Author Topic: Who REALLY won the 1994 Mr. Olympia  (Read 17078 times)

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
Re: Who REALLY won the 1994 Mr. Olympia
« Reply #125 on: February 01, 2008, 10:07:33 PM »
Dorian's good friend Bob Wolff wrote the article for M&F on the 1994 Olympia. Even he said Shawn should've won.

"Shawn should've flown home with the Sandow statue." - BW

Dorian in 92, 93 and 95?

Absolutely.

Dorian in 94, 96 and 97?

No.

joelocal

« Reply #126 on: February 01, 2008, 10:34:27 PM »
Maybe you missed the part in the IFBB judging criteria that calls for " Muscular Bulk " at just 205 pounds Shawn Ray is severely lacking in part of the criteria , Shawn made predictions he was going to beat Haney , Yates , he bitched about Ronnie he was never legitimately in the running with such a deficit

The IFBB judging criteria also missed the part that calls for symmetry and having two arms and more than one ab that doesn't stick out futher than his his chest >:(

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #127 on: February 02, 2008, 03:33:38 AM »
The IFBB judging criteria also missed the part that calls for symmetry and having two arms and more than one ab that doesn't stick out futher than his his chest >:(

LOL ND owned.

yet ANOTHER thread where everyone can see that ND has no fucking clue when it comes to applying criteria..

LOL

this is great 8)
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #128 on: February 02, 2008, 03:35:31 AM »
Dorian dominated from the front , sides and the back i.e. Hulkster complete , need anything else corrected?

you need to be corrected dumbass.

none of those shots show Yates standing next to his competition, and only one of those shots is post tear.

if you want to see ownage of dorian, check out pics from 1994 and 1996 LOL

::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #129 on: February 02, 2008, 03:56:18 AM »
DORIAN'S LATS ARE SO FUCKING BIG AND IMPRESSIVE EVEN FROM THE FRONT IT'S INCREDIBLE!

I never really understood the whole "Yates won because of his back", but looking at the standing relaxed everyone looks like 12-year-old boys compared to Yates and his ridiculously thick lats! Unfucking believeable.

Yates had some ugly ass quads, but they were the biggest on stage and his calves/hams/gluts were unmatched. 

Yates deserved every Olympia he ever won.  Ronnie is better and took it to another level.  Nasser's conditioning and back were very bad.  He also doesn't have the integrity of a Mr. Olympia.  Nasser fans can complain all they want but it means nothing because Yates/Coleman are in the history books as Mr. Olympia's and will be remembered 50 years from now while Nasser will be long forgotten.  You all must move on and act like men and stop whining like little girls. 

Nasser is a loser and a pathetic old man who is bitter about a bodybuilding contest that took place over 10 years ago.  Very, very pathetic indeed.  You don't see Sergio Oliva coming on the boards and trash talking Arnold about the '72 Olympia do you?  That's because Sergio has some integrity left in his life and has moved on.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #130 on: February 02, 2008, 05:26:43 AM »

Dorian does have symmetry , he does have two arms and when held tight his midsection looks great , again you think Ray is without flaws? short high calves that aren't in proportion with his quads , short legs , long torso , among the narrowest clavicles you ever see Shawn Ray's lats spreads? NO neither did anyone else again just because someone has a prettier physique doesn't mean they should win , thats how he judging criteria works it who meets the criteria the best

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: February 02, 2008, 05:34:14 AM »
LOL ND owned.

yet ANOTHER thread where everyone can see that ND has no fucking clue when it comes to applying criteria..

LOL

this is great 8)

I love how you get excited because you think if someone disagrees with me I'm getting owned  ::) you're so desperate to try and get revenge for all the times I crushed you , you think if anyone says anything to the contrary they're automatically right  ::) and enough with this ' everyone ' nonsense most people on here are like you ignorant and while on the topic of applying the criteria please explain how you came to the conclusion ( after applying the criteria ) that Dorian lost the 1993 Mr Olympia to Flex Wheeler , that 1998 Mr Olympia wasn't a close contest despite a 3 point difference , and oh how about this gem Ronnie Coleman has more detailed calves than Dorian Yates , and Lee Labrada had crappy abdominals & calves , Matt Mendebhall was blocky , Ronnie 1999 was more grainy than Dorian Yates , I mean should I continue? because I have many more Hulksterisms

you are hands down the most ignorant person I even seen when it comes to the topic of competitive bodybuilding , hands down !! you don't know anything remember Hulkster I'm explaining things to you not the other way around and by the way you never did elaborate on how Yates lost the 1993 Mr Olympia lol

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: February 02, 2008, 05:41:17 AM »

none of those shots show Yates standing next to his competition, and only one of those shots is post tear.

