Author Topic: Reparing joints  (Read 1612 times)

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
Reparing joints
« on: June 12, 2006, 03:32:13 AM »
First of all, i dont know anything about steroids. But i was wondering. I know that some types can help you recover faster and help repair the damage in your body. I also read about a guy that had a chronic injury that disappeared while on a cycle.

I also know that taking steroids is (generally) not really good for your joints. Muscle grows faster, more stress on them, etc... In an article about the baseball steroid users, they said the guys were taking HGH to help strengthen their bones and joints...

My question: do certain chemicals help your joints get stronger, recover,... ?
I'm asking this cause i have some bad shoulders (nothing acute). I wouldn't take steroids for muscle growth or power, but i might consider taking something if it can help with my joints.
$

gtbro1

• Getbig V
Re: Reparing joints
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 03:39:56 AM »
I have heard that deca(nandrolone) helps with the joints.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 06:11:35 AM »
Deca will help your joints when you're on it. From what I've read its effects stop once it's out of your system (I've never taken Deca...only EQ).

When my joints bother me I lighten the weight & increase the number of reps. Sometimes I use that as a cue to take a week off or change up exercises.

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • WTF this stuff really works
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 11:32:43 AM »
Deca help with loint pain,thats were alot of water get stored to support you muscle growth.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 02:35:23 PM »
It does help a great deal with joint relief but it is only temporary relief that will disappear once you're off. It by no means will heal an existing problem.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 02:47:06 PM »
I heard the same thing but that after the cycle its alot worse and that all your joints cease up. This was just from one person however others have told me that they were fine.
bodybuildersreality.com

Ledd

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 05:59:41 PM »
Your body in general will retain more water and water retained on the joints is synovial fluid, as everyone else said its only temporary, while your on deca.  However there have been studies(?) that show deca helps strengthen and repair bones damaged by osteoporosis.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 07:19:29 PM »
Sometimes I use that as a cue to take a week off or change up exercises.

Very good point most of the time joint pain is a result of overuse.  Its a natural warning sign, your body is saying "ease up" Learn to listen to it.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 07:52:32 PM »
Very good point most of the time joint pain is a result of overuse.  Its a natural warning sign, your body is saying "ease up" Learn to listen to it.
You are correct but sometimes that's easier said then done. I have been notorious for not listening to warning signs of injuries in the past and I've had a few injuries in the past that could have been easily avoided if I had listened to my body. I feel that I'm getting better at that now, after a few injuries you kind of have to get over your stupidity. After all, an injured bodybuilder is not much of a bodybuilder at all.

BIG_O

• Getbig IV
  • Assumptions are the mother of all Fuck-ups.
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 03:27:24 PM »
Your body in general will retain more water and water retained on the joints is synovial fluid, as everyone else said its only temporary, while your on deca.  However there have been studies(?) that show deca helps strengthen and repair bones damaged by osteoporosis.

I have a couple of studies in one of my databases. It will take me a while to find them.

Deca is a progestin. Progestins stimulate the humoral arm of immunity while simultaneously suppressing the cell mediated arm of immunity.

This is why people notice the joint pain being quelled while running Nandrolone. It has nothing to do with water retention. If this were true a compound with a higher affinity to bind water would produce the same results.