Author Topic: OFF TOPIC #23- Carl-less  (Read 3823 times)

Alex23

Re: OFF TOPIC #23- Carl-less
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2009, 12:10:54 AM »
google my image... Getbig is awesome... I bet you guys are my most loyal listeners!

U cover juice stories a la Jeff Somers & co... we're all impressed ::)

http://www.steroidtimes.com/author/aaron-singerman

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2009, 12:13:01 AM »
OFF TOPIC #23
Carl is traveling cross country... on his way to Houston, so I decided not to skip the show tonight... but instead to go SOLO!

Tonight on OFF TOPIC we have the premier of Amy Lynn Nichols, my girl friend.

Wow, oh very entertaining!!!

Does she touch on the subject of having a narcissistic, delusional, douchebag who spams internet forum boards  for a boyfriend???

Perhaps I would dial in for that episode.

Aaron Singerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2009, 12:13:21 AM »
It's bedtime for me fellas... It's 210 am here in Houston. I hope each one of you listens to this show (or a past one) and gets some laughs, enjoyment, or atleast is able to make your next cardio session less horrible. That's all I hope for. Have a good night.
A

io856

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2009, 12:55:03 AM »
It's bedtime for me fellas... It's 210 am here in Houston. I hope each one of you listens to this show (or a past one) and gets some laughs, enjoyment, or atleast is able to make your next cardio session less horrible. That's all I hope for. Have a good night.
hey I really like your show... of course there will be hate

its all good

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2009, 07:55:38 AM »
I like the show too but this Anthony Roberts segment was absofuckinglutely brutal. Nobody cares about either of your political views, just stick to having guests meltdown and tell outrageous stories.

The music has been tight this episode.
It's Hip to be Square!

Aaron Singerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2009, 10:06:26 PM »
hey I really like your show... of course there will be hate

its all good

Thanks you very much! It truly means a lot to me! Doing the show solo (including all the prep and post show stuff) wasn't easy! I missed Carl... Actually he just made it here to Houston tonight! I just got home from having a drink with him and playing a game of pool!
A

Aaron Singerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2009, 10:08:48 PM »
I like the show too but this Anthony Roberts segment was absofuckinglutely brutal. Nobody cares about either of your political views, just stick to having guests meltdown and tell outrageous stories.

The music has been tight this episode.

Either people loved the segment with Anthony or they hated it... Kind of like how most people feel about Anthony himself!
(Your opinion is noted!)

Thanks for the compliment on the music... I'll also pass that on to Carl!
A

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2009, 10:09:42 PM »
Either people loved the segment with Anthony or they hated it... Kind of like how most people feel about Anthony himself!
(Your opinion is noted!)

Thanks for the compliment on the music... I'll also pass that on to Carl!

Easy on the "noted" there pal >:(

You should give me and A23 a segment to ruminate on all things Getbig

Aaron Singerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2009, 10:14:20 PM »
Easy on the "noted" there pal >:(

You should give me and A23 a segment to ruminate on all things Getbig

I'm certainly not opposed to that possibility of having SOMEONE or SOME PEOPLE on the show to talk GetBig... I just need a consensus of who would be the best... and represents GetBig best... or worst!

Suggestions PLEASE!?
A

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2009, 10:16:39 PM »
I'm certainly not opposed to that possibility of having SOMEONE or SOME PEOPLE on the show to talk GetBig... I just need a consensus of who would be the best... and represents GetBig best... or worst!

Suggestions PLEASE!?

I just gave you a very good suggestion.  ;D

phish

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2009, 10:37:47 PM »
Reported for shameless spamming.

Now fuck off.

y u being a dic for no reason from wut ive seen singerman is a good guy and has sum funny guests.

Aaron Singerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2009, 10:42:20 PM »
I just gave you a very good suggestion.  ;D

You have a PM!
A

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2009, 10:47:17 PM »
You have a PM!

All kidding aside I doubt that Getbig would make for good radio, I know i'd feel like a dick talking about "who owned who", doesn't play IMO.

You could make an occasional wisecrack that everyone would get, but If I was on a show I'd probably talk about the same stuff everyone does, i would just be better at it  ;D

A good idea would be "focus on"  and spotlight a BBer. give a bio and your opiniion of the guy, take some calls, pro and con, and just roll with it.

