Author Topic: Freddie Gray's death ruled a homicide  (Read 17001 times)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Re: Freddie Gray's death ruled a homicide
« Reply #100 on: July 07, 2015, 11:35:25 AM »
This is evidence that police abused him?

In and of itself?  Probably not, but maybe if he needed medical attention then and they ignored it.

I find it interesting that 'totality of the circumstances' only seems to be applicable when it favors the cops, lol.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: July 07, 2015, 01:22:43 PM »

In and of itself?  Probably not, but maybe if he needed medical attention then and they ignored it.

Here's the context:

"We all know what happened, police beat his ass, broke something ..."  - 240

"Not hard to find unless you really don't want to." (With video of cops arresting/dragging Gray)  - You

"This is evidence that police abused him?"  - Me

So now you're contradicting yourself, no? There was no beating in that video was my only point.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: July 07, 2015, 05:21:08 PM »

Here's the context:

"We all know what happened, police beat his ass, broke something ..."  - 240

"Not hard to find unless you really don't want to." (With video of cops arresting/dragging Gray)  - You

"This is evidence that police abused him?"  - Me

So now you're contradicting yourself, no? There was no beating in that video was my only point.

Beach Bum highlighted 2 parts of 240's post.  I was responding to:  "the police were on video dragging his already-limp ass to the van".

So, if I was misleading you, then my bad.  I deny all responsibility and plead the 5th.

I think I've been clear that we don't have all the facts.  IF we just go on what's out now, I don't think it looks promising for the cops.  That can change in an instant, of course.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2015, 08:49:38 PM »
Carcetti fired Burrell today.   Daniels waiting in the wings. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #104 on: July 16, 2015, 01:28:54 PM »
Megyn & Panel Weigh New 'Judge-Shopping' Allegations in Freddie Gray Case
Jul 15, 2015

There are new allegations of misconduct against Baltimore prosecutors in the Freddie Gray case.

According to the defense, prosecutors in State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby's office went "judge-shopping" and are still withholding evidence.

Six police officers are facing criminal charges for Gray's death while in police custody. Defense attorneys claim that prosecutors were denied a search warrant for the officers' phones, with a judge ruling there was not probable cause.

The Baltimore Sun reports:

Three days later, an officer writes in the memo, a prosecutor called and said he or she had found a judge who had agreed to sign the warrants.

It's not clear what, if anything, investigators found on their phones.

The defense attorneys say taking a search warrant application that has been denied to another judge is improper. They want a hearing to determine whether any evidence obtained in the search should be suppressed.
All of the officers have pleaded not guilty and the trials are scheduled to begin in October.

Megyn Kelly discussed the latest twist in the high-profile case with attorneys Mark Eiglarsh and Arthur Aidala.

She noted that if the defense's allegations are true, then "it's blatantly unethical."

Eiglarsh agreed it is "bad" if it's proven that prosecutors went to other judges after one denied a warrant.

"My own children know that when you go to daddy, you better tell me that mommy said 'no' first, or daddy's gonna get pissed. They deserve a timeout for this," he said.

Aidala argued that prosecutors can go to the second judge as long as they disclose their contact with the first judge. He said if prosecutors did not disclose that fact, then the evidence should be thrown out.

Watch the segment below. And coming up tonight on "The Kelly File" at 9p/12a ET, hear from Sen. Ted Cruz on his battle with the New York Times and the Iran nuclear deal.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/07/15/mosby-accused-misconduct-judge-shopping-gray-case-megyn-kelly-panel-react

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: July 16, 2015, 01:35:20 PM »
typical alinsky tactics... FOX can't attack the evidence or the charges or the lying cops that denied the man medical care...

so instead FOX attacks the judges and the "system".

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: July 16, 2015, 03:37:42 PM »
The analogy of going to daddy after mommy said no is funny. Wrong, but funny. Judge shopping is a common occurrence. Some judges are liberal, some are conservative, some have personal reasons for thinking Drunk driving isn't so bad, or domestic abuse is acceptable. Some judges refuse to sign warrants when the law is clear there is more than ample reason to do so. I've had judges that think any drug crime is ridiculous or having your home burglarized is a mere inconvenience. Then there are judges who have had their house broken into or their car burglarized and will gladly sign the warrant and set a high bond. I've had more than one judge tell me to bring it to judge ____, they'll sign it. So it's not unusual or improper in the legal world to judge shop. They all have personal preferences, biases and agendas. If judges all followed the rules and kept personal opinions out, signing warrants based solely on the facts of the case, you wouldn't need to do it. It's not always that the warrant was lacking anything.. in fact, in most cases I would say it's not about the evidence at all.    

