Author Topic: Is Dante Culpepper going to be a Patriot?  (Read 4125 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Is Dante Culpepper going to be a Patriot?
« on: September 09, 2008, 07:37:42 AM »

This team can still win 12 games.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Re: Is Dante Culpepper going to be a Patriot?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 07:54:51 AM »
This team can still win 12 games.

Don't be afraid to visit the sports board ;)

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 07:58:19 AM »
Jake the Snake on the COMEBACK!
$

The Coach

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 08:15:52 AM »
Where did you hear that Tre?

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 08:16:30 AM »
who cares about that rugby-wannabe "sport"

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 08:19:03 AM »
Get that out of here, none of us care about the Patriots now.  Don't even act for a second as if they are contenders now.  Bye Bye NE!!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 09:08:10 AM »
Where did you hear that Tre?

He wants a job really badly. 

Get that out of here, none of us care about the Patriots now.  Don't even act for a second as if they are contenders now.  Bye Bye NE!!

Matt Cassel has talent, hasn't taken a lot of punishment in his football career, has some great receivers at his disposal, and has an awesome offensive line protecting him. 

You've got to like their chances to make a deep run in the playoffs this year. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 09:14:08 AM »
Bucs' Chris simms is trying out too.

He intentionally dogged it in Tampa to get outta town.  He's rich from his dad's career, so he wasn't worried about the paycheck.  He might do okay up there.

temper35

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 09:16:51 AM »
Bucs' Chris simms is trying out too.

He intentionally dogged it in Tampa to get outta town.  He's rich from his dad's career, so he wasn't worried about the paycheck.  He might do okay up there.

LOL?  Didn't his appendix burst?

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 09:23:41 AM »
who cares about that rugby-wannabe "sport"

Rugby is for homos.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 09:33:44 AM »
LOL?  Didn't his appendix burst?

like 11 months ago i think

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 09:36:03 AM »
I hope he is.

body88

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 10:57:35 AM »
Doubt it.... Simms and ratay did not try out for the pats...they where sent home. Cassel knows the playbook, and as long as he can manage a game, the pats can make the playoffs. The pats have a good defense, a stacked offense, good special teams and awesome coaching.

We need Cassel to be close to the Brady of 2001, not 2007 (which is impossible for anyone short of Manning or Marino). As long as Cassel can make throws and not lose a game, the pats will win the east. Cassel is pretty mobile, can make throws and knows the playbook. It all comes down to his poise and decision making. As long as he is solid, the pats can make a run. Will they win it all, don't know, but they sure as hell can win the east.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 11:05:19 AM »
beware of the J-E-T-S

JETS, JETS, JETS!

body88

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 12:03:15 PM »
beware of the J-E-T-S

JETS, JETS, JETS!

The Pats have better:
Special teams
Coaching
Offensive line
Defensive line
Receivers
Running backs
Tight ends
Lb's

The Jets have better
Secondary
QB

If Cassel can be kind of like Brady was in 2001, the Jets wont beat them for the Division. I'm not sold on the Jets just yet. Mangina was a guy who had his coaching responsibilities stripped from him when he coached here in NE, and Farve could always implode into the interception machine at any time. Lets see how they fair when injuries and adversity hits. They barley beat the phins last week, and the phins won a single game last year.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 12:19:50 PM »
I believe the Pats are still a playoff team with Cassell.
Y

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 01:52:14 PM »
The Pats have better:
Special teams
Coaching
Offensive line
Defensive line
Receivers
Running backs
Tight ends
Lb's

The Jets have better
Secondary
QB

If Cassel can be kind of like Brady was in 2001, the Jets wont beat them for the Division. I'm not sold on the Jets just yet. Mangina was a guy who had his coaching responsibilities stripped from him when he coached here in NE, and Farve could always implode into the interception machine at any time. Lets see how they fair when injuries and adversity hits. They barley beat the phins last week, and the phins won a single game last year.

You're stating opinion, not fact with your analysis of the position strengths and weaknesses.(even though most people would agree with your comparisons.

However, it's 2008. New year with possible different results. The Jets could make a run this year with Favre. Guy's almost 39 years old but can still play his ass off.

And by the same token, you only beat KC by one score at home despite being so incredibly talented at all the skill positions. KC won 4 games last year.

And Cassel is not the Brady of 2001, let alone 2008. Matt Cassel can only be Matt Cassel over the next 15 games. We'll see how it plays out.

body88

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 03:42:14 PM »
You're stating opinion, not fact with your analysis of the position strengths and weaknesses.(even though most people would agree with your comparisons.

