Author Topic: help with keeping water intake up without peeing all night  (Read 3309 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
help with keeping water intake up without peeing all night
« on: June 18, 2007, 06:21:13 AM »
I drink a lot of water.  Probably a little over a gallon throughout the day.  The problem is I am thirsty right up until bedtime and I usually get up about 4 times to pee.  Not just a trinkle but a long pee.  It is tiresome because I never really sleep longer than 2 hours at a time.  I usually go right back to sleep but I wish I can get a good 6-8 straight hours without having to get up.

How do you guys keep your water intake up without pissing like a horse all night?

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
Re: help with keeping water intake up without peeing all night
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 06:29:12 AM »
How do you guys keep your water intake up without pissing like a horse all night?

Can't help you there I usually get up twice a night to pee.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 06:40:58 AM »
Once your body gets used to taking in alot of water, you won't have to piss as much. That first few days is brutal but I drink almost two gals a day now and pee on the usual a few times a day and that's it.

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 11:09:29 AM »
I've been taking in over a gallon everyday for the last several years and still wake up at least once to pee at night. My wife usually goes 3-4x.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 05:17:20 PM »
No need to drink more than "enough".

Just stay un-thirsty, there are no added health benefits from drinking more. You're only making your kidney work harder.

If you're a healthy individual, don't be afraid to salt the food, that will help you hold more water.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 07:24:10 AM »
That's my issue.  I never add salt to anything.  I should start.

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 09:24:41 AM »
I also get up at least once or twice a night.
I dont think you can drink large amounts of water and all the shakes with out getting up.
Actually Jay Cutler said having to get up for your nightly pee is a you are drinking enough fluids.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 10:51:58 AM »
When I told my  doctor that I get up about 3-4 times he asked me how much did I pee and I told him a lot.  Not just a small trickle.  he just told me to not drink anything after 6.  yea right.  I am thirsty all night long.  Doctors are boneheads.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 11:55:08 AM »
When I told my  doctor that I get up about 3-4 times he asked me how much did I pee and I told him a lot.  Not just a small trickle.  he just told me to not drink anything after 6.  yea right.  I am thirsty all night long.  Doctors are boneheads.

Don't drink excessively at anytime.

If you're working out or training in a hot environment, or at the beach, make sure to drink a lot. But also: get some salt!

Eg, salted peanuts will do if you're at some nice resort. 8)

Otherwise the body won't be able to hold the water, and you will have a head ache when your bound for a night out after sitting on the playa all day. 8)

The same thing goes after a night of heavy drinking: Avoid getting a hangover by eating something with salt in, and drinking a bit of water before sleeping.

Your party doc:

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 10:22:24 AM »
Or, you can use getting up 3-4 times per night as an opportunity to ingest needed protein to prevent night time catabolism (ala Jay Cutler).  I drink water right before bed for the very purpose of having to get up so that I can eat.  Works like a charm.

Steve387

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 05:44:43 AM »
No need to drink more than "enough".

Just stay un-thirsty, there are no added health benefits from drinking more. You're only making your kidney work harder.

If you're a healthy individual, don't be afraid to salt the food, that will help you hold more water.

-Hedge

are you shitting me, i thought you had to drink even when your not thirsty, then keep drinking? Dats what i heard anyway!
another one: eat until you feel sick. if your not, your not doing it right.

Brutal stuff! got to be hardcore :D
Have I been doing it wrong Hedgehog? Should I cut back? Will I die?

hahahahahaha

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2007, 08:42:46 PM »
Problem solved:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2007, 09:24:27 PM »
Problem solved:

I was wondering when someone was going to bring that up  ;D

Personally, I drink a gallon + /day and only get up once around 4:00.  I guess the body gets used to it.
:

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2007, 05:47:41 PM »
Hey guys..I pee a lot at night also..sometimes I get up two or three times....I always wonder if it could be the creatine that I am drinking.....what I mean by that is the creatine has a lot of dextrose sugar and I am concerned that the constant ingestion of such a high dose of sugar could be triggering diabetes...the first sign of diabetes onset is constantly waking up to pee....I used my wife's diabetes kit to measure my blood sugar content and it used to register at about 130 which is great..now it registers at 230 which is into the high range for a person just waking up in the morning and having fasted all night...I am beginning to think that such a high sugar intake at one time is triggering diabetes within me...what do you guys think?..any of you guys taking creatine with dextrose in it (such as cell-tech or Size-On which is what I use) also?..could this be why we are all peeing our asses off?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2007, 03:11:44 AM »
I reckon it's protein + creatine that work the kidneys getting rid of crap from digesting protein and creatinine, and water intake of course.

I went as high as 300g protein/day for a few weeks as an experiment while using creatine and I had to piss like every 45 minutes if I was drinking water.  Couldn't work well, go for a walk without having to find some bushes, go shopping without having to ask for the store toilet, etc.  It was absurd.  >:(  By the end of it I wasn't drinking enough if I knew I wouldn't be near a toilet in the near future.  Just stupid...

spacemunkeyz

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2007, 05:21:00 PM »
i used to have the same problem and then i added salt to hold more water and now everything is back to normal but the first couple of days after upping your eater intake its a bitch

spacemunkeyz

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2007, 05:36:05 PM »
what i noticed is that im ok when im taking in water but when i drink green tea i piss a hell of a lot alll day does any one know why???

Dr. D

• Getbig III
  • Vince and Derek: Match made in GetBig Heaven!
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2007, 08:17:59 PM »
what i noticed is that im ok when im taking in water but when i drink green tea i piss a hell of a lot alll day does any one know why???

Tea can be a dehydrating agent. Your body could be just eliminating toxins mixed with them.

strength

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2007, 10:34:21 AM »
Can't help you there I usually get up twice a night to pee.

thought i was the only one.   Ironically this has only starting happening since ive been lowering my carbs during this cutting phase. 
 1 to 1.5gallons a day has me peeing bout 2 times Everynight

sandpiper

• Getbig III
  • The Next Mr. O!
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2007, 12:56:01 PM »
i drink 1 - 2 gallons of H20 a day in addition to coffee and milk w/ my protein shakes. i pee a lot but i think it's good for me because it's keeping my metabolism going that much more. i only get up about once a night for release. i don't know what to tell you about peeing so much during the night. maybe you should do your best to hose one right before you go to bed.
I love me some me!!!

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2007, 06:09:40 PM »
Maybe you frequent urinators have BPH?