Author Topic: Police State - Official Thread  (Read 988880 times)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Re: Police State - Official Thread
« Reply #625 on: November 01, 2011, 02:37:49 PM »
"While listening to the NYPD officer's phone, investigators allegedly heard calls from people seeing if he could fix tickets for them. Ramos has been working for the department for nearly 18 years. He and his wife were arrested at their home on Thursday night. All other 15 policemen turned themselves in, reported the New York Post.

And you know these investigators are cops?  Or members of the DA's office?  Or feds?  Or are you trying to play the old DA = top cop, etc.?

Whatever.  Yes, eventually other cops at some level have to arrest the bad ones.  If that's your pathetic attempt at denying the blue wall exists, then bahahahahahaha....how sad.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #626 on: November 06, 2011, 07:13:34 PM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Cops suspected of illegal gun sales in Calfornia probe
sacbee.com ^ | 6 Nov 2011 | Sam Stanton
Posted on November 6, 2011 9:41:59 PM EST by smokingfrog

SACRAMENTO — The federal probe into suspected illegal gun sales by local law enforcement officers involves at least four major police agencies in the Sacramento region, officials confirmed Friday.

Two deputies from the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department, one Sacramento police officer and one Roseville police officer are the focus of the probe that spilled into the open Thursday, the Bee has learned.

In addition, a Sacramento firearms dealer allegedly involved with some of the officers is under investigation, sources said.

Agents from the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives served a number of search warrants Thursday at officers' homes and a Sacramento gun shop.

At least three officers were placed on administrative leave Thursday: the Roseville officer and the two Sacramento County sheriff's deputies.

Roseville Police Sgt. Cal Walstad confirmed one officer from his agency was placed on leave but said he could not name the officer or provide further details. Two deputies who worked out of the Sacramento County sheriff's Rio Cosumnes Correctional Center also were placed on leave Thursday, sources told The Bee.

Sacramento police confirmed that one of their officers is under investigation in the case but would not release details. In addition, a California Highway Patrol officer based in the Sacramento region is considered a witness in the case, CHP spokeswoman Fran Clader said.

Sheriff Scott Jones said he understands the public has a lot of unanswered questions about the investigation, including the number and type of weapons involved, the relationship among the targets and the people to whom the guns were being sold illegally.

"Frankly, they're all legitimate questions," he said.

But Jones said he cannot speak in detail about the case because it is ongoing and because the ATF is the lead agency.

(Excerpt) Read more at sacbee.com ...

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #627 on: November 07, 2011, 12:29:30 PM »

And you know these investigators are cops?  Or members of the DA's office?  Or feds?  Or are you trying to play the old DA = top cop, etc.?

Whatever.  Yes, eventually other cops at some level have to arrest the bad ones.  If that's your pathetic attempt at denying the blue wall exists, then bahahahahahaha....how sad.

You need some help skip.. you went from semi reasonable to unpleasant overnight..

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #628 on: November 07, 2011, 04:38:30 PM »
The fact you are blind to the fact is laughable.

True story... I know this girl who was beat up by her bf... His cousin is a sheriff in a local county, that sheriff made a call to the Judge in the county of the infraction and the girl's domestic case was immediately dismissed.

She didn't even get to say her mind in court, the judge simply heard 2 questions and the commonwealth attorney requested a dismissal and they granted it!

Sounds like you got a screwed up system up there... what are you doing about it?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #629 on: November 08, 2011, 04:23:47 PM »
You need some help skip.. you went from semi reasonable to unpleasant overnight..

Nope, same guy.  I just see no point in lying.  You, on the other hand, seem to be very dishonest.  And if you're dishonest on a message board, I can only imagine what you're like at work.

I've said before, I think most cops are good.  Hell, my brother's a cop not far from you (but he's honest too).

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #630 on: November 08, 2011, 04:25:52 PM »
I rail against it constantly.

However, I'm in the minority. Be honest.

Most people don't care because the system doesn't get everyone. It gets a small percentage and those people get shafted.

The powers that be are stalin-esque in that they follow a policy of benevolent dictatorship.

Take advantage of the few but allow the overall majority to feel as if it's working well enough for them.

When you screw over 1 in 50 or 1 in 100 the other 99 are happy and there is no upheaval. If you fucked over 1 out of 10 you would have a lot more malcontents.

Yes, this goes right back to my initial argument that people in public service fail to police themselves.  And that makes EVERYBODY else look bad.  We have to do a much better job.  Constant uphill battle with the unions sometimes, but sometimes we've got people who are just assholes.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #631 on: November 08, 2011, 05:18:21 PM »

Nope, same guy.  I just see no point in lying.  You, on the other hand, seem to be very dishonest.  And if you're dishonest on a message board, I can only imagine what you're like at work.

I've said before, I think most cops are good.  Hell, my brother's a cop not far from you (but he's honest too).

Yeah skip, you are honest, your brother is honest, but I'm not... awesome conclusion based on... well, nothing.. but hell, that hasn't stopped you from concluding many things on these boards has it

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #632 on: November 08, 2011, 05:52:36 PM »
Yeah skip, you are honest, your brother is honest, but I'm not... awesome conclusion based on... well, nothing.. but hell, that hasn't stopped you from concluding many things on these boards has it
Skip is probably one of the most reasonable people here IMO.  He's more willing to listen to opinions he may not like and answer in an unbias way or an understanding way even though he doesn't agree.  We would do good to have more people like Skip posting here.

His only fault that I can see, he's a Steelers fan :-\  

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #633 on: November 08, 2011, 06:59:50 PM »
Skip is probably one of the most reasonable people here IMO.  He's more willing to listen to opinions he may not like and answer in an unbias way or an understanding way even though he doesn't agree.  We would do good to have more people like Skip posting here.

His only fault that I can see, he's a Steelers fan :-\ 

Ouch.  It's been a rough Mon and Tues too.  I was shit talking at work about how it's going to be hard for Baltimore to beat us twice in the same season, yada, yada...

Now I'm getting smacked around every 10 minutes or so.

Sucks...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #634 on: November 08, 2011, 07:12:20 PM »

Ouch.  It's been a rough Mon and Tues too.  I was shit talking at work about how it's going to be hard for Baltimore to beat us twice in the same season, yada, yada...

Now I'm getting smacked around every 10 minutes or so.

