Author Topic: Kobe pours in 15! Another Lakers classic!  (Read 5983 times)

egj13

• Getbig III
  • Got life by the balls
Re: Kobe pours in 15! Another Lakers classic!
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2007, 04:35:30 AM »
2001 New England Patriots weren't close to the best players on the field during the Superbowl against the Rams. I realize it's the NFL and not the NBA but you did say any sport.

The absolute best players don't always win. The same can be said for the Cardinals last year in the World Series and of course the Marlins a few years ago. The Chicago White Sox on paper were the best team in baseball last year but they didn't win. Nearly every year the Yankees have the best team on paper as well. They're lineup is ridiculously stacked with All-Stars yet they don't win every year either.

Again, I'm not saying it's always the case but the best players don't always win. At times it's a case of the whole being greater than the sum of the parts.

Wasn't there a thread on this board about Kobe being better than Jordan? LOL That little winner of a statement could rank up there with the stupidest proclamations ever made.

Good call. We definately didn't consider Brady the top QB in the leauge before that game. I realize that the best players don't always win. But in pro sports it is rare that a team is simply "coached" to a championship. Most of our hearlded coaches got that way on the backs of great players.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2007, 08:21:37 AM »
so i'm guessing today's victory was a big hoax since the suns were up and they weren't playing their best? what do the kobe haters have to say?

Kobe = no character.   Did you see how he quit after they were down 17 points.  I even turned the TV off because I knew he had no heart.  Wait a minute ..... errrr... you mean they won? Well I'm sure it wasn't Kobe, because he only scored 15 last time.  Oh he scored 45?  Well I'm sure it was Kobe being selfish, doing it on his own.  WTF- What do you mean Kobe had 6 assists and Kwame scored 19 points- come on, you're making that up. 

Lesson Learned: The Suns may win the series, because they are a better team- the regular season showed us that.  But this win showed, if the Suns win- it's not because of Kobe, it is despite Kobe.  Case closed.   Haters please exit stage left, thanks for playing.

bodybusiness

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2007, 01:14:21 PM »
Kobe = no character.   Did you see how he quit after they were down 17 points.  I even turned the TV off because I knew he had no heart.  Wait a minute ..... errrr... you mean they won? Well I'm sure it wasn't Kobe, because he only scored 15 last time.  Oh he scored 45?  Well I'm sure it was Kobe being selfish, doing it on his own.  WTF- What do you mean Kobe had 6 assists and Kwame scored 19 points- come on, you're making that up. 

Lesson Learned: The Suns may win the series, because their a better team- the regular season showed us that.  But this win showed, if the Suns win- it's not because of Kobe, it is despite Kobe.  Case closed.   Haters please exit stage left, thanks for playing.

Turning off the tv: so if i talk about the game you will absolutely have no idea what i am talking about?

"despite" kobe: a couple of kwame's points came from kobe setting him up; kobe as a quitter? they you are going against what almost everybody in the NBA says about him having heart; remember game 4 last year when he gave won that game? or how about his string of 50pt. games? or maybe game 1 of this series?....and i'm only talking about this year lol

what do we learn? if the suns don't win the series, then they have wasted building their team. if the lakers win the series, people will still blame kobe for letting the suns even come close to winning. next time watch the game so we can talk =) 

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2007, 01:30:10 PM »
Turning off the tv: so if i talk about the game you will absolutely have no idea what i am talking about?

"despite" kobe: a couple of kwame's points came from kobe setting him up; kobe as a quitter? they you are going against what almost everybody in the NBA says about him having heart; remember game 4 last year when he gave won that game? or how about his string of 50pt. games? or maybe game 1 of this series?....and i'm only talking about this year lol

what do we learn? if the suns don't win the series, then they have wasted building their team. if the lakers win the series, people will still blame kobe for letting the suns even come close to winning. next time watch the game so we can talk =) 

Dude, my whole post is "tongue in cheek." I can't believe you totally missed the sarcasm (remember yesterdays posts on this same topic, where I defended Kobe and we agreed?)

I am a life long Lakers fan, I would never turn off the TV on a playoff game.  The point of the post is: (1) obviously Kobe has character, (2) obviously Kobe plays well when it counts, (3) obviously Kobe is not selfish and (4) obviously, if the Lakers lose the series will not be because of Kobe, it will be even though (i.e., "despite" the fact that) he is great

How could yesterday's game prove any different?  Read my post again.  I am channeling the "Kobe haters" of the world and how they think in order to mock them.

bodybusiness

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2007, 03:02:40 PM »

Dude, my whole post is "tongue in cheek." I can't believe you totally missed the sarcasm (remember yesterdays posts on this same topic, where I defended Kobe and we agreed?)

