Author Topic: Ask Jennifer Lynn Cowan (aka The Beast)  (Read 115294 times)

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
Re: Ask Jennifer Lynn Cowan (aka The Beast)
« Reply #375 on: June 13, 2006, 10:14:12 AM »
Well I wish I had pictures to post but I probably won't get any new ones till this weekend.  Things seem to be coming together nicely and I felt great in my workout yesterday.  I upped my creatine intake to a whole scoop (5 G's I believe) from just 1/2 and I felt so full when lifting yesterday.

Also, after discussing my previous attempts at carb-loading with Mr. Natty O himself I have reworked my entire program an dam really hoping it comes together for me.  I'm not going to carb-load/deplete for this show.  In the past I have always been an advocate of it but I end up feeling bloated and not my best sooooo I am taking in slightly higher then normal carbs Monday, today and possibly Wednesday (100-125) normally I take in under 70.  Then I will drop them to under 100 for the remainder of the week.  In the past I have always dropped veggies on Wednesday-now I will keep only asparagus in and in limited amounts. 

I am upping my fat this whole week-probaby will drop the natty pb Wednesday (sodium factor) but I am adding in 1-2 T of Flax which is disgusting but will hopefully help "move things along" and flatten out my stomach.  I'm water loading 2 G+ through tomorrow.  Drop it to 1.5 on Thursday.  I'll be on stage on Friday evening so I will drink a decent amount that morning but sip afternoon as well as take a natty diuretic that afternoon/maybe evening and the Saturday morning to finish off pre-judging.

The whole 2-day/judging things isn't ideal but nothing I can do about it but look good on Friday night and outstanding Saturday morning for the 2=piece round.  My color....I'll most likely start tanning tonight-my most hated part of the whole process!!!
Jennifer

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #376 on: June 13, 2006, 11:11:56 AM »
Before I forget, best of luck in your show Jennifer :)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #377 on: June 13, 2006, 12:17:38 PM »
Well I wish I had pictures to post but I probably won't get any new ones till this weekend.  Things seem to be coming together nicely and I felt great in my workout yesterday.  I upped my creatine intake to a whole scoop (5 G's I believe) from just 1/2 and I felt so full when lifting yesterday.

Also, after discussing my previous attempts at carb-loading with Mr. Natty O himself I have reworked my entire program an dam really hoping it comes together for me.  I'm not going to carb-load/deplete for this show.  In the past I have always been an advocate of it but I end up feeling bloated and not my best sooooo I am taking in slightly higher then normal carbs Monday, today and possibly Wednesday (100-125) normally I take in under 70.  Then I will drop them to under 100 for the remainder of the week.  In the past I have always dropped veggies on Wednesday-now I will keep only asparagus in and in limited amounts. 

I am upping my fat this whole week-probaby will drop the natty pb Wednesday (sodium factor) but I am adding in 1-2 T of Flax which is disgusting but will hopefully help "move things along" and flatten out my stomach.  I'm water loading 2 G+ through tomorrow.  Drop it to 1.5 on Thursday.  I'll be on stage on Friday evening so I will drink a decent amount that morning but sip afternoon as well as take a natty diuretic that afternoon/maybe evening and the Saturday morning to finish off pre-judging.

The whole 2-day/judging things isn't ideal but nothing I can do about it but look good on Friday night and outstanding Saturday morning for the 2=piece round.  My color....I'll most likely start tanning tonight-my most hated part of the whole process!!!
Can ya get spray tanned Jennifer?  The spray booths can spray tan you with pro-tan.  Maybe 2 or more coats could give some great color.

And Good Luck, although I don't think you'll need it.  ;)
:D Weee

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #378 on: June 13, 2006, 12:47:56 PM »

Mrs. Arvilla up in the house!

I wish you two could be in town for JRNats this weekend in Chicago...I would have had a huge sloppy Chicago style PIZZA waiting for you and Mikey. Holla!

?

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #379 on: June 13, 2006, 12:50:19 PM »
Mrs. Arvilla up in the house!

I wish you two could be in town for JRNats this weekend in Chicago...I would have had a huge sloppy Chicago style PIZZA waiting for you and Mikey. Holla!