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: July 16, 2015, 03:41:47 PM »
The analogy of going to daddy after mommy said no is funny. Wrong, but funny. Judge shopping is a common occurrence. Some judges are liberal, some are conservative, some have personal reasons for thinking Drunk driving isn't so bad, or domestic abuse is acceptable. Some judges refuse to sign warrants when the law is clear there is more than ample reason to do so. I've had judges that think any drug crime is ridiculous or having your home burglarized is a mere inconvenience. Then there are judges who have had their house broken into or their car burglarized and will gladly sign the warrant and set a high bond. So it's not unusual or improper in the legal world to judge shop. If judges all followed the rules and kept personal opinions out, signing warrants based solely on the facts of the case, you wouldn't need to do it. 

According to the guys in the clip, it is only permissible if they tell the second judge they already went to a prior judge.  Not sure if that happened.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: July 16, 2015, 03:48:19 PM »
According to the guys in the clip, it is only permissible if they tell the second judge they already went to a prior judge.  Not sure if that happened.

Not sure if that happened either. Bouncing from judge to judge was so common when I was getting warrants signed that hiding that from a judge wouldn't make sense in my case. It's not like they would say "Oh, Judge Bean wouldn't sign it? Then I'm not going to sign it." It would have been more like "That judge Bean... she hates DWI cases..I'll do her job for her..again"  But I can't recall any hard fast rule it was required to tell the judge you were just next door. Plus, if the affidavit is sound and all the elements are there.. it shouldn't really matter if another judge refused. The new judge should review it on it's merits.. it either rises to the level of a warrant or not. It wouldn't be uncommon for a judge to refuse to sign a warrant because it was a potential political hot potato either, which may or may not be the case here.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: July 16, 2015, 04:05:10 PM »
Not sure if that happened either. Bouncing from judge to judge was so common when I was getting warrants signed that hiding that from a judge wouldn't make sense in my case. It's not like they would say "Oh, Judge Bean wouldn't sign it? Then I'm not going to sign it." It would have been more like "That judge Bean... she hates DWI cases..I'll do her job for her..again"  But I can't recall any hard fast rule it was required to tell the judge you were just next door. Plus, if the affidavit is sound and all the elements are there.. it shouldn't really matter if another judge refused. The new judge should review it on it's merits.. it either rises to the level of a warrant or not. It wouldn't be uncommon for a judge to refuse to sign a warrant because it was a potential political hot potato either, which may or may not be the case here.

I think it should matter, because they shouldn't just be "judge shopping" trying to find someone who will agree with them.  I'm sure it probably happens a lot, but sounds like the prosecutor in this instance may have just gotten caught.  

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: July 16, 2015, 04:10:40 PM »
I think it should matter, because they shouldn't be just be "judge shopping" trying to find someone who will agree with them.  I'm sure it probably happens a lot, but sounds like the prosecutor in this instance may have just gotten caught.  

I never thought about it before this discussion, but judge shopping was routine. And if it was about a questionable PC affidavit I could understand, and then you shouldn't judge shop. You should either fix the PC with the judges concerns addressed (which happens) or realize you don't have enough for a warrant. But just from my personal experience of how the system works, the reasons for a judge not signing are sometimes so stupid, in the interest of justice, you find a judge who has some common sense in the matter.  

I should have made notes and wrote a book on our municipal, district court judges. They were characters. At one time I could tell you of the 10 available district judges, who disliked spouse abusers, burglars, DWI's, who thought property crime was just a nuisance but hated drug offenses. Who would sign for a certain thing but set the bond low, who had been a victim of a burglary and set bonds high. Who would refuse to sign high profile cases, who asked for 10X more evidence than the law required but hammered them on bonds.. It was quite a circus. It really shouldn't be that way but once they are judges, it takes an act of god to remove them so they pretty much do what they want when they want.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: July 16, 2015, 04:17:37 PM »
I never thought about it before this discussion, but judge shopping was routine. And if it was about a questionable PC affidavit I could understand, and then you shouldn't judge shop. You should either fix the PC with the judges concerns addressed (which happens) or realize you don't have enough for a warrant. But just from my personal experience of how the system works, the reasons for a judge not signing are sometimes so stupid, in the interest of justice, you find a judge who has some common sense in the matter.  

