Author Topic: Some of These "99 Percenters" are complete MORONS-Incredibly Stupid  (Read 99547 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Some of These "99 Percenters" are complete MORONS-Incredibly Stupid
« Reply #800 on: October 10, 2011, 11:58:11 AM »
I'll agree with this to a certain extent... 85% of my learning comes from studying at home, but at the same time my home printer can't spit out an engineering degree.
So what are you precisely paying for?  If you are learning 85 percent of it on your own (its not like you couldn`t learn 100 percent at home) how do you justify that all the money you are wasting if it is only going to the 15 percent you claim would evade you had you not been enrolled?

It sounds like you are being taken for a complete ride if you ask me.  If I paid someone to paint my house and gave them the entire sum up front and I ended up doing 85 percent of it myself, I`d be pretty pissed.

You don`t get anything for your money and you would be better off taking it all and putting it in the Stock Market.

MikMaq

« Reply #801 on: October 10, 2011, 11:59:01 AM »
Suck my dick.  Go get some books from the library.  Go ahead and rationalize and justify the tens and hundreds of thousands of dollars per person you and others are wasting.  If you need to pay someone 100 grand to learn how to "deal with the unknowns" of a situation than I consider you worthless.

Move along money waste, just don`t come back and complain to us that you are crushed under debt.
Lol I spend about 2 k a year on tuition but nice try :P

P.S. I do loads of self study. So again I think I have a pretty solid understanding of how what I learn in school, what I do at work, and what I do as a hobby(learn cultures/history) combine.
I am the future trust me on this, without getting into my personal life, this stuff didn't start with me in 2008 I've beenve simply been living in this world alot longer than most around here have been. following the rise of asia and the fall of USA for almost ten years. I ain't saying Im some genius but it'd be trolling to say I ain't got a very strong footing in this issue and I've modeled my life around this modern paradigm.

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #802 on: October 10, 2011, 12:00:14 PM »
I'll agree with this to a certain extent... 85% of my learning comes from studying at home, but at the same time my home printer can't spit out an engineering degree.

Yep....and that "pedigree" so to speak, is what separates you from the "99 Weeks of Unemployment" group when you sit down for a job interview.

I interview a lot of recent college grads. Many are very talented young people, so that tells me our screening process is working. Others seem to be completely lacking a filter between their brain and their mouth.

"Yeah dude, I spent 6 years getting my degree because I couldn't find the motivation, but if you give me a chance I'll show you that I'm better than that 2.2 GPA" I graduated with".

::)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #803 on: October 10, 2011, 12:01:31 PM »
Lol I spend about 2 k a year on tuition but nice try :P

P.S. I do loads of self study. So again I think I have a pretty solid understanding of how what I learn in school, what I do at work, and what I do as a hobby(learn cultures/history) combine.
I am the future trust me on this, without getting into my personal life, this stuff didn't start with me in 2008 I've beenve simply been living in this world alot longer than most around here have been. following the rise of asia and the fall of USA for almost ten years. I ain't saying Im some genius but it'd be trolling to say I ain't got a very strong footing in this issue and I've modeled my life around this modern paradigm.
How old are you?  

MikMaq

« Reply #804 on: October 10, 2011, 12:02:46 PM »
So what are you precisely paying for?  If you are learning 85 percent of it on your own (its not like you couldn`t learn 100 percent at home) how do you justify that all the money you are wasting if it is only going to the 15 percent you claim would evade you had you not been enrolled?

It sounds like you are being taken for a complete ride if you ask me.  If I paid someone to paint my house and gave them the entire sum up front and I ended up doing 85 percent of it myself, I`d be pretty pissed.

You don`t get anything for your money and you would be better off taking it all and putting it in the Stock Market.
Engineering dosen't work the way you think it does, their legal acredation because people can die, there are labs that are a must, their techinical software that cannot legally be afforded in the home enviroment. Most importantly engineering is based on competition for the most part, if you can't get through an intensive 4-5 year programs, your not considered worth your weight.
Cheap engineering schools that are course based and are not directly a program, have large isssues with idiots getting through and getting people broke or killed.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #805 on: October 10, 2011, 12:03:24 PM »
Yep....and that "pedigree" so to speak, is what separates you from the "99 Weeks of Unemployment" group when you sit down for a job interview.

