syrian rebels and provided shelter to Syrian refugees. Ankara is particularly worried that Assad may get desperate enough to use chemical weapons.

During a brief stop at Incirlik Air Base, Panetta told U.S. troops that Turkey might need the Patriots, which are capable of shooting down shorter-range ballistic missiles as well as aircraft.

He said he approved the deployment "so that we can help Turkey have the kind of missile defense it may very well need to deal with the threats coming out of Syria," he said.

The U.S., Germany and the Netherlands are the only NATO members who have the upgraded PAC-3 missiles, capable of missile interception. Each battery has an average of 12 missile launchers, a NATO official said, speaking on condition of anonymity because alliance regulations do not allow him to speak on the record.

In a statement issued Friday NATO spokeswoman Oana Lungescu said "the deployment will be defensive only."

"It will not support a no-fly zone or any offensive operation. Its aim is to deter any threats to Turkey, to defend Turkey's population and territory and to de-escalate the crisis on NATO's south-eastern border," Lungescu said.

Panetta did not mention how soon the two Patriot batteries will head to Turkey or how long they might stay.

Earlier this week in Berlin, German Deputy Foreign Minister Michael Link told lawmakers that current plans call for the missile sites to be stationed at Kahramanmaras, about 60 miles north of Turkey's border with Syria. Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte said Thursday that the Netherlands, Germany and the U.S. are working closely with Turkey "to ensure that the Patriots are deployed as soon as possible." But he predicted they would not become operational before the end of January. Turkey joined NATO in 1952, three years after the alliance was formed.

At Incirlik Air Base, about 60 miles north of the Syrian border, an Air Force member asked Panetta what the US would do if Syria used chemical or biological weapons against the rebels. Panetta said he could not be specific in a public setting, but added, "we have drawn up plans" that give President Barack Obama a set of options in the event that U.S. intelligence shows that Syria intends to use such weapons.

Asked by another Air Force member whether he thought Syria would "react negatively" to the Patriot deployments, Panetta said, "I don't think they have the damn time to worry" about the Patriots since the regime's leaders are struggling to stay in power.

He indicated that Syria's reaction to the Patriots was not a major concern to him.

Separately, NATO will deploy its Airborne Warning and Control System aircraft, or AWACS, to Turkey on a training exercise this month, the NATO said.

He said the exercise was not connected to the deployment of the Patriots.

The aircraft, which can detect launches of ground-to-ground missiles, will exercise command and control procedures as well as test the connectivity of various NATO and Turkish communications and data sharing systems, the official said.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Re: Obama sends troop to Turkey , New WAR in the Works
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 06:47:38 AM »
Turkfags got it going.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 06:47:56 AM »
you don't fight a war with 400 troops ::) its a mere statement to Syria

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 06:49:55 AM »

you never send in your full arsenal on day one  ::)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 06:52:46 AM »
There is a discussion in the politic board about this.  Anyway, like I said, We're Back!  'Merica! :D

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 06:57:08 AM »
Turkfags got it going.
I served with Turkish troops in Afghanistan.

Were you there?

What unit were you in?

G

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 06:57:35 AM »

Kinda right, but they're like wolves... preying on Iran.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 07:11:53 AM »
giving an islamic country weapons, oh brother.. ::)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 07:22:42 AM »
I served with Turkish troops in Afghanistan.

Were you there?

What unit were you in?

I view Turkey with great disdain and if you were to peek into Austrian/German politics you might understand this.
Big respect to you for risking your life, taking a huge burden and toughing it out - other than that you're full of it.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 07:26:13 AM »

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 07:54:00 AM »
I view Turkey with great disdain and if you were to peek into Austrian/German politics you might understand this.
Big respect to you for risking your life, taking a huge burden and toughing it out - other than that you're full of it.

I just finished a book on the Ottoman Empire, and did not realize how close they were to getting to Central Europe.  Got right to the gates of Vienna.  I was surprised at how they took the side of the Central Powers, but the Sultan at the time thought they were going to be the victorious side.  I thought it was pretty fucked up, that the British, who were doing repairs to three Ottoman ships, decided to keep them at the outbreak of World War One.  That said, those guys were fucking brutal, killing their brothers and even their own sons if they thought them a threat to their rule.