I should have made notes and wrote a book on our municipal, district court judges. They were characters. At one time I could tell you of the 10 available district judges, who disliked spouse abusers, burglars, DWI's, who thought property crime was just a nuisance but hated drug offenses. Who would sign for a certain thing but set the bond low, who had been a victim of a burglary and set bonds high. Who would refuse to sign high profile cases, who asked for 10X more evidence than the law required but hammered them on bonds.. It was quite a circus. It really shouldn't be that way but once they are judges, it takes an act of god to remove them so they pretty much do what they want when they want.   

I can understand that, although it does sort of create a circus environment.  I would think folks would try and avoid it in high profile cases.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2015, 10:10:47 AM »
Prosecutors Accused of Hiding Evidence in Freddie Gray Case
Aug 11, 2015
As seen on The Kelly File

There are stunning new claims from the defense attorneys representing the six police officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray.

The defense claims that detectives discovered Gray had a history of participating in "crash-for-cash" schemes - in which people hurt themselves to collect settlements - but the prosecutors steered them away from sharing that information with the defense.

Trace Gallagher reported on "The Kelly File" that the defense claims that Assistant State's Attorney Janice Bledsoe told detectives not to do the defense attorneys' jobs for them.

Gallagher explained that the defense attorneys wrote in a motion, "The statement to investigators 'not do the defense attorneys' jobs for them' would seem to indicate some level of knowledge that exculpatory evidence exists which could benefit the officers charged in Mr. Gray's death and that the prosecutor did not want this information uncovered by investigators."

Gallagher said that prosecutors claim that the defense is simply using this information to sway the jury pool and try the case in the media.

Watch the "Kelly File" clip above.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/08/11/prosecutors-accused-hiding-evidence-freddie-gray-case

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: August 13, 2015, 04:27:30 PM »
Prosecutors Accused of Hiding Evidence in Freddie Gray Case
Aug 11, 2015
As seen on The Kelly File

There are stunning new claims from the defense attorneys representing the six police officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray.

The defense claims that detectives discovered Gray had a history of participating in "crash-for-cash" schemes - in which people hurt themselves to collect settlements - but the prosecutors steered them away from sharing that information with the defense.

Trace Gallagher reported on "The Kelly File" that the defense claims that Assistant State's Attorney Janice Bledsoe told detectives not to do the defense attorneys' jobs for them.

Gallagher explained that the defense attorneys wrote in a motion, "The statement to investigators 'not do the defense attorneys' jobs for them' would seem to indicate some level of knowledge that exculpatory evidence exists which could benefit the officers charged in Mr. Gray's death and that the prosecutor did not want this information uncovered by investigators."

Gallagher said that prosecutors claim that the defense is simply using this information to sway the jury pool and try the case in the media.

Watch the "Kelly File" clip above.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/08/11/prosecutors-accused-hiding-evidence-freddie-gray-case

Sad when the TRUTH takes a back seat to winning if that is the case. Wouldn't be the first, won't be the last.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: August 14, 2015, 03:07:17 PM »
Sad when the TRUTH takes a back seat to winning if that is the case. Wouldn't be the first, won't be the last.

They're still walking around with their stupid hands up, a year after proving it never happened.

As if truth matters to these assholes.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: September 02, 2015, 07:50:21 PM »
Judge refuses to dismiss charges against officers in Freddie Gray case
Published September 02, 2015
Associated Press

BALTIMORE –  A Baltimore judge on Wednesday refused to dismiss charges against six police officers in connection with the death of a black man from injuries he suffered while in custody. The judge also refused to remove the prosecutor in the case.

The death of 25-year-old Freddie Gray — who succumbed to injuries sustained after his arrest on April 12 — sparked rioting and unrest that shook Baltimore for days. Protests Wednesday outside the Baltimore courtroom where a pretrial hearing on the charges took place resulted in just one arrest.

Defense attorneys failed to persuade Circuit Judge Barry Williams that what they claimed was prosecutorial misconduct on the part of State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby was reason enough to drop the charges against the police officers — which range from second-degree assault to second-degree murder.

