Author Topic: Sample Bulking/Cutting Diets  (Read 199929 times)

DMG

• Getbig IV
  • A monster is born...
Re:Sample Bulking/Cutting Diets
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2004, 08:13:52 PM »
Sorry gunnz, what I meant to say was L-Glutamine and Creatine compete for absorbtion. It would be much better to use glutamine peptides if you mix the two. Here's part of an article backing up that statement. I made the main point stand out.

GLUTAMINE

The muscle power of Glutamine is etched in stone. This amino acid, the most abundant in muscle tissue (over 50% of the total amino acid pool), is a powerful anabolic and anticatabolic. Glutamine boosts anabolism by helping maintain protein balance and increasing protein synthesis while putting the brakes on protein degradation. It increases testosterone secretion and its anticatabolic activity decreases muscle breakdown during metabolic acidosis. This is a catabolic condition common to overtrained athletes or those on excessively high protein diets supplemented with inefficient sources, (e.g. whey-only protein powders).

In one study, glutamine supplementation was even demonstrated to prevent glucocorticoid- (dexamethasone-) induced muscle atrophy, illustrating that this amino acid is a worthwhile addition to the arsenal of any athlete intending to give cortisol a serious ass kicking!

Glutamine concentrations and synthesis are decreased by illness, high intensity exercise and, believe it or not, the use of growth hormone. Under some catabolic conditions, glutamine levels drop by as much as 50%. To make matters worse, it's also largely utilized by the gut and snapped up by the liver for glucose formation (gluconeogenesis).

Timing and source are important too. The few negative studies that found little influence of supplemental glutamine on skeletal muscle levels studied only L-glutamine. Other studies have indicated that peptide-bonded glutamine has higher bioavailability than its free-form counterpart; therefore it makes good sense to use only this form in any glutamine/creatine combination, particularly with creatine and L-glutamine absorption mixing.

Team Testosterone

gunnz

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2004, 11:06:02 AM »
Good info!!  This will be a big help.
Where can you buy glutamine peptides?  Looked on a couple different sites and couldn't find them.  
Any products/ideas for me?

DMG

• Getbig IV
  • A monster is born...
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2004, 04:03:07 PM »
Trueprotein.com sells glutamine peptides. Here's a link.

http://66.63.171.49/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=93
Team Testosterone

bob jjj

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2004, 10:30:17 PM »
great post .. just a question
 your saying this is for a 200lbs male .....I only weight 172 but would like to cut up a bit...how would i change this according to me weight ?

DMG

• Getbig IV
  • A monster is born...
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2004, 10:36:22 PM »
Thanks for the comment on the post. This cutting diet is supposed to be for someone around 200lbs, however if you would like to personalize it a little thats great. I would say to stick to this diet of around 2,550 calories and than adjust accordingly. Varying your calories up or down. If you start losing too much muscle on this diet try uping your cals a little. If you notice you aren't losing much fat, lower the cals a little. It's all about trial and error. I hope this helps bro.
Team Testosterone

BW

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2004, 02:28:33 PM »
 Hello, Just curious why no veggies/fiborous carbs in your diet examples?  It may be a little more difficult/expensive to plan your meals and I know not alot of people like there veggies... but...ie.- half a bag of green beans with large potato and (chicken/tuna) protein source would be one complete meal with the essencials/right kind of calories for both bulking and cutting.....no?  

Regards,
BW

DMG

• Getbig IV
  • A monster is born...
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2004, 02:53:44 PM »
Yeah BW, these are just examples. You can switch them up anyway you want to. Just make sure the calories and protein are as close to these examples as possible.
Team Testosterone

wanna be huge

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2004, 12:51:00 AM »
read ur bulking article.
all is good but post workout why is it whey with olive oil or yoghurt .(never heard taking efas and casien in post workout meals
i think whey with dextrose powder is better save the efa for other meals.

correct me if wrong!

DMG

• Getbig IV
  • A monster is born...
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2004, 09:20:28 AM »
read ur bulking article.
all is good but post workout why is it whey with olive oil or yoghurt .(never heard taking efas and casien in post workout meals
i think whey with dextrose powder is better save the efa for other meals.

correct me if wrong!

Your probably right, I just like to throw in olive oil so that I can get some more calories in right after my workout.
Team Testosterone

gijoe

• Getbig IV
  • On Native Soil
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2004, 09:41:25 AM »
Even EFA's shouldn't be used immediately after a W/O, it slows absorbtion of the protein and carbs into the system.  Save the xtra calories for another part of the day.
Lots of work to do :-(

wanna be huge

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2004, 09:55:10 AM »
i think the EFAs can be had anytime  ,but not in the 3 hr oppturnity WINDOW!

Scarfo23

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2004, 12:06:31 PM »

Is there anything you can use to substitute for Tuna because Tuna is nasty as hell?

