Author Topic: Eye glasses...  (Read 7277 times)

Griffith

• Getbig V
Re: Eye glasses...
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2018, 06:33:50 AM »
Be forewarned about Lasik...you might be corrected to 20/20 when you are under thirty...but as you age, you will still become farsighted, and need glasses for close up.

My father had it done in his late 60's, on both eyes. His eyesight is perfect now.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2018, 07:33:01 AM »
The problem with that if you have strong glasses because you are near sighted you can have the reverse problem. Now after surgery you will need glasses for reading instead of needing glasses for distance. I will take having good vision for reading as my first priority and use glasses for stuff like driving. 

I have horrible vision. Nearsighted but at worse than 20/600 it doesn’t really matter. I’m going to get it done as soon as I get off my unmotivated ass and go do it.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2018, 11:17:17 AM »
Couple years ago (age 50) I had to resort to reading glasses (cheaters). Still not used to it, so I buy them by the dozen at dollar stores, and leave them around everywhere.
Far away stuff, I'm fine. Up close, I'm like Mr. Magoo...

The great one wears glasses (Vince G.).

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2018, 02:30:39 PM »
Yes but it's better than bifocals.

Do people still wear the old fashioned bifocals? Progressives are much better.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2018, 02:37:54 PM »
He's referring to problem glasses you dumb boomer.

Is he? Just reread the Irongrip's original post and didn't see that. Exactly what problem is he referring to?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2018, 02:55:11 PM »
The problem with that if you have strong glasses because you are near sighted you can have the reverse problem. Now after surgery you will need glasses for reading instead of needing glasses for distance. I will take having good vision for reading as my first priority and use glasses for stuff like driving. 

Unless you do a lot of reading, wouldn't you be wearing your glasses most of the time?

My first pair of glasses were for reading. Try monovision where a person wears one contact lens that corrects only distance vision in one eye, and wearing another lens that corrects only near vision in the other eye. Monovision also works in conjunction with LASIK surgery. My contacts are monovision. This works well. Bifocal or multifocal contacts are another option.