I interview a lot of recent college grads. Many are very talented young people, so that tells me our screening process is working. Others seem to be completely lacking a filter between their brain and their mouth.

"Yeah dude, I spent 6 years getting my degree because I couldn't find the motivation, but if you give me a chance I'll show you that I'm better than that 2.2 GPA" I graduated with".

::)

I find it rather frightening, you of all people, are interviewing others for a chance at employment.  Seriously, you have a bit of a problem when it comes to facts and you interpret things rather poorly.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #806 on: October 10, 2011, 12:05:37 PM »
Engineering dosen't work the way you think it does, their legal acredation because people can die, there are labs that are a must, their techinical software that cannot legally be afforded in the home enviroment. Most importantly engineering is based on competition for the most part, if you can't get through an intensive 4-5 year programs, your not considered worth your weight.
Cheap engineering schools that are course based and are not directly a program, have large isssues with idiots getting through and getting people broke or killed.
I`m tired of "Engineers" quite frankly.  They are shit brain as they come, most being devout Muslims at that or Intelligent Designers.  Fucking Engineers.  They lack abstract thought and are one trick ponies for the most part.

MikMaq

« Reply #807 on: October 10, 2011, 12:08:15 PM »
How old are you?  
I'm 24, but had the internet since I was 7, grew up with my brother using linux/programming since I was about 9, have family heavily involved in industry/government, and have been studying politics/history on my own since the Iraq invasion. So I'm probably the oldest member of the true internet generation. Meaning I've had many many friends who were engineers from asia and I understand there countries societal and industrial advantages and disadvantages, I've also been pretty close to some of these so called 99 percenters that have been fucked. I've had a friend that live with her parents instead of moving out, meanwhile she was molested in that home and hasn't been able to distance herself all because she was trying to cut costs. Again these 99 percenters aren't stupid they simply got problems other than a black man in office.  To top it I chose engineering when I was 18 as I seen it as way to fight the oncoming problems realating to cheap labor, how techonology has changed everything, and the very serious problem of resource depletion.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #808 on: October 10, 2011, 12:10:19 PM »
I'm 24...

Holy shit, I can be your father!

"1"

MikMaq

« Reply #809 on: October 10, 2011, 12:11:33 PM »
Holy shit, I can be your father!

"1"
Yeah and keep in mind that I have a mindset more incommon with the 19 years old than people my own, due to my exposure to shit at a much younger age than most.

MikMaq

« Reply #810 on: October 10, 2011, 12:17:41 PM »
I`m tired of "Engineers" quite frankly.  They are shit brain as they come, most being devout Muslims at that or Intelligent Designers.  Fucking Engineers.  They lack abstract thought and are one trick ponies for the most part.
Agreed they is like machines and yet at the same time engineers are needed if the country has any chance of having meaningful exports, and getting our energy consumption rates down.
But again tell that to tommymctones, business isn't much better and far worst in the sense that they are total shit at understanding things beyond money.

Again were all fucking stupid, you got the understanding down, your problem is you expect people to act like a bunch of jews which won't happen without some form of eugenics. Normal people lack the genetics for this stuff.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #811 on: October 10, 2011, 12:22:14 PM »
Agreed they is like machines and yet at the same time engineers are needed if the country has any chance of having meaningful exports, and getting our energy consumption rates down.
But again tell that to tommymctones, business isn't much better and far worst in the sense that they are total shit at understanding things beyond money.