Williams ruled that while Mosby's public comments regarding initial statements made by the officers to investigators were "troubling," they were not likely to prejudice a jury.

Andrew Graham, an attorney representing Officer Caesar Goodson, unsuccessfully argued that Mosby's comments after filing charges against the officers were "reckless and unprofessional," and violated the rules of conduct. He likened Mosby's comments on the case to a "pep rally calling for payback."

Williams also ruled against another defense motion, one that sought to have Mosby removed from the case due to what the defense contended were conflicts of interest. He called the assertion that Mosby's judgment was impacted by the fact that her husband Nick Mosby is a councilman in a district that experienced a disproportionate amount of violence "troubling and condescending."

"Being married to a councilman is not a reason for recusal," he said.

Williams added that allegations of prosecutorial misconduct would have to be addressed by the state Attorney Grievance Commission.

Prosecutors also told Williams they will put into evidence redacted statements that the officers made to investigators. Both sides agreed to ask for an order sealing the statements from public view.

Officers Edward Nero, Garrett Miller, William Porter and Goodson, as well as Lt. Brian Rice and Sgt. Alicia White, face charges in Gray's death. They did not attend the hearing. All six are charged with second-degree assault, reckless endangerment and misconduct in office. Rice, Porter and White also face manslaughter charges, and Goodson faces an additional charge of second-degree murder.

After hearing arguments about whether the officers should be tried together or separately, Williams ruled that they would be tried separately. Defense attorneys had argued their clients' cases would be hurt if they were tried together.

Andrew Graham, Goodson's lawyer, argued that his client — who faces the most serious charge — would face a great risk of "spillover effect and transference of guilt."

Prosecutors wanted to try Goodson, Nero and White together. Prosecutor Jan Bledsoe argued that evidence to be introduced at trial was relevant to all three.

Separately, the judge was scheduled to hear Sept. 10 a defense motion for a change of venue.

Dozens of protesters made their way about six blocks to the Inner Harbor before the pretrial hearing began. Dozens of officers responded and cleared protesters from the streets to keep traffic moving at the end of the morning rush hour.

One person was arrested. Interim Baltimore Police Commissioner Kevin Davis told WBAL-AM that a protester "kicked a police officer in the face, and that's unacceptable."

Police spokesman T.J. Smith said charges are being filed against the man. He did not specify what the charges would be. The man was arrested for blocking the road and ignoring warnings to return to sidewalk, according to a police news release.

The man arrested was identified by witnesses as Kwame Rose, a well-known local activist.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/02/1st-court-hearing-in-freddie-gray-case-slated-to-begin-on-range-topics/?intcmp=hplnws

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: September 02, 2015, 09:53:07 PM »
No matter the cause of injury, if he asks for medical attention, you must give it to him.   

They broke the law, that prt is undeniable.  Lock em up.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: September 03, 2015, 10:52:33 AM »
No matter the cause of injury, if he asks for medical attention, you must give it to him.   

They broke the law, that prt is undeniable.  Lock em up.

Which law specifically did they break?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: September 03, 2015, 11:09:33 AM »
Which law specifically did they break?

they refused his ass medical attention when he asked for it.

Now, I personally believe they inflicted the injury, but not even arguing that. 

Didn't they document his asking for help over and over?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: September 03, 2015, 01:59:19 PM »
Judge orders officers charged in Freddie Gray case to be tried separately
By Kevin Rector and Justin Fenton

Hearing in Freddie Gray case plays out in large, wood-paneled courtroom in Baltimore.

A circuit judge ruled Wednesday that the case against six Baltimore police officers charged in the arrest and death of Freddie Gray will go forward in separate trials, with Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn J. Mosby remaining at the helm of the prosecution.

During a day of hearings in a downtown courtroom, Judge Barry Williams swiftly sliced through complex legal arguments in the first motions hearing. In three key rulings issued from the bench, he refused to dismiss the charges or recuse Mosby and decided that the case should be split to ensure that each officer gets a fair trial.

Pastor Westley West leads protesters down Guilford Avenue towards the Inner Harbor where one was arrested as the crowd blocked traffic on Pratt Street.

Pastor Westley West, Faith Empowerment Ministries, joins protestors outside the Baltimore City Courthouse East as the first hearings related to the Freddie Gray case get underway.