However, it's 2008. New year with possible different results. The Jets could make a run this year with Favre. Guy's almost 39 years old but can still play his ass off.

And by the same token, you only beat KC by one score at home despite being so incredibly talented at all the skill positions. KC won 4 games last year.

And Cassel is not the Brady of 2001, let alone 2008. Matt Cassel can only be Matt Cassel over the next 15 games. We'll see how it plays out.

Opinion? Thats fair, but tell me where I was wrong. Offensive line ( Mankins,Light,Koppen, Neal)...Wr's (Moss, Welker, Gaff)....rb's( Jordan, Maroney, Morris, Faulk)....Tight ends ( Watson, Thomas)...Defensive line(Seymour,Wilfork,Warren, Wright, Greene)....lb's ( Vrabel, Mayo, Alexander,Thomas, Crable, Bru). Also, I never said that the pats O did well after they lost Brady. I would think Cassel starting with NO practise might have affected how he worked a little. Starters take 90% of the snaps leading up to game day. Even so, he had a great game. Imo the jets are better, but aside from qb,cb and Saftey, the pats are deeper at every position.

I never said Cassel was Brady in 2001, but I bet you any sum of money that you have never seen Matt play before last week, and thats not a knock on you....only NE fans knew who the hell he was. Your right, he is not even in Brady's world, but all he has to do is manage a game. Your own Trent Dilfer proved you can be totally average and win. Tom made the throws he needed to make when he first started. The pats didn't open things up for him at first.

I think the Jets are a MUCH better team, but I think the Bills are better. The Jets could beat the pats this weekend, I wouldent be shocked at all, but I don't bank on them winning the east...not by a mile.

iron_dawg

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 04:21:17 PM »
not saying tom brady is not great...but with Randy Moss

and Wes Welker anyone could make plays

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 04:50:58 PM »
Doubt it.... Simms and ratay did not try out for the pats...they where sent home. Cassel knows the playbook, and as long as he can manage a game, the pats can make the playoffs. The pats have a good defense, a stacked offense, good special teams and awesome coaching.

We need Cassel to be close to the Brady of 2001, not 2007 (which is impossible for anyone short of Manning or Marino). As long as Cassel can make throws and not lose a game, the pats will win the east. Cassel is pretty mobile, can make throws and knows the playbook. It all comes down to his poise and decision making. As long as he is solid, the pats can make a run. Will they win it all, don't know, but they sure as hell can win the east.
bingo he already knows the system and has been through months of practicing with them as the starter during the preseason to bring in another QB now that doesnt know the system or players would only make the situation worse.

IMHO though they end up missing the wild card spot by one game,,,you heard it here first

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 04:53:43 PM »
beware of the J-E-T-S

JETS, JETS, JETS!
they are so over rated right now, They didnt broadcast their game for my area but i watched highlights and brett farve looked like he got mighty lucky on a few plays and thats against Miami. It shouldnt have been such a close game but b/c of the jets kicker getting hurt LOL it was but still I think they are way over rated right now.

body88

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2008, 05:49:32 PM »
they are so over rated right now, They didnt broadcast their game for my area but i watched highlights and brett farve looked like he got mighty lucky on a few plays and thats against Miami. It shouldnt have been such a close game but b/c of the jets kicker getting hurt LOL it was but still I think they are way over rated right now.

How about my boy Felix Jones? I said he was going to be very special when he got to the NFL. He is a little monster.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2008, 05:53:16 PM »

How about my boy Felix Jones? I said he was going to be very special when he got to the NFL. He is a little monster.
i like him but id like to see him run against a tough run def...when he got in the def line was pretty much done...but definite potential i never watched college ball really so never got a look at him before sunday i think he will do real good especially in dallas if barber is in there and beats them down and then you get that speedy bastard in there good things will happen.

body88

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008, 08:38:59 PM »
i like him but id like to see him run against a tough run def...when he got in the def line was pretty much done...but definite potential i never watched college ball really so never got a look at him before sunday i think he will do real good especially in dallas if barber is in there and beats them down and then you get that speedy bastard in there good things will happen.

Give him time... I think his ypc in college was like 9 yards,lol.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2008, 05:52:16 PM »
Give him time... I think his ypc in college was like 9 yards,lol.
LOL what? thats crazy

they said on sunday that barbers ypc was like 5.6 or something like that and thats pretty damn impressive too i think he will do well especially in dallas with their line and other offensive weapons.