Again were all fucking stupid, you got the understanding down, your problem is you expect people to act like a bunch of jews which won't happen without some form of eugenics. Normal people lack the genetics for this stuff.
Well played sir.  8)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #812 on: October 10, 2011, 12:40:54 PM »

Something like this I think (I found this on the internet)

1. Too Big to Fail is Too Big to EXIST

2. Stop Socializing Risk while Privatizing Profit

3. Corporations are NOT People

4. Elections Should be Decided by People, NOT by Corporate Money

5. Stop Letting Insurance Companies Profit by Denying Us Health Care

6. We Want What THEY Have – Give us European Quality Healthcare Now

7. Don't let Republicans block Consumer Protection

8. Provide Reasonable Debt Relief Now

9. Unions are one of the few groups left trying to help working people – LEAVE UNIONS ALONE!

10. Stop Trying to Keep Poor People from Voting

11. If we cut our military spending in half, it would still be batsh!t crazy for any country to attack us. So why not cut military spending in half, and spend that money on things that ACTUALLY HELP?

12. Don’t Build Other Nations – Build Ours!

13. Build Infrastructure Now (Employment is cheap, financing is cheap – there’s never been a better time! Plus we REALLY need the jobs.)

14. Who started class warfare? Us or the rich people who hoarded all the money and sent our jobs overseas?

15. When rich people get capital gains for sitting on their assetts this should be taxed AT LEAST as much as when the rest of us actually work for our money.

nice list

all common sense stuff

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #813 on: October 10, 2011, 12:54:18 PM »

MikMaq put it quite well. Engineering is everything from intense to "omg I don't have a life because of school". You've never tried it so you wouldn't know. There's no way I'd get through 5 years of education on my own with all the things that needs to be learned. My school does provide great mentorship and if I've got any questions about a physics problem or whatever I'm no more than 50 feet away from someone that doctored in particle physics that I could ask.

And on the side I love to read anything from world history to philosophy and above all essays by George Orwell. Don't make too many assumptions about engineers.

Besides, you might be happy to know I'm not american and I'm therefore not paying right out of my ass for my education. I also don't have to worry about healthcare  ;D

I'm doing juuuust fine....

from incomplete data

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #814 on: October 10, 2011, 12:55:49 PM »
did you say what kind of engineering your studying lovemonkey ? id go into that field but i have to be honest.. the curriculum, from what i know of it, intimidates me

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #815 on: October 10, 2011, 01:05:05 PM »
did you say what kind of engineering your studying lovemonkey ? id go into that field but i have to be honest.. the curriculum, from what i know of it, intimidates me

You don't have the brains to be an engineer, stick to syringes and chasing (in vain) the Mr. Olympia title.
I hate the State.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #816 on: October 10, 2011, 01:06:06 PM »
You don't have the brains to be an engineer, stick to syringes and chasing (in vain) the Mr. Olympia title.
your the one who thinks korea has a better economy than the united states  ;D

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #817 on: October 10, 2011, 01:09:18 PM »
your the one who thinks korea has a better economy than the united states  ;D

Fortunately you could never come close to being an engineer and won't endanger the rest of us.
I hate the State.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #818 on: October 10, 2011, 01:09:58 PM »
TA,  Having a college education used to be a privilege for the rich, then somehow over time it became a right.  People expect their gov to give them a college education.  It sickens me now that foreigners get more rights to American Universities than Americans do.

The same people that graduate from these schools have this BS mentality that unless you went to their school you weren't good enough.  I applied for a job where the dept VP was a Harvard Grad.  They listed the experience wanted and I met or exceeded and the hiring manager gave me high praise and wanted me to work there.  The VP denied the hire because he wanted someone with a "pedigree" from a top school like Harvard, Yale, Princeton.  Such bullshit.  He only cared about the school and not the education.  The whole system is a big scam where you can be a total fucking idiot but as long as you graduated from harvard your starting salary will be $75k and you'll get hired over everyone else no matter their experience.

Schools want it this way and they brainwash their graduates into doing the same as they go out into the business world.

Think about this.  There are more and more graduates of university today than ever.  Have people actually considered that there just aren't enough jobs out there to support all of these graduates?

It really sickens me when people waste $50k on a Philosophy degree. WTF!  What do they expect to do with this $50k piece of paper?  I never knew the philosophy industry was booming in the US.  People waste so much money.