Yeah because he wasn't directly compared to his competition in the whole of pre-judging lol again Dorian isn't getting owned at all , your lack of comprehension of the IFBB judging criteria allows you to make such blanket statements oh and couple that with your Yates-bias , again some people may look better from an aesthetic standpoint but from the standpoint of muscular bulk , density & conditioning , balance & proportion , posing & presentation Dorian stood alone among his peers which is exactly why Ronnie Coleman right before the 1999 Mr Olympia stated he couldn't beat Dorian Yates

These are all Dorian post-tear he's completely destroying his competition , while you can find some advantages in his competitors as a whole ( you know Hulkster how contests are judged  ;) ) he is the biggest , hardest , driest and best balanced guy on stage bar-none

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #133 on: February 02, 2008, 06:49:19 AM »
Dorian's good friend Bob Wolff wrote the article for M&F on the 1994 Olympia. Even he said Shawn should've won.

"Shawn should've flown home with the Sandow statue." - BW

Dorian in 92, 93 and 95?

Absolutely.

Dorian in 94, 96 and 97?

No.

FWIW, I was at the '96 O.  When the competitors first came out, there was a buzz that Nasser may be the guy on that night.  When they turned around, the show was over.  People were actually laughing about how they first thought Nasser had a chance.

Yes, there are one or two pics that make from that show that make them look comparable, but they really weren't.

I have no bias toward any competitor, either.  Just an objective observation.
Y

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #134 on: February 02, 2008, 07:50:53 AM »
Another reminder of Yates' arm size deficit-Yates' tris while extremely cut, are about half the size of other guys like Levrone. :o

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: February 02, 2008, 07:51:46 AM »
Another reminded that Yates tris, while cut are about half the size of other guys like Levrone. :o

Outstanding calves though.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: February 02, 2008, 07:53:59 AM »
Outstanding calves though.
LOL ya and nice tatoos.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #137 on: February 02, 2008, 07:56:25 AM »

agreed, from the front alone, Dorian wouldn't have been so dominant, not by far... (I think Levrone owns that pose)

But you've got to give him his credit, when he turned around, it was game over!
just not good enough

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: February 02, 2008, 07:58:36 AM »

But you've got to give him his credit, when he turned around, it was game over!

This is the stock (and unsatisfactory) answer-from the front and sides it was often lights out for Yates. ;D Front shots are the most important anyway, whether it's admitted here or not.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: February 02, 2008, 08:02:15 AM »
The keg clearly being manhandled here by Nasser from the back..

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: February 02, 2008, 08:02:54 AM »
If only the front mattered, Dillet would have been Mr. O.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: February 02, 2008, 08:07:02 AM »
If only the front mattered, Dillet would have been Mr. O.

Dillet was strong from all angles other than back actually.

His back deficiency was less than the perception, and clearly less than Yates' shortcomings from both front AND sides.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: February 02, 2008, 08:12:49 AM »
Where's that b&w picture (front lat spread) with Dillet and Levrone absolutely destroying Yates?

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: February 02, 2008, 08:14:40 AM »
Pic #37 of various BBs destroying Yates.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: February 02, 2008, 08:23:02 AM »
Pic #37 of various BBs destroying Yates.

Dillet crushing everyone.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: February 02, 2008, 08:42:35 AM »
This is the stock (and unsatisfactory) answer-from the front and sides it was often lights out for Yates. ;D Front shots are the most important anyway, whether it's admitted here or not.

Again typical fan-boy response , no Yates had among the best front latspreads and ab-thigh , his side triceps & side chest were fantastic , his back shots are out of this world and I hate to break it to you front shot are NO MORE important than any other shots its the whole that counts ! it reminds me of your comment on show muscles lol typical fan-boy delusion

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: February 02, 2008, 08:43:38 AM »
Dillet was strong from all angles other than back actually.

His back deficiency was less than the perception, and clearly less than Yates' shortcomings from both front AND sides.

You think his back was his only shortcoming? how about posing & density and overall conditioning? those don't count just what you like does lol

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: February 02, 2008, 08:46:40 AM »
The keg clearly being manhandled here by Nasser from the back..

Again one of your more retarded comments Nasser isn't even close to Yates from the back ! your bias against Yates blinds you to facts period , Nasser is in no way shape or form comparable in terms of back ( other than width ) his condition despite his use of diuretics is severely lacking , Dorian is outclassing both of them its not close

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: February 02, 2008, 08:51:59 AM »
Another reminder of Yates' arm size deficit-Yates' tris while extremely cut, are about half the size of other guys like Levrone. :o

Same contest whats your excuse now? Dorian easily beat everyone even at his worse

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #149 on: February 02, 2008, 09:05:59 AM »
shawn ws the best bber on stage

but the whiney little cu nt prolly talked himself out of the O long before stepping on stage
carpe` vaginum!