Author Topic: PDI Amatuer Night: = Big Flop  (Read 13082 times)

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
PDI Amatuer Night: = Big Flop
« on: September 15, 2006, 07:54:55 PM »

Had 14 competitors and gave away 8 procard...damn nice for guys who will never make a dime.  It's funny how a few of these guys never broke the top 10 at an NPC competition. 

Oh well, best of luck new pro's!  Oh yea, less than 25 in the crowds; where is the love for PDI? :-*

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Yes. Your retarted.
Re: PDI = BIG FLOT
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 07:56:41 PM »
total flop

LurkyLurker

• Getbig III
  • Advices
Re: PDI = BIG FLOP
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 12:25:50 PM »
Where's 240 to defend the show now? For six months all we heard from 240 was rants about how the PDI was da bomb. You couldn't visit this place without tripping over a "PDI Rulez" thread started by 240.

Now, the PDI qualifier finally arrives and he's got nada to say? Is he so excited he can't settle his little trembling fingers to type? Or is the wind simply blowing in another direction today? Maybe the gravy train he was so sure would stop at his station during the summer is looking more like a shitmobile to him? 

Monster flip flop. Monster integrity. Monster sticking by your team. And yes, it was your team. When you put "PDI" in your avatar quote line, it's your team.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 12:28:23 PM »
Where's 240 to defend the show now? For six months all we heard from 240 was rants about how the PDI was da bomb. You couldn't visit this place without tripping over a "PDI Rulez" thread started by 240. Now, the PDI qualifier finally arrives and he's got nada to say?

Simple explaination:   Wayne stopped paying him.
Ron: "I am lazy."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 12:31:29 PM »
I have nothing but good things to say about all of my former clients! :)

I'm definitely following the competition and wish the PDI success.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 12:32:24 PM »
No you dont, you liar. Nobody believes anything you say

lastrep

• Getbig III
  • One Last Rep!
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006, 12:36:21 PM »
Yea.. you're right. The first ever amatuer pdi show.. 14 competitors..
I wonder how many the ifbb had in their first show.. 5?

lastrep

• Getbig III
  • One Last Rep!
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 12:52:44 PM »
<2006 vs. 1950 = your retarded for trying to compare things.>

and "YOU ARE" retarded for lack of spelling. Don't start with a meltdown already son.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 01:00:43 PM »
Simple explaination:   Wayne stopped paying him.

I doubt DeMilia was paying 240 or Bust any money at all. He probably got the website for free, in return for perhaps vague future promises. We just don't know.

What I'd like to know is what kind of promises, or whatever you want to call it, that made several people, not only 240 or Bust, buy the concept and essentially work or in other ways submit to DeMilia with little or nothing in return.

What we know is that 240 or Bust isn't calling Wayne DeMilia "DeMilianaire" anymore. If it is because 240 called a bluff, is something that perhaps will be known one day.

Anyways, I doubt DeMilia ever paid 240 or Bust. If anything, the 9-11 conspiracy "interest" of 240 perhaps have made him a hard customer to fool.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2006, 01:03:16 PM »
Wheres onlyme at? Dude went silent. Must be a eating contest going on in hawaii

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2006, 01:49:49 PM »
Just got back from the Night of Champions prejudging rounds, was really good, very professional, 500-900 in the crowd.
Lee, Freys and Volton(?) and Sami, looked amazing.  Great bunch of physiques on stage.

Every one was great except Shawn Allen, guy coudn't stand still, kept pacing back and forthe taking away focus from the athlete on the dias. Insisted on acting  like a fool and trying to get attention from fans in audience. WHen he came out for the second round he was shacking a lot, and oil wasn't evenly spread. Didn't look as good as he thinks. Also insisted on posing after lights went down and the other competitors left the stage.

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2006, 01:58:21 PM »
insisted on posing after lights went down and the other competitors left the stage.

Sounds like he realized his (and the PDI's) 15 minutes are up

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2006, 02:06:17 PM »
The 911 conspiracy stuff, well, of course I feel there should be a new investigation.  There are just too many holes in the official story, (and too much new evidence and info), for any reasonable person to deny the need for a second investigation.

And my policy regarding pre-pay for work has and always will be this way.  And to keep work steady and constant, I just about never dip below the flat rate pricetag.  I mean, if jenn Searles wanted to invite me to a slumber party, then maybe I could knock off 5%. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2006, 02:09:57 PM »
Just got back from the judging rounds, was really good, very professional, 500-900 in the crowd.

