Author Topic: Has Apple peaked?  (Read 5861 times)

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
Re: Has Apple peaked?
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2012, 12:41:56 PM »
For my phone and tablet I use Android, computer is a windows PC all the way. 

I could not get into the hype of using a Mac or any iproducts.   

Any time I have to use iTunes to help my wife with something on her iPhone, I think of how awful of a software iTunes is.... Seriously, For how easy all the apple products are, they really fucked everything up with iTunes.

To each their own I guess..., the game is about to get more interesting with Windows 8 on the horizon, and windows tablets.

I think its all about the eco system each company is putting forward, and personally, i'm very happy with how Google is doing this.

Seriously how could you find iTunes hard to use?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2012, 01:25:15 PM »

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2012, 01:28:03 PM »
Forget this brand loyalty crap. How is it going to affect their stock?  ???

I think it's going to level out for a long while.

I bought at $37 and fully expect to see $600

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2012, 02:03:49 PM »
Hell no.

only if the new world order have their way with population control, imagine how great apple and everyone else will do when we have a human population of 30 billion and half of them were citizens of industrialized "well to do" nations. we would all benefit, for example even if you make low quality music you could easily sell in the millions and become effortless a multimillionaire.

see what I'm saying?

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2012, 02:08:19 PM »
Hell no.

only if the new world order have their way with population control, imagine how great apple and everyone else will do when we have a human population of 30 billion and half of them were citizens of industrialized "well to do" nations. we would all benefit, for example even if you make low quality music you could easily sell in the millions and become effortless a multimillionaire.

see what I'm saying?

yes

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2012, 02:22:20 PM »
I still don`t understand how the majority of you morons manage to browse the internet with a screen size the size of a postage stamp and with a phone of all things.

hahah classic

in order for me to buy this shits the screen needs to be some unfolding transformer that folds out into a 24x24 inch screen
A

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2012, 02:28:23 PM »
wonder why they don't make one in the shape of a pair glasses, and you could see it in the glasses instead of having a screen!

I think we will see this soon.

the keyboard and controls could be holographic breamed from the glasses in front of you so you just type in the air. see?

or is this retarded?

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2012, 04:55:35 PM »

not so much hard to use than a pain in the ass and slows your computer down, terrible resource hog.

TEAM Nasser

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2012, 05:30:21 PM »
not so much hard to use than a pain in the ass and slows your computer down, terrible resource hog.

Opens in seconds on my mac.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2012, 05:33:36 PM »
My broker thinks they haven't peaked remotely yet. They have the potential to get up to 1k per share.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2012, 06:27:53 PM »
he is a retard.
A

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2012, 06:52:07 PM »

Apple made $1 billion off Google last year by having it as the default search engine in Safari, says Macquarie analyst Ben Schachter in a note this morning.

Schachter wrote his note in response to the fact that Apple seems to be shifting away from Google Maps.

Moving away from Google Maps isn't that big a deal for Google. But what if Apple moved away from Google for search? Would that hurt Google? The answer appears to be no, at least in the short term.

Schachter believes Google searches on Apple devices resulted in $1.3 billion in gross revenue. He believes Google has a 75% traffic acquisition cost associated with that revenue. As a result, Google only gets $335 million in net revenue from searches on iOS and Safari.

If Apple were to abandon Google, the impact to Google would be minor. The impact to Apple might actually be worse, since it would have to rely on search engines that are arguably inferior to Google.

In the long run, though, it could hurt Google since the iPad appears to be taking over the world. If the iPad overtakes the PC in the next 5 years and it becomes the number one way people are searching, then Google will be in trouble.

Here's the breakdown from Schachter on how he got to his number:

Deeper look at the financial impact - We know that Apple TAC is accounted for in the Google.com TAC line item reported each quarter by Google. For 2011, Google reported ~$1.5bn in total Google.com TAC. For modelling purposes, we assume that Apple represented ~66% of this TAC (though we acknowledge that this could be high), or $1bn. At a 75% TAC rate, this means that Google generated ~$1.3bn in gross search revenue through default search placement on Apple devices. In other words, this $1.3bn of search revenue ($335m net search revenue) in 2011 is at risk if Apple moves away from Google. $335m represented ~1% of net Google.com search revenue. Notably, mobile/Apple revenue is among its fastest growing revenue drivers.

The New iPhoto App for iOS Doesn't Use Google Maps

The process of Geotagging our photographs has now become a very common drill for people taking pictures to share with other people. Geotagging lets us see where and when a photograph was taken. iPhoto for the Mac supports Geotagging and allows us to share that personal information with the people we send our photos to. The location of where the photograph was taken will then be shown on a Google Map.

Today, Apple announced, demonstrated, and released iPhoto for iOS into the App Store – compatible with the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch running iOS 5.1 (also released today). iPhoto for iOS will allow us to Geotag and view the Geotagging of our photographs that we take on the go, however it doesn’t appear to be using Google Maps to show us information about our photographs anymore.

We are aware that a while ago Apple purchased two major mapping companies – C3 Technologies and Placebase. These companies were supposed to have proven useful to Apple as they attempt to dominate the computing world without relying on competitors to make the iOS device lineup great. The absence of Google Maps, which still powers the Maps application for now, in the iOS iPhoto application shows us that Apple has not been slacking on their plans to create their own interfaces.

The maps used in the screenshots above are obviously not of Google Maps and are taken from the iOS iPhoto application. Ironically, iPhoto for Mac OS X still uses Google Maps to show us the information about our Geotagged photographs. It is not yet known what Apple plans to do with this mapping technology, whether they plan to bring it to the Mac or integrate it into the Maps application. If Apple does bring these mapping technologies to iOS and OS X then Google will have more competition to worry about as Apple brings their finalizing touch to the digital mapping world as they have with many other services such as voice dictation.
Gracie Rules

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2012, 06:57:27 PM »
Hell no.

see what I'm saying?
We cant feed 7 Billion, hell we have to exterminate most of them or keep them in poverty to even have a "First World" - Imagine the wars, hostility and choas with 29 1/2 billion starving people, and one ruling class.  Sounds delightful!
V