Sucks...
You'll live ;D  I'm a Broncos fan and look at what I've had to cheer for year after year... not much...  If all you have to do is get a little shit.... lol... you can take it... ;D

At least Ben wears number 7 in honor of Elway ;D  That's about the only positive thing I see in that team lol...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #635 on: November 09, 2011, 02:06:17 PM »
Pregnant mom: Sandwich arrest was horrifying
pantagraph.com ^ | 5 Nov 2011 | AP story

Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2011 1:09:41 PM by smokingfrog

HONOLULU -- Nicole Leszczynski couldn't imagine that two chicken salad sandwiches would land her and her husband in jail and her 2-year-old daughter in state custody. But it happened five days ago, when the 30-weeks-pregnant woman forgot to pay for her snack while grocery shopping.

"It was the most ridiculous chain of events that happened," she said while sobbing Monday. "It's still hard to believe what happened."

Leszczynski, 28, and her husband Marcin, 33, were handcuffed, searched then released on $50 bail each. Their ordeal at the police station lasted a few hours, but their daughter Zofia spent the night away from her parents in a case that has sparked nationwide outrage and forced the Safeway supermarket chain to review the incident.

The family had moved to an apartment near downtown Honolulu from California two weeks ago. Still settling in, they ventured out Wednesday to stock up on groceries, took the bus, got lost, and ended up at a Safeway supermarket.

Famished, the former Air Force staff sergeant picked up the two sandwiches that together cost $5. She openly munched on one while they shopped, saving the wrapper to be scanned at the register later.

But they forgot to pay for the sandwiches as they checked out with about $50 worth of groceries.

(Excerpt) Read more at pantagraph.com ...

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #636 on: November 09, 2011, 03:53:21 PM »
You'll live ;D  I'm a Broncos fan and look at what I've had to cheer for year after year... not much...  If all you have to do is get a little shit.... lol... you can take it... ;D

At least Ben wears number 7 in honor of Elway ;D  That's about the only positive thing I see in that team lol...

yeah, I think you all are like 3-5 or something?  I believe you play a little better on road.  Is KC taking lead in your division?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #637 on: November 12, 2011, 12:25:34 PM »
Free Republic
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Occupy Blue Wall Street?
The American Interest ^ | November 6, 2011 | Walter Russell Mead
Posted on November 12, 2011 2:46:15 PM EST by neverdem

New Yorkers are getting an uncomfortable look at the ugly realities behind what we like to think of as the country’s bluest, most European and most enlightened city. A series of trials now underway in the Bronx reveal the harsh truth of embedded corruption and contempt for the public at the heart (if that is the right word) of the New York City police union.

A palpably shocked New York Times covered the story last week as union-organized cops hurled their venom and hate at the law they are sworn to uphold:

As 16 police officers were arraigned at State Supreme Court in the Bronx, incensed colleagues organized by their union cursed and taunted prosecutors and investigators, chanting “Down with the D.A.” and “Ray Kelly, hypocrite.”

Many of the approximately 1,600 allegations against the Bronx 16 are low level ticket-fixing charges. In the Bronx (as in many other American jurisdictions) it has been a police perk for many years that officers can quietly fix tickets for family, friends and, one supposes, the occasional generous stranger. Those perks seem to reflect an informal, parallel power structure in the police force which gives long serving cops and union connected officers what those involved no doubt see as just and fair recompense for services rendered and dues paid...

(Excerpt) Read more at blogs.the-american-interest.com ...

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #638 on: November 13, 2011, 11:44:48 AM »
Free Republic
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Occupy Blue Wall Street?
The American Interest ^ | November 6, 2011 | Walter Russell Mead
Posted on November 12, 2011 2:46:15 PM EST by neverdem

New Yorkers are getting an uncomfortable look at the ugly realities behind what we like to think of as the country’s bluest, most European and most enlightened city. A series of trials now underway in the Bronx reveal the harsh truth of embedded corruption and contempt for the public at the heart (if that is the right word) of the New York City police union.

A palpably shocked New York Times covered the story last week as union-organized cops hurled their venom and hate at the law they are sworn to uphold:

As 16 police officers were arraigned at State Supreme Court in the Bronx, incensed colleagues organized by their union cursed and taunted prosecutors and investigators, chanting “Down with the D.A.” and “Ray Kelly, hypocrite.”

Many of the approximately 1,600 allegations against the Bronx 16 are low level ticket-fixing charges. In the Bronx (as in many other American jurisdictions) it has been a police perk for many years that officers can quietly fix tickets for family, friends and, one supposes, the occasional generous stranger. Those perks seem to reflect an informal, parallel power structure in the police force which gives long serving cops and union connected officers what those involved no doubt see as just and fair recompense for services rendered and dues paid...

(Excerpt) Read more at blogs.the-american-interest.com ...

"and one supposes, the occasional generous stranger".......what ever happened to real news reporting .. ::)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #639 on: November 14, 2011, 07:48:53 PM »
Seriously dude?

So you read the entire article, and the one thing you mention is that that the statement of "the occasional generous stranger" isn't real news?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

You have got to be joking.

nah, dead serious. When I read an article for example and it is written by Fox news, I can't depend too much on the article being unbiased. When I read something or watch something on MSNBC I have to take it with a grain of salt because it is biased news. When someone is writing an article and leaves the fact reporting to start making suppositions that they have no idea are true or not, it again hurts the credibility. What the officers were doing and have done for years in my book is obviously wrong. That officers are defending their actions with "thats the way we've always done it and the administration knew and didnt care" doesnt make it right. It's a no brainer that doesnt need my comments. But I just miss the old school days of journalism where the news was reported and the authors biases were kept out for the most part.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #640 on: November 19, 2011, 08:49:21 AM »
That cop really is a sadistic bully. 

What these power craven union thugs in the pd don't grasp is that it is crap like this that will make those on the fence feel sympathy for some of these kids. 