MikMaq

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 07:57:21 AM »

you never send in your full arsenal on day one  ::)
You realize this is the guy that read mein kampf to in son right? Guy knows how to win a war.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2012, 08:12:16 AM »
I just finished a book on the Ottoman Empire, and did not realize how close they were to getting to Central Europe.  Got right to the gates of Vienna.  I was surprised at how they took the side of the Central Powers, but the Sultan at the time thought they were going to be the victorious side.  I thought it was pretty fucked up, that the British, who were doing repairs to three Ottoman ships, decided to keep them at the outbreak of World War One.  That said, those guys were fucking brutal, killing their brothers and even their own sons if they thought them a threat to their rule.

That's at the core of it - they're our enemies, as a nation, and have opposing views. The city I was born in has a hefty history with the turks and it ain't pretty. Our governments are traitors of the highest order.
I keep in close contact with Turks, not turk supremacist scum but nice folks("Ataturks"), and we watch turkish news, television on a regular basis.
These people are afraid of what's going on in their homeland - Erdogan, a formerly incarcerated criminal, infiltrated every news channel and is restructuring turkey... end result is a regime like Iran.
Many of these normal Muslims are way more knowledgeable of what's about to come compared to the common leftwing eurofag - pretty sad.

MikMaq

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2012, 08:46:23 AM »
turks were a continuation of the roman empire. Rome turned into east roman, which turned into byzantium which turned to OE. Their importance in world history is so often ignored, it's almost ironic.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2012, 09:07:43 AM »
giving an islamic country weapons, oh brother.. ::)

It's ok, we will return in 10 years and blow the shit out of them.

8)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2012, 09:19:02 AM »
Excellent. We haven't raped/murdered/invaded anyone in months. Our War Machine was getting rusty.
a

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2012, 09:21:14 AM »

Plus maybe you should start from yourselves:

Just in  :-\

"Connecticut elementary school shooting: Multiple deaths reported"
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-connecticut-school-shooting-20121214,0,4678476.story

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2012, 10:07:53 AM »
It's ok, we will return in 10 years and blow the shit out of them.

8)

To me it seems that all these wars are totally half-hearted - a little bit cruel, a little bit licking islamic boots, spreading democracy nobody wants, some oil.... a strange picture manifests here. The chinese for example have expanded their "lovely" reach without too much blood spill... given we ignore their hostility towards MuscleCenter.

For example - did America win the Vietnam war and why were the US involved in it?

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2012, 10:14:16 AM »

For example - did America win the Vietnam war and why were the US involved in it?

Because many countries back then were turning in communism and Americans had no means to stop this other than by killing the people.

3000 brave Soviet 'experts' helped small Vietnam kick yankee out  8)
http://rt.com/news/ussr-secret-vietnam-soldiers-speak-out/

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2012, 10:36:08 AM »

Because many countries back then were turning in communism and Americans had no means to stop this other than by killing the people.

3000 brave Soviet 'experts' helped small Vietnam kick yankee out  8)
http://rt.com/news/ussr-secret-vietnam-soldiers-speak-out/

I don't believe this.
America herself has turned to communism long ago.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2012, 10:38:03 AM »
Excellent. We haven't raped/murdered/invaded anyone in months. Our War Machine was getting rusty.

lol

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2012, 11:16:49 AM »
We just found out like one week ago that turkey has been buying ignoring our sanctions on Iran and buying Iranian oil with gold to the tune of about 100 billion over the past year.  And we reward them for it?

buresu

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2012, 11:46:06 AM »
We just found out like one week ago that turkey has been buying ignoring our sanctions on Iran and buying Iranian oil with gold to the tune of about 100 billion over the past year.  And we reward them for it?

So what, Turkey and Iran is in mutual business for years now and it will be like that in the future until a war breaks out...fuckin America is not rewarding anything, Nato is in control!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2012, 11:47:11 AM »
LOL.  Sure thing buddy. 

buresu

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2012, 11:50:31 AM »

Since you've just finished a book involving the great Ottoman Empire, I suggest you to watch the movie FETİH 1453 : (one of the best movies 2012)

Fetih 1453: In 1453, the Byzantine capital of Constantinople is surrounded by Ottoman Turks. The city is but a shadow of its former glory due to the empire's ever receding coffers, while the Ottoman Empire continues to grow rich. After years of tolerating the existance of Byzantium, the ambitious sultan, Mehmet II launches his campaign to end the Byzantine Empire and take Constantinople for the Ottomans, resulting in arguably the greatest siege of that age.