Author Topic: Lee Priest -is he obsessive compulsive?  (Read 27329 times)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: Lee Priest -is he obsessive compulsive?
« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2013, 07:04:09 AM »
We slow down to view the train wreck.  It is no different with The Pros.

We are all here because we share  some kind of weird fascination in the bizarre freak show they call Pro BB.

Sadly, the freaks don't want to hang out here anymore because of the treatment they receive at the hands of a minority.

Yes, i would encourage an open dialogue with Ron and his Mods.  I would like to get their perspective on the place and whether or not they share a collective vision for this place moving forward....Yes, i am ready to have a conversation about this.

Why do you care so much? Because you're close friends with Ron, or more important, because you work in the same 'industry'? I can understand very well that this 'industry' doesn't like forums like Getbig, simply a matter of conflict of interest...

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2013, 07:15:50 AM »
Why do you care so much? Because you're close friends with Ron, or more important, because you work in the same 'industry'? I can understand very well that this 'industry' doesn't like forums like Getbig, simply a matter of conflict of interest...

You need to bare in mind that this person appears to have no knowledge of the "Positive Bodybuilding Discussion" section, created for this purpose, years ago.  Moderated by LP for quite a while.  Not that heavily popular.

Ron likes the thunderdome. 

He doesn't like it in the sense that he's going to say he likes it, here.  But you don't run a board like this for like 15 years and NOT like it.

Caro

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Stop the hate and The Pros will return
« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2013, 07:27:20 AM »

This 'industry' doesn't like forums like Getbig because of the unfair and unbalanced treated delved out by many of the posters.  No issue of conflict of interest at all.  Sites like MD and BB.com operate in harmony with the Pros.
Don't forget boards like GB only exist because there is a BB industry.  Take away the industry and you have zero subject matter to debate, critique and evaluate.

Caro

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2013, 07:35:25 AM »
You need to bare in mind that this person appears to have no knowledge of the "Positive Bodybuilding Discussion" section, created for this purpose, years ago.  Moderated by LP for quite a while.  Not that heavily popular.

Ron likes the thunderdome. 

He doesn't like it in the sense that he's going to say he likes it, here.  But you don't run a board like this for like 15 years and NOT like it.

Ron likes 'elements' of the thunderdome.  However, over the years he has had to appease many Pros by banning scores of posters because of bullying, disrespecting and hating.  But it has all been to no avail as the Pros just end up leaving after growing tired of the relentless and unjustified attacks...again, GB's loss and MD's gain...sadly

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2013, 07:42:49 AM »
This 'industry' doesn't like forums like Getbig because of the unfair and unbalanced treated delved out by many of the posters.  No issue of conflict of interest at all.  Sites like MD and BB.com operate in harmony with the Pros industry.

Fixed. MD and BB work in harmony with the industry because of their business model. In advance, the industry will sponsor them and allow their sponsored athletes to join those forums, typical win-win case.
Now, please stop jabbling about those pros, because they're just walking walking advertising boards to that filthy industry of yours. Yes, filthy because most products are snake oils. Sure, "no conflicts of interest at all", my ass!

Don't forget boards like GB only exist because there is a BB industry.  Take away the industry and you have zero subject matter to debate, critique and evaluate.

Haha, that's the biggest BS I've heard so far from you, but thanks for the good sarcasm here. Where are the banners or sponsors on this forum? ::)

On a side note, what would happen with a discussion like this on BB or MD.com? We all know the answer...

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2013, 10:42:12 AM »
Rock, a good read, rare around this place these days.

Agree with the premise of your argument.  Yes, the Pros are not going to necessarily make this place better nor will they bring any insights that have not already been rehashed a thousand times. But what they will bring is the experiences of living the day to day life of a Pro...and that is  the crazy training and dieting, standing on an Olympia stage etc etc....look, i just think that the world is a better place when we have diversity, tolerance, understanding and acceptance...qualities which tend to be lacking around here.

Says the 110 post "newcomer"  ::)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2013, 12:06:17 PM »
There a lot of whores out there.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2013, 02:56:50 PM »
This 'industry' doesn't like forums like Getbig because of the unfair and unbalanced treated delved out by many of the posters.  No issue of conflict of interest at all.  Sites like MD and BB.com operate in harmony with the Pros.
Don't forget boards like GB only exist because there is a BB industry.  Take away the industry and you have zero subject matter to debate, critique and evaluate.

GET BIG 10 - Caro O

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2013, 03:48:19 PM »
I have taken one thing from Caro's presence here. Haters gonna hate.  ;D

Caro

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2013, 07:24:24 PM »
Fixed. MD and BB work in harmony with the industry because of their business model. In advance, the industry will sponsor them and allow their sponsored athletes to join those forums, typical win-win case.
Now, please stop jabbling about those pros, because they're just walking walking advertising boards to that filthy industry of yours. Yes, filthy because most products are snake oils. Sure, "no conflicts of interest at all", my ass!

Haha, that's the biggest BS I've heard so far from you, but thanks for the good sarcasm here. Were are the banners or sponsors on this forum? ::)

On a side note, what would happen with a discussion like this on BB or MD.com? We all know the answer...

True about the Pros being walking and talking advertising boards.  But this is a part of every pro athlete whatever the sport.  If the dollar sign is there these individuals will sell their soul to the devil...One of the downfalls of so called professionalism i guess.