Maybe the next time this thug cop writes some bogus ticket or makes a false arrest to boost his bloated OT and pension, maybe, just, maybe, for once someone will pepper spray this thug till he coughes up blood.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #641 on: November 20, 2011, 08:22:59 PM »
Family Says Police Killed Their Dogs and Slammed Grandmother to Ground
WHO-TV (NBC) Des Moines, Iowa ^ | November 18, 2011 | Aaron Brilbeck
Posted on November 20, 2011 8:50:57 PM EST by bamahead

Matthew Spaulding says he and his family were terrorized at their own home by police who slammed his grandmother to the ground and shot his dogs-- missing his head by less than an inch. "Told us to get on the ground. I got on the ground they put me in handcuffs," Spaulding recalls, "Then they threw my dad to the ground and my dog Sadie was right here sniffing my head. She was next to me. They shot her. The blood got on my face and then she took off running behind me and they shot her like three more times."

Tuesday morning, Greene County Sheriffs Deputies and Perry Police officers arrived at Spaulding's Jefferson farmhouse to deliver a search warrant. The Spauldings say they were immediately ordered to the ground.. even Matthew Spauldings' disabled father, Chris. "My son hit the ground I hit the ground but I didn't make it too fast so (the officer) jumped on the middle of my back, shoved his knee in and held a gun to the back of my head and handcuffed me. After they shot my first dog my mom come out"

"They had taken me to the ground," Chris Spauldings' mother Susan Mace says, "So I was laying with my face in the ground. And I asked them why they shot the dog because the dogs weren't close to them"

The Spauldings say after the first dog was killed, a second dog running away from the shots --- and away from police--- was also shot. "They weren't barking. They weren't attacking nobody." Matthew Spaulding says, "They didn't even give us a chance to put them in the kennel. We have a big kennel outside our house we could have put them in but they wouldn't give us a chance."

Perry Police are not commenting. And they're refusing to turn over any paperwork or reports about the incident saying it's part of an ongoing investigation. But we were able to get copies of the search warrants. One warrant shows police were looking for any kind of legal or illegal drugs. The other shows police were looking for a stolen X-Box video game system. No drugs and no stolen games were found--and no one was arrested.

Chris Spaulding says he's furious his dogs were killed--his mother was ruffed up and his son was almost killed by police---all over a missing video game system. "Some of these officers should be fired because they kinda took their job too far. No common sense. No public safety when you got a kid on the ground," he says, "That's messed up man. Right beside his head. You could have shot my son."

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #642 on: November 21, 2011, 11:02:55 AM »
That cop really is a sadistic bully. 

What these power craven union thugs in the pd don't grasp is that it is crap like this that will make those on the fence feel sympathy for some of these kids. 

Maybe the next time this thug cop writes some bogus ticket or makes a false arrest to boost his bloated OT and pension, maybe, just, maybe, for once someone will pepper spray this thug till he coughes up blood.

It's been our experience in dealing with similar protests that pepper spray is not the answer. The better option is to explain that they have to move, explain what will happen if they don't then calmly and methodically remove each person one by one. Had they skipped the pepper spray, it would have ended the same

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #643 on: November 26, 2011, 04:59:03 AM »
Senate To Vote On Legislation That Allows U.S. Military to Detain Americans Without Charge or Trial
The SHTF.com ^ | 25 Nov, 2011 | Mac Slavo
Posted on November 25, 2011 6:06:35 PM EST by Errant

Remember that debate between Ron Paul and Newt Gingrich, where Mr. Gingrich suggested we should expand and strengthen the Patriot Act in the name of protecting US citizens from terrorists? Mr. Gingrich indicated that there exists a line between criminal law and the war on terror, and that we need not worry the government will overstep its bounds.

While Americans enjoy the Thanksgiving weekend and join the annual running of the bulls celebration at malls and retail outlets, something sinister is taking place in Congress – and it should scare the hell out of you. If the President and Senate have their way, your front lawn will soon become a battlefield, and you’ll be subjected to military, not criminal, law.

From the ACLU Via The Daily Sheeple:

The Senate is gearing up for a vote on Monday or Tuesday that goes to the very heart of who we are as Americans. The Senate will be voting on a bill that will direct American military resources not at an enemy shooting at our military in a war zone, but at American citizens and other civilians far from any battlefield — even people in the United States itself.

The Senate is going to vote on whether Congress will give this president—and every future president — the power to order the military to pick up and imprison without charge or trial civilians anywhere in the world. Even Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) raised his concerns about the NDAA detention provisions during last night’s Republican debate. The power is so broad that even U.S. citizens could be swept up by the military and the military could be used far from any battlefield, even within the United States itself.

The worldwide indefinite detention without charge or trial provision is in S. 1867, the National Defense Authorization Act bill, which will be on the Senate floor on Monday. The bill was drafted in secret by Sens. Carl Levin (D-Mich.) and John McCain (R-Ariz.) and passed in a closed-door committee meeting, without even a single hearing.

I know it sounds incredible. New powers to use the military worldwide, even within the United States? Hasn’t anyone told the Senate that Osama bin Laden is dead, that the president is pulling all of the combat troops out of Iraq and trying to figure out how to get combat troops out of Afghanistan too? And American citizens and people picked up on American or Canadian or British streets being sent to military prisons indefinitely without even being charged with a crime. Really? Does anyone think this is a good idea? And why now?

This is happening right now – IN AMERICA! A law that is designed to specifically bypass Constitutional protections and one that will undoubtedly be used against the American people to further advance and expand the national police state.

Once signed into law the President (or anyone of his minions within the Justice Department or Homeland Security acting on his behalf) can issue orders to arrest, detain and imprison an American citizen in the United States without due process. Since most terror arrests fall into the realm of national security, and therefore are secret, no evidence would ever need to be presented for the permanent detainment (and who knows what else) of an American imprisoned under this law.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #644 on: November 26, 2011, 11:29:40 AM »
Driven By Drug War Incentives, Cops Target Pot Smokers, Brush Off Victims Of Violent Crime
11/25/11 11:20 AM ET Updated: 11/25/11 12:38 PM ET

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/21/drug-war-incentives-police-violent-crime_n_1105701.html

CHICAGO -- As Jessica Shaver and I chat at a coffee shop in Chicago's north-side Andersonville neighborhood, a police car pulls into the parking lot across the street. Then another. Two cops get out, lean up against their cars, and appear to gaze across traffic into the store. At times, they seem to be looking directly at us. Shaver, who works as an eyebrow waxer at a nearby spa, appears nervous.

"See what I mean? They follow me," says Shaver, 30. During several phone conversations Shaver told me that she thinks a small group of Chicago police officers are trying to intimidate her. These particular cops likely aren't following her; the barista tells me Chicago cops regularly stop in that particular parking lot to chat. But if Shaver is a bit paranoid, it's hard to blame her.