I am a life long Lakers fan, I would never turn off the TV on a playoff game.  The point of the post is: (1) obviously Kobe has character, (2) obviously Kobe plays well when it counts, (3) obviously Kobe is not selfish and (4) obviously, if the Lakers lose the series will not be because of Kobe, it will be even though (i.e., "despite" the fact that) he is great

How could yesterday's game prove any different?  Read my post again.  I am channeling the "Kobe haters" of the world and how they think in order to mock them.

haha now that i've read it over i can see what you mean. to think that i majored in english and i miss something like that. lol  go figure.

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
  • Sergio can split the atom. With his bare hands.
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2007, 02:27:40 AM »
so i'm guessing today's victory was a big hoax since the suns were up and they weren't playing their best? what do the kobe haters have to say?

HOLY SHIT!!!!

The Lakers won a game, someone check the record books. This has to be the first time in history that an NBA team has won a playoff game. And he scored 45 points. JESUS CHRIST!!! I think Jordan's biggest game was 13 points or something like that, Wilt never got over 10 points to my knowledge. WOW maybe I've been wrong about Kobe all along. Atmoic props to the worlds greatest human being, Kobe Bryant.

SERGIO!!!
Ugh, my retirement grease

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2007, 08:35:12 AM »
HOLY SHIT!!!!

The Lakers won a game, someone check the record books. This has to be the first time in history that an NBA team has won a playoff game. And he scored 45 points. JESUS CHRIST!!! I think Jordan's biggest game was 13 points or something like that, Wilt never got over 10 points to my knowledge. WOW maybe I've been wrong about Kobe all along. Atmoic props to the worlds greatest human being, Kobe Bryant.

SERGIO!!!

You've got it ass backwards.  Laker fans didn't start this post  The point is, it's the reverse of how this post started- HOLY SHIT- The Lakers lost a playoff game and Kobe SCORED ONLY 15.  No seventh seed has ever lost on the road to a second seed.  WHAT CHOKERS.  KOBE HAS NO CHARACTER.  (After all, Jordan had a bad quarter in HIS ENTIRE CAREER, his teams NEVER lost in the playoffs.)

It was an intentional overreaction in response to the initial post which was an overreaction.

GLAD YOU GOT IT....

(by the way, very cool that you're using MJ and Wilt as the context for your comments about Kobe.  That sort of drives our point home doesn't it?)

marinesgt

• Getbig III
  • Talk again..I'll snatch the life from your body...
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2007, 10:37:18 AM »
anyone else notice no one comes up to Kobe and daps him up for making freethrows?they just let him stand there..like i said i'm a huge lakers fan but damn Kobe is just making me pissed off more and more..how many other players would it take to make the Lakers a little bit better? i like the KG solution but who else would even be possible..i know how about Grant Hill..they say he's playing better and feeling better... ;D
FIYAAAH!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2007, 01:07:46 PM »

Kobe's not a quitter - he's just a bad teammate.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2007, 08:31:13 AM »
Kobe's not a quitter - he's just a bad teammate.

Three titles say otherwise.

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2007, 04:27:23 PM »
Three titles say otherwise.

Luc Longley has three titles. Does that make him better than Elgin Baylor, Patrick Ewing or Karl Malone who have none ?. Titles are overated.

SERGIO!!!!

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2007, 06:27:31 PM »
anyone else notice no one comes up to Kobe and daps him up for making freethrows?they just let him stand there..

No coincidence. He earned it. :D The kobester!!!!

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2007, 07:28:54 PM »
Now would be a good time to post that moronic article that said Bryant is a better basketball player than Michael Jordan was.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2007, 08:16:23 AM »
Luc Longley has three titles. Does that make him better than Elgin Baylor, Patrick Ewing or Karl Malone who have none ?. Titles are overated.

SERGIO!!!!

So Kobe can't win.  He's an integral part of a team that wins 3 straight titles and he's Luc Longley (great analogy by the way, why don't you take the next step and compare him to Darko Milicic?).  Then, Kobe's part of a collection of NBA hacks (e.g. Smush Parker) and doesn't win a title, and he's a bad teammate.  Heads I win, tails you lose. 

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2007, 08:45:22 AM »
Now would be a good time to post that moronic article that said Bryant is a better basketball player than Michael Jordan was.

Why?  Would Michael Jordan have won a title with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown?  [Answer: No]. Conversely, would Kobe have won a title with Pippen and the great role players on the Bulls championship teams [Answer: Yes].  Ask Steve Kerr, who played with MJ and is the most respected NBA analyst around today whether the Kobe- MJ comparison is a fair one [Hint: he thinks it is].