Michael would jump all over that pizza, but I can not.  :(  Grilled chicken for me.  ;)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #380 on: June 13, 2006, 01:00:03 PM »
Michael would jump all over that pizza, but I can not.  :(  Grilled chicken for me.  ;)

You are nicer than me. When I diet my household diets. I freely force my stepdaughter to eat grilled chicken and broccoli and she knows full well that she has no alternative. If she wants something I can't eat....she has to take herself to the store and get it, and eat it before she gets home. I have poor willpower and cannot keep any decent food around me or I will annihilate it at like 2am. She's really cool about it though...kinda works well...as by virtue of 'dieting through me' she has a nice physique.....

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #381 on: June 13, 2006, 01:05:34 PM »
You are nicer than me. When I diet my household diets. I freely force my stepdaughter to eat grilled chicken and broccoli and she knows full well that she has no alternative. If she wants something I can't eat....she has to take herself to the store and get it, and eat it before she gets home. I have poor willpower and cannot keep any decent food around me or I will annihilate it at like 2am. She's really cool about it though...kinda works well...as by virtue of 'dieting through me' she has a nice physique.....

Well I dieted somewhat with Michael (just didn't eat as often as he did) and would have a cheat (potatoe, bread, etc) when out to lunch with a co-worker.  I guess I am just accustomed to eating like that.  After Michaels contest we had pizza.  I could only eat one slice after the show, I felt so quilty because I know I have to start preparing for mine soon.  I guess guilt is my willpower, lol. 

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #382 on: June 13, 2006, 01:24:37 PM »
(potatoe, bread, etc)

Is this Dan Quayle's gimmick account?

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #383 on: June 13, 2006, 01:32:13 PM »

Is this Dan Quayle's gimmick account?
Bite me!  >:(    It's a Florida thing.  Roflmao   j/k

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #384 on: June 13, 2006, 01:45:51 PM »

When is and what show are you planning on, Laura?

Jennifer is a really good person to turn to when it comes to the ins and outs of femals figure contest dieting/training. I know Michael knows how to apply diet/training information to you...but if my wife wanted to train for a figure show. I'd probably be inclined to turn her over to a girl who digs through those trenches and walks that line...know what I'm sayin?

I train or train w/ a few different girls who are gunning to do FIGURE shows in Chicagoland within the next 6 months. I have no problem helping them TRAIN or hold an OFFSEASON type diet because in the OFFSEASON a figure girl should be really training like a BB and be focused on GROWING...but as it gets closer to showtime...I am turning them over to Jennifer.
                                                                              Holla!
?

NoMeatHeadz

• Getbig I
« Reply #385 on: June 13, 2006, 04:16:25 PM »
dork

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #386 on: June 13, 2006, 06:54:26 PM »
Well I dieted somewhat with Michael (just didn't eat as often as he did) and would have a cheat (potatoe, bread, etc) when out to lunch with a co-worker.  I guess I am just accustomed to eating like that.  After Michaels contest we had pizza.  I could only eat one slice after the show, I felt so quilty because I know I have to start preparing for mine soon.  I guess guilt is my willpower, lol. 

You need to loosen up a little now!  You still have a few months before youhave to get serious about dieting...start too soon and you won't see the progress you are hoping for plus it will be more difficult to put on more muscle if you are being too strict.   

Anyway, thanks for the support and the confidence, I am getting more and more nervous every hour  :)
Jennifer

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #387 on: June 13, 2006, 06:55:58 PM »
Thanks CQ, hope your contest prep is going good-you must be pretty close.  Let me know.
Jennifer

Natural_O

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #388 on: June 15, 2006, 11:17:08 PM »
Good Luck Jennifer!!
Knock 'em dead tonight!!!!

John

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #389 on: June 22, 2006, 12:15:31 PM »
Well as most of you know this past weekend did not go as planned :)  But I have learned a few valuable lessons that I will bring into my next shows and I am looking forward now instead of back. 

Overall I think I came into the show in my best condition to date.  I did make a few major mistakes: my posing being #1 and my color #2.  Luckily these are things that I can hopefully work on by New York.  There are a few things I need to change in my physique as well but those will take more time and although I will adjust my training in the next 3 weeks, major changes won't happen until the next time around.