A year and a half ago she was beaten by a neighborhood thug outside of a city bar. It took months of do-it-yourself sleuthing, a meeting with a city alderman and a public shaming in a community newspaper before the Chicago Police Department would pay any attention to her. About a year later, Shaver got more attention from cops than she ever could have wanted: A team of Chicago cops took down her door with a battering ram and raided her apartment, searching for drugs.

Shaver has no evidence that the two incidents are related, and they likely aren't in any direct way. But they provide a striking example of how the drug war perverts the priorities of America's police departments. Federal anti-drug grants, asset forfeiture policies and a generation of battlefield rhetoric from politicians have made pursuing low-level drug dealers and drug users a top priority for police departments across the country. There's only so much time in the day, and the focus on drugs often comes at the expense of investigating violent crimes with victims like Jessica Shaver. In the span of about a year, she experienced both problems firsthand.

THE BATTERY

On the night of May 13, 2010, Shaver was smoking a cigarette with her friend Damon outside the Flat Iron bar in Wicker Park. She said she saw a woman walking away from the bar alone when two men began shouting profanities at her. The men then began walking toward the woman. "I made eye contact with her, and she looked like she was in trouble," Shaver said.

Shaver shouted at the men to leave the woman alone, at which point she says the the two men turned their attention to her, approached her, and began shouting at her. Damon told the men to leave Shaver alone. They jumped Damon and began to beat him. Shaver said she then tried to pry the men off her friend, and managed to free him long enough for him to get away and call 911. Shaver said she was punched repeatedly, including in the face. She fell, stood up, and was hit in the face again. The men then robbed her and left. When she woke up the next morning with bruises, she went to the hospital. Doctors found a concussion and several contusions.

Two weeks later, Shaver still hadn't heard from the detective assigned to her case. When she finally went to the police station in person to get an update on the investigation, she was told there was no record of the incident. She filed another report, but was told it was unlikely police would be able to track down the witnesses again, and that even if they were, the witnesses' memories were likely to have faded. Shaver says she decided to investigate on her own. She went back to the Flat Iron and questioned customers and employees herself. A bartender gave her the men's nicknames: "Cory" and "Sonny," the guy who hit her. Shaver learned that Sonny was also a reputed cocaine dealer. She heard he had a violent streak, and had been banned from a number of neighborhood bars.

"I was scared," Shaver said. "I'd heard bad things about this guy, and he knew who I was."

Shaver is thoroughly tattooed, which makes her easy to recognize. So she dyed her hair, covered her tattoos with clothing, and kept investigating. She worked her way through social networking sites like Facebook and MySpace until she was able to put actual names to her attackers' faces and nicknames. And yet she still couldn't get anyone at Chicago PD to help her. "I gave them the guy's name and everything," she said. "There were even hip hop videos online with him in them. I told them, 'That's the guy!' They still wouldn't listen to me."

In August 2010, three months after the attack, Shaver contacted a reporter for Time Out Chicago, who began asking around about her case. Shaver also met with Chicago Alderman Joe Marino. Shortly before the Time Out article went to press, a detective finally called Shaver down to the police station to identify her attacker. But even with her identification, the police didn't arrest "Sonny." He wasn't charged with the assault until the following month, when he was arrested on an unrelated domestic violence charge.

Shortly after she finally identified her attacker at the police station, Shaver said the detective in charge of her case told her, "Now I don't want to hear any more bitching from you."

MISPLACED PRIORITIES

Arresting people for assaults, beatings and robberies doesn't bring money back to police departments, but drug cases do in a couple of ways. First, police departments across the country compete for a pool of federal anti-drug grants. The more arrests and drug seizures a department can claim, the stronger its application for those grants.

"The availability of huge federal anti-drug grants incentivizes departments to pay for SWAT team armor and weapons, and leads our police officers to abandon real crime victims in our communities in favor of ratcheting up their drug arrest stats," said former Los Angeles Deputy Chief of Police Stephen Downing. Downing is now a member of Law Enforcement Against Prohibition, an advocacy group of cops and prosecutors who are calling for an end to the drug war.

"When our cops are focused on executing large-scale, constitutionally questionable raids at the slightest hint that a small-time pot dealer is at work, real police work preventing and investigating crimes like robberies and rapes falls by the wayside," Downing said.

And this problem is on the rise all over the country. Last year, police in New York City arrested around 50,000 people for marijuana possession. Pot has been decriminalized in New York since 1977, but displaying the drug in public is still a crime. So police officers stop people who look "suspicious," frisk them, ask them to empty their pockets, then arrest them if they pull out a joint or a small amount of marijuana. They're tricked into breaking the law. According to a report from Queens College sociologist Harry Levine, there were 33,775 such arrests from 1981 to 1995. Between 1996 and 2010 there were 536,322.

Several NYPD officers have alleged that in some precincts, police officers are asked to meet quotas for drug arrests. Former NYPD narcotics detective Stephen Anderson recently testified in court that it's common for cops in the department to plant drugs on innocent people to meet those quotas -- a practice for which Anderson himself was then on trial.

At the same time, there's increasing evidence that the NYPD is paying less attention to violent crime. In an explosive Village Voice series last year, current and former NYPD officers told the publication that supervising officers encouraged them to either downgrade or not even bother to file reports for assault, robbery and even sexual assault. The theory is that the department faces political pressure to produce statistics showing that violent crime continues to drop. Since then, other New Yorkers have told the Voice that they have been rebuffed by NYPD when trying to report a crime.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #646 on: November 28, 2011, 07:59:06 AM »
Senate Moves To Allow Military To Intern Americans Without Trial

NDAA detention provision would turn America into a “battlefield”

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
Monday, November 28, 2011

The Senate is set to vote on a bill today that would define the whole of the United States as a “battlefield” and allow the U.S. Military to arrest American citizens in their own back yard without charge or trial.

“The Senate is going to vote on whether Congress will give this president—and every future president — the power to order the military to pick up and imprison without charge or trial civilians anywhere in the world. The power is so broad that even U.S. citizens could be swept up by the military and the military could be used far from any battlefield, even within the United States itself,” writes Chris Anders of the ACLU Washington Legislative Office.