Caro

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2013, 07:25:56 PM »
Says the 110 post "newcomer"  ::)

still trolling hey?

not wanted in this thread, you are such a boring addition to this board

Caro

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2013, 07:28:43 PM »
I have taken one thing from Caro's presence here. Haters gonna hate.  ;D

lol..

However, this board is notorious for having probably the highest gathering of haters..Again, i don't think this place would lose any of its originality if you banned the racists, bigots, homophobes etc....

Constructive moderation is what i believe would vastly improve this place..peace.

Caro

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2013, 07:29:30 PM »

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #113 on: July 26, 2013, 12:24:36 AM »
trolling again

Take a look at yourself. You're repeating yourself, over and over again.
Do you have anything else to say, other than your rants about the 'haters', the moderation and the pros who left this place?

Caro

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #114 on: July 26, 2013, 01:56:39 AM »
Take a look at yourself. You're repeating yourself, over and over again.
Do you have anything else to say, other than your rants about the 'haters', the moderation and the pros who left this place?

I cannot understand why reasonably intelligent people like yourself cannot see that this place would only benefit from consistent modding. 

I am NOT suggesting anything new.  I did NOT write the 'rules of posting' for GB.

For example, It perplexes me that Ron  or a mod will deliver someone to time-out for an ant- Semitic post (as they should) but will allow the most abhorrent forms of alternative racism, homophobia, death threats etc.

Bottom line, MD has taken the baton from GB.  A pity really after the incredible effort Ron has put into this place!

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #115 on: July 26, 2013, 02:33:46 AM »
The original topic of this thread:

....................The original topic of this thread:

Caro

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #116 on: July 26, 2013, 02:42:46 AM »
The original topic of this thread:

....................The original topic of this thread:

Good post...lol.

Never forget when Vince Basile 'showed up' (uninvited) to the funeral of Lee's grandparent. And yes, then Vince posted every slimy detail.

Now that is the GB of old.  Bring back  the old GB -a place where Pros were lining up to hang out!

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #117 on: July 26, 2013, 02:47:14 AM »
Good post...lol.

Never forget when Vince Basile 'showed up' (uninvited) to the funeral of Lee's grandparent. And yes, then Vince posted every slimy detail.

Now that is the GB of old.  Bring back  the old GB -a place where Pros were lining up to hang out!

that is fucked up if Basile did that, assuming he did not know the dead person at all.

Caro

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #118 on: July 26, 2013, 03:01:43 AM »
that is fucked up if Basile did that, assuming he did not know the dead person at all.

You assume right..lol.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: July 26, 2013, 03:22:14 AM »
That is bizarre

Caro

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2013, 03:40:14 AM »
That is bizarre

Booty, i thought you would have know about this!  The place went into meltdown. There would be threads regarding this event somewhere in the GB archives.

Would love Basile to chime in now.

These events just add weight to what i continue to go on about -and that is, GB 'is' a better place when the Pros post!

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2013, 03:51:42 AM »
Booty, i thought you would have know about this!  The place went into meltdown. There would be threads regarding this event somewhere in the GB archives.

Would love Basile to chime in now.

These events just add weight to what i continue to go on about -and that is, GB 'is' a better place when the Pros post!
I only found out about getbig forums in 2008. It was a pro who told me about getbig. Pros are here as either guests or gimmicks.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #122 on: July 26, 2013, 03:58:38 AM »
I can't see why Caro, aka Hank Wood, posts here. He won't make a difference. Ron has pressure put on him from various people and organizations so that is why some people get attacked and he does nothing or very little about it. I mean, why allow defaming here? We can imagine all the anonymous people coming here....like Caro...and knocking various people. The anonymity is the problem not the moderators.

I think they should require that everyone who registers here does so with their ISP email address. Better yet, do that and also have a credit card or drivers licence. That would stop all the crap. When few are responsible for what they post then what you get is the crap seen regularly on Getbig. That is okay to a point but the flotsam will keep attacking people until they melt. Those who don't melt sure cop a hiding here. Thanks, moderators and Ron!

Caro

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #123 on: July 26, 2013, 04:00:16 AM »
I only found out about getbig forums in 2008. It was a pro who told me about getbig. Pros are here as either guests or gimmicks.

OK.

The Pros may well be here as guests/gimmicks.

I am not sure if you remember when the Pros 'didn't' have to hide behind a screen name.  FYI, they are now over at MD and BB.com using there 'real' names and not feeling they have to hide.

Again, this place has turned into school yard of bullies.  Sad.

Booty,  this place tortured and tormented Lee to an inch of his life.  He spent more time pm'ing Ron to complain about the haters than actually posting! lol

Caro

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2013, 04:04:12 AM »
I can't see why Caro, aka Hank Wood, posts here. He won't make a difference. Ron has pressure put on him from various people and organizations so that is why some people get attacked and he does nothing or very little about it. I mean, why allow defaming here? We can imagine all the anonymous people coming here....like Caro...and knocking various people. The anonymity is the problem not the moderators.

I think they should require that everyone who registers here does so with their ISP email address. Better yet, do that and also have a credit card or drivers licence. That would stop all the crap. When few are responsible for what they post then what you get is the crap seen regularly on Getbig. That is okay to a point but the flotsam will keep attacking people until they melt. Those who don't melt sure cop a hiding here. Thanks, moderators and Ron!

Hi Vince,  Thanks for joining the thread.  Your positive feedback is noted.

I will speak on the body of your post shortly.  But first, would you like to share your thinking regarding attending the Lee Priest 'family member' funeral?

And yes, you have always worn your heart on your sleeve.  Something that i have always appreciated.