We could start with Nasser ;D ;D

Aaron Singerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2009, 10:53:08 PM »
We have 22 other shows doing just that....

http://www.superhumanradio.com/media/ot/OT.xml
A

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2009, 10:54:43 PM »
We have 22 other shows doing just that....

http://www.superhumanradio.com/media/ot/OT.xml

Cool.  To Be Honest I never heard of your show until a few days ago, I'll check it out

PS  if me and Al were doing it it might have a little different tone ;D

Aaron Singerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2009, 10:55:07 PM »
All kidding aside I doubt that Getbig would make for good radio, I know i'd feel like a dick talking about "who owned who", doesn't play IMO.

You could make an occasional wisecrack that everyone would get, but If I was on a show I'd probably talk about the same stuff everyone does, i would just be better at it  ;D

A good idea would be "focus on"  and spotlight a BBer. give a bio and your opiniion of the guy, take some calls, pro and con, and just roll with it.

We could start with Nasser ;D ;D

Nasser has declined for now... His reasons were discussed on air... If this last show (#23) was the only show you've heard... well then you have only heard 50% of OFF TOPIC (as Carl was MIA).

What kind of radio or on air experience do you have?
A

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2009, 11:01:26 PM »
Nasser has declined for now... His reasons were discussed on air... If this last show (#23) was the only show you've heard... well then you have only heard 50% of OFF TOPIC (as Carl was MIA).

What kind of radio or on air experience do you have?

Iv'e never hosted a radio show and i'm sure it's a lot harder than it seems.  I was a Disc jockey at clubs, hosted a lot of contests (hot body, mud wrestling) so I have experience on a microphone, but not on air.

Aaron Singerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2009, 11:09:01 PM »
Iv'e never hosted a radio show and i'm sure it's a lot harder than it seems.  I was a Disc jockey at clubs, hosted a lot of contests (hot body, mud wrestling) so I have experience on a microphone, but not on air.

I don't think I'd say it's HARD... but it takes some prep time to make a show good... but mostly it takes a certain type of person... and a decent radio voice that doesn't get annoying after hours of listening. From you're background it sounds like you could do it. I can tell you one thing... when you have a show thousands of people listen to, and most of them like, it's an amazing feeling. I'd liken it to being a artist and selling out your work at every showing! I'm not a artist, but the analogy seems fitting!
A

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2009, 11:18:18 PM »
I don't think I'd say it's HARD... but it takes some prep time to make a show good... but mostly it takes a certain type of person... and a decent radio voice that doesn't get annoying after hours of listening. From you're background it sounds like you could do it. I can tell you one thing... when you have a show thousands of people listen to, and most of them like, it's an amazing feeling. I'd liken it to being a artist and selling out your work at every showing! I'm not a artist, but the analogy seems fitting!

I'm sure the whole show revolves around preparation, I would think you need to have the show mapped out well in advance as far as the segments, and you just ad-lib your way from one talking point to the next.

I sound straight outta brooklyn but i'm well spoken....if that makes any sense

Aaron Singerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2009, 11:20:19 PM »
I'm sure the whole show revolves around preparation, I would think you need to have the show mapped out well in advance as far as the segments, and you just ad-lib your way from one talking point to the next.

I sound straight outta brooklyn but i'm well spoken....if that makes any sense

Lol... You NEED to listen to another show! Sounding straight outta Brooklyn but being well spoken sumerizes my co-host, Carl Lanore to the tee!

A

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2009, 11:23:16 PM »
i listened to the whole thing while drawing/browsing the internet yesterday, the best part was when you talked about the guy getting his asshole sucked out by the drain in a swimming pool.

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2009, 11:27:44 PM »
i'll ask a 4th time about the mysterious disappearence of episode 22........but my bet is no will address it.......looks like somebody got a shit sandwich from polumbo and co......and and is saying "thank you sir may i have another" :) :)

io856

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2009, 11:33:56 PM »
i'll ask a 4th time about the mysterious disappearence of episode 22........but my bet is no will address it.......looks like somebody got a shit sandwich from polumbo and co......and and is saying "thank you sir may i have another" :) :)
Its up on itunes

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2009, 11:35:56 PM »
i understand that......but it remains mysteriously absent fron the rx muscle website......every other episode is there

Aaron Singerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2009, 11:36:53 PM »

This is the best I can do for you friend... My job isn't to rock the boat:

http://www.steroidtimes.com/off-topic-22-censored/2009
A