Author Topic: Peter Putnam: The next big thing or lucky to be a *pro* with a contract?  (Read 6442 times)

Determinator

• Getbig IV

tendonitis

• Getbig V
Re: Peter Putnam: The next big thing or lucky to be a *pro* with a contract?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 05:28:25 AM »
a complete fraud, not even one of the 10 best of the 202 class

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 05:32:52 AM »
a complete fraud, not even one of the 10 best of the 202 class

I agree. It seems kind of odd that he managed to attain *pro* status and glitz the cover of flex, with articles on him within (again, naturally written in perfect English, surprising as he sounds like a retard in 'real life.')

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 03:50:42 PM »

Awful physique... Hot wife. Nice guy, though...

Chick denies politics in pro bodybuilding but if Putnam winning a Pro Card is't politics at it's ugliest then I don't know what is.

- Block.
?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 03:54:54 PM »

Chick denies politics in pro bodybuilding but if Putnam winning a Pro Card is't politics at it's ugliest then I don't know what is.

- Block.
I was at the nationals when he won his pro card. Peter had a lot of precontest hype comming in, got a buzz going around him , showed up in good shape and won his class.
That is just how it rolls...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 04:06:00 PM »

- Block.

Lost to Chaney in 07, Lost to Dixon in 08, won his class and STILL didnt get his card at the USA....every show was alledgedly "his", and "politics"....guess it only applies when they finally win, right?

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 04:14:01 AM »
Dude has no back,  His wife is hot though.

Determinator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 04:20:04 AM »
?? if you like stick insect, gargoyle looking women, yes.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 04:20:58 AM »
Lost to Chaney in 07, Lost to Dixon in 08, won his class and STILL didnt get his card at the USA....every show was alledgedly "his", and "politics"....guess it only applies when they finally win, right?

How many times he lost is completely irrelevent.  It's the fact that he won a pro-card at all that's the issue.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 04:26:19 AM »

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2009, 04:31:58 AM »

pro? hmmmm. lets have a nice picture of his wife.. I remember seeing a pic once (her body).. I forget.

vitamin J

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2009, 10:10:05 AM »
Hard to get a word in edgewise (Better than being dull) but all in all Peter is a nice guy, and his wife is very humble. I think he can do some damage IF he can pick up the tempo and really bring his best. IMO should have had his pro card back in 07'  .. I hope the best for both of them.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2009, 10:18:30 AM »

Ok, I'll play...

If it's 'politics', what's the angle? 

Other than Peter (and his family), who stands to benefit from his status as a pro?  What sort of 'extras' are included that would make it worthwhile to create a conspiracy to elevate his stature prematurely or completely without merit? 

I think the guy is totally down-to-earth and is deserving of the success that has come his way.  Does it take good luck and timing?  Absolutely, but the same applies to everyone else out there, too.

But, I'm willing to listen.  If there's a conspiracy in place, who is involved and why?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 10:51:22 AM »
How many times he lost is completely irrelevent.  It's the fact that he won a pro-card at all that's the issue.

It's irrelevent? Some fool is claiming politics are the reason, but when brought to attention the fact that every year "politics" were supposed to guarantee a pro card....he lost.

Never heard anyone say he deserved 10th, when he took 2nd, or won his class....

good logic

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 11:00:39 AM »
It's irrelevent? Some fool is claiming politics are the reason, but when brought to attention the fact that every year "politics" were supposed to guarantee a pro card....he lost.

Never heard anyone say he deserved 10th, when he took 2nd, or won his class....

good logic

If rusty placed 8th at the masters world, you deserved 9th.  Close enough

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 11:04:47 AM »
Putnum is probably the best example of what's good in bodybuilding today.  A nice guy, well grounded, beautiful wife and a good physique.

Politics has nothing to do with this.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 11:08:01 AM »
putnam couldnt win the excalibur let alone a pro card (if the judging is fair)

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 11:10:33 AM »
This thread is pointless without more pics of his wife...

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2009, 11:12:52 AM »
Peter is the future of the 202.

You're basically looking at a mini Jay cutler.

It's unfair that everyone rags on his back (which is damn big when you see it in person)

Just a shame that he's a little old (35) to make those improvements

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 11:27:58 AM »
If it's 'politics', what's the angle? 

Other than Peter (and his family), who stands to benefit from his status as a pro?  What sort of 'extras' are included that would make it worthwhile to create a conspiracy to elevate his stature prematurely or completely without merit? 

I think the guy is totally down-to-earth and is deserving of the success that has come his way.  Does it take good luck and timing?  Absolutely, but the same applies to everyone else out there, too.

But, I'm willing to listen.  If there's a conspiracy in place, who is involved and why?
Look, I love Peter like a brother and Jessica like a third cousin (that's legal, right?) but Peter signed with AMI/Weider BEFORE he had a Pro Card. Now if you know anything about AMI/Weider, you know that they rarely, if EVER, sign anyone before they turn Pro. Why? Because, if judged fairly, there's no guarantee that a particularly bodybuilder EVER ascends to Pro Level. (See Matt Mendenhall).

So when Peter signed with AMI/Weider, it was really just a sure sign to betting men like myself and Block, that Putnam would secure his Pro card very, very shortly. After all, why pay an amateur when you can get them for free (See Muscletech).

It's not like Blechman at MD was salivating over Peter. He'd much rather have Jeff (Sch)Long!
BigNationRadio.com

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2009, 11:32:43 AM »
the guy just doesn't have a pro physique

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2009, 11:33:25 AM »
Look, I love Peter like a brother and Jessica like a third cousin (that's legal, right?) but Peter signed with AMI/Weider BEFORE he had a Pro Card. Now if you know anything about AMI/Weider, you know that they rarely, if EVER, sign anyone before they turn Pro. Why? Because, if judged fairly, there's no guarantee that a particularly bodybuilder EVER ascends to Pro Level. (See Matt Mendenhall).

So when Peter signed with AMI/Weider, it was really just a sure sign to betting men like myself and Block, that Putnam would secure his Pro card very, very shortly. After all, why pay an amateur when you can get them for free (See Muscletech).

It's not like Blechman at MD was salivating over Peter. He'd much rather have Jeff (Sch)Long!

There are a few reasons why they signed him as an amateur...one of which was they took an educated guess that he would get a pro card...nothing too crazy there.  

Other times they took a gamble and lost (see: Federov)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2009, 11:34:27 AM »
the guy just doesn't have a pro physique
is that photoshopped?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2009, 11:36:53 AM »

Ok, he signed with Weider before turning pro. 

So, if Weider/AMI are supposed to benefit, how will that happen given that all the naysayers posting here are claiming his physique is sub-par?  That's the question.  IF there was a conspiracy to boost him up before he was ready, how does the Weider/AMI group benefit from that? 

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2009, 11:43:59 AM »
Ok, he signed with Weider before turning pro. 

So, if Weider/AMI are supposed to benefit, how will that happen given that all the naysayers posting here are claiming his physique is sub-par?  That's the question.  IF there was a conspiracy to boost him up before he was ready, how does the Weider/AMI group benefit from that? 
They benefit by having someone's idea of a Golden Boy EXCLUSIVELY grace their covers and magazines.

The same way MD stands to benefit if their Golden Boy BRANDEN RAY were to win his Pro Card. Except Branden doesn't have blonde hair. Or Blue Eyes. Or a smokin' hot wife. Or a contract with AMI/Weider. But hey, he's still got that job at CNN! Right? Oh...
BigNationRadio.com