Under the ‘worldwide indefinite detention without charge or trial’ provision of S.1867, the National Defense Authorization Act bill, which is set to be up for a vote on the Senate floor this week, the legislation will “basically say in law for the first time that the homeland is part of the battlefield,” said Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), who supports the bill.

The bill was drafted in secret by Senators Carl Levin (D-Mich.) and John McCain (R-Ariz.), before being passed in a closed-door committee meeting without any kind of hearing. The language appears in sections 1031 and 1032 of the NDAA bill.

“I would also point out that these provisions raise serious questions as to who we are as a society and what our Constitution seeks to protect,” Colorado Senator Mark Udall said in a speech last week. One section of these provisions, section 1031, would be interpreted as allowing the military to capture and indefinitely detain American citizens on U.S. soil. Section 1031 essentially repeals the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 by authorizing the U.S. military to perform law enforcement functions on American soil. That alone should alarm my colleagues on both sides of the aisle, but there are other problems with these provisions that must be resolved.”

A d v e r t i s e m e n t
This means Americans could be declared domestic terrorists and thrown in a military brig with no recourse whatsoever. Given that the Department of Homeland Security has characterized behavior such as buying gold, owning guns, using a watch or binoculars, donating to charity, using the telephone or email to find information, using cash, and all manner of mundane behaviors as potential indicators of domestic terrorism, such a provision would be wide open to abuse.

“American citizens and people picked up on American or Canadian or British streets being sent to military prisons indefinitely without even being charged with a crime. Really? Does anyone think this is a good idea? And why now?” asks Anders.

The ACLU is urging citizens to call their Senator and demand that the Udall Amendment be added to the bill, a change that would at least act as a check to prevent Americans being snatched off the streets without some form of Congressional oversight.

We have been warning for over a decade that Americans would become the target of laws supposedly aimed at terrorists and enemy combatants. Alex Jones personally documented how U.S. troops were being trained to arrest U.S. citizens in the event of martial law during urban warfare training drills back in the 90′s. Under the the National Defense Authorization Act bill, no declaration of martial law is necessary since Americans would now be subject to the same treatment as suspected insurgents in places like Afghanistan and Iraq.

If you thought that the executive assassination of American citizens abroad was bad enough, now similar powers will be extended to the “homeland,” in other words, your town, your community, your back yard.

Paul Joseph Watson is the editor and writer for Prison Planet.com. He is the author of Order Out Of Chaos. Watson is also a regular fill-in host for The Alex Jones Show.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #647 on: December 05, 2011, 11:57:30 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #648 on: December 21, 2011, 07:03:13 AM »
Local Cops Ready for War With Homeland Security-Funded Military Weapons

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/12/20/local-cops-ready-for-war-with-homeland-security-funded-military-weapons.html

A decade of billions in spending in the name of homeland security has armed local police departments with military-style equipment and a new commando mentality. But has it gone too far? Andrew Becker and G.W. Schulz of the Center for Investigative Reporting report.

by Andrew Becker  (/contributors/andrew-becker.html) , G. W. Schulz  (/contributors/g--w--schulz.html)  | December 21, 2011 4:45 AM EST

Nestled amid plains so flat the locals joke you can watch your dog run away for miles, Fargo treasures its placid lifestyle, seldom pierced by the mayhem and violence common in other urban communities. North Dakota (/cheats/2011/12/12/police-use-predator-drones.html) ’s largest city has averaged fewer than two homicides a year since 2005, and there’s not been a single international terrorism prosecution in the last decade.

But that hasn’t stopped authorities in Fargo and its surrounding county from going on an $8 million buying spree to arm police officers with the sort of gear once reserved only for soldiers fighting foreign wars.

Every city squad car is equipped today with a military-style assault rifle, and officers can don Kevlar helmets able to withstand incoming fire from battlefield-grade ammunition. And for that epic confrontation—if it ever occurs—officers can now summon a new $256,643 armored truck, complete with a rotating turret. For now, though, the menacing truck is used mostly for training and appearances at the annual city picnic, where it’s been parked near the children’s bounce house.

“Most people are so fascinated by it, because nothing happens here,” says Carol Archbold, a Fargo resident and criminal justice professor at North Dakota State University. “There’s no terrorism here.”

Like Fargo, thousands of other local police departments nationwide have been amassing stockpiles of military-style equipment in the name of homeland security, aided by more than $34 billion in federal grants since the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, a Daily Beast investigation conducted by the Center for Investigative Reporting (http://centerforinvestigativereporting.org/)  has found.

Interactive Map: States Spend Billions on Homeland Security (http://projects.cironline.org/police-grants
 Atlanta Police S.W.A.T. members searched a building for a shooting suspect in July of 2010., John Bazemore

The buying spree has transformed local police departments into small, army-like forces, and put intimidating equipment into the hands of civilian officers. And that is raising questions about whether the strategy has gone too far, creating a culture and capability that jeopardizes public safety and civil rights while creating an expensive false sense of security.

“The argument for up-armoring is always based on the least likely of terrorist scenarios,” says Mark Randol, a former terrorism expert at the Congressional Research Service, the nonpartisan research arm of Congress. “Anyone can get a gun and shoot up stuff. No amount of SWAT equipment can stop that.”

Local police bristle at the suggestion that they’ve become “militarized,” arguing the upgrade in firepower and other equipment is necessary to combat criminals with more lethal capabilities. They point to the 1997 Los Angeles-area bank robbers who pinned police for hours with assault weapons, the gun-wielding student who perpetrated the Virginia Tech massacre in 2007, and the terrorists who waged a bloody rampage in Mumbai, India (/articles/2009/11/19/reliving-mumbais-911.html) , that left 164 people dead and 300 wounded in 2008.

The new weaponry and battle gear, they insist, helps save lives in the face of such threats. “I don’t see us as militarizing police; I see us as keeping abreast with society,” former Los Angeles Police chief William Bratton says. “And we are a gun-crazy society.”

“I don’t see us as militarizing police; I see us as keeping abreast with society.”

Adds Fargo Police Lt. Ross Renner, who commands the regional SWAT team: “It’s foolish to not be cognizant of the threats out there, whether it’s New York, Los Angeles, or Fargo. Our residents have the right to be protected. We don’t have everyday threats here when it comes to terrorism, but we are asked to be prepared.”

