Author Topic: Breakin' OUT!  (Read 2047 times)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Breakin' OUT!
« on: November 07, 2007, 12:38:17 PM »
What do you guys do for when you break out?   I can't figure it out....i'm not doing anything differently in my diet or have changed anything...

natty too..

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Breakin' OUT!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 01:04:23 PM »
Try products containing salacylic acid. They make ones for the face and/or body. Benzoyl Peroxide is also effective, though can be very drying to the skin.

Read and follow the directions on the box.

Oh…
And don’t use these products before tanning. I once tanned after a small application on my chest and got white (pale) splotches. They were only minor and temporary.
I don’t remember specifically which product I used, but I suspect it was the peroxide.
Benzoyl peroxide dries the skin and dry skin doesn’t tan well.

Good luck.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 02:27:07 PM »
exfoliate exfoliate exfoliate exfoliate exfoliate...
and then go ahead and try some benzoyl peroxide
and exfoliate in hot water, then rinse, and then run cold water over your face.

copacetic

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 04:39:11 AM »
What do you guys do for when you break out?   I can't figure it out....i'm not doing anything differently in my diet or have changed anything...

natty too..

I used to get acne when i was a bit younger

1. first things first are they all swollen and do you get puss if so go to a doctor get some antibiotics you have an infection of some sort (they can even take a little sample and make sure if you want)

2. get a good 10% benzoyl peroxide panoxyl bar is the best(you can get at walmart for like 5 bucks)
wash your face 2 times a day
3. get johnson and johnson clean and clear 10% cream
apply after washing all over do not spot treat use just a little dab less is actually more effective than more
4. you want to get your skin peeling it might be uncomfortable but you will rid yourself of the acne the blockages cannot be "washed out" the skin must peel and slough off the blockage after a good month or so of bombarding the acne with BP or whenever you are not getting any more acne you may begin to cut back on your bp useage somewhat but you probably don't want to stop completely ever

warnings:
1. If you see puss go to the doctor it cost money but in the long run it will be worth it
2. If you are African american don't use benzoyl peroxide it can fuck you up use salicylic acid but the jig is still the same you want to make your skin peel even if it is uncomfortable

good luck message me if you need any clarification.....

I learned all of this from this book http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/701-7977833-6388330?%5Fencoding=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=books-ca&field-author=James%20E.%2C%20Jr.%2C%20M.D.%20Fulton
it was written by the person who invented benzoyl peroxide you can probably find it or another one of his books at just about anyplace that has a decent library system(thats where i got mine) I've only had probably 1 zit in the last 3 years.......

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 06:21:05 AM »
exfoliate exfoliate exfoliate exfoliate exfoliate...
and then go ahead and try some benzoyl peroxide
and exfoliate in hot water, then rinse, and then run cold water over your face.

You're now a dermatologist too?

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 07:16:49 AM »

sorry candizzle....but hahahahaha

all advices are appreciated guys..thanks!  But some interesting news of yesterday:  LISTEN TO THIS ...

yesterday, i go into the gym, ask for my usual towel to dry off my face from sweat......WELL, turns out, after being denied the towel, it's bc of a staph outbreak!  I've been using their towels!!!!!!  SO, i'm on an antibiotic now......

WORD TO THE WISE>>>>>BRING YOUR OWN TOWELS!!!!!!!!!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 08:45:03 AM »
acne is caused by dead skills cells that stick on to the face and do not slide of in the process of "roughage" that normally carries away dead skin cells...when these dead skin cells are left on the face they sit on top of pores and clog them. these clogged pores become infected with bacteria dn then a pimple will form.

if you constantly exfoliate away all of your dead skin cells, you will never allow there to be a chance of the bacteria to cause an infection.. but over exfoliation leads to an increase in your skins production of oil, thus meaning more and more washing will be needed. so you limit the amount that you exfoliate, and substitute in treatments with benzoyl peroxide. a 10% solution is needlessly potent, and will not really benefit you anymore than a 5% solution of benzoyl peroxide...and the 5% solution wont dry your face out as much.....    but the constant washing and treatment of your face WILL leave it dry and abused, you you will need to pick up a non cosmodegenic moisturizer and use it after weashing at least twice a week.

no im not a cosmetologist, i just read my "pro-active" pamphlete. hahah

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 08:55:08 AM »

sorry candizzle....but hahahahaha

all advices are appreciated guys..thanks!  But some interesting news of yesterday:  LISTEN TO THIS ...

yesterday, i go into the gym, ask for my usual towel to dry off my face from sweat......WELL, turns out, after being denied the towel, it's bc of a staph outbreak!  I've been using their towels!!!!!!  SO, i'm on an antibiotic now......

WORD TO THE WISE>>>>>BRING YOUR OWN TOWELS!!!!!!!!!

Staph outbreak?
Does the gym wash their towels before putting them back out?

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 09:25:14 AM »
acne is caused by dead skills cells that stick on to the face and do not slide of in the process of "roughage" that normally carries away dead skin cells...when these dead skin cells are left on the face they sit on top of pores and clog them. these clogged pores become infected with bacteria dn then a pimple will form.
Wrong. Or at least inaccurate.

