Author Topic: Possible steroid effects???  (Read 1376 times)

mximus2002

• Getbig I
Possible steroid effects???
« on: April 02, 2007, 10:57:47 PM »
Maybe someone with a little medical knowledge or experience can respond to this.  But I understand that there is a lot of joint pain associated with steroid use, could a possible reason be because, when on steroids, a persons muscles grow too fast for the tendons and ligaments to keep up and properly support the muscles??

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Possible steroid effects???
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 03:31:45 AM »
Maybe someone with a little medical knowledge or experience can respond to this.  But I understand that there is a lot of joint pain associated with steroid use, could a possible reason be because, when on steroids, a persons muscles grow too fast for the tendons and ligaments to keep up and properly support the muscles??

I have not noticed "a lot of joint pain" from them.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 05:38:22 AM »
Deca at 200-400 is the most astounding joint problem/ reliever/ masker I've found.
And This includes strong P-script arthritis anti-I's you never heard of.  Ive got permanent help w/ shoulder probs from deca if I DONT USE IT TO BEAT MYSELF FURTHER INTO THE GROUND!  You can also do that, because for me, it makes upper body joints in particular sort of - indestructible-! I'd NEVER  run it at less than 2:1 W/ Test unless I didn't care about poon.
UP front, when your nat levels are high, I've got away w/ short runs of it by itself. Stop just before 3 wks.
But,There are better ways.

Deca w/ light rehab type streching lifts has done wonders for my sholders.
I dont think Ive any joint issues from steroid. I had them long before I ever used steroid.
If anything they allowed me to continue brutal physical work longer than would have been possible.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 09:46:11 AM »

I never really notice joint pain while aking gear. However, that would be my theory for why some people have joint problems while taking gear.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 12:19:50 PM »
in a way you are correct. most people gain alot of strength on a big cycle and your joints take a beating from the added strain of heavier weights.

another reason is many people do more volume(sets) when on cycle so they are adding more strain yet again through an increased workload.

yet another is people believe they can train more often on steroids so the frequency of training is greatly increased. example - training muscle groups twice a week instead of once due to being on steroids.

heavier weights + more sets(volume) + higher frequency of training = sore joints

when you combine all mentioned above, you will have painful joints. there really is no reason to greatly increase the frequency or volume on steroids IMO. add a little if you like but let them work for you the way they are meant to work.

i have dealt with this mainly in my wrists and elbows from making fast strength gains in powerlifting and Olympic movements.

the human body was not designed to make great jumps in strength and bodyweight. slow and steady gains will prevent injuries and aching joints.

this is my theory backed by many years of kinesiology and anatomy study.

8)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 12:47:57 PM »
 I sometimes get joint pain with strong cutters, esp. Winstrol, Tren and Anavar.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 05:11:13 PM »
no joint pain here.

possible effects of juice are aggression, muscle gain and fat loss. enjoy

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 06:07:24 PM »
no joint pain here.

possible effects of juice are aggression, muscle gain and fat loss. enjoy

U forgot High sex drive, positive mood and most important- larger & stronger swolen muscles.

Selene

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 09:49:52 PM »

if one is using AAS at too young of an age, yes that could be cause, also winstrol is known to dry out the joints thus causing
joint pain/discomfort.

when you put muscle on too quickly at too young of an age, it affects the tendons and ligaments thus causing joint issues expecially if the growth plates are not finished moving

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 10:54:01 PM »
U forgot High sex drive, positive mood and most important- larger & stronger swolen muscles.
yeah i forgot the sex drive, how could i forget? giving the rod to the gf 4+ times a day.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 11:45:43 PM »
yeah i forgot the sex drive, how could i forget? giving the rod to the gf 4+ times a day.

Got to find the right chick who can hold up. It blows their little mind. ;D