Author Topic: Sweet proposal  (Read 4077 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: Sweet proposal
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2007, 03:09:34 PM »
they'll divorce soon.  lol

both are virgins? Or are they born-again virgins?
I think my friend's son is a virgin (that's what she thinks anyway).  I don't know about the girl.

R

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2007, 01:11:12 AM »
How many months pregnant is she?

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHA, RON.....

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2007, 05:51:08 AM »
Who on earth would buy a car without taking a test drive first?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2007, 06:44:23 AM »
Who on earth would buy a car without taking a test drive first?

I did, seriously....I "luv" my baby (Cleo-name of the car ) ;D. But I will never do it again, someone was looking out for me.

Doc, do you think it is best for both man and woman to start out as virgins and to learn about what pleases their partner? Or do think one or the other should have more less experience?

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2007, 09:11:31 AM »
I did, seriously....I "luv" my baby (Cleo-name of the car ) ;D. But I will never do it again, someone was looking out for me.

Doc, do you think it is best for both man and woman to start out as virgins and to learn about what pleases their partner? Or do think one or the other should have more less experience?

Not really sure but people should definately have an agreement to not reproduce within the marriage's first year or two.

Two people may just not be compatible sexually, or one will always be curious about other sexual experiences their partner will not be experienced in. It's a recipie for boredom. In an ideal world, two people would mature sexually together. Unless people have been together, discussed their tastes, etc... there's gonna be a lot of stress and dissappointment. In some ways it might not be a terrible idea if people started having sex before dating.

Also, should wanting to have sex be one of the reasons people get married? Yes, sex is an important part of a healthy relationship but it's pretty difficult to make rational decions when overly motivated by sex.

The divorce rate would be drastically reduced if people spent as much time planning their lives (as a couple) as they do their wedding.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2007, 09:39:58 AM »
The divorce rate would be drastically reduced if people spent as much time planning their lives (as a couple) as they do their wedding.
Agreed, many women focus too much on the event of getting married, doesn't who they are marrying, just getting married. It's kinda like a "we'll cross that bridge once we get to it"

I mean, to me it's kinda simple. If the sex is good, the person is a good person spritually, on their P's and Q's financially----then marry the person.

What's is the problem?

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2007, 10:09:51 AM »
Agreed, many women focus too much on the event of getting married, doesn't who they are marrying, just getting married. It's kinda like a "we'll cross that bridge once we get to it"

I mean, to me it's kinda simple. If the sex is good, the person is a good person spritually, on their P's and Q's financially----then marry the person.

What's is the problem?

Parker, you're awfully critical of women.  Ever wonder why that is, really?

I don't think it's only women who make rash decisions.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2007, 10:45:49 AM »
Seriously....why would someone propose in public?

I remember a couple weeks back this was on a talk radio show.  At first...I didn't think much of it...but then it made sense as the program went on.

Basically, their point was...men that propose in public (restaurant, etc) makes it difficult for the girl to make a conscious decision without being embarrassed of saying no.  There's a fair amount of women that automatically say yes (when they really don't want to get married or are unsure)...then a few weeks later (if not days) call it off.

Anyone's thoughts on this?

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2007, 02:33:54 PM »
I guess public proposals are a risk... but would guess that in lots of those cases marriage was a given and had already been discussed. But yeah, does put extra pressure on the woman. Especially if it's done at a ball game, or written across the sky at the beach. A "no" might get a mob after you...

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2007, 02:34:22 PM »
Parker, you're awfully critical of women.  Ever wonder why that is, really?

I don't think it's only women who make rash decisions.
Cause I want to understand their actions, but not by thinking like a man. Men and women think differently. Take it not critical of women, I'm critical of myself as well. How do my decisions affect the other person in a relationship---will it blow up in my face, in the long term?

Yes women are not the only one's that make rash decisions, but it is primarily women who push for marriage (the event that is), but spend more time researching for a new car, than on the person they are going to marry. Then when it blows up in their face, and are pissed off at men for their own decisions.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2007, 02:43:02 PM »
Cause I want to understand their actions, but not by thinking like a man. Men and women think differently. Take it not critical of women, I'm critical of myself as well. How do my decisions affect the other person in a relationship---will it blow up in my face, in the long term?

Yes women are not the only one's that make rash decisions, but it is primarily women who push for marriage (the event that is), but spend more time researching for a new car, than on the person they are going to marry. Then when it blows up in their face, and are pissed off at men for their own decisions.