The main culprit is different hormones (for the most part DHT, testosteron, even insulin probably, ...) stimulate the sebum glands too much. Then you also have cells INSIDE (so not the cells that grow on the outside of your face) your hair follicle blocking the sebum (these also grow faster than normally because of hormonal stimulation). The bacteria P. Acnes also plays a factor in this. The bacteria feed on the sebum inside the blocked pore, your body fights the bacteria, inflammation occurs, you get a zit. Good site:
http://dermatology.about.com/od/acne/ss/how_acne_forms.htm

Most products thin out your skin so the pores are less likely to be blocked. Benzoyl Peroxide also fights the bacteria. Do some research on different products. If it's just a couple of zits now and then, don't use anything. Most products don't work THAT good anyway.  If it's really serious, consider accutane, but do a lot of research cause it can have a lot of side-effects.

Don't overwash, or use too much products as these will hurt your skin and probably cause even more zits and damage. Try not to touch your face during the day. Wash it gently twice a day with lewd water (HOT water causes dehydration and promotes sebum production), dip dry (don't rub your face)...

If you want to use anything, i'd say go for Salicylic Acid, Benzoyl Peroxide creates a lot of free radicals in your skin.
$

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 09:25:47 AM »
On a serious note. Go to a dermatologist & see if you can get a script for Retin-A. I used it growing up with great results. Makes you a little more pron to sunburn but worth it in the end (IMO). After you use it regularly for a few months you can get away with only using about three times a week.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 10:30:52 AM »
well i'm pretty sure its from a strain of staph...

it's funny cause whenever i used to ask to use a towel, they never smelled like detergent...i think the gym was trying to cut corners and skimp on the detergent costs...

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 10:35:41 AM »
well i'm pretty sure its from a strain of staph...

it's funny cause whenever i used to ask to use a towel, they never smelled like detergent...i think the gym was trying to cut corners and skimp on the detergent costs...

What gym do you workout at?

All they would need to do is add a little soap & some bleech to the towels. Oh well.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 12:15:42 PM »
it's a non chain type gym...

they've been going crazy w disinfecting machines and equipment..

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 12:32:10 PM »
it's a non chain type gym...

they've been going crazy w disinfecting machines and equipment..

I see. What state do you live in? Is it one that the whole MRSA thing has been in the headlines?

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2007, 12:59:59 PM »
Yep...it's in Buffalo NY

strains of Staph are coming thru the area, with MRSA the worst...

guys, wash your hands half way thru working out and THOUROUGHLY after working out AT THE GYM.  THis means washing for over a minute....  these strains are serious...don't bring them home with you

copacetic

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2007, 04:35:21 PM »
Wrong. Or at least inaccurate.

The main culprit is different hormones (for the most part DHT, testosteron, even insulin probably, ...) stimulate the sebum glands too much. Then you also have cells INSIDE (so not the cells that grow on the outside of your face) your hair follicle blocking the sebum (these also grow faster than normally because of hormonal stimulation). The bacteria P. Acnes also plays a factor in this. The bacteria feed on the sebum inside the blocked pore, your body fights the bacteria, inflammation occurs, you get a zit. Good site:
http://dermatology.about.com/od/acne/ss/how_acne_forms.htm

Most products thin out your skin so the pores are less likely to be blocked. Benzoyl Peroxide also fights the bacteria. Do some research on different products. If it's just a couple of zits now and then, don't use anything. Most products don't work THAT good anyway.  If it's really serious, consider accutane, but do a lot of research cause it can have a lot of side-effects.

Don't overwash, or use too much products as these will hurt your skin and probably cause even more zits and damage. Try not to touch your face during the day. Wash it gently twice a day with lewd water (HOT water causes dehydration and promotes sebum production), dip dry (don't rub your face)...

If you want to use anything, i'd say go for Salicylic Acid, Benzoyl Peroxide creates a lot of free radicals in your skin.

Don't consider accutane it sucks :) and do use BP salicylic acid does nothing and do not use that crappy pro-activ stuff well at least stay away from the "toner" because its not in fact toner stay away from retin a its crap too i've found that it is the one that really increases sebum production only use it if you have scars but i've found that most acne is in fact staph infections because real acne isn't really that bad a staph infection is fucking horrible....and staph is everywhere so is mrsa so watch your shit people....staph can even be transmitted sexually so don't touch your girl if you've got a staph infection because you can transmit it to her and then you'll finally get rid of the infection only to be reinfected and its a horrible cycle....although i believe i am genetically susceptible to staph......which sucks

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2007, 07:17:34 AM »
I have the antibiotics..

but i do use BP and then a little later SA.  These, in combination seem to work and don't overdry...

also, not overwashing my face is helping.....once a day after working out is it.  twice seems to overdry and cause more problems

thanks for the input guys!

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2007, 07:28:27 AM »
The acne might just be from the change in humidity that is occuring from going from warm weather to colder weather.  Your skin will dry out a little faster causing you to naturally attempt to counteract this by secreting more oils.