The skepticism about the Homeland spending spree is less severe for Washington, D.C., Los Angeles and New York, which are presumed to be likelier targets. But questions persist about whether money was handed out elsewhere with any regard for risk assessment or need. And the gap in accounting for the decade-long spending spree is undeniable. The U.S. Homeland Security Department says it doesn’t closely track what’s been bought with its tax dollars or how the equipment is used. State and local governments don’t maintain uniform records either.

To assess the changes in law enforcement for The Daily Beast, the Center for Investigative Reporting conducted interviews and reviewed grant spending records obtained through open records requests in 41 states. The probe found stockpiles of weaponry and military-style protective equipment worthy of a defense contractor’s sales catalog.

In Montgomery County, Texas, the sheriff’s department owns a $300,000 pilotless surveillance drone, like those used to hunt down al Qaeda terrorists in the remote tribal regions of Pakistan and Afghanistan. In Augusta, Maine, with fewer than 20,000 people and where an officer hasn’t died from gunfire in the line of duty in more than 125 years, police bought eight $1,500 tactical vests. Police in Des Moines, Iowa, bought two $180,000 bomb-disarming robots, while an Arizona sheriff is now the proud owner of a surplus Army tank.

The flood of money opened to local police after 9/11, but slowed slightly in recent years. Still, the Department of Homeland Security awarded more than $2 billion in grants to local police in 2011, and President Obama’s 2009 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act contributed an additional half-billion dollars.

Law enforcement officials say the armored vehicles, assault weapons, and combat uniforms used by their officers provide a public safety benefit beyond their advertised capabilities, creating a sort of “shock and awe” experience they hope will encourage suspects to surrender more quickly.

“The only time I hear the complaint of ‘God, you guys look scary’ is if the incident turns out to be nothing,” says West Hartford, Conn., Police Lt. Jeremy Clark, who organizes an annual SWAT competition.

A grainy YouTube video from one of Clark’s recent competitions shows just how far the police transformation has come, displaying officers in battle fatigues, helmets, and multi-pocketed vests storming a hostile scene. One with a pistol strapped to his hip swings a battering ram into a door. A colleague lobs a flash-bang grenade into a field. Another officer, holding a pistol and wearing a rifle strapped to his back, peeks cautiously inside a bus.

The images unfold to the pulsing, ominous soundtrack of a popular videogame, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (/cheats/2010/11/11/ldquocall-of-dutyrdquo-biggest-videogame-launch-ever.html) . Though resembling soldiers in a far-flung war zone, the stars of this video are Massachusetts State Police troopers.

The number of SWAT teams participating in Clark’s event doubled to 40 between 2004 and 2009 as Homeland’s police funding swelled. The competition provides real-life scenarios for training, and Clark believes it is essential, because he fears many SWAT teams are falling below the 16 hours of minimum monthly training recommended by the National Tactical Officers Association.

“Luck is not for cops. Luck is for drunks and fools,” Clark said, explaining his devotion to training.

One beneficiary of Homeland’s largesse are military contractors, who have found a new market for their wares and sponsor training events like the one Clark oversees in Connecticut or a similar Urban Shield event held in California.

Special ops supplier Blackhawk Industries, founded by a former Navy SEAL, was among several Urban Shield sponsors this year. Other sponsors for such training peddle wares like ThunderSledge breaching tools for smashing open locked or chained doors, Lenco Armored Vehicles bulletproof box trucks, and KDH Defense Systems’s body armor.

“As criminal organizations are increasingly armed with military-style weapons, law enforcement operations require the same level of field-tested and combat-proven protection used by soldiers and Marines in Iraq, Afghanistan, and other high-risk locations,” boasts an Oshkosh Corp. brochure at a recent police seminar, where the company pitched its “tactical protector vehicle.”

The trend shows no sign of abating. The homeland security market for state and local agencies is projected to reach $19.2 billion by 2014, up from an estimated $15.8 billion in fiscal 2009, according to the Homeland Security Research Corp.

The rise of equipment purchases has paralleled an apparent increase in local SWAT teams, but reliable numbers are hard to come by. The National Tactical Officers Association, which provides training and develops SWAT standards, says it currently has about 1,650 team memberships, up from 1,026 in 2000.

Many of America’s newly armed officers are ex-military veterans from the front lines of Iraq and Afghanistan. Charles Ramsey, who was police chief in Washington, D.C., on 9/11, upgraded the weaponry when he moved to Philadelphia in 2008. Today, some 1,500 Philly beat cops are trained to use AR-15 assault rifles.

“We have a lot of people here, like most departments, who are ex-military,” Ramsey says. “Some people are very much into guns and so forth. So it wasn’t hard to find volunteers.”

Some real-life episodes, however, are sparking a debate about whether all that gear also creates a more militarized mind-set for local police that exceeds their mission or risks public safety.

In one case, dozens of officers in combat-style gear raided a youth rave in Utah as a police helicopter buzzed overhead. An online video shows the battle-ready team wearing masks and brandishing rifles as they holler for the music to be shut off and pin partygoers to the ground.

And Arizona tactical officers this year sprayed the home of ex-Marine Jose Guerena with gunfire as he stood in a hallway with a rifle that he did not fire. He was hit 22 times and died. Police had targeted the man’s older brother in a narcotics-trafficking probe, but nothing illegal was found in the younger Guerena’s home, and no related arrests had been made months after the raid.

In Maryland, officials finally began collecting data on tactical raids after police in 2008 burst into the home of a local mayor and killed his two dogs in a case in which the mayor’s home was used as a dropoff for drug deal. The mayor’s family had nothing to do with criminal activity.

Such episodes and the sheer magnitude of the expenditures over the last decade raise legitimate questions about whether taxpayers have gotten their money’s worth and whether police might have assumed more might and capability than is necessary for civilian forces.

“With local law enforcement, their mission is to solve crimes after they’ve happened, and to ensure that people’s constitutional rights are protected in the process,” says Jesselyn McCurdy, senior legislative counsel for the American Civil Liberties Union. “The military obviously has a mission where they are fighting an enemy. When you use military tactics in the context of law enforcement, the missions don’t match, and that’s when you see trouble with the overmilitarization of police.”