DMG

• Getbig IV
  • A monster is born...
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2004, 02:02:22 PM »

Is there anything you can use to substitute for Tuna because Tuna is nasty as hell?

Grilled chicken
Team Testosterone

rotterdam-boy

• Getbig II
  • TEAM RONNIE COLEMAN aint nuthin to it but to do it
Re: Sample Bulking/Cutting Diets
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2004, 03:59:52 PM »
ok dmg and rockel i see you put a lot of work into this diet, and im gonna use it for myself. but im a little confused.

you wrote that when cutting you must  consume 15 cals  per pound body weight.  thats 3000 calsfor a 200 pound person. but you wrote in your diet 2550 calories. and also that you must use close to 2 grams of protein per pound bodyweight. if its like that than this cutting diet lacks a lot of calories and protein.

so is it a correct diet ? i would like to use it but i need correct numbers for grams/cals.

rotterdam-boy

• Getbig II
  • TEAM RONNIE COLEMAN aint nuthin to it but to do it
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2004, 04:10:19 PM »
how mutch % should it be when cutting?

protein 40 %
carbohydrates 40 %
fats 20 %

something like this?

DMG

• Getbig IV
  • A monster is born...
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2004, 10:01:34 PM »
Those sample diets are just appoximations. Jackal and I tried to get them as exact as we could, be there is always room for error. These diets are just supposed to be samples to work off of, and to give people an idea of what a bulking and cutting diet looks like.
Team Testosterone

Kijimuna

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2004, 05:51:33 PM »
Why are there two meal #5's, are they both after workout meals?

I want to try this cutting diet but I'm a teacher and cannot find the time to eat that often.
So could I eat these meals:

#1 at 8am after 30 minutes of cardio
#2 at 9:20am
#3 at 11:45am
#4 at 3pm (go to the gym at 4pm)
#5 at 6pm after workout
#6 at 9pm before bed

DMG

• Getbig IV
  • A monster is born...
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2004, 05:57:29 PM »
Why are there two meal #5's, are they both after workout meals?

I want to try this cutting diet but I'm a teacher and cannot find the time to eat that often.
So could I eat these meals:

#1 at 8am after 30 minutes of cardio
#2 at 9:20am
#3 at 11:45am
#4 at 3pm (go to the gym at 4pm)
#5 at 6pm after workout
#6 at 9pm before bed

Sorry, that was a typo. Yes, that would be just fine to eat those meals at the times specified.
Team Testosterone

kijimuna

« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2004, 06:21:24 PM »
So are these times ok?

DMG

• Getbig IV
  • A monster is born...
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2004, 11:20:52 AM »
Team Testosterone

McRipped

« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2004, 08:55:34 PM »
I have studied sports nutrition now for several years and this diet looks very clean. I really like what was said about the antioxidants such as Vit E and C. It doesn't really matter when you take it. It it is much better to take smaller amounts of each several times a day to insure a good absorbtion. Since Vit. E is a fat soluble vitamin you should be taking it with some fat it such as flaxseed oil or Omega 3 pills.

Watch the insulin:
If you are a natural athlete it is very important to raise insulin levels after your workout to reduce cortisol levels that result from heavy lifting and anerobic cardio training. The easiest way to do this is to eat carbs with a high glycemic index (but no refined sugar since it dehydrates you) together with some protein. The best ratio of carbs to protein should be 4:1. Since carbs and fats have to stay low to insure fast digestion I would sugggest a few rice crackers together with 10g of glutamin mixed in water. Since you are not taking any diary products at this time that contain calcium it might also be a good time to take some magnesim, Vit. B6 and some Zink. Calories should be around 300. About 90 minutles later you can eat a bigger meal containing more protein, less carbs and some "clean" fats.

Again, it is a good diet though. In general a diet has to be adjusted to the times you are working out!

100kg Clint

• Getbig II
  • Get some!
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2004, 11:11:30 AM »
when stated about the post workout shake for bulking up, do you mean mix the whey in with the apple juice? or seperate. i usually mix my shake with milk!
Shadow was his brand: Instantly recognisable.

DMG

• Getbig IV
  • A monster is born...
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2004, 10:31:09 PM »
when stated about the post workout shake for bulking up, do you mean mix the whey in with the apple juice? or seperate. i usually mix my shake with milk!

You can either mix it with apple juice or drink that seprately. The idea is just to get dextrose into your body as soon as possible after workout. You can also purchase dextrose and just mix that into your post workout drink if you want to and than you don't need apple juice.
Team Testosterone

24Hourpro

• Getbig III
  • Its hard to be humble when you're huge.
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2004, 11:38:11 PM »
eating any fruit during a cutting diet is not a good idea.
ironmass.com

TNTBOOM

• Getbig III
  • die or diet
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2005, 12:09:05 PM »
eating any fruit during a cutting diet is not a good idea.
it all depends on the kind of fruit you are eating
water melon is not as bad as oranges
while cutting!
 ;)