Author Topic: Video of Stud RB  (Read 7130 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Video of Stud RB
« on: August 27, 2007, 10:41:14 AM »
She's a stud.  One of the sweetest cutbacks I've ever seen.   :)  http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1772146/

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
Re: Video of Stud RB
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 10:45:55 AM »
I thought this was going to be about RUDE BUOY
R

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 10:48:52 AM »
Nice. I was waiting for this to happen to a would be defender.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdvVaTbwMrE

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 10:51:55 AM »
dude that little girl got vision, speed and balance

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 11:07:30 AM »
Being a former back, Man I got flashbacks when she cut it back (about the :28 mark) and turned it upfield then split by those guys. If she would have added a spin in she would have been all house there.

Good stuff here. Great talent. I love to see that. awesome. 

body88

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 11:16:32 AM »
I cant watch this at work : (

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 11:22:25 AM »
I cant watch this at work : (

Damn that sucks...This chick is totting this rock....vision and cutback ability is awesome...

funny when  was playing pop warner.....i was fast so naturally i had to play tailback for my first years...but my ability to make people miss was a zero...i used t just try to run people over...needless to say i was playing linebacker for the next 13 yers

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 11:49:01 AM »
Horrible attempts at flag pulling.....

Those boys should go turn in their dicks for those pitiful attempted stops.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 11:56:46 AM »
Damn that sucks...This chick is totting this rock....vision and cutback ability is awesome...

funny when  was playing pop warner.....i was fast so naturally i had to play tailback for my first years...but my ability to make people miss was a zero...i used t just try to run people over...needless to say i was playing linebacker for the next 13 yers

Yes she was looking nice on the cutbacks. Female barry sanders there..lol.  ;)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 11:57:27 AM »
Yes she was looking nice on the cutbacks. Female barry sanders there..lol.  ;)

only thing though

wonder how she would look in pads

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 12:03:34 PM »
only thing though

wonder how she would look in pads

I think she would still have her cutback ability..etc. Should be able to carry that speed over some also. I would love to see that though. Aww man. That's the stuff when you drive by a park you hear about this you have to get out and take a look at it.

body88

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 12:28:01 PM »
Wow. That was impressive. Honestly.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 12:40:19 PM »
look at the other vid i posted...of the kid lambasting people all over the field

body88

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 12:49:36 PM »
look at the other vid i posted...of the kid lambasting people all over the field

Just watched it. That kid was awesome to.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 03:03:46 PM »

No. It wasn't.  ;D

body88

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2007, 03:13:02 PM »
No. It wasn't.  ;D

Haha imagine being the kids who got torched by her? School must have been fun the next day.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2007, 07:11:01 AM »
That was great.  Boys...you got a lot of work to do.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2007, 01:20:08 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2007, 01:31:55 PM »

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2007, 01:35:38 PM »
A little Barry Sanders!   :)
Was that kid breaking some serious ankles or what? :o ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2007, 01:52:56 PM »
Was that kid breaking some serious ankles or what? :o ;D

He sure was.  Looked like one kid almost broke his leg.   :)

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2007, 10:54:25 AM »
someone should have chopped her...and took a knee out..that's how you fix those scatbacks...
footloose and fancy free

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2011, 04:15:53 PM »
Check this one out!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fqSV1wnN5oQ

Been a long time since Colossus posted this clip of the little Barry Sanders (Cody Paul). 

Here is his junior year in high school.

Senior year:

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2012, 11:10:29 AM »
Awesome.  I want this girl's autograph.

Nine-year-old girl Sam Gordon shredding defenses to the tune of 25 touchdowns
Wed, Nov 7, 2012

Sam Gordon scored 25 touchdowns in her first season of tackle football. (Courtesy of Brent Gordon)

It started as a way for an 8-year-old girl to keep up with her big brother.

Sam Gordon just wanted to run with the older kids. The coaches in the local tackle football league figured, hey, why not? Maybe they could turn it into a drill: Who can outrun Max's little sister?

They were shocked to find the answer: no one.

Sam Gordon, now 9, became one of the fastest kids this Salt Lake City area "Gremlins" league had ever seen. They put her in drills and she outran boys two years older. They allowed her into the "Sharks and Minnows" game and stared in awe at not only at her speed, but her ability to move like a tailback.

"She could cut and follow blocks like a college football player," says her coach, Chris Staib.

Staib hatched a plan: His team was drafting seventh out of nine. He wanted to pick the girl. So he started talking her down, suggesting she would get hurt. The other coaches bought it, and with his first selection he chose Sam Gordon.

"You dog!" they howled.

Staib just laughed. Sam ended up running for 25 touchdowns and 10 conversions (no PATs at this level) in her first season playing tackle football. She earned the nickname "Sweet Feet" – a modern-day Rudy Huxtable – and a breathtaking viral video in which she looks so fast that you have to wonder if it's real.

"Oh it's real," says Staib. "That's her. I was there for all of that."

It may be real, but is it appropriate? This is a 9-year-old girl playing against bigger, stronger boys. She even had a trainer who put her through agility drills and plyometrics. Gordon is not even 60 pounds, and there's a kid on her team who weighs more than 150. (His nickname: Tank.) In an era of concussions and frequent ACL tears, it's fair to ask: What are the adults thinking?

Sam's dad, Brent, admits his daughter had an adjustment issue at first. "She had a little bit of a struggle," he said Tuesday in a phone interview from his Idaho law office. "The team lost a couple of games. Since she was the primary ball carrier, she felt a lot of pressure to win. She felt blame for losing."

His solution was the video, telling Sam not to worry about the end result but rather each play. "Get me some highlights," he told her. He says it helped.

And what about the tackling? There are some fairly vicious hits on this video.

"I started her out in soccer at 4 years old and we would play out in the yard," Brent explains. "And my son's friends were pretty aggressive and rough. She could really handle a lot of the physical play. There were some games where she'd fall down and just keep going. She would get kicked in the face, kicked in the gut and just keep going."

Sam Gordon (Courtesy of Brent Gordon)

Staib doesn't hesitate when asked about the hitting. He says Sam loves to tackle and even goes after Tank whenever she gets the chance. He's not worried. Brent says only once did Sam get shaken up from a hit. She came out of the game, rested for a few plays, then returned to score a touchdown.

"Some kids, right before the contact, they stop," Sam told her father. "I don't. I just hit 'em."

"That's not something I taught her, "Brent says.

A lot of people won't accept a 9-year-old girl playing tackle football, and perhaps with good reason. But it seems Sam loves it. Her dad and coach say she has no hesitation about coming back for another season. And her dad admits he's overwhelmed with pride, even though (or maybe especially because) he was no star athlete.

"With Sam, I keep questioning myself," he says. "Am I trying to make it something it's not because I'm her dad? I asked my brother, 'OK, am I just being a crazy dad here? Or is this really cool?' "

Maybe it's a little of one and a lot of the other. But what started as little Sam trying to keep up with her brother is now dozens of older boys trying to keep up with her.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/internet-sensation--nine-year-old-girl-shredding-defenses-to-the-tune-of-25-touchdowns.html