The upgrading of local police nonetheless continues. Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio (/articles/2011/12/16/sheriff-joe-arpaio-slammed-in-federal-civil-rights-probe-report.html)  now claims to operate his own air armada of private pilots—dubbed Operation Desert Sky—to monitor illegal border crossings, and he recently added a full-size surplus Army tank. New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly boasted this fall he had a secret capability to shoot down an airliner if one threatened the city again. And the city of Ogden, Utah, is launching a 54-foot, remote-controlled “crime-fighting blimp” with a powerful surveillance camera.

Back in Fargo, nearby corn and soybean farmer Tim Kozojed supports the local police but questions whether the Homeland grants have been spent wisely. ”I’m very reluctant to get anxious about a terrorist attack in North Dakota,” Kozojed, 31, said. “Why would they bother?”

Tags:
•U.S. Politics (/politics.html)
©2011 The Newsweek/Daily Beast Company LLC

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #649 on: December 24, 2011, 05:35:16 PM »
America as a Totalitarian Dictatorship
SATURDAY, 24 DECEMBER 2011 07:43 RAY PEACH

Since my first deployment to South East Asia, I have seen this great country gradually slip away. America has gone from being the world's greatest creditor nation, standing as a beacon of hope for the world, to the world's biggest debtor nation, where 42 million Americans rely on food stamps to survive. All of this prompted me to write a book, where I detail how this all came about, and how America will end. This isn't some conspiracy theory, it is happening right now in front of us. Like it or not, America is a Totalitarian Dictatorship, and this article will help you understand why.

» If you like this article, please subscribe to our daily newsletter
After the Oklahoma City Bombing, my job required that I attend a two-day briefing on counter terrorism. At that meeting, several people from the DoD, NSA, and FBI repeatedly stated that the biggest threat to National Security was domestic terrorism. The specific examples they provided were members of the National Rifle Association, Right to Life Organizations, Military Veterans, and others who were merely exercising their constitutional rights, or in some cases, doing nothing at all. Myself and others were encouraged to engage in a program where we would report on coworkers, employees, and neighbors about such things as “subversive” bumper stickers. Since it’s the role of the government to protect constitutional rights, including the freedom of speech, I understood this was no longer a country dedicated to liberty and the rule of law – since none of these activities are illegal.

Obama’s Marxist mentor, Zbigniew Brzezinski, and his associate, Carl Friedrich, equated socialism and totalitarianism saying, “[It] is a system of revolution, which seeks to destroy the existing political order so it can be changed economically, socially, and culturally.” so as to comply with socialist ideology. “Totalitarian movements, motivated by the general goals which their ideologies outline, have thus not stopped at the seizure of power.”

In reality, while socialists are constantly talking about how great things will be, stated plans are never realized, because the elite never had any intention of implementing them in the first place. To hide this, socialists say that things would have worked, if only the elite had more power, money, or time. Failure is always someone else’s fault.

The intent of a socialist regime is to increase the political control of the elite, or to maintain the status quo. However, as Utopian symbols are replaced with political reality and the economy starts to fail, the state must incrementally apply pressure and violence to maintain control. This creates a problem for the state, as a free society is composed of interlocking and overlapping groups with various interests. It is almost impossible to subject one social group to punitive, or “re-educative,” measures without producing a hostile reaction, not only from the group concerned, but also from other groups, whose vested interests dictate their response. In time the socialists really have no choice but to resort to massive terror. Totalitarian terror is, therefore, the vital nerve of the socialist system.

The compulsive emphasis on the total support of the regime forms part of, “the great universal religion” that mirrors the Hebrew-Christian faith, while persecuting all heretics. In time, the dissenter commits an intolerable offense to the grandeur of the socialist enterprise, and must be liquidated because he or she has no place in a world that the socialist movement is bent on building. The bourgeoisie (middle class), the Christians, and the Hebrews remain outside of that unanimity and are therefore traitors. Terror makes certain that the masses are not infected, while the misfits are liquidated. In this way, all brutal premeditated violence and terror becomes rationally justified to the socialist. The citizen’s support for the state’s use of terror must be active not passive; and in time all members are expected to participate in whatever ritual of violence is required of them.

At first, terror centers on the liquidation of open and secret resistance but soon moves to the hunt for “potential enemies.” Only in this later stage does terrorism come into its own, as it aims to fill everyone with fear and vents its full passion against humanity.  The state hunts actual or potential enemies, and in many cases, actual enemies are purposely passed over in favor of the liquidation of innocent people, so as to instill fear in everyone. Soon terror reigns supreme as the bodies’ pile high and the corpses rot and stink.  Lenin summed this up when he said, “When the old society dies, the corpse of bourgeois society cannot be nailed down in a coffin and put in the grave. It decomposes in our midst, this corpse rots and contaminates us.”

A Terroristic State Police

Friedrich and Brzezinski make no secret that the plans for the destruction of our existing society are total, and will lead to a massive use of terror.  This has always been the case with such plans, as any reader of communist or fascist history can tell you. In every respect, human life and the nature of social existence is subjected to extensive revisions; provided for in the ideology and the subsequent expedient requirements of the new order.

The history of socialism tells us that, socialist dictatorships initially adopt a step-by-step program that gradually increases in violence.  When the cognitive strain between dogma and reality becomes so great that it can no longer hold its illusion, massive terror becomes necessary to maintain the party’s grip on power. In 1934, this was officially made part of Soviet law, giving the MVD (secret police) a free hand in political cases. Similarly, the German Gestapo dispensed “justice” through administrative processes from which there was no appeal. Eventually torture, murder, purges, and concentration camps became a way of life, where no legal procedure was followed at all.

The machinery of terror is based on defending the “people” from its “enemies,” and is glorified for its heroism and efficiency. It relies on a pliable criminal code that broadly defines a political offense in terms of its potential threat to the state (the people). Socialism depends on a national system of terroristic police to control and supervise party members and non-party members, exploiting modern science – including scientific psychology.  Supervision and enforcement of such laws requires a national court system that is structured on socialist ideals, the abject degradation of police and judicial procedures, and a disregard for the stated purpose of the law.

While at the Harvard School of Government in the 1970s, Carl Friedrich taught that the state has a monopoly on violence, along with the right to use it whenever the elite deem it appropriate.  Friedrich pointed out that in socialist states, the role of the police consisted of enforcing the socialist agenda, not with protecting the citizen, or maintaining law and order. He said that with the coming authoritarian American state, the role of the police would be “vastly expanded” to enforce extensive new regulations and views on morality, saying, “The guardian of law and order is no longer… the protector of the weak against the strong and the attacker, but the agent of the government in all its ramifications”.   One of Friedrich’s students was George Bush (V2.0).