Williams said that trying the officers together would not be "in the interest of justice" because key evidence that's admissible with regards to one officer may be inadmissible for another. The officers are charged with a range of offenses, from murder to misconduct, as each played a different role in Gray's arrest and transport.

The case has sparked widespread protests in Baltimore — which continued Wednesday — and has become part of a national dialogue about police treatment of black citizens. Gray, 25, died in April one week after suffering a severe spinal cord injury while in police custody.

Outside the courtroom, dozens of protesters gathered in peaceful demonstrations and marches through downtown that resulted in one arrest and snarled traffic. Even at this early stage of the court proceedings, organizers said they wanted their voices heard.

"It's a step in the right direction," Malcolm Wilson said of Williams' rulings on defense motions to recuse Mosby and dismiss the case. The 23-year-old East Baltimore resident, who said he knew Gray, clutched a white cardboard sign that read, "I am here for Justice for Mr. Gray."

Police, who had been criticized for their response to previous demonstrations and rioting, repeatedly ordered protesters to "remain on the sidewalk" and quickly responded to one tense moment near the Inner Harbor in which a protester was arrested and an officer suffered minor injuries.

Interim Police Commissioner Kevin Davis said police wanted to treat "a protest like a protest," and that "by and large, that's exactly what happened." Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake praised the department, saying she and police "will vigorously defend the First Amendment rights of the protesters, but we will also vigorously enforce the order in our city."

In the courtroom, filled with legal observers and media after months of sharply written legal filings filled with accusations lobbed between the defense and prosecution, Williams sought to maintain order.

He stopped the proceedings to remind those present to turn off all electronics, warning that he would remove everyone but the attorneys. He frequently interrupted the attorneys during their arguments, to seek clarification on a key point, wryly disagree or keep the attorneys on topic.

The officers had waived their rights to attend Wednesday's hearing, and Gray's family did not attend.

While the oral arguments on the dismissal and recusal motions largely reflected those made in written filings — which often centered on Mosby's actions — the arguments over whether to try the officers separately provided new insights into defense and prosecution theories.

Officer Caesar R. Goodson Jr., the driver of the police van in which Gray was injured, is charged with second-degree depraved-heart murder. Sgt. Alicia D. White, Lt. Brian W. Rice and Officer William G. Porter are charged with manslaughter. Officers Edward M. Nero and Garrett E. Miller face lesser charges, including second-degree assault. All six have been charged with misconduct in office.

Partially redacted statements by several of the officers were submitted to the court on Wednesday, though under seal, as were police dispatch tapes.

Prosecutors previously indicated that they wanted to try Goodson, White, Nero and Miller together in one trial, and Porter and Rice together in a second trial.

However, at the hearing Wednesday, they only sought to have Goodson, White and Nero tried together. Deputy State's Attorney Janice Bledsoe argued that much of the evidence in the case was relevant to those three officers.

She said all of the evidence related to what happened to Gray from his arrest to his arrival unresponsive at the Western District police station would be needed to prove reckless endangerment on their part.

But Marc Zayon, Nero's attorney, said Gray's arrest and transport constituted two separate incidents. He said evidence brought to support the felony charges against Goodson and White, including expert witness testimony on Gray's injuries sustained in the van and evidence regarding how Goodson was driving, would be highly prejudicial if introduced in a case against Nero.

Defense attorneys also raised concerns that statements by the officers could incriminate one of the co-defendants, pitting one's right not to take the stand with another's right to confront his or her accuser.

Matthew Fraling, an attorney for Goodson, also said he was concerned about a "transfer of guilt" and a "spillover effect" in the minds of jurors trying to categorize evidence against different defendants.

In denying the state's motion to join the cases, Williams agreed that much of the evidence would not be "mutually admissible." His ruling means there will be six trials.

Arguments over dismissing the charges and recusing Mosby came after a flurry of heatedly written motions over the past four months. In court Wednesday, Williams cautioned both sides to tone down their rhetoric.

"The unnecessary name calling and over-the-top rhetoric to which this court has been required to wade in order to get to the heart of the legal issues in this case is remarkable," Williams said.

Moving forward, he said, attorneys should be mindful of crafting fact-backed arguments in a way that will "assist the court in understanding the legal issues — not to get the best media sound bites."

Many of the most contentious filings have been made over Mosby's actions, particularly when she announced charges against the six officers from the steps of the Baltimore War Memorial on May 1. "To the people of Baltimore and the demonstrators across America, I heard your call for 'no justice no peace,'" she said at the time.