Block, I know I know-you told me so.  You warned me from day 1 about my color and even though I don't tan well I will be doing everything I can to get some kind of base before New York.  I thought I was the darkest I had ever been this weekend but once I got under those huge lights on stage I was a definite whitey.  I HATE tanning but sometimes we have to do things we hate to achieve things we want (keep your minds out of the gutter). 

Also I will be training a little with Mr. Natty O...thank you very much.  He will be able to give me some pointers on posing even though he is a boy.  He will know what to look for and how I can make some adjustments.  We are training back this Saturday:)

As far as the changes in my physique that I feel most strongly about: I need better tie-ins from my glutes/hams.  Jodi will actually be giving me a few pointers and I will be hitting the plyos/stadiums and switching my leg routines a little now but especially in the off-season.  Also I really think I need a better peak on my shoulder.  Genetically my shoulders and flatter on top and I need to figure out how I can bring out that upper peak (I may have to "cheat" it in my poses).  Other then that I will continually try to bring my calves up and work on streamlining the muscle I gained this last year.

As always I love any comments/suggestions and although people always say ":don't listen to too many people" it is nice to hear peoples opinions.  Like a fine wine I plan on getting better with time-stay tuned:)
Jennifer

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #390 on: June 22, 2006, 12:23:25 PM »
Last year  :o
Jennifer

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #391 on: June 22, 2006, 12:25:24 PM »
This year  ;D still needs work but a year can make a HUGE difference!!!
Jennifer

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #392 on: June 22, 2006, 12:26:56 PM »
A few more...thanks JC for the great pics:)
Jennifer

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #393 on: June 22, 2006, 12:51:55 PM »

Major improvements from last year to THIS year...

I'm not going to say I told you so about the tanning thing but whatever you do...try to do it E.O.D. instead of everyday...or 4 days a week. Like training...give your skin time to 'heal' in between tanning sessions same as you would w/ your muscles.

9-11 minutes in a Level 1 bed. Stand-up. Cut out tanning by 4-5 days before the show. I actually think this will be a good thing for your skin...people who hide from the sun and avoid the sun all the time got it wrong...how can/will their skin be immune to U.V. rays if its never exposed to it...let it build a little immunity.

Someone told me recently...if 'one' wants to play a certain game but ONLY wants to follow their own rules...how can they wonder why they didnt win? If tanning is the WORST thing you are doing to yourself...then you really have nothing to worry about.

I'd still go old school if I were you...I'd consider running a little E.C.A. w/ a handful of your next cardio sessions...throw in some DHEA in the morning and evening. DHEA can be bought at Walgreens...F.Y.I.

John? What do you think of that advice? You guys hittin Diamond Gym? I say bring her to USA! Too bad ol' Al's Gym isnt around anymore...that was a great gym.
?

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #394 on: June 23, 2006, 05:27:11 PM »
Thanks Pete, I hope it wasn't a conspiracy though!

The girl who won my class was beautiful and I thought she looked great.  She was also very nice which makes her winning even better.  I'll attach a few pics of the girls who placed high in my class but you can find all of them here-http://www.hardfitness.com/jrnats2006.html and I was in the B class in Figure.

The winner: Tinamarie Bloomfield
Jennifer

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #395 on: June 23, 2006, 05:29:34 PM »
2nd place: Lois Powell and 3rd place: Ginger Redeker
Jennifer

Natural_O

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #396 on: June 25, 2006, 07:47:23 PM »
Wow Jennifer, what a HUGE change in one year!!  :o
Can you imagine what you are going to look like in another year
or two?

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
Re: Our own Jennifer Lynn Cowan
« Reply #397 on: July 03, 2006, 09:06:27 PM »
Here are a few more, if I post too many no one will have to go to my eventual website though:)

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhht ;D

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #398 on: July 03, 2006, 09:11:48 PM »
wow i was just going over the pics, huuuge change in one year amazing looking great!! you probably could have placed a lil higher. your color is maybe the only drawback as you said. looks like you are really on the way.  if you need a wardrobe man just let me know 8)

Bast175

« Reply #399 on: July 05, 2006, 07:34:36 AM »
OMG.........she is fricken HOT................ohhh. .........sorry...... :-\

Not really