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2007, 08:59:48 AM »
Why?  Would Michael Jordan have won a title with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown?  [Answer: No]. Conversely, would Kobe have won a title with Pippen and the great role players on the Bulls championship teams [Answer: Yes].  Ask Steve Kerr, who played with MJ and is the most respected NBA analyst around today whether the Kobe- MJ comparison is a fair one [Hint: he thinks it is].

Bwaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sorry, the laughter has stopped now.

Nope, here it comes again.

Bwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa

Please continue to try and justify your INSANE belief that Bryant is as good as Jordan. If nothing else it's certainly good for a laugh.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2007, 09:03:10 AM »
Bwaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sorry, the laughter has stopped now.

Nope, here it comes again.

Bwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa

Please continue to try and justify your INSANE belief that Bryant is as good as Jordan. If nothing else it's certainly good for a laugh.

Let me see, whose opinion do I value?  Someone who played with MJ and is the best NBA commentator around, or someone whose version of "analysis" is: "Bwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa."

I think I'll go with Steve Kerr (but feel free in the future to insert an actual coherent argument in your posts).

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2007, 09:38:59 AM »
Let me see, whose opinion do I value?  Someone who played with MJ and is the best NBA commentator around, or someone whose version of "analysis" is: "Bwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa."

I think I'll go with Steve Kerr (but feel free in the future to insert an actual coherent argument in your posts).

Thanks for continuing to make me laugh.

You seem to be missing an important point, namely there is no coherent argument regarding this topic. Bryant isn't on the same planet as Jordan (no one was or is), them's the facts. I'm sorry you don't like it but that's life. No need to stress though, not being equal to or greater than the greatest basketball player in the world is nothing to be ashamed of. 

Oh, and you keep hanging that "Kobe is better than Jordan" argument on what Kerr says. You'll go real far with that one.

Again, thanks for the laughs.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2007, 09:52:18 AM »
Bryant isn't on the same planet as Jordan (no one was or is), them's the facts.

You see, "laughing boy," "them's the facts" is not argument.  Saying "Bryant is not on the same planet as Jordan because [insert point here]" does make a point.  BTW, even leaving Kobe aside, there is valid debate to be had about whether there are others greater than Jordan, so to act like you are dealing with some absolute law of the universe re: Jordan is retarded.

Until you learn to, and have presented, a coherent argument, there is no reason to deal with you further (pick up a book on debating or logic, anything, please). 

Next....

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2007, 10:16:11 AM »
You see, "laughing boy," "them's the facts" is not argument.  Saying "Bryant is not on the same planet as Jordan because [insert point here]" does make a point.  BTW, even leaving Kobe aside, there is valid debate to be had about whether there are others greater than Jordan, so to act like you are dealing with some absolute law of the universe re: Jordan is retarded.

Until you learn to, and have presented, a coherent argument, there is no reason to deal with you further (pick up a book on debating or logic, anything, please). 

Next....

Again, thanks for the laughs. Watching a Kobe rump swab attempt to argue something that can't be argued is always amusing.

Kobe is better than Jordan, BWAAAAHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAA AAHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAA.

It must be tough to be such an insane ball sucker.

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2007, 03:10:27 PM »
So Kobe can't win.  He's an integral part of a team that wins 3 straight titles and he's Luc Longley (great analogy by the way, why don't you take the next step and compare him to Darko Milicic?). 

I would compare Darko to Kobe but that's very unfair to Darko as he has helped his team win a title in the last 3 years. Plus he beat Kobe to win it too ;D. BTW, Longley and Bryant are very similar. Both couldn't have won their three titles without the help of a vastly superior teamate ;D.

SERGIO!!!!

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2007, 03:43:05 PM »
I would compare Darko to Kobe but that's very unfair to Darko as he has helped his team win a title in the last 3 years. Plus he beat Kobe to win it too ;D. BTW, Longley and Bryant are very similar. Both couldn't have won their three titles without the help of a vastly superior teamate ;D.
SERGIO!!!!

In 2003-04, Darko shot 26.2% and averaged 1.4 ppg, it can hardly be said that he "helped his team win a title."       

As far as not winning titles without a teammate, anyone who watched the three title seasons knows that the Lakers' most valuable player in the playoffs, in the process of getting to the finals, was Kobe, not Shaq.

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2007, 03:55:28 PM »
In 2003-04, Darko shot 26.2% and averaged 1.4 ppg, it can hardly be said that he "helped his team win a title."       

Every little bit helps. Unless your a ball hog like some players ;D.

SERGIO!!!!

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2007, 04:05:18 PM »
Every little bit helps. Unless your a ball hog like some players ;D.

SERGIO!!!!

Okay, Sergio- you take Darko on your team, I'll go with Kobe.  Whatever.  There's no talking sense to the Kobe haters.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2007, 07:26:37 PM »
Kobe is not on the level of Jordan, let alone players even better like Wilt or Magic. Forget it.