Mosby spoke less than a week after protests turned into clashes with police and rioting, looting and arson across the city, resulting in more than 100 police officers being injured, more than 400 damaged businesses, and hundreds of arrests. Rawlings-Blake responded by imposing a citywide curfew, and Gov. Larry Hogan deployed the National Guard.

Andrew Graham, a defense attorney for Goodson, argued that Mosby "adopted and encouraged the public's cry of 'no justice, no peace,'" and that her statements tainted the jury pool.

"She handled this as though it was some sort of pep rally," Graham told Williams.

Catherine Flynn, a defense attorney for Miller, also argued that prosecutors in Mosby's office became witnesses in the case through their independent investigation of Gray's death, conducted apart from the police investigation.

The defense had asked the judge to dismiss the charges because of "prosecutorial misconduct."

Chief Deputy State's Attorney Michael Schatzow said Mosby's comments at the War Memorial were taken directly from a statement of charges and that Williams should consider the words she spoke and not accept the defense's "gross distortion of what she said." Schatzow said any effort to calm the unrest throughout the city served a "legitimate" law enforcement purpose.

Schatzow also argued that prosecutors had no conflicts of interest, noting prosecutors regularly perform investigative tasks.

Williams disagreed that calming the city was part of Mosby's job, and admonished Mosby for telling the media that some but not all of the officers had cooperated during the investigation. The defense argued that her comments hurt their clients' case.

"It's inappropriate, and you know it," Williams said to Schatzow.

But Williams said it was not within his authority to decide whether Mosby had broken the Maryland Lawyer's Rules of Professional Conduct, which guide attorney behavior. That was for the attorney grievance commission to decide, he said. The commission investigates and prosecutes alleged violations of the rules.

"While the day may come, or may not come, when the words of the state's attorney will be assessed, parsed, and dissected for the purpose of determining if there were violations of the rules of professional conduct, today is not that day," he said.

Williams said the voir dire process of jury selection, in which jurors are asked what they know about the case, would play an important role in assessing the impact of Mosby's statements.

Baltimore attorney J. Wyndal Gordon, who observed Wednesday's motions hearing in the Freddie Gray case, offers his thoughts on the proceedings.  Gordon has represented families in the past in assault cases against the city police department. (Kevin Richardson/Baltimore Sun)
While Williams called the defense argument that Mosby suggested the officers are guilty and made herself a witness in the case by reading the statement of charges "mind-boggling," he said the argument that prosecutors had turned themselves into witnesses could have merit. Nonetheless, he said the issue did not merit the prosecutor's recusal and could be handled at a later date.

Williams said the defense claims of conflicts of interests by Mosby and other prosecutors "didn't come close" to meriting their removal from the case.

He chastised lawyers who alleged a conflict on Mosby's part because her husband, Nick Mosby, serves as a city councilman in the district where Gray was arrested. He called that allegation "troubling and condescending."

Williams left open the question of how the trials will be scheduled moving forward. Their timing will likely depend on how the judge rules on another defense motion to have the cases moved out of Baltimore, which is scheduled to be discussed at a second hearing next week.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/freddie-gray/bs-md-ci-freddie-gray-hearing-20150902-story.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: September 03, 2015, 02:23:18 PM »
too bad those sworn to upload the law didn't follow it, and let this man have medical attention.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: September 03, 2015, 02:33:37 PM »
too bad those sworn to upload the law didn't follow it, and let this man have medical attention.

Bad uploaders, man. This aggression will not stand.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: September 03, 2015, 04:27:38 PM »
h

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: September 03, 2015, 04:52:57 PM »
they refused his ass medical attention when he asked for it.

Now, I personally believe they inflicted the injury, but not even arguing that. 

Didn't they document his asking for help over and over?

are you going to answer the question? which specific law did they violate?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: September 03, 2015, 04:57:49 PM »
are you going to answer the question? which specific law did they violate?

I don't know the statute for murder, but I'm pretty sure my ass would be in the slammer if I decided to start gunning people down. 

Police officials in Baltimore admitted that their officers should have provided medical attention immediately following the arrest of Freddie Gray.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/04/24/402046909/baltimore-police-freddie-gray-shouldve-gotten-medical-help-at-scene-of-arrest