I work with a guy who is a computer genius and doesn't have a college degree. he was hired years ago as an intern and became full time.  He is one of the top computer engineers in the company and this is a fortune 100 company. Anyways.  He applied at some other companies and got denied each time because he doesn't have a college degree.  Why does it matter?

It really makes me laugh when senior positions want 15 years experience and a Masters degree.  That would mean you got your masters 15 years ago and that anything you learned about technology 15 years ago has any relevance to technology today.  yet these companies want this and disqualify you immediately for the job.

LOL at the 99%.  I guess they were happy when they were the 80%, then 90% but they finally put their foot down at 99%....

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #819 on: October 10, 2011, 01:10:30 PM »

I'm still in the early stages of my five year journey and I still have the option of specifying but I'm looking at either ordinary mechanical engineering or vehicle engineering. I miiight go nuclear but I doubt it. Shit's intense. I have to make up my mind soon though.

I was intimated at first too and make no mistake, it can be rough at times. And for me it's going to get even worse soon. But it really is a matter of how much you put in to it... if you're really struggling with math it's probably not your best option. But other than that, it's all hard work.
from incomplete data

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #820 on: October 10, 2011, 01:13:11 PM »
Fortunately you could never come close to being an engineer and won't endanger the rest of us.
tell me again about the superiority of the korean economy  ;D

I'm still in the early stages of my five year journey and I still have the option of specifying but I'm looking at either ordinary mechanical engineering or vehicle engineering. I miiight go nuclear but I doubt it. Shit's intense. I have to make up my mind soon though.

I was intimated at first too and make no mistake, it can be rough at times. And for me it's going to get even worse soon. But it really is a matter of how much you put in to it... if you're really struggling with math it's probably not your best option. But other than that, it's all hard work.
cool. petrolium engineering is the best degree out there right now from what ive heard. grads getting 120k right out of college !  :o  ya math is why im dissuaded..  i excelled through geometry but struggled with advanced algebra.. but it may have been because thats about the time i stated smoking weed..     

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #821 on: October 10, 2011, 01:20:03 PM »

If a person is not good at maths, he shouldn't be an engineer.
I hate the State.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #822 on: October 10, 2011, 01:20:04 PM »
tell me again about the superiority of the korean economy  ;D

cool. petrolium engineering is the best degree out there right now from what ive heard. grads getting 120k right out of college !  :o  ya math is why im dissuaded..  i excelled through geometry but struggled with advanced algebra.. but it may have been because thats about the time i stated smoking weed..     

$120k, but if you smart you can get 2-3 times as much or more tax free hooking up with the oil dealers in Saudi Arabia.  Lots of money to be made there.  Work for 3 years and come back to the USA a millionaire. but you probably wouldn't want to.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #823 on: October 10, 2011, 01:21:53 PM »

Total defeatest attitube.  Shit is intense but it is only a couple years prepping you for life.  As much as you'd like to think you could, once you get into the workforce it is near impossible to go back to school.  Work hard now, get your degree no matter how "intense".  Work hard now so you won't have to in the work force.   

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #824 on: October 10, 2011, 01:31:22 PM »
Total defeatest attitube.  Shit is intense but it is only a couple years prepping you for life.  As much as you'd like to think you could, once you get into the workforce it is near impossible to go back to school.  Work hard now, get your degree no matter how "intense".  Work hard now so you won't have to in the work force.   

Well I see what you're saying but there are two reasons why I would perhaps not go with nuclear:

1) The particular subject might not be as interesting to me as I at first have imagined. I'll have to look more into it. If it's my thing, then of course I'd give 110%. But I wouldn't try to study something that I'm not really that fascinated by especially considering how tough it is.

2) The school I go at, it's not too uncommon for people to get their degree in 6-7 years instead of 5 if they're studying something that's really, really physics heavy. Like nuclear or engineering physics. You usually have to be a little bit out of the norm to not have to retake classes in those programs. So since I'm already in my early to mid twenties, I want to be done preferably at 28 or even earlier so I can get my career started. Besides, right now mechanical engineering is the most appealing to me for other reasons as well.

Are you an engineer? If so, what kind of work do you do?
from incomplete data