Even with the comped tickets, considering the guys who reneged on the contracts, and the lack of IFBB guys not named priest...
500 to 900 for prejudging is pretty good.  Anyone else in attendance have tighter numbers?

How did Priest and Sami look?  Who is begging for 3rd? How's Rhino looking?

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2006, 05:23:24 PM »
Did they seriously only have 14? And gave away 8 pro cards at that?

If so, it is a very good thing they cancelled the other proqualifierd they were scheduled to have in Vegas and Orlando...if they had 3 amateur shows how many would they have had at each? 3 people? ::)

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2006, 05:30:21 PM »
That's a very good number.  Bodybuilders...if you aint in the top 10-15 at the olympia then go to the PDI.  There WILL be more contest and within 2 years I do believe it will be a good organization.     

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2006, 06:05:13 PM »
mods this thread should be deleted with a title like that. The show is on as we speak, I walked by (went to judging earlier) looks like a full house, lots of people and excitement.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2006, 08:40:06 PM »
mods this thread should be deleted with a title like that. The show is on as we speak, I walked by (went to judging earlier) looks like a full house, lots of people and excitement.

I hope there is some pics of the crowd.  Unlike other shows where we have to take Chic or Seans word for how many people were actually there.  It appears that the IFBB may be in for a run for its money if this show goes good.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2006, 08:46:15 PM »
Pics of the crowd mean nothing, Keith...it's already been shown that at LEAST 5000 tickets were given away for free...and that was just to one guy. As many as 1,000 seats could be comps....

hope the guys get paid...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2006, 08:49:46 PM »
Pics of the crowd mean nothing, Keith...it's already been shown that at LEAST 5000 tickets were given away for free...and that was just to one guy. As many as 1,000 seats could be comps....

Pics of the crowd could mean that more than 100 ppl showed up ;)

It's the truth...like the 100 people that were in attendance...and the 61 that attended last night.

Bob, here's a hypothetical.  Let's say I run a BBing federation and I give away every ticket for free.  I can pay for the prize $ and auditorium from sponsor money, other endeavors, or just form my Aunt Betsy's inheritance money.  The shows are packed, the sponsors get lots of views, the athletes are paid, and everyone has a good time.

Is this BBing show a failure, Bob?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2006, 08:52:41 PM »

hope the guys get paid...

5000 tickets given away.  the hall only holds 1500.  COme on you can do better bullshit than that.  Plus like I said who cares how many comps were given out.  At least they showed up.  People don't even show up to the Olympia when comps are given to them.  Now that is sad

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2006, 08:55:11 PM »
Pics of the crowd could mean that more than 100 ppl showed up ;)

Bob, here's a hypothetical.  Let's say I run a BBing federation and I give away every ticket for free.  I can pay for the prize $ and auditorium from sponsor money, other endeavors, or just form my Aunt Betsy's inheritance money.  The shows are packed, the sponsors get lots of views, the athletes are paid, and everyone has a good time.

Is this BBing show a failure, Bob?

Bob is far from a businessman and would not know the answer to this.  plus, thephone line is busy to Manions so he has to wait to get an answer.

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2006, 08:55:18 PM »
1000 comps or not, that's how you creat interest.  I'm a great trainer and I'll gladly give someone that doesn't know me a comp session, but after that they're gonna have to pay....since I'm good they always do.  The same thing could be said for PDI.  No doubt about it, today the show went off and that means a success....the fact that they had some good and very good physiques means more.  no matter what interest HAS been created.  A lot more IFBB guys will be asking a lot of questions and they should be.  If they didn't then they could NOT be considered competitors.  Guys want to compete!!!!  

In WWE wrestling the agents always say that the fan turn over is about 5 years, new ones in old ones out and some stick around.  Guaranteed that some of the new ones come from the many many comp tix given out around the world.  Create NEW business for your self.  

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2006, 08:57:20 PM »
5000 tickets given away.  the hall only holds 1500.  COme on you can do better bullshit than that.  Plus like I said who cares how many comps were given out.  At least they showed up.  People don't even show up to the Olympia when comps are given to them.  Now that is sad
He added an extra zero by mistake.

But how come there were comps given when it was sold out according to you? Months ago it was already almost sold out.

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2006, 09:10:24 PM »
Keith, Free burgers at the end of the Plank!!!!!!!!!!!!