But it is critical.  :) Look at your last paragraph.  It's a sweeping statement.  Look at many of your posts on the Girl Board. They barely ever touch on the actions of men in general, or yourself specifically... almost always women, in a critical way. Maybe you are unsatisfied with your own personal relationships with women. You could look at dating/seeing other types of women than what you're used to, and who only seem to frustrate you. And maybe you should ask why you are drawn to these types of women.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2007, 03:00:27 PM »
But it is critical.  :) Look at your last paragraph.  It's a sweeping statement.  Look at many of your posts on the Girl Board. They barely ever touch on the actions of men in general, or yourself specifically... almost always women, in a critical way. Maybe you are unsatisfied with your own personal relationships with women. You could look at dating/seeing other types of women than what you're used to, and who only seem to frustrate you. And maybe you should ask why you are drawn to these types of women.

Quite true, Deedee, quite true. I do negate the actions of men, which is good that you brought that to my attention.  But, many times men go by what women do (women have so much power, but yet don't realize it). Women set the tone, the rythm, write the song. Men only contribute the words...So how can one change the words, if the song implies sadness? But men should be held accountable for their actions, i  guess that is something I never spoke on. But like being a "hater" (there is un-written code-one doesn't tell on the bad guys).

I think what I have seen at work has skewed my views, 5 yrs ago I was emphatic, now I'm tetering on verge of not caring..But I can't go that route.
 As Division knows, i only attrach the opposite of me. Those in need, so yeah, frustration does come about due to that (especailly if she looks like  Anna Nicole Carson, or a chocolate Jessica Rabbit)...Sorry. I know why, my personality.
 But, yeah I understand Dees.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2007, 04:26:53 PM »

I'd agree even more if you said: "most people spend more time researching for a new car". In the same vein, I don't date guys, LOL! The event of marriage is, in general, far more important to women than men. Sure marriage changes the social status of both people but on some level I feel there's a greater benefit for women. The extent probably varies according to culture, religion, social status etc...

In the same vein, things would be pretty boring if both sexes thought the same and made sense to each other all the time, LOL!

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2007, 04:47:54 PM »
I'd agree even more if you said: "most people spend more time researching for a new car". In the same vein, I don't date guys, LOL! The event of marriage is, in general, far more important to women than men. Sure marriage changes the social status of both people but on some level I feel there's a greater benefit for women. The extent probably varies according to culture, religion, social status etc...

In the same vein, things would be pretty boring if both sexes thought the same and made sense to each other all the time, LOL!

Quite true, it is both men and women who do this. I guess it is that both take one another for granted.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2007, 05:17:55 PM »
It's true that women tend to enjoy the wedding planning thing a lot more than men do, but I don't think it's true that "most" women spend more time worrying about centerpieces than they do about the man in their life.  Most women spend a fair amount of time with their beloveds beforehand and know what they're doing. You can't lump everyone according to some few personal experiences you've had. That was my point.

Parker you talk a lot about these women you work with. Maybe you just work with exceptionally negative people... you wouldn't even know them if someone didn't pay you to. I know that in my own situation, I adore half the people I have to see everyday, but pity the pathetic little lives of the other half. Many people are just empty, miserable drones and it's useless to get caught up in their BS. It really is true that if you project happiness and enthusiasm for life and the things around you, this attracts other people with the same qualities. Maybe you should stop listening to the hags at work and start talking to the girls at the gym instead. At least they have happy endorphins floating around in their brains.  Lol, as for your predilication for Anna Nicoles... well yooz on yooz own!  :P

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2007, 05:42:19 PM »
It's true that women tend to enjoy the wedding planning thing a lot more than men do, but I don't think it's true that "most" women spend more time worrying about centerpieces than they do about the man in their life.  Most women spend a fair amount of time with their beloveds beforehand and know what they're doing. You can't lump everyone according to some few personal experiences you've had. That was my point.

Parker you talk a lot about these women you work with. Maybe you just work with exceptionally negative people... you wouldn't even know them if someone didn't pay you to. I know that in my own situation, I adore half the people I have to see everyday, but pity the pathetic little lives of the other half. Many people are just empty, miserable drones and it's useless to get caught up in their BS. It really is true that if you project happiness and enthusiasm for life and the things around you, this attracts other people with the same qualities. Maybe you should stop listening to the hags at work and start talking to the girls at the gym instead. At least they have happy endorphins floating around in their brains.  Lol, as for your predilication for Anna Nicoles... well yooz on yooz own!  :P

Wisdom in your words....yes one can't lump everybody into one category due to a few experiences. I guess I should use my post in the "Guy is a Genious" thread.

Do think that in today's society, where everything is rush-rush, pop it in the microwave-fast, that people assume that with relationships? Look at people with diets or ho they relate to themselves, even our own bodybuilding industry. How many times have you heard, "how did you you get your arms that why, what exercises did you do?", but instead, it is "what did you take?"

Everywhere you see, "How to...", but not a reason why you must...

Am I going off track here?