In 2009, the Rand Corporation developed a report entitled, “A Stability Police Force for the United States, Justification and Options for Creating US Capabilities.” The stated purpose of this police force is to merge the functions of the Department of Homeland Security with military units to create a “high end” police force like those currently being developed in Europe. This organization would have jurisdiction over local civilian police departments. The report provides information on funding, manpower, training, and political considerations. It makes no secret that it is directed against the U.S. citizen.

According to the Whitehouse web site, on January 11, 2010 Obama signed an executive order for the “Establishment of the Council of Governors,” granting the president the authority to appoint a ten-person council to rule the country in case of an emergency, further expanding NSPD-51 and HSPD-20.  Max Weber did a similar thing in Weimar Germany after WWI when he worked to create Article 48 that would give the German Chancellor dictatorial powers in case of an emergency.  Hitler took advantage of Article 48 by having his own Storm Troopers burn down the Reichstag (German Parliament) while blaming it on the Jews. Using this as a pretext Hitler then declared martial law and the world would never be the same.

Things had been somewhat different in Russia where the Tsarist government, mostly through manipulation and propaganda, was regarded as being too corrupt and evil to support. Not realizing that the Bolsheviks were much worse, the average Russian, including the Army and Navy, would no longer support the existing government. As a result the Bolsheviks literally just walked in and took over.  It was only after the hope and change occurred did the Bolsheviks show that they were infinitely worse than the Tsars had ever even been purported to be, igniting revolution.

The Crossover

Friedrich & Brzezinski said the end of America would come with the acceptance of fraud, especially the acceptance of propagandistic fraud on a large scale, followed by the ideological acceptance of force and violence. Not so much physical violence at first but psychological violence that is done to the mind and to moral sentiment. Friedrich and Brzezinski predicted 50 years ago that this would be the result of the ice cold reasoning of an ideology that is built on pseudoscientific principles.  The final phase, they said, would be rapid radicalization, the seizure of power, and the total transformation of the economic system. This would soon be accompanied with use of physical violence and terrorism on a large scale, along with the liquidation of enemies of the state.

As I write this, Obama has said he will sign a bill that will remove all pretext of law in this country. It injects the military directly into domestic affairs, giving them the ability to detain and execute, without trial, any American Citizen they want to in the US - simply by calling them a terrorist. Say goodbye to Posse Comitatus.

While this is portrayed as a mechanism for protecting Americans from Al-Qaeda, section 802 of the USA PATRIOT Act (Pub. L. No. 107-52) expands the definition of terrorism to cover “domestic,” as opposed to international, terrorism.   A person engages in domestic terrorism if they do an act “dangerous to human life” that is a violation of the criminal laws of a state or the United States, if the act appears to be intended to:  (i) intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination or kidnapping.  Additionally, the acts have to occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States and if they do not, may be regarded as international terrorism.

Another provision of the USA PATRIOT Act entitled “Disclosure of educational records - Sec. 507.” This section requires a judge to issue an order permitting the government to obtain private educational records if the Attorney General or his designee certifies that the records are necessary for investigating domestic or international terrorism.  No independent judicial finding is required to verify that the records are relevant.  This means that the Attorney General may obtain the private educational records by asserting that the records are relevant to a domestic terrorism investigation.  These records may include information such as a student's grades, private medical information and counseling, which organizations the student belonged to, or any other information that the educational institution collects about its students.

This means that anyone can be called a terrorist if the government says they are, if it merely appears that someone wants to intimidate or coerce someone else; but the definition of intimidation and coercion have been redefined under hate crime legislation, where the mere appearance of improper thought represents terrorism as evidenced by anything the state wants, including the church, school, or classes you attended. Today people and organizations listed as terrorists include: The TEA Party, people who pay in cash, military veterans, and anyone else exercising their right to disagree with the Government.

To further illustrate the real meaning of this legislation, it should be pointed out that in 2009, La Raza member Sonia Sotomayor was appointed to the U.S. Supreme Court, although she and her organization have a history of advocating the violent overthrow the United States. Just 48 hours after Obama announced her nomination, George Bush (v2.0), Carl Rove, and John McCain attended a La Raza meeting, where they voiced their approval of the radical organization. This and other actions such as refusing to control the boarders, shows that the target of the Federal government is middle class America.

Simultaneously with the decision to throw the concept of a “trail by a Jury of your peers” out the window, DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano has announced the activation of detention camps around the nation, under the guise of housing large number of illegal aliens. However, the DHS has also announced they are reducing the number of border patrol agents by half, and are not working to detain or deport illegals, so this argument is obviously false.  These camps were constructed under a 2006 contract with Halliburton, again for the supposed detention of illegal immigrants.

America as a Totalitarian Dictatorship

A dictatorship is defined as an autocratic system of government that is ruled by an individual. A totalitarian government is one where every aspect of human behavior is controlled by the state, defining right, wrong, good and evil – where all disagreement is forbidden

As I am writing this, Obama is suing the State of Arizona for passing a law that essentially says that they will enforce existing Federal Statutes. In the suit, Obama’s argument is that Presidential policy trumps Federal and State statutes, and a federal judge agreed. Meanwhile, Congress did nothing - making this a dictatorship. In September, a Christian schoolboy was suspended from Western Hills High School in Texas for saying he thought that being a homosexual is wrong - making this a totalitarian dictatorship.

The American people have been complacent for too long, and they need to wake up. On January 5th, 1967 Ronald Reagan said, “Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again.”

It’s this generation’s turn and if we choose to ignore the call because our favorite show is on TV, the next generation won’t have any hope at all.

Copyright © 2011

Mr. Peach (visit his website)  is a retired engineer who spent a great deal of his life traveling the world to solve problems for fortune 500 companies and the U.S. Government. After serving 8 years in U.S. Naval Air he went to work for Litton Guidance Systems as a field engineer, working in the Middle East and Asia. For the next 12 years he worked as a systems engineer for Hughes Aircraft where he was involved with the F-14D, F-15E, and the F/A-